Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Has anyone had any experience doing a ship to store order then doing a return/rebuy using a coupon?

I want to use the 50% off guide books coupon on the Skyrim guide but they're only available for ship to store.

[quote name='RCS0926']Some of these Best Buy deals have been pretty amazing. I may sign up for a GZ Unlocked membership in the future (probably some time before Black Friday next year).[/QUOTE]I wouldn't wait to long since BB isn't exactly time efficient with mailings and stuff, buy the time you see the deal you want/need to save yourself $ it could already too late or limited to RZGCU members. You be in the same situation as many other who decided not to jump on the $10/yr sub offer, waited till August-Sept to join thinking they'd get the free unlocked coupon & missed these coupons or had to buy muliple months mags already at $5 ea. At this points it's clear you'll save much more than $15 usually in 2 issues or less...really just one $20 off coupon combined w/$40 sale price on a game you would've/did pay $60 for & your well ahead of the game.

[quote name='VincenteX']Has anyone had any experience doing a ship to store order then doing a return/rebuy using a coupon?

I want to use the 50% off guide books coupon on the Skyrim guide but they're only available for ship to store.[/QUOTE]

I did it with Rune Factory; you should ask your employees beforehand though.

I finally got my coupons today ! I used the b2g1 on new 39.99 games or less one to get 2 Mario 3d land and 1 star fox. When Mario cart comes out ill exchange one of my Maris for a Mario cart. I could have gotten zelda instead but I'm going to use my @gamer 30% off coupon on a used copy.

I've decided I'm going to pick up three 3DS games with my coupon. I think MK7 comes out Sunday?? So, I'll do it next week. Think the coupon is good until end of December.

Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Ocarina of Time

Every week I go into BB and look at their used games. I never barely find one, let alone three games I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't checked every page but is it safe to say if you haven't received it by now that ur SOL?

Unless there's contact info to inquire? Again I haven't checked every page.

I just got mine yesterday so you might still be in luck. I thought I was SOL as well since I was "unlocked" since September. My magazine and coupon pack arrived on the same day. Too bad the coupons in the mag all expired already :(

It would be nice to actually get my magazine via the mail in a timely manner. Dec Issue has been in-stores for almost 2 weeks now and yet still no issue in my mailbox.

im gonna shoot the infamous Mike a pm regarding these...seeing as how theres only a month left that the coupons are good for, i'll be curious to see what will happen for those of us who will inevitably not get them...

[quote name='themightypencil']im gonna shoot the infamous Mike a pm regarding these...seeing as how theres only a month left that the coupons are good for, i'll be curious to see what will happen for those of us who will inevitably not get them...[/QUOTE]

I tried posting a message in the BB forums just now as well. What good is this magazine if by the time I get it each month the coupons are going to be expired. I wonder if a BB manager can override and still make the coupon go through? I'd really like to use that Mortal Kombat coupon from last month's mag that I just got yesterday

You guys, since signing up for the magazine in June I've gotten all of mags late. The first issue I got was September which came the second week of September. Same with Oct and Dec and I just laugh at the old advertisements like "coming soon" cos they already passed. Worst magazine subscription ever. If we do even get the coupons (as some are just now getting them) I'm fairly confident some will show up after xmas!

RZGC Unlocked member here since the 1st day it was offered...have yet to receive my coupon packet, or the newest magazine (although I know my local store just got them a day or two ago, so I would expect the mag sometime within the next week...the damn coupons on the other hand...)

I'm waiting on the latest issue of the mag to show up at my house after getting most of them in a timely manner. Hopefully this is just a couple days to a week delay due to Thanksgiving as opposed to a new trend.

Although I don't think there are any coupons out of the magazine that give an insane discount on any games right now. That is, minus the Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster coupon that you coulda used with the Cyber Monday $29.99 price to make it $9.99.:cry:

[quote name='jbz']I tried posting a message in the BB forums just now as well. What good is this magazine if by the time I get it each month the coupons are going to be expired. I wonder if a BB manager can override and still make the coupon go through? I'd really like to use that Mortal Kombat coupon from last month's mag that I just got yesterday[/QUOTE]:rofl:They can but the chances of that happening are the same as getting them to pm a target b2g1 + give you 3 instant gc offers from TRU + allow a 10% off coupon all in the same transaction. I would forsee them trying the coupon 1st :joystick:, then checking date of the coupon & the unfortunate denial.

[quote name='Kali']You guys, since signing up for the magazine in June I've gotten all of mags late. The first issue I got was September which came the second week of September. Same with Oct and Dec and I just laugh at the old advertisements like "coming soon" cos they already passed. Worst magazine subscription ever. If we do even get the coupons (as some are just now getting them) I'm fairly confident some will show up after xmas![/QUOTE]You need to contact @gamer CS so they can alert the postmaster for your area. When I delivery to the USPS they make a big deal about repeated calls concerning timed items.

[quote name='Enuf']:rofl:They can but the chances of that happening are the same as getting them to pm a target b2g1 + give you 3 instant gc offers from TRU + allow a 10% off coupon all in the same transaction. I would forsee them trying the coupon 1st :joystick:, then checking date of the coupon & the unfortunate denial.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I had the coupons from several @Gamer magazines in my pocket the one time I went to BB. I ended up trying to use one of the older ones by accident and it DID ring up as $xx off Y game, but once they hit total it didn't take anything off the item. So the old coupons WILL still ring up in the system, but they won't provide a discount.

Believe me, if the old ones did work, then Brink would be FREE for PS3/360 and Hunted would be $5.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I had the coupons from several @Gamer magazines in my pocket the one time I went to BB. I ended up trying to use one of the older ones by accident and it DID ring up as $xx off Y game, but once they hit total it didn't take anything off the item. So the old coupons WILL still ring up in the system, but they won't provide a discount.

Believe me, if the old ones did work, then Brink would be FREE for PS3/360 and Hunted would be $5.:)[/QUOTE]forget brink/Hunted there's that 50% off used games coupon that would stay in play all day everyday...correction 60% off cuz I'm unlocked. And all those $20 off ones that are on good games would be flipping fodder for months, just waiting for BB or GS to offer that extra $5 per game on top of the base TIV deal & that's when my BB credit jumps to $599.99!!!!!!

[quote name='mgford11']Anyone wanna get rid of their b2g1 new games coupon? need to finish up xmas shopping; will pay shipping obviously abnd whatever.[/QUOTE]

Just wait until Sunday, if you can. Rumor is that BB is going to have a B2G1 on all games (new and used) $29.99 and up.

[quote name='sgaldis']Just wait until Sunday, if you can. Rumor is that BB is going to have a B2G1 on all games (new and used) $29.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

First I've heard. Hope that's true.

[quote name='sgaldis']Just wait until Sunday, if you can. Rumor is that BB is going to have a B2G1 on all games (new and used) $29.99 and up.[/QUOTE]
Definitely on new games. Saw the ad but don't remember seeing anything about used.

I signed up for Unlocked last month and got the December issue today. I feel bad for everyone that hasn't received their first mag yet after signing up months ago. I didn't get any coupons, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't received these or my latest mag. Best Buy is failing me bad. Ordered 6 live codes only emailed 3 and can't get them to refund me or email me more. The kinect I ordered is taking forever, amazon would have it here quicker if I ordered it right now and I ordered from Best Buy 8 days ago. Best Buy can suck it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got my copy of the magazine today. It figured that I get it AFTER that Sesame Street game went back up to $49.99.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed that was the only thing I wanted out of this mag. So pissed at best buy right now.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Agreed that was the only thing I wanted out of this mag. So pissed at best buy right now.[/QUOTE]
I thought about going to BB while it was on sale for $29.99 and asking them if I could use one of the coupons out of the in-store mag for the SS: OUAM game. If you can find an understanding gaming rep they should allow it as long as you could provide some sort of proof that you're subscribed to the magazine.

Signed up for it a month, a month and half ago. Still no first issue or welcome package. In fact the Gamer Unlocked doesn't even show up on my account anymore either. Even though if you click through the recent purchases it's there clear as day. Only found out when I went to do some trade in yesterday so I got screwed out of 12 dollars or so. Manager said there was nothing he could do.

I hate how their excuse for solving everything is just for you to call corporate and have them fix it. And then corporate says they can't do anything or that it will take two weeks and nothing gets done. I used to think Best Buy wasn't so bad, especially up here in Alaska where choices are limited. I guess I'll go back to shopping at Amazon where they provide good customer support and have good prices too.

[quote name='Thongsy']Signed up for it a month, a month and half ago. Still no first issue or welcome package. In fact the Gamer Unlocked doesn't even show up on my account anymore either. Even though if you click through the recent purchases it's there clear as day. Only found out when I went to do some trade in yesterday so I got screwed out of 12 dollars or so. Manager said there was nothing he could do.

I hate how their excuse for solving everything is just for you to call corporate and have them fix it. And then corporate says they can't do anything or that it will take two weeks and nothing gets done. I used to think Best Buy wasn't so bad, especially up here in Alaska where choices are limited. I guess I'll go back to shopping at Amazon where they provide good customer support and have good prices too.[/QUOTE]
Try posting on the BB forums. They managed to get my Unlocked to show up. I'm not sure if they could help expedite the magazine/welcome packet, though soon after I posted about not receiving the welcome packet I got it in the mail.:)

In the future, just explain your situation at BBY and more often than not they will work with you on the magazine coupon situation. My store said that they did have to take the coupon and couldn't just scan it...so I grabbed 4 copies (1 free because of the situation with the subscription taking so long) to get 4 of the OUAM coupons. After tearing out all the coupons and ringing up the games the cashier put everything in a bag and said "Have a nice day!". I told her I needed to pay for the magazines still and just smiled and said not to worry about it! Moral of the story...just be nice and politely ask if they can help you out and you may get more than you even asked for...may!

got my unlocked coupon a lil over a week ago & I used the free unlocked coupon on the last day before it expired. Wasn't really expecting to get it but BB comes thru again.

Thus far I've used 2 of the 4 welcome package coupons(B2G1 on new games $40 n under, 50% off a single strategy guide), but I doubt I'm gonna use the other two(B2G1 on used games, 10% off a digital purchase) since their selection of used games suck balls and are overpriced and there's not much DLC wise for games that they sell that I'd want.

I'm still tempted to take the receipt from my 50% off guide coupon purchase in store locally n see if I can get em to remove the extra $5 they charge for the Uncharted 3 CE guide, since it's bs they're charging $5 over MSRP for it.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thus far I've used 2 of the 4 welcome package coupons(B2G1 on new games $40 n under, 50% off a single strategy guide), but I doubt I'm gonna use the other two(B2G1 on used games, 10% off a digital purchase) since their selection of used games suck balls and are overpriced and there's not much DLC wise for games that they sell that I'd want.

I'm still tempted to take the receipt from my 50% off guide coupon purchase in store locally n see if I can get em to remove the extra $5 they charge for the Uncharted 3 CE guide, since it's bs they're charging $5 over MSRP for it.:roll:[/QUOTE]I'm in the same situation, though I used my 50% off coupon on a copy of the AC:R CE guide along with a $10 reward certificate and a GC with $4 left on it to get the book for ~$4. I then put it up on Amazon Marketplace for $47.99 (people were charging more than $50 for new copies because Amazon was out of stock for some reason) and sold it a couple of days later...just before Amazon got some more in stock. \\:D/

I also don't think I could use the other two coupons, but I'm pretty satisfied with how I've used the first two. ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm in the same situation, though I used my 50% off coupon on a copy of the AC:R CE guide along with a $10 reward certificate and a GC with $4 left on it to get the book for ~$4. I then put it up on Amazon Marketplace for $47.99 (people were charging more than $50 for new copies because Amazon was out of stock for some reason) and sold it a couple of days later...just before Amazon got some more in stock. \\:D/

I also don't think I could use the other two coupons, but I'm pretty satisfied with how I've used the first two. ;)[/QUOTE]
Me too. Hopefully the Uncharted 3 CE guide goes up in value like the first two Uncharted guides have. If so, then I'll sell that bad boy in a year or two for hopefully triple what I paid for it.;)

I also used that B2G1 coupon on new games $39.99 and under on Black Friday to get 3 of the $29.99-$34.99 games for $60 total.:lol: Can't beat paying $20 each for 3 games, one of which just came out a week or two earlier(AC: Revelations), especially since the early copies of AC: R had a copy of the original AC right on the disc(that you had to install on the PS3 for some reason though).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Me too. Hopefully the Uncharted 3 CE guide goes up in value like the first two Uncharted guides have. If so, then I'll sell that bad boy in a year or two for hopefully triple what I paid for it.;)

I also used that B2G1 coupon on new games $39.99 and under on Black Friday to get 3 of the $29.99-$34.99 games for $60 total.:lol: Can't beat paying $20 each for 3 games, one of which just came out a week or two earlier(AC: Revelations), especially since the early copies of AC: R had a copy of the original AC right on the disc(that you had to install on the PS3 for some reason though).[/QUOTE]

Cause the PS3 version was the only version to get the first game for free. 360 didnt.

I just got the coupons today even though I sign up around early August & also got those stickers that everyone here talk about when signing up to the Gamers Club [UNLOCKED] program.

Am heading to the mall today for some last minute gifts & definitely be using the coupons for my purchase.

[quote name='Velo214']so i am still getting 3x @gamer mags but only one welcome pack, oh wellz.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least you got a welcome pack. I've been unlocked since October.

I complained about not getting my welcome pack and was eventually issued a $15 gift certificate.
I still don't know if I'll get the coupons though.

Best Buy is so damn slow with everything. Takes forever to get RZ points, your lucky if you get a magazine in time to use the coupons, these welcome packets take 3+ months. Their deals have been amazing lately but they are really pissing me off to the point I don't want to shop there anymore. Took me 2 weeks for my kinect to be shipped, they have messed up one online order to the point I had to cancel it. Another store pick up wasn't available when I got there. Customer service on the phone is a nightmare. I feel like these good discounts and sales are due to all the money they are saving with no one competent in their other departments.

Signed up over a month ago and got my welcome package today. Don't know if I'll use any unless something catches my eye. I guess we will see though.

[quote name='Althax']So if I signed up in November I shouldn't expect anything till january at the earliest?[/QUOTE]

I would said YES. I didn't receive my november issue until early this month & by the following week my december issue came.

I just got my welcome pack today after signing up at the beginning of November. Unfortunately the coupons are only good through the 31st and I've purchased everything I wanted this year already. I hoped that at this point they would send me something from the next set of welcome packs, if there will be one.

My wife and I just got our welcome packs today...with a mere 12 days left to use the coupons. Way to go, BB.:applause:

I signed up for Unlocked the first day it was available (with my free coupon); the odd thing is, my wife never signed up nor paid for it. This past month we just started receiving a 2nd mag in her name, and her RZ account denotes the status, as well, so at least we got something extra for having to wait so long. I guess I'll use the coupons next week on MW3, AC:R, and something else. Also, I need to go hunting for some good guides, as well.

bread's done
Back