Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Just got mine today with 11 days to use it, awesome. They probably should have adjusted the dates on the most recent batch, if someone has slow mail, they won't be getting theirs until possibly after Christmas. Should have changed the dates to something like November through February.

I still have two of my coupons left from this welcome pack, though I may use the B2G1 used games one for some cheapies($10-18), but I know I'm definitely NOT gonna use the 10% off a digital item one.

Even this month's @Gamer coupons seemed like good ones, but I don't think any of those games had a decent sale price except for Red Faction Armageddon, but that's down to $10 NEW now though the price isn't active in stores I believe.

Just got my coupons today in the mail... I wish I could find a couple of cheap as shit games to use the B2G1 on... I will probably, at this late juncture, not use any of the coupons. Oh well.

I'd love to see if the last game would ignore the price point... I may try it just for shits and giggles and then pretend that I didn't see the 39.99 or under stipulation.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I still have two of my coupons left from this welcome pack, though I may use the B2G1 used games one for some cheapies($10-18), but I know I'm definitely NOT gonna use the 10% off a digital item one.[/QUOTE]

Same here the coupons. I use two of them yesterday, but you think Trine 2 is available?
it would be nice to use it.

Despite registering in September, these coupons just arrived in my mailbox today with the expiration of 12/31/11. Such a waste.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Same here the coupons. I use two of them yesterday, but you think Trine 2 is available?
it would be nice to use it.[/QUOTE]
For PS3? 360? PC? Not sure. You could always check on their website to see if they have it listed.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So I'll just go ahead and ask, anyone know if the B2G1 preowned coupon has the... "glitch" with the third game?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does actually. I got 2 copies of Sonic Generations and one Halo Reach and was given the halo at $39.99 free. I didn't even notice until I got back to my car.

Tempted to use my b2g1 on Dead Island, Saints Row and ??? (probably a gift). At least there's a solid ad for the last week. The only issue is all the games I've bought from BB and the lack of time to play them all, by the time I get to DI/SR3, they'll probably be $20.

[quote name='could have won']Yes it does actually. I got 2 copies of Sonic Generations and one Halo Reach and was given the halo at $39.99 free. I didn't even notice until I got back to my car.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh...used MW3 (if you can find it) for free if purchased w/ two $4.99 used games? :roll:

[quote name='could have won']Yes it does actually. I got 2 copies of Sonic Generations and one Halo Reach and was given the halo at $39.99 free. I didn't even notice until I got back to my car.[/QUOTE]

halo reach is $40 used? damn.

I don't know if the glitches are still in effect or not for sure, but it seemed that if you bought two 4.99 games and the cashier rang them up first, then you handed her a game up to 39.99, it would ring that sucker up as the free title, no matter its price. People reported it doing this for both B2G1 39.99 and less New Games Unlocked Coupon and the B2G1 Pre Owned Games Unlocked Coupon.

Since I just got my coupons in the mail today, maybe I'll go find out tomorrow if I have some free time when I am in town.

I can confirm that with the coupon I received in the mail Monday that the glitch did not work for me. I had the cashier scan my coupon then 39.99x2 then 59.99 and the system would not go through with the purchase. Not sure if the coupons I received were fixed or if they just fixed it in their system.

It isn't a big deal since they had a b2g1 free on 29.99 games a few weeks back and plus most the games are on sale for 39.99 or less.

I think the 'glitched' 3rd game still has to meet the price qualifications (ie $39.99 or under). From my understanding of what others mentioned (I just got my coupons last week, so haven't even had a chance to use them), you could purchase say two $20 or $30 games, then get the 3rd game, a $39.99 one, for free.

I used one of the coupons when Assassin's Creed Revelations was $34.99, and got Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Tekken Hybrid for the buy two get one.

[quote name='Dabears34']I can confirm that with the coupon I received in the mail Monday that the glitch did not work for me. I had the cashier scan my coupon then 39.99x2 then 59.99 and the system would not go through with the purchase. Not sure if the coupons I received were fixed or if they just fixed it in their system.

It isn't a big deal since they had a b2g1 free on 29.99 games a few weeks back and plus most the games are on sale for 39.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

The free game has to be $39.99 or lower for the glitch to work. I did it during Black Friday with NFS:TR(29.99), AC:R(34.99) and I got Halo CEA(39.99) free.

Ahhh ok, thanks for those who explained it. I guess I could have gotten the 2 19.99 deals of the day and gotten a 39.99 game but too late now.

Cyren you got the coupons if you signed up for @gamers unlocked. The magazine at bestbuy which is 14.99 to subscribe then you are supposed to get a coupons as a welcome packet. Its prob too late to get them now though since they expire on the 31st and you would have had to bought a subscription around October to get them by the time they expire.

Anybody know if the coupon codes are unique? I used my B2G1 new games coupon this week and the cashier gave it back to me. Kinda tempted to try to pick up 3 more games next week.

[quote name='Dabears34']I can confirm that with the coupon I received in the mail Monday that the glitch did not work for me. I had the cashier scan my coupon then 39.99x2 then 59.99 and the system would not go through with the purchase. Not sure if the coupons I received were fixed or if they just fixed it in their system.

It isn't a big deal since they had a b2g1 free on 29.99 games a few weeks back and plus most the games are on sale for 39.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember what the used coupon said but the new coupon said $39.99 or less...clarify please.

[quote name='DWulf']Anybody know if the coupon codes are unique? I used my B2G1 new games coupon this week and the cashier gave it back to me. Kinda tempted to try to pick up 3 more games next week.[/QUOTE]

You can definitely use it again.

Signed up for gamers unlocked the weekend right before thanksgiving and received the coupons last Wed.

[quote name='DWulf']Anybody know if the coupon codes are unique? I used my B2G1 new games coupon this week and the cashier gave it back to me. Kinda tempted to try to pick up 3 more games next week.[/QUOTE]

If you PM me the UPC code I can compare it to mine and let you know.

[quote name='loomis1975']But the coupon is only good on games up to 39.99, wouldn't work for a 59.99 game.[/QUOTE]

It begs the question if it works with 39.99 and under for new games, is there any limitation for the pre-owned coupon?

[quote name='nas6034']It begs the question if it works with 39.99 and under for new games, is there any limitation for the pre-owned coupon?[/QUOTE]Likely not, since the wording on that coupon is "Buy 2, get 1 free on pre-owned games", while the coupon for new games says "Buy 2, get 1 free on new games $39.99 or under"; there's no verbiage on the pre-owned games coupon that limits you unlike the new games coupon.

Did the buy 2 get 1 free today, one 14.99 game and 2 39.99 games and one of the 39.99 was the free one (so glitch seems to be intact).

Also got Steel Diver and Nintendogs from online clearance at $5 each (used the free $5 reward certificate I got earlier in the month) came to $5 and change.

Used the 50% off guide coupon on a new 2nd edition hardcover skyrim guide.

Good Haul, Best Buy are killing the game deals this season, not sure they're making much money though.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Im wondering how much those first edition Skyrim guides will be worth after a while[/QUOTE]

Is there a difference on the reprint?

[quote name='atc250es']Is there a difference on the reprint?[/QUOTE]

The second editions say "SECOND EDITION" in large print on the bottom of the cover

[quote name='sinigord']Did the buy 2 get 1 free today, one 14.99 game and 2 39.99 games and one of the 39.99 was the free one (so glitch seems to be intact).

Also got Steel Diver and Nintendogs from online clearance at $5 each (used the free $5 reward certificate I got earlier in the month) came to $5 and change.

Used the 50% off guide coupon on a new 2nd edition hardcover skyrim guide.

Good Haul, Best Buy are killing the game deals this season, not sure they're making much money though.[/QUOTE]

did you get the guide in the same transaction as the b2g1? I would like to know if the 15% off with game purchase stacks with the 50% off guide.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']did you get the guide in the same transaction as the b2g1? I would like to know if the 15% off with game purchase stacks with the 50% off guide.[/QUOTE]
Coupons and offers typically do NOT stack. Besides which, I believe the system requires you to purchase the actual game that the guide is for in order to receive the 15% off.

So unless they purchased Skyrim in the same transaction with the guide for it, then we will not know if they automatically allow them to stack or not.

But it is definitely a good question and one someone should find out the answer to for us BEFORE the coupons expire in a week.:razz:

Thanks guys, picked up the Skyrim Second Edition Guide with the coupon for 50 percent off. That is one nice looking guide, definitely gift worthly.

I couldn't justify finding three games for trying out the b2g1 new or the b2g1 used coupons, maybe on Monday when Warhammer is available for the magazine coupon and some good sales start.

Do we need to purchase Warhammer separate of the other three games if we're going to use both the $20 magazine coupon (for Warhammer) and the B2G1 mail coupon? Not sure if the system would try to void the other out. Probably going with MW3/SR3/DI for my b2g1.

[quote name='Foladar']Do we need to purchase Warhammer separate of the other three games if we're going to use both the $20 magazine coupon (for Warhammer) and the B2G1 mail coupon? Not sure if the system would try to void the other out. Probably going with MW3/SR3/DI for my b2g1.[/QUOTE]
It would probably be best to do that, just in case anything might be voided.

[quote name='summer']Despite registering in September, these coupons just arrived in my mailbox today with the expiration of 12/31/11. Such a waste.[/QUOTE]
I never got them at all and I signed up back in June too. Would've loved to have the b2g1 coupon for this upcoming week's sales.

[quote name='Vigilante']It would probably be best to do that, just in case anything might be voided.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You could potentially get Space Marine and 2 other 39.99 games and get one of them free. Then use the 20 off to get Space Marine for 10, then a 39.99 game, then ur free 39.99 game. But ive never tried to use 2 coupons and think that will raise flags. Id rather get Space Marine for 10, then 3 games for 39.99 i guess.

Although from the sounds of this glitch, I may grab a cheaper game, Skyrim, then All 4 One get free.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Coupons and offers typically do NOT stack. Besides which, I believe the system requires you to purchase the actual game that the guide is for in order to receive the 15% off.

So unless they purchased Skyrim in the same transaction with the guide for it, then we will not know if they automatically allow them to stack or not.

But it is definitely a good question and one someone should find out the answer to for us BEFORE the coupons expire in a week.:razz:[/QUOTE]

not sure about in-store but for online orders 15% is taken off a guide if a new game is purchased (the game has to have 15% off game guide or something like that on it's page though).

[quote name='Foladar']Do we need to purchase Warhammer separate of the other three games if we're going to use both the $20 magazine coupon (for Warhammer) and the B2G1 mail coupon? Not sure if the system would try to void the other out. Probably going with MW3/SR3/DI for my b2g1.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I was planning on using my $100 cert on Warhammer w/coupon, LA Noire w/coupon (friend has all the dlc), Skrim guide w/coupon (before/after "returning"), and ACR/ACR/MW3 w/b2g1 coupon (hoping to get mw3 as the free game too).

[quote name='sirdudeoi']I never got them at all and I signed up back in June too. Would've loved to have the b2g1 coupon for this upcoming week's sales.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you paid for, but the unlocked membership didn't start till September 11th.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I don't know what you paid for, but the unlocked membership didn't start till September 11th.[/QUOTE]
Paid for the one year sub in June and got the free upgrade to unlocked with that coupon.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I don't know what you paid for, but the unlocked membership didn't start till September 11th.[/QUOTE]

Never forget.

bread's done
Back