Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

[quote name='lito88']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I think your best bet in this scenario would be to try the demos on each platform and see what you like better. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any one of them.

Two questions:

Are there any B&M deals on this?

Also if Amazon tries to get cute and lowers the price on Wednesday or Thursday have they historically honored the preorders and retroactively issued credit or do they just not care and screw early orders

Well this sucks. For some reason, my card got rejected. I reentered my information and it won't go through, which is weird because I just bought Sonic Generations from them when it was on sale and it is the same card. There is more than enough money in the account too, so I don't know what's up.
I'm frustrated though because I would like to take care of it now, but I have to wait another hour for my bank to open.

[quote name='GBAstar']Two questions:

Are there any B&M deals on this?

Also if Amazon tries to get cute and lowers the price on Wednesday or Thursday have they historically honored the preorders and retroactively issued credit or do they just not care and screw early orders[/QUOTE]

No B&M deals that I know off.

Amazon will not automatically give you credit if they lower the price, even on Tuesday, you would have to contact costumer service.

Amazon, if they do lower the price after release day, is always YMMV. Their policy states that once it ships they don't honor lower prices, but they usually have if you contact costumer service and complain that the price went down the day of release or something. But if they game arrived already from Amazon, they usually will not match. This is YMMV since they shouldn't match it after it ships, but CS is usually buyer friendly, so if you do go the Amazon route, it's at a risk you won't get it matched (although likely CS will help you) and will pay the full MSRP they currently had.

[quote name='nightmare452']No B&M deals that I know off.

Amazon will not automatically give you credit if they lower the price, even on Tuesday, you would have to contact costumer service.

Amazon, if they do lower the price after release day, is always YMMV. Their policy states that once it ships they don't honor lower prices, but they usually have if you contact costumer service and complain that the price went down the day of release or something. But if they game arrived already from Amazon, they usually will not match. This is YMMV since they shouldn't match it after it ships, but CS is usually buyer friendly, so if you do go the Amazon route, it's at a risk you won't get it matched (although likely CS will help you) and will pay the full MSRP they currently had.[/QUOTE]

If they lower the price, anyone can recoup some of the costs by re-ordering at the lower price, then returning it under the original order once it arrives. They'll be out the return shipping price, though.

Amazon is ridiculous with their lack of a price match policy. It costs them time and money to force customers to "price match" via re-ordering / returning. I have had a customer service rep just give me a credit when I was about to return the Skyrim CE for a price match when the price dropped $25 a couple of days after I ordered it. But, that was the only time they haven't forced me to do a re-order/return. Any retailer should offer price protection within the allowable return window.

Getting nitpicky but Amazon is supposed to refund any difference if there is a drop between the time you place an order and the release date, and if it enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date you're supposed to get a refund for the difference.

Basically if your game ships today and they lower the price through tomorrow at all, you're supposed to be refunded.

If they add a credit on the 7th I guess I'd contact CS and hope for the best.

Anyway I'm probably just going to buy a copy from Walmart around midnight and then return a Gamestop copy if possible. Sucks that GS didnt get enough preorders to do a midnight release.

My copy from NewEgg.com has already been shipped--looks like I'll have it by the middle of the week. Well worth the $15 in savings over Amazon.

To anybody who pre-ordered this game a few weeks ago back when it was $47.99 via a discount code... we may have just got the best deal yet. It looks like Newegg honored their pre-order price guarantee and gave us the game for $44.99... and then they applied our $12 discount code on the adjusted price bringing the total down to $32.99. At least that's what the email and their site is telling me I'm paying for the game. Anybody else who has a pre-order from a few weeks ago seeing similar?

Got my tracking number. It's coming out of NJ, which is usually 1 day for me, so there's a chance I get it tomorrow.

After speaking with Newegg and my bank, there is no problem with my account or card. Yet it still won't let me place the order and it declines my card when I try online.
I used my paypal address before along with my debit card billing address, so I placed another order without using any paypal info and we'll see what happens this time.

I'm going to be pretty upset if my SF X Tekken pre-order doesn't go through next month....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Getting nitpicky but Amazon is supposed to refund any difference if there is a drop between the time you place an order and the release date, and if it enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date you're supposed to get a refund for the difference.

Basically if your game ships today and they lower the price through tomorrow at all, you're supposed to be refunded.

If they add a credit on the 7th I guess I'd contact CS and hope for the best.

Anyway I'm probably just going to buy a copy from Walmart around midnight and then return a Gamestop copy if possible. Sucks that GS didnt get enough preorders to do a midnight release.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little upset GS isnt doing a midnight release also. I decided to just go with them since I had some store credit and their pre-order bonus seems to be the best of the bunch.

Almost bought this last night but held off since I am getting a Vita. In a moment of weakness I was gonna buy it today, but since the deal is gone, saved me from making the mistake. Game looks awesome, but I won't have time to play it for a while so I'm just gonna wait for it to drop.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm a little upset GS isnt doing a midnight release also. I decided to just go with them since I had some store credit and their pre-order bonus seems to be the best of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

There are three GS stores that I know of in the country doing midnight releases. One in MA, one in MD, and one in AZ. Each store is going to have different big-wigs. MA is getting Curt Schilling and RA Salvatore, AZ is getting Todd McFarlane, and MD is getting people from BigHugeGames.

I know this only helps a small # of people, but a friend of mine lives near the store in MA and is going to it tonight and picking us both up a copy and going to get it signed by Curt and RA. I sent him a copy of Vector Prime that RA wrote hopping to get that signed as well.

From what my friend told me yesterday, the store expects at least 100 people who pre-ordered the game to show up. But corporate sent them 1000 copies of the game and this has been plugged in the media for almost a week now. So they expect at least 1,000 people in total to show up. People from other states have even called wanting to pre-order the game and show up tonight.

[quote name='crawlingpeter']It looks like this deal is dead on Newegg... back to full price. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's dead. That's OK because I was wavering on the pre-order. I want to play it, but I am just now getting around to playing Dragon Age 2 (out for a year now) and still haven't take on Fallout: New Vegas which is sitting on my shelf. I think before getting another big RPG I need to clear my queue a little. I expect to see LOTS of deals on Reckoning within months if not weeks. I think we'll see this for $40 before long. Not to mention the inevitable patches that will follow. For these massive games, I think you are better waiting a few months before playing them. Skyrim is on what, its 5th patch?

The demo of Reckoning was BUGGY as heck. While I hear the release is much more solid, I am sure there will be some critical bugs found and fixed.

Not to mention Mass Effect 3 is coming in exactly a month, and I loved ME2 (and enjoyed ME1 starting at about the 7 hours mark). Too much on my shelf and coming out to start a 100+ hour game (which is why I haven't gotten Skyrim, yet).

[quote name='ScubaKev']I think we'll see this for $40 before long.[/QUOTE]

That's actually what pushed me towards the NewEgg deal as I figured waiting a month or so would get me about the same price anyways.

Got 3 emails from new egg within an hour. 2 telling me my card had been charged and was ready for completion then another telling me they could not fulfill the order. Way to go new egg. Guess I won't be preordering from them anymore.

I got 3 emails also. One credit card charge, one order confirmation and the last one was a shipping confirmation so maybe I got lucky. Ships out of California for me.

I relieved 4 emails:
Order Confirmation
Payment Charged
UPS Tracking
Invoice

sociopharm02, that sucks big time. I'm sorry. (I was worried about the same after hearing as much about NewEgg pre-orders) You should contact their support and at least try to lock-in that same price assuming that you still feel up to giving them money at this point.

Anyone else noticing issues with their Newegg order?

I placed two seperate orders, the first one was for two PS3 copies and the Second order was for two Xbox 360 copies.

It appears that they've shipped but on my order summary on newegg it appears they are only shipping one of each.

Did anyone else have this happening?

Are they automatically taking orders with multiple quantity and replacing them with an order of just one copy?

Mine was also canceled.

4 emails.

1 confirmation
2 card was charged
3 items still in my cart - which was reckoning (wierd)
4 order has been canceled

sucks too because i have a $40 newegg card i need to use.

[quote name='Tokyojon']Mine was also canceled.

4 emails.

1 confirmation
2 card was charged
3 items still in my cart - which was reckoning (wierd)
4 order has been canceled

sucks too because i have a $40 newegg card i need to use.[/QUOTE]

Did you get an e-mail stating your order was cancelled?

It appers they just decided to alter my order becaues they felt like it, without contacting me, and adjusted the quantities to their liking, again without contacting me and then shipped out my order.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats pretty fucked up they're cancelling orders.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little upset because they never contacted me. I'm getting a two PS3 copies for my brother and I and the 360 copies are for people I work with that I'm trying to save money for them because they were going to get it from Gamestop.

Now I never got a notice stating anything had changed in my order but they definitely sent me an e-mail showing that they only shipped one of each.

I don't understand why they would keep this offer up all week if they were going to cancel/alter orders.

I'm talking to support right now, and they just keep telling me that they can't give me the game for the same price now, it doesn't say out of stock or anything yet.

[quote name='Tokyojon']I'm talking to support right now, and they just keep telling me that they can't give me the game for the same price now, it doesn't say out of stock or anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Do you know why your order was cancelled?

I have to run a few errands but when I get back I'm going to talk to them and try to figure this out.

The only proof I have of the original orders and quantities that I purchased was from the confirmation e-mail they sent me. In every e-mail after that as well as in my order status they actually change the order # and the number of copies I ordered and the amount that I was being charged etc.

They offered me a $10 credit, which i guess is better than nothing. I"ll just hold off on this game then and use it for another $15 off pre order title.

I guess I got lucky. When did those that got cancellation emails originally place your order? I didn't place mine until yesterday and just got shipping confirmation about an hour ago.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I guess I got lucky. When did those that got cancellation emails originally place your order? I didn't place mine until yesterday and just got shipping confirmation about an hour ago.[/QUOTE]

I never got a cancellation e-mail they just downsized my orders from two copies to one.

Newegg is usually really good with limited quantities if they don't want people buying large amounts. I played around with it a few days and I know it let me add at least ten.

I don't see the big deal with buying 4 (two each for PS3 and 360) but it does upset me they would change it to just one for each platform and never tell me.

Mine was a PS3 copy. (shipping from CA, pre-order confirmation was on Feb. 2nd)

Yeah I don't think I'll be pre-ordering from them again despite actually getting lucky this time. On the rare occasion that I do pre-order a game I want it ASAP so this luck of the draw bullshit won't fly.

Sorry to everyone who is having their orders canceled. Be sure to stick to your guns and get some type of credit.

Also don't let NewEgg's bumbling sour you on Reckoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 360 copy shipped out this morning, and the funny thing is, according to the invoice I got from Newegg, I got it for $32.99. I pre-ordered it a month or so ago when they did the original $12 off code, it appears though that they took the $12 off of the $44.99 instead of the $59.99.

Love me some Newegg.

As opposed to canceling the preorder they should give you the option to wait until they have the game ready to ship. If it was going to be a few days before they had more in stock why not give the customer the option. This is poor customer service.

[quote name='Vacabck']My 360 copy shipped out this morning, and the funny thing is, according to the invoice I got from Newegg, I got it for $32.99. I pre-ordered it a month or so ago when they did the original $12 off code, it appears though that they took the $12 off of the $44.99 instead of the $59.99.

Love me some Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, same here! That is just awesome, very glad I went with Newegg :bouncy:

Oh my God. Is there any reason to work with Newegg at this point? Watch, in two weeks everyone will have been given a refund, some a $10 credit for their trouble.....and the game will show up on their porch.

What a debacle. Never. NEVER. will I order from crap-egg.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Oh my God. Is there any reason to work with Newegg at this point? Watch, in two weeks everyone will have been given a refund, some a $10 credit for their trouble.....and the game will show up on their porch.

What a debacle. Never. NEVER. will I order from crap-egg.[/QUOTE]

This sounds great lol why would this be bad

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Oh my God. Is there any reason to work with Newegg at this point? Watch, in two weeks everyone will have been given a refund, some a $10 credit for their trouble.....and the game will show up on their porch.

Just because you had a bad experience once with Newegg does not mean they are bad, I have used Newegg for years now and they are by far the best website to purchase from. Their customer support is super helpful and they are the most willing to work with you to get things right. Newegg has never failed me and the items I have ordered have always shipped on time and been delivered on time.

Just because they had a website error that caused problems once does not mean they are a bad website, plus look the people that got screwed over got a little compensation for what happened most websites would just tell you to shove off.

In terms of game pre-orders this isn't the first time that NewEgg has canceled orders though.

And I absolutely agree that they do some awesome stuff and I use and will use them for all kinds of tech purchases but when it comes to pre-ordering games they seem to be pretty hit and miss as to whether they'll actually ship your order or just cancel it.

You know, I could say the same for Amazon. In 2010 I had a string of times where I would get no game, have to wait like two weeks to call Amazon to even get a replacement.

Never had a problem with Newegg before.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You know, I could say the same for Amazon. In 2010 I had a string of times where I would get no game, have to wait like two weeks to call Amazon to even get a replacement.

Never had a problem with Newegg before.[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong then.

How is possible to preorder a game from Amazon and wait two weeks to not get a game?

I mean holy crap they ship it out before release date; wouldn't a lightbulb be turning on in your head if it was release day and you hadn't gotten a shipping confirmation?

I absolutely disagree with your amazon assessment; I've preoreder over 100 games from there in the last few years and have NEVER had a problem besides a few not arriving until they day after release. I mean they've even honored preorders where the was a listing error and I got it for significantly cheaper.

I like Newegg and I haven't had many problems with them but they've goofed on a few things this last year

How do you cancel a preorder? I understand if it was a limited
Edition run of a game. It is not a big deal I always anticipate some sort of incompetence from any website other than amazon. If they only have a limited amount of a game at a certain price then their system should reflect this and not allow people to order past the number they have. Luckily I got an order in with amazon so I will get the game tomorrow as well as some preorder goodies that while I could care less about I will take. I was going to order The Show from new egg as well but not now:)

Not to get too conspiracy theory-y but when you have retailers for which you've made deals to have pre-order bonuses then those retailers are probably going to be prioritized over everyone else in terms of meeting allotments.

The bonus content is all there and digital so it's just about spitting out the required number of keys but you'd still have to secure your physical copies for pre-orders.

bread's done
Back