Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Thread

Ive been thinking about picking up the $200 version, as well, just to sell for profit. The prices on ebay are already getting pretty high. >$1K for the $275 version is crazy, but it does come with cool stuff.

FYI the hardcover guide by Future Press has been delayed by 2 weeks to get it to 600 pages. GS and Amazon have it for the same price, unless you're going to wait 2 weeks to get game/guide together like I am to get the 20% off on the guide for buying it with the game.

Just decided to pick this up. Haven't been on the 360 much since I finished up Skyrim (for now). Hopefully this turns out to be a decent game, I'm also a little concerned about no review for the 360 version and only the PS3 version.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218070p1.html

FYI, from the IGN review of the 360 version:

In testing the game on Xbox 360, I played with the game installed on the hard drive. This is the recommended way to play if you're going to play on Xbox 360, as it cuts down load times in particular. Texture pop-in seems slightly worse on 360 in comparison to the PS3 version, even with the game installed, though it wasn't at all disruptive in terms of my enjoyment of the game.

This games definitely on my radar...i'll get it though when theres a price drop. I just bought SoulCalibur V last week, and im getting the UFC game next week...need to try to be a cag.

I'll be honest, after awhile I got really tired of Skrim after level 35 (didn't even finish it) and I really need an epic to play. I might rent this first and if I'm drawn to it, I'll definitely buy it.

[quote name='matrix9280']Those aren't from America so I wouldn't put too much stock in their opinion.[/QUOTE]

Pleeease tell me you're joking.

Do you happen to know if you can play/use the content unlocked on multiple consoles, as long as I use the same gamertag/EA account? I have 2 xBoxes and I downloaded and played the demo on one but would rather play the game for real on the other console. Do I need to complete the demo on both consoles? Also, with the online pass, if I unlock it on one console, are those extras thereby available on any console as long as the account is the same? aagh. EA accounts have given me problems before back with DA2. It was a big hassle to unravel.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']It's safe to delete the demo provided you already have an EA account that's linked to the gamer tag you used to download and play it. The unlocks are present and accounted for in registered game content page of your BSN profile. The demo should have tried to rope you into signing up for one when it started anyway.[/QUOTE]

For those of you that have the game, how is it? I've heard that the combat is good, but that it has a lot of issues too, such as a bunch of technical glitches, lack of enemy variety, loading time problems, and how the game isn't that "free" and open-world" as it should be. And how is it compared to Skyrim?

F'n love this. Rented it to check it out. Returning tomorrow and going to buy. Fun.

Edit. Just for comparison. I had more fun with Fable 2 than I did with any of the Elder Scrolls game. Reminds me more of Fable than Elder Scrolls.

[quote name='schuerm26']Edit. Just for comparison. I had more fun with Fable 2 than I did with any of the Elder Scrolls game. Reminds me more of Fable than Elder Scrolls.[/QUOTE]

And, that's what I needed to hear! I love the Fable games, especially 2. I can't wait until my copy arrives.

[quote name='schuerm26']F'n love this. Rented it to check it out. Returning tomorrow and going to buy. Fun.

Edit. Just for comparison. I had more fun with Fable 2 than I did with any of the Elder Scrolls game. Reminds me more of Fable than Elder Scrolls.[/QUOTE]

Does it have all the good parts of Fable 2 (quests killing monsters) and none of the bad parts (jobs, relationships, multiplayer)? If so I'm sold.

there is no relationships or jobs. its like a single player mmo almost. some side quests arent that good but so far u can just explore and do whatever quests u want to do. its good and sucks u in.

Put a few hours into the game and I am enjoying it. I mean for what it does, it does it well. It doesn't innovate (except for maybe combat since it's probably the most action like combat in a RPG I have seen), but on the other hand it's just a good game.

Right now doing the finesse tree because I like being a Stealth person in games, but I might get into some sorcery later on. I like how in this game it gives you to do whatever you want skill wise and not punish you, or make the game harder because you chose a bad build. Each skill on each tree is crafted to how the player plays the game, and I mean as long as you know exactly how you want to play the game, it's so easy to pick skills.

So is there a big difference between the demo and actual game? I enjoyed the demo but I heard some were turned off by all the glitches.

I played the demo, it was very glitchy, but still fun. I purchased game yesterday because I love loot oriented game. I played for 5 hours yesterday and ran into zero glitches (as when playing demo I ran into a glitch every 20 mins) one advice to give is play on Hard difficulty or the game will be a cake walk for seasoned veterans on the genre. Easily 9/10 for me.

I've only found a handful of glitches in the full game 10 hours in. The big comparing point was there was some spell in the demo where when you hit the enemy, instead of the spell effect, a giant yellow triangle that took up 75% of the screen popped from the enemy's chest. The only glitches ive come across thus far had to do with the camera not following you, so either you'd be on the far left of the screen, or worse, you'd see only your legs, and the entire empty world underneath the ground. Its only happened about 3 times and lasted no longer than 5 seconds, so pretty unsubstantial IMO.

Waiting to see if Redbox gets it in.

If it wasn't for Mass Effect 3 being right around the corner (who thought that was a good idea?) would have bought it already.

[quote name='KrizB']Waiting to see if Redbox gets it in.

If it wasn't for Mass Effect 3 being right around the corner (who thought that was a good idea?) would have bought it already.[/QUOTE]

Redbox isn't carrying Amalur (or ME3 for 360, ugh).

Just picked it up today with the BBY bonus pack. Installing it to my HDD right now, as soon as I'm a few hours in I'll post my impressions. I'm reallly excited though considering all the great reviews I've heard (online and from customers).

anyone know when the dlc is supposed to hit? and for Curt Schilling's first foray into gaming, I think this is a great step into building something more in the future. This game is more about your character then it is the story

love this game. i'm playing on hard and it gets a lot tougher after the pit :)
whats really cool is the violence. usally action/rpgs dont have this scale of violence unless its a hell game. pretty much the game i can say is mostly a mix of skyrim with how the world is set up, wow the the cartoonyness ,dark siders/zelda with the fighting and mass effect wtih the story, all doing really well together. :)

Just picked up a used copy at Gamestop using a 20 dollar off Power up rewards coupon. Was getting ready to buy the online passcode and noticed that Gamestop had included a code on the receipt. I guess Gamestop is giving the online code with used copies.

So annoyed. Finally got my Special Edition in the mail today, unwrapped it and the cardboard box has a rip in one spot, making the whole thing kind of flimsy. Not a big deal, I suppose, but I paid $90 for a collectible that's damaged in the shrinkwrap. Not even damage due to shipping. I emailed CS, so we'll see what happens. I'm excited to get into the game, though. :)

Absolutely love it. First game in awhile in which I've really sunk my teeth into. I've had it about a day and have played a solid 6.5 hours. The camera can be a little annoying at some points in my opinion because it's not fixed. However it hasn't been a big burden throughout my playtime. The quests are all pretty MMOish; find X, kill X wolfs, etc, but it hasn't bothered me.

Combat is great, very fluid despite only using one button. I'm currently practicing my blacksmithing to see if I can build any badass armor later. What I've been telling customers is that it's Fable mixed with World of Warcraft.

Does anyone notice that after a few hours of gameplay, the sensitivity/reaction time on the buttons as far as picking up loot & making dialogue choices slows down?

I've been noticing to where when I start the game, I have no problems, but later on I have to mash down the button really hard or hit it multiple times to pick up the reagents or make dialogue choices. My attack buttons always stay smooth & responsive.

I've been switching between Darkness 2 & FF13-2 and have had no problems with the button on those games so I dont think its an issue with my controller.

[quote name='Bezerker']Does anyone notice that after a few hours of gameplay, the sensitivity/reaction time on the buttons as far as picking up loot & making dialogue choices slows down?

I've been noticing to where when I start the game, I have no problems, but later on I have to mash down the button really hard or hit it multiple times to pick up the reagents or make dialogue choices. My attack buttons always stay smooth & responsive.

I've been switching between Darkness 2 & FF13-2 and have had no problems with the button on those games so I dont think its an issue with my controller.[/QUOTE]

Kinda. I've had the dialogue issue, but never a problem picking up reagents or anything. I'm assuming it's because I usually blow through the dialogue and it takes a few seconds to catch up before letting me choose another option. Do you have the game installed? It takes up 7GB and apparently helps a lot with loading times / reaction times.

I'm still trying to decide on this. I thought the demo was pretty cool, but being that I could never get into the elder scrolls series, Fable series, Assassins creed series, or dark souls....I have a feeling this will be another "regret" purchase. Maybe once it gets in the $20-$30 range I might consider it.

Helga Swanwhite is a gem. If there's DLC that features her in it I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Everything this chick says is gold.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Helga Swanwhite is a gem. If there's DLC that features her in it I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Everything this chick says is gold.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I've ran across her yet. Right now I'm doing the Fae faction quests and am having a really good time listening to all their ballads (aka lore). Usually I don't give a crap about that stuff but this game grabbed my attention pretty quickly.

I played through the ME3 demo completely and then loaded up Amalur. I got a special delivery "quest" pretty much immediately, headed to Gorheart and checked out the chest. It contained the Omniblades, but NOT the N7 armor. I've spent forever looking online to see what the reason for this might be, and I can't figure it out. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to get the N7 armor?

I did read somewhere that the armor unlocks after you start the ME3 demo and the blades unlock when you finish the demo. If that's true, I don't know how I'd get the blades and not the armor? I've tried loading and reloading, reloading the ME3 demo and playing it a second time - and nothing. It's driving me crazy! Why do they have to make crap like this so f-ing difficult?

The Omniblades aren't even that great. I'm only level 8 and they're not any better than anything else I have in my inventory right now. Stats: 6 physical damage, 6 piercing damage, 6 fire damage, & 3 burning damage over 6 seconds. Has anyone gotten the N7 armor? Is it worth it, other than looking cool?

I really wish unlockable items like this would level up along with the character so it made more sense to use the items throughout the whole game.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm not sure if I've ran across her yet. Right now I'm doing the Fae faction quests and am having a really good time listening to all their ballads (aka lore). Usually I don't give a crap about that stuff but this game grabbed my attention pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

You meet her during the House of Valor quest line that opens up when you use the code enclosed in retail copies of KoA. She's hilarious.

[quote name='imacjenn']I played through the ME3 demo completely and then loaded up Amalur. I got a special delivery "quest" pretty much immediately, headed to Gorheart and checked out the chest. It contained the Omniblades, but NOT the N7 armor. I've spent forever looking online to see what the reason for this might be, and I can't figure it out. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to get the N7 armor?

I did read somewhere that the armor unlocks after you start the ME3 demo and the blades unlock when you finish the demo. If that's true, I don't know how I'd get the blades and not the armor? I've tried loading and reloading, reloading the ME3 demo and playing it a second time - and nothing. It's driving me crazy! Why do they have to make crap like this so f-ing difficult?

The Omniblades aren't even that great. I'm only level 8 and they're not any better than anything else I have in my inventory right now. Stats: 6 physical damage, 6 piercing damage, 6 fire damage, & 3 burning damage over 6 seconds. Has anyone gotten the N7 armor? Is it worth it, other than looking cool?

I really wish unlockable items like this would level up along with the character so it made more sense to use the items throughout the whole game.[/QUOTE]

The Omniblades are indeed terrible. The very first thing I received from the demo was the armor, but in order to get it I had to clear out my Special Delivery chest of the normal bonus items for buying new first. It didn't show up until a couple of hours later via quest notification, but by then I had already saved, played something else and came back. If it's in your registered game content list then you may have to save, dashboard/reset then load up again. If that or clearing your cache doesn't work then worst case scenario is playing both demos again or digging for new info. Regardless make sure the game is at least signing you into your EA account when you start it.

As for the armor I can't speak for the aesthetics since I'm a Rogue/Mage hybrid, but the stats and set bonuses are decent enough.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']You meet her during the House of Valor quest line that opens up when you use the code enclosed in retail copies of KoA. She's hilarious.

The Omniblades are indeed terrible. The very first thing I received from the demo was the armor, but in order to get it I had to clear out my Special Delivery chest of the normal bonus items for buying new first. It didn't show up until a couple of hours later via quest notification, but by then I had already saved, played something else and came back. If it's in your registered game content list then you may have to save, dashboard/reset then load up again. If that or clearing your cache doesn't work then worst case scenario is playing both demos again or digging for new info. Regardless make sure the game is at least signing you into your EA account when you start it.

As for the armor I can't speak for the aesthetics since I'm a Rogue/Mage hybrid, but the stats and set bonuses are decent enough.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Maybe time will do the trick! I had to go to work, so I'll check again when I get home later. If it still doesn't work, I'll try clearing the cache like you suggested. I love ME, but I'd really rather not play the demo a third time. :p

And I'm pretty sure it's signing into my EA account, but it doesn't show my email address anywhere in the corner, like it does for DA2. I looked around and I didn't see anywhere in the menus to manually sign into an EA account. And if the omniblades came through, then I think that connection must have been established, otherwise I would have gotten nothing?

Point taken about the connection. You shouldn't have received the Omniblades without a EA account linked to that Xbox. That's the way EA has been doing it for quite a while now. Even if it were done by save instead without physical tampering or corruption the game would have recognized it and gave you your just due anyway. There's no reason outside of glitching why the armor isn't in your delivery chest. Hopefully my suggestions work out.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Point taken about the connection. You shouldn't have received the Omniblades without a EA account linked to that Xbox. That's the way EA has been doing it for quite a while now. Even if it were done by save instead without physical tampering or corruption the game would have recognized it and gave you your just due anyway. There's no reason outside of glitching why the armor isn't in your delivery chest. Hopefully my suggestions work out.[/QUOTE]

Well, none of those things worked... but then I noticed that on my Online Pass, it says IT will give you the N7 armor. I haven't redeemed the code yet, because I have 2 xBoxes and I'm not sure which one i wanted to download the expansion onto. So I guess the N7 armor is just a part of that and has nothing to do with the actual ME3 demo? Although I saw it many places online saying that you'd get it for playing the demo. So, my bad? argh

Sorry none of those worked, but had either of us actually bothered to read the paper slip for the online pass code we would have known that entering it is what unlocks the armor in the first place, haha. Ah well... no harm done. At least all you have to worry about now is which Xbox to use it on.

So I finished up the demo yesterday, and I found myself getting into it more than I thought I would. The question now is...Should I get it lol. Today is my Birthday and my wife has asked me several times what game do I want. KOA is all that comes to mind right now.....

[quote name='krashhole']So I finished up the demo yesterday, and I found myself getting into it more than I thought I would. The question now is...Should I get it lol. Today is my Birthday and my wife has asked me several times what game do I want. KOA is all that comes to mind right now.....[/QUOTE]

Get it while the gettin's good!! :)

I got my copy today! Cannot wait to get started on this game. I have a question about the DLC. Fate Touched Weapons and Destinies. I assume some of you guys have that DLC, so is it worth buying? Or can you unlock most of the DLC as upi play through the game?

Just got this... was going to get it yesterday but I wanted a pre owned copy since I had a coupon but no stores near me had anything...checked again this morning and nothing..then later this afternoon and they had just got one in. traded in a game and used the coupon and only had to pay $15 so im pretty happy...plus the code to access the 7 quests surprisingly haden't been used yet.

Woo, just hit a glitch that makes fast travel no longer work. Beware of the "Her Righteous Fury" quest. Quest started spawning infinite enemies, which I took advantage of for EXP purposes, once they were all dead, the quest part hadnt completed and the NPC for the quest was stuck in fighting mode still. Anytime I try and fast travel it says i'm not able to travel from that location no matter if i'm in a city or out on the big map.

The game is still playable, but it really does suck not having fast travel. Hopefully it gets patched up or I can somehow glitch the quest into completing itself.

bread's done
Back