Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Thread

Just finished my second playthrough on Hard. Now I just need to track down all of the Lorestones and I'll have 1300/1300 in this!

So how long is the used price on this going to stay at $38 at GameStop? What does it go for at other places?

Also had anyone seen any of the CE in the wild? Man those would be worth so much now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So how long is the used price on this going to stay at $38 at GameStop? What does it go for at other places?

Also had anyone seen any of the CE in the wild? Man those would be worth so much now.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that existed - looks like a pretty cool CE. Unfortunately it also looks like it tends to sell for around $300 so I'll never see one.

I was on EBay today looking and it seems the $80 or whatever version w/o the statue sells for about $130-$150 sealed currently. FYI the DLC in those CE were also the GS preorder bonus.

For only the 2nd time both DLC packs for this game are on sale. Anyone who liked Amalur or is thinking about buying it should purchase these packs.

[quote name='MSUHitman']For only the 2nd time both DLC packs for this game are on sale. Anyone who liked Amalur or is thinking about buying it should purchase these packs.[/QUOTE]

Good lookin' out Hitman. I cursed myself for forgetting to buy them during the last sale. Looks like those GoME characters are going to have to wait.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Quite possibly my favorite game from this generation. Platinumed it and still couldn't stop playing.[/QUOTE]
So, what's the current status of Big Huge Games/Epic Baltimore? Can we assume that they're working on another open-world action RPG a la Reckoning, just without the Amalur IP? I would be fine with a spiritual successor instead of a true sequel since the lore was the least distinctive part of the game anyway.

It may be last call on buying Amalur DLC or the game digitally. The remnants of 38 Studios are starting the process of selling the rights of the game and they are in court against the state of Rhode Island.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the stuff is pulled off XBL/PSN/Steam/Origin soon.

In response to the question about Big Huge Games Epic shut them down a couple of months back.

Yeah I figured something like this would happen, another point why I picked up the DLC when it was on sale and yet haven't gotten to it still.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I want to get this game[/QUOTE]

Well cheapest way is going to be from AZ for $20 new as it's $40 used at GS.

I'd check Target as well. Got my copy there last week for $20. Comes up as Discontinued in the system also.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Did the DLC ever go on sale through the PSN? I hope it'll go on sale before they remove it.[/QUOTE]

It went on sale twice on XBox but never on PSN that I know of.

I ended up never playing this game but then u bought it for $10 this January. Now I sit down to olay it and the mass effect armor wasn't in the loot chest where its supposed to be. I got the omni blades, but no armor.

Anyone else run into this issue? And my apologies for digging up an old thread.

Did you download the online pass? I think that's where you get the Shepard armor. The omniblades are from playing the ME3 demo.

IIRC EA started giving away their online passes for free so even if you don't have a code you should be able to just unlock it on the Marketplace.

I think the armor was in the loot chest for me but not 100% sure.

Personally I had a tough time getting into this game, story was uninteresting and the combat was so hit and miss (either enemies died in one hit or you died in one hit) so I never did finish it.

Yes, the online pass is free. But the problem is two fold. First, I downloaded it digitally. So the online pass is included with the download. That by itself isn't a problem (other than no armor), but if you have the stand alone house of valor/online pass DLC, it creates a game breaking glitch and the game won't even load.

I have no idea what to do. I'll probably move along and play the game, but it just sucks. Sad medieval panda.

It's been a while, hmm I don't remember any special armor for KoA:R, do remember the blades, but the Reckoning armor was in my Mass Effect 3 game.

FYI this on sale on 360 this week for Gold members for $6.75. Excellent price (cheapest is $20 new at Walmart) for a great game if you need something to tide you over until Dragon Age 3.

Edit: Both DLC's are also 1/2 off this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back