Kirby's Epic Yarn™

I checked earlier tonight.

I have been playing for 12 hours almost on the dot, and have 52% completed. Yes, I do take my sweet ole time to beat games and am very meticulous. Still, this will likely end up at 25 or so hours for me when I beat it. That's pretty damn good.

I agree with all the posts above. Its a very cute game.
I showed it to on of my friends (pictures) she didnt like it. Said it looked like a stupid game.
Then I showed her the actual game... she likes it now. lol

VGM out...

Just posting about one of my annoyances with the game: those damn train levels. I really seem to get frustrated with them when it seems like I have everything lined up and the train falls on the floor again. Those levels take forever for me to finish.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game. And my 4 year old enjoys watching me play it. Unfortunately, even with a game as easy-going as this still has him calling for my help through some of the levels. (Tho, he did beat the first boss all by himself. I'm proud of him.)

Yeah, the train levels are a huge PITA to me as well. I ended up just accepting a Silver on one of them because I happen to not have the patience to spend the time being meticulous to get every single bead to get a Gold.

Yep, the train levels bring down the quality of the game quite a bit, and are annoying at best. I was less annoyed with those levels when I just created random tracks, instead of creating what I thought were perfect tracks. Instead, I would create them sideways, upside down, and in any other way possible to at least get a medal.

Good I get a little help with this game please:

I rented it for my 5 and 7 yrs old kids. They beat all the levels. I haven't watched them play the game at all and now
there are a bunch of little doors that still have ???s on them and can't be opened. How do they get these open? Also, they beat all the levels through all the way through Dreamland. What else is there to do in the game besides replay the levels?

Thanks for the help but I literally didn't watch more than 1 level of the game so Im not quite sure what I have missed that would tell me these things. Thanks.

Great. Thanks. Did it for them on level one and the Mole level opened. Ill help them on the boss stuff to get the rest. Thanks for the help.

Wow. Entertainment Weekly Fail.
x2_3cd1409

Anyone that reads EW for video game advice is stupid. Or hopeless. Whichever offends them less (or more, their choice).

I'd say Kirby is my Wii GOTY. For DS, it's either Mario vs Donkey Kong Miniland Mayhem or Dragon Quest IX or Golden Sun. I need to play each of them much more in depth before choosing.

I just started playing this last night, fully finished up the first world.

EW is full of shit.

Seriously, if you hate this game, you have no soul.

I like EW for filler bathroom reading but I always get annoyed when they write or comment on video games - they have no idea what they are talking about. The sad thing is that a great game like Kirby is not deserving of bad press - especially in such a mainstream magazine. This might affect sales. Probably not a ton but if there is even one person out there who was planning to get it and now won't that's total crap.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Just posting about one of my annoyances with the game: those damn train levels. I really seem to get frustrated with them when it seems like I have everything lined up and the train falls on the floor again. Those levels take forever for me to finish.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game. And my 4 year old enjoys watching me play it. Unfortunately, even with a game as easy-going as this still has him calling for my help through some of the levels. (Tho, he did beat the first boss all by himself. I'm proud of him.)[/QUOTE]

I had to run in and do the train levels for my 6 and 7 yr. olds. I also found them annoying as hell. I didn't care what I got I just wanted through them. The rest of the levels they did on their own.

Oh, I didn't know magazines like EW still exist given time, age, and general public literacy.

Seriously though, fuck them, Kirby Epic Yarn is, to me anyway, GOTY. I've not played anything more "fun" in a very long time, even surpassing SMG2 and DKCR. I just love that damn game lol :D

I just completed the first world tonight with Gold Medals/all objects/hidden levels/etc...

I've read some complaints about the interwebs about "too easy" and the "no dying" but I can tell trying to 100% this game is going to be as much of a challenge as any game with "deaths" in it. If you want to just blow through the basic game I bet it could be done in one sitting, but where is the fun in that?

Does this game get more challenging? My son and I finished the first 3 or 4 levels, easily getting all gold medals and all items. Without the threat of damage or dying, I must say that it is way too easy to be enjoyable. (We went back to DKC Returns.) And we both love all of the other Kirby games, from NES thru GC and DS (except Air Ride and Dream Course). DKCR is a bit frustrating at times, but we can always correct what "we" did wrong. I would have to say NSMB Wii is about the perfect balance of difficulty. Please let me know... we both want to love this game, but it just doesn't seem like it will hold our interest.

Oh, you can die. It's just not one of those games where you die and then have to reset the level, all that. You'll see some little angel thing carry you back a distance.

It's not particularly challenging, no. No one ever claimed it was. The train levels are a pain in the ass, but they aren't all that challenging.

I'm up to 39% complete after the first three main worlds and all the mini-games/fabric side quests. So far the two train levels weren't bad. I take it they get worse? Why is there so much fabric to collect? Did they think people would actually want to decorate Kirby's apartment?

It's not just Kirby's apartment. You decorate the entire building.

It's not really that necessary, but it's easy to do.

[quote name='kodave']I'm up to 39% complete after the first three main worlds and all the mini-games/fabric side quests. So far the two train levels weren't bad. I take it they get worse? Why is there so much fabric to collect? Did they think people would actually want to decorate Kirby's apartment?[/QUOTE]

It isn't that the train levels are hard or anything, I just had an annoying time getting the train on to the tracks half the time.

[quote name='schuerm26']It isn't that the train levels are hard or anything, I just had an annoying time getting the train on to the tracks half the time.[/QUOTE]
This.

What's worse than the train levels is trying to play the train levels in 2 player mode. Their solution to get both players involved is to switch off who is making track. With the other player being a 4 year old, it makes it nigh impossible to complete those levels.

I'm over 80 percent, with just cleaning up the remaining items and fabric to do. My son just eats this game up. It is a great game for him.

I'm 98% done now, just have about 25 or so mini games left to do. The ones where you're doing the side-scrolling shoot em up that subtract time for getting hit are killing me on both the training and Beadrix.

And I just 100%ed it. Damn those few mini game levels. I wish the developers would have made another world or two instead of minigames.

bread's done
Back