Kmart Clearance 10/17/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaydigi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Most are 19.99, does those $20 coupons work on these..... let the madness ensue.

:wii:
Chaotic - 19.99
Conduit - 19.99
Don King Boxing - 19.99
Excitebots - Trick Racing - 19.99
Excitebots - Trick Racing with Wheel - 19.99
Final Fantasy CC - Crystal Bearers - 19.99
Final Fantasy CC - Echoes of Time - 19.99
Murumasa - 19.99
Naruto Shippuden Con Rev 3 -19.99
No More Hero's 2 -19.99
Wii Music -19.99

:ds:
DSL Stylus Green Pokemon Green Turtwig - 4.99
Nostalgia - 19.99
Sushi Go Round - 19.99

:360:
Bakugan - 19.99
charging Dock upc 804926086427 - 9.99
Devil May Cry 4 - 19.99
Dragon Age Origins - 19.99
Dragon Age Origins Awakenings - 19.99
Hawx -19.99
Madden 10 - 19.99
NBA Live 10 -19.99
NCAA Basketball 10 -19.99
NCAA Footbal 10 -19.99
NHL 10 -19.99
Nier - 19.99
Ninja Blade - 19.99
Saw - 19.99
Section 8 - 19.99
Tiger Woods 10 - 19.99
Wolfenstein - 19.99

:ps3:
Bakugan - 19.99
Chaotic - 19.99
Dragon Age Origins - 19.99
Dragon Age Origins Awakenings - 19.99
Hawx -19.99
MLB Show 09 - 19.99
NBA Live 10 -19.99
NCAA Basketball 10 -19.99
NCAA Footbal 10 -19.99
NHL 10 -19.99
Nier - 19.99
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 19.99
Saw - 19.99
Tiger Woods 10 - 19.99
White Knight Chronicles - 19.99
Wolfenstein - 19.99

:psp:
Endwar - 19.99

RCA 22 IN LCD/DVD L22HD34D - 99.99
RCA 26in L26hd35D - 129.99

Kodak c1812 Silver Camera - 60.00

24 In LCD TV 1080P (UPC 6854170249880) - 49.00
Ventura PLV 76176 17 inch LCD HDTV (UPC 062118761761) - 59.00
Sylvania 37 In LCD LC370ss9 - 159.00
Element 19in LCD - 79.99
Element 26LE30 26 IN - 99.00
Element 32LE30 32in LCD - 129.00
Element 40in LCD 40LE45Q - 159.00
Sony 40in LCD KDL40s5100 - 199.00
Panasonic 42 TC-P42c1 600hz -199.00

Sony 7in Portable DVD Player - 49.99
Sony 9in Portable DVD Player - 49.99 DVPFX930

linksys wireless adaptor upc 745883568598 - 0.01
linksys wireless notebook adaptor upc 745883553877 - 5.00

Wiremotes All dropped $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jiggaloj']I agree. There are a TON of games sitting in the Kmarts around my area. Hopefully, Kmart will have the right set of mind to clear all the old stock to make room for new stock. On another note, I scored at my local Kmart with 2 copies of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GC at $5 a piece last week.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's a great deal! I haven't seen any of the GC games, only massive amounts of (cruddy) GBA games. I hope there will be some 'larger' tv's on clearance too, though! :)

Ah, the clearance may have dried up, but there are still good memories in there.

I remember a long ass time ago (late '99, early 2000, somewhere in there, it's been a while), I was perusing the electronics section for Nintendo 64 games. I don't remember what it was I was looking for, but I remember what I found: a single copy of Earthbound for the Super Nintendo, complete in that huge box that had the game and strategy guide included.

Before the Nintendo 64 had come out, I had always rented my games from this local ma and pa store (which, sadly, is closed now). One of the games I had just randomly picked out (I lacked any definitive taste at that time) was Earthbound. I played it for a few days, then had to return it, but found it a really interesting game.

So, back at K-Mart all those years later, I'm thinking it would be really awesome to get a copy of the game. I ask one of the employees how much it was, since it was locked up and the sticker was hidden, and she says that it's $19.99 because they are trying to get rid of it (aka clearance). I bought it on the spot.

It was probably one of the greatest (if not the best) purchases I ever made. And even though it's sitting in the closet right now, it's still all there, intact and as beautiful as ever.

Ah, good times.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I agree. There are a TON of games sitting in the Kmarts around my area. Hopefully, Kmart will have the right set of mind to clear all the old stock to make room for new stock. On another note, I scored at my local Kmart with 2 copies of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GC at $5 a piece last week.[/QUOTE]
At least three of my local Kmart had one or more copies of Zelda: TP sitting on the shelves marked $49.99 a while ago. I bought them all when I was at each store and got them good homes with other CAG's.;)

A month ago I got Armored Core 4 for $19.99, and Enchanted Arms with gaphic novel for $19.97. They have a lot of games from when the 360 first came out on their shelves. As well as a $39.99 copy of Dragon Quest V.

I haven't followed a K-Mart clearance in a long time because they dried up, but will these games drop in price or will SHC-Gamer see to it that doesn't happen? :)

Honestly this entire thread is completely pointless. Josh is the one who controls the clearance prices, and he's already listed them in the main Kmart thread, but more importantly, the days of cheap clearance games are gone and over with, so this thread is simply going to dry up and be deleted. You're going to see recent games dropping to $19.99, and you're going to see older $19.99 games dropping to $14.99, and that's about it. You're not going to see $5 or probably not even $10 games. You'll see an occasional "buy ANY game this week and get a $10 coupon" deal like we saw for Wii & DS games a few weeks ago, and THAT is how Josh intends to make clearances in the future, with coupon deals, not by straight up price drops. /rant

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Honestly this entire thread is completely pointless. Josh is the one who controls the clearance prices, and he's already listed them in the main Kmart thread, but more importantly, the days of cheap clearance games are gone and over with, so this thread is simply going to dry up and be deleted. You're going to see recent games dropping to $19.99, and you're going to see older $19.99 games dropping to $14.99, and that's about it. You're not going to see $5 or probably not even $10 games. You'll see an occasional "buy ANY game this week and get a $10 coupon" deal like we saw for Wii & DS games a few weeks ago, and THAT is how Josh intends to make clearances in the future, with coupon deals, not by straight up price drops. /rant[/QUOTE]

Also, Josh put some games in that "clearance" pile based on our suggestions, but naaah, apparentaly he's some douche that's trying to control CAG.

This is a Kmart clearance thread. It serves to highlight prices that might otherwise get lost in the shuffle in the main Kmart Deals thread and can stand independently from that thread. Many CAGs don't want to get into the whole coupon-train thing at Kmart and just want to know what games might be cheaper than elsewhere (eg, Nier and White Knight Chronicles from this current drop). Also, kaydigi has a history of providing other items of interest to CAGs besides games (like TVs). Thus, it serves a purpose - unlike what some have suggested. Since kaydigi reopened it, I have deleted several of the back and forth posts arguing the merits of this thread (and, just now, some recent ones that pretty much repeated what was said earlier - sorry guys!).

While it is true that the days of $5 (and $2, and $1) games at Kmart might be over, there is still a use for this thread. Having said that, to those waiting for further drops on these games, I wouldn't wait too long or expect too much - they probably won't go down too much more any time soon.

[quote name='rpnguyen']hm...looks like i'll be dropping by kmart soon -

do people feel that nier is a worthy pickup at 19.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes!!! I got mine on Amazon DoTD for $27.99 a few weeks ago and I'm currently 20+ hours in, and like a lot of forum posters have mentioned, the music is outstanding and the characters are really easy to like. The sidequests are 90% fetch-type, but as long as you're okay with it, it's definitely worth it.

Yeah, Nier is a my main target for this drop - looking forward to getting it hopefully on Tuesday.

I still see some of the old clearance stuff at the stores around me... One I know has a Scene It: LCA still in stock... And another store still has some of the $5 Beijing Olympics, Dark Sector and a couple of others laying around.

[quote name='FeralWraith']Ah, the clearance may have dried up, but there are still good memories in there.

I remember a long ass time ago (late '99, early 2000, somewhere in there, it's been a while), I was perusing the electronics section for Nintendo 64 games. I don't remember what it was I was looking for, but I remember what I found: a single copy of Earthbound for the Super Nintendo, complete in that huge box that had the game and strategy guide included.

Before the Nintendo 64 had come out, I had always rented my games from this local ma and pa store (which, sadly, is closed now). One of the games I had just randomly picked out (I lacked any definitive taste at that time) was Earthbound. I played it for a few days, then had to return it, but found it a really interesting game.

So, back at K-Mart all those years later, I'm thinking it would be really awesome to get a copy of the game. I ask one of the employees how much it was, since it was locked up and the sticker was hidden, and she says that it's $19.99 because they are trying to get rid of it (aka clearance). I bought it on the spot.

It was probably one of the greatest (if not the best) purchases I ever made. And even though it's sitting in the closet right now, it's still all there, intact and as beautiful as ever.

Ah, good times.[/QUOTE]

We Earthbound fans need to stick together.

I think I've finally convinced my girlfriend to play it, even though she hates RPGs and any game that has a story.

[quote name='io']While it is true that the days of $5 (and $2, and $1) games at Kmart might be over, there is still a use for this thread. Having said that, to those waiting for further drops on these games, I wouldn't wait too long or expect too much - they probably won't go down too much more any time soon.[/QUOTE]

I think with their backstock, SHC will be forced to drop prices of games constantly...And even then because the stores are so unorganized, he'll have problems moving old stock.

Many too many deals recently!

Nier was off my radar after the fishing video was released but I keep hearing good things about the characters and the New Game + mode.

Need to do some research I might check Kmart on Wends.

Just wanted to throw this out there, if anyone else picks up Excitebots during the drop (I'd assume with the fallout new vegas coaster coupon for a total of $5) and wants to play online PM me :).

Thanks for allowing this thread IO.

[quote name='Brian9824']What coupons are people reffering to? Anyone got a link?[/QUOTE]
They are Kmart coupons that print out at the register when you buy certain things. Usually games but not always.

anyone been able to nab one of those TV's? I have a Kmart down the road from me here at work so I am considering taking a run down on lunch

dragon age origins is still at 29.99. maybe down to 19.99 later in the week or what? also so dj hero for 39.99. was thinking of using my 20 game coupon on that, but rather get dragon age. think i'll play that more.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I still see some of the old clearance stuff at the stores around me... One I know has a Scene It: LCA still in stock... And another store still has some of the $5 Beijing Olympics, Dark Sector and a couple of others laying around.[/QUOTE]
That's all I mainly see at one of my local Kmarts anymore is the Beijing Olympics ones, a couple copies of Dark Sector and maybe some WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 09's. What I laugh about most is how I mentioned on here that a certain local Kmart still had about 10-12 copies of The Last Remnant for 360(it's $5 btw if you can find it) and less than a week later when I went back they were all gone.:roll:

With the cases still being pretty disorganized at that same Kmart I'm willing to bet I could still find a couple really good deals in there to grab on Tuesday if I look close enough.;)
[quote name='Brian9824']What coupons are people reffering to? Anyone got a link?[/QUOTE]
I've been talking about the Fallout: New Vegas coupon, which you got from buying a coaster set for $5. The coupon gives you $15 off a gaming purchase of $15 or more before tax and so on and allows for clearance, sale and regular prices.:D

So it's definitely a great deal if you can find a $15 game:)ps3:Heavenly Sword, which is $14.99:bomb:) and something to make the transaction go over $15 like a $5 silver :ps2:Dual Shock 2. So in the end you get a good game and a controller you could probably dump off for at least that back in cash on a local shop and essentially get Heavenly Sword(or a similar game) for free.;)
[quote name='Sito']anyone been able to nab one of those TV's? I have a Kmart down the road from me here at work so I am considering taking a run down on lunch[/QUOTE]
Good luck finding one of those tvs. If you do find one it's probably a beat to shit display model with no remote that's been on for 12-16 hours a day.

If you don't mind using an HD computer monitor for a 'tv', there's quite a few that come with HDMI inputs and have speakers that you could possibly use as a tv, though those almost never have an internal tuner and need an external cable box or something.

They were marked at full price, so I had the guy scan them and they rang up as 19.99. He said it was on his list of things to do today, to re-tag them.

[quote name='typical guy']I have a single $20 coupon for Kmart, that coupon won't work on a 19.99 game right?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Nope.[/QUOTE]

I think that plain sucks. Are they usable on PSN/XBL cards now? I know when I tried to do that a while back, the system wouldn't allow it.

[quote name='typical guy']I think that plain sucks. Are they usable on PSN/XBL cards now? I know when I tried to do that a while back, the system wouldn't allow it.[/QUOTE]
Sigh.

The cost of the coupon can NOT exceed the price of the item you are attempting to buy.

the only problem with a separate clearance thread for kmart is now there are two threads for people to ask the dumbest questions i've ever heard. How's that reading comprehension test coming along, finalboss?

I forget, but can't you just throw in like a thing of tic-tacs to set the cost of the total purchase over that amount to qualify it? Or do you need to bump the total sale with another electronics item?

EDIT: Okay, reading comprehension helps. Has to be total gaming purchase. *The More You Know*

[quote name='confoosious']the only problem with a separate clearance thread for kmart is now there are two threads for people to ask the dumbest questions i've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']So nobody had luck with finding the TVs? =[[/QUOTE]

Found one, but the recent price drop hasn't occurred at the store yet...hope it lasts :D

The local K-Mart is still showing a much higher price for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, which I chose as a sample. The store staff said that it looked like a price change was "pending" and that I should check back next week. However, he believed that the price drop would only be $10, which would place it far above what is listed here. Here's to hoping he's wrong.

[quote name='minigendo']The local K-Mart is still showing a much higher price for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, which I chose as a sample. The store staff said that it looked like a price change was "pending" and that I should check back next week. However, he believed that the price drop would only be $10, which would place it far above what is listed here. Here's to hoping he's wrong.[/QUOTE]
he is deff wrong, even shc gamer said it was going to 19.99 just go back in a week and enjoy the shocked look on his face:)

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Sigh.

The cost of the coupon can NOT exceed the price of the item you are attempting to buy.[/QUOTE]

that just sucks. i was hoping to pick up dragon age and pay whatever is left over from tax. these gaming coupons are starting to annoy me - the expiration dates, only for games, can't spend on games under the price of coupon!!

[quote name='deletion']that just sucks. i was hoping to pick up dragon age and pay whatever is left over from tax. these gaming coupons are starting to annoy me - the expiration dates, only for games, can't spend on games under the price of coupon!![/QUOTE]

i know right? and they even limit the discount to the amount on the coupon? WTF yo! I want a 40$ discount from my 20$ coupon.

And they also have the nerve to only work at Kmart! Why can't I use these things at Target or walmart? It's just a coupon. Such assholes there!

[quote name='confoosious']i know right? and they even limit the discount to the amount on the coupon? WTF yo! I want a 40$ discount from my 20$ coupon.

And they also have the nerve to only work at Kmart! Why can't I use these things at Target or walmart? It's just a coupon. Such assholes there![/QUOTE]

just complaining man. no need to be such a douche.

[quote name='typical guy']I have a single $20 coupon for Kmart, that coupon won't work on a 19.99 game right?[/QUOTE]

I had this problem using my $10 game. Just check your clearance section.
You can usually find some cheap stuff like stylii or something like that.

[quote name='jeebert']Found the 22inch TV but they said the price was $120...[/QUOTE]

Which was prolly the last clearance price drop, keep an eye on it because when they update the prices it will more than likely drop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back