Kmart PSP Clearance, Core and Cars/Fifa bundle now on clearance as well as past model

PANZERGRENADIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As of July 2012 some new models have been added to clearance.

The following PSP bundles are clearanced:

$78 Cars/Fifa Bundle NEW

$90
Hannah Montana
Assassin's Creed
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Gran Turismo (original, not with MLB)
Rock Band
Ratchet and Clank

$97 Core 3000 Series NEW

$102
Base 2000 model

$120
Daxter
God of War Chains of Olympus

$160
PSP Go (not a bundle)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Oh dang, wish I saw this earlier. I may check a K-mart or two.[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked the one in Oxon Hill, so there may be some there. No idea.

[quote name='takotchi']Same for Annandale. I think the hoarders got 'em all.[/QUOTE]

one in spring field has hanna montana and MGS bundles each Friday after work. I did not even check the price and left them b/c I was not interested even at 90.

Damn, so many NOVA cag's

[quote name='Hibiwa']I know it's a free market, but bragging about buying up 3+ is off putting.[/QUOTE]

In for 12!

Seriously though, I'd rather hear then that someone bitch and moan about it not being a good deal or "overpriced" and that they'll wait for it to hit some obscure price. Usually this occurs with Collector's Editions.

Would anyone here who managed to snag a few of these be kind enough to sell one or two for a small percentage over the purchase price? There aren't a whole lot of K-Mart's around me and they seem to be dried up to as far as 100 miles away. I'll settle for the purple Hannah Montana bundle, as long as it's new.

Anyone know the price on the invizimals psp bundle? It was an all blue box, I didn't get a chance to ask for a price scan as the store was closing.

They didn't have any PSP systems whatsoever at my local Kmart. They didn't even have all that many clearance titles, just a crapload of shovelware Wii and DS games.

I think whoever said these clearance prices were a glitch and would be reverted back to actual sale prices was "blowing smoke" [sorry Josh]. I have checked more Kmart's as recent as today (Thursday) and the bundles were still ringing up at the clearance price however I don't need another Hannah Montana PSP so I passed.

I believe Josh himself said it was a price mistake. Although he did not say it like that, just phrased it differently to imply it, probably to clear them out faster, lol. I will probably wait until they clearance for a lower price.

Saw no bundles at my Kmart until (for the first time EVER) a helpful Kmart store employee said he'd go check in the back. Came back with an Ass Creed bundle for $90. To add a little icing on the cake they also had one last $15 copy of Yakuza 3 in the case.

You could say it was a good day.

Would someone be able to post an image of their receipt (redacted if necessary) showing the discount so that I could try to PM at my local Kmart?

Ok! I lucked out and scored a $90 Hannah Montana for my girlfriend (she hates her but loves the color). It was at my nearest kmart (socal) oddly enough, and in the usual fashion, the employees there had no idea that they had it in the case when I called about it. They're all very nice and helpful in person though.

I strongly recommend going to a kmart to see for yourselves, if it's feasible. I'm gonna check out another one if I have the time. Lilac suits me well too me thinks!

My local store has two of the Hannah Montana bundles left. I'd be willing to pick them up for CAG's if they paid the total price + tax + shipping. They also have two other PSP's behind the HM bundles, but, I cannot tell what type they are (they look like black systems, though).

thx OP: got (lilac!) HM bundle.

quick ?s:
1) my PSP's mfg date = spring 2009: any big HW/SW changes since then? any updates req'd?

2) any insight on sony's PSP bundle-releasing process:
a) which titles get 'bundle'-ized;
b) how often are bundles released (2x/yr, summer & nr x'mas?);
c) is there an 'unofficial' price-drop schedule, or is it store-dependent?

3) between this & a 2000-series, which would you recommend hacking? apologies in advance if this is not cool to bring up. thx.

[quote name='ivana89']thx OP: got (lilac!) HM bundle.

quick ?s:
1) my PSP's mfg date = spring 2009: any big HW/SW changes since then? any updates req'd?

2) any insight on sony's PSP bundle-releasing process:
a) which titles get 'bundle'-ized;
b) how often are bundles released (2x/yr, summer & nr x'mas?);
c) is there an 'unofficial' price-drop schedule, or is it store-dependent?

3) between this & a 2000-series, which would you recommend hacking? apologies in advance if this is not cool to bring up. thx.[/QUOTE]

I think the 2000 is the last model that allows for custom firmware. The GOW bundle (red/chains of olympus) is the only one that is guaranteed to have the chipset that allows for full custom firmware.

To anyone in the Central Florida area, N Orlando Avenue and Semoran Kmarts are a bust. Tuskawilla Kmart has two Hannah Montana PSP's with $90 stickers. Thanks to the OP for the heads up, just not too much luck in my neck of the woods.

Would anyone be able to help me out? I'd be interested in any of the $90 bundles except Hannah Montana as I already have a lilac PSP, and you'd be welcome to keep any games/movies as I have all the ones from those bundles that I want - all I'm after is a different-coloured PSP to use my US PSN account on :) I can't look myself as I live in Australia, but would be happy to pay price/tax/shipping, and do have a middleman friend in the US if you're uncomfortable shipping overseas.

[quote name='skeletontoucher']Hey anyone from So Cal find any peacewalker bundles?!? I'm on a mission! :)[/QUOTE]

I've called 10 kmart's within a 50 mile radius and have physically been to two (Santa Clarita and Burbank). There isn't a peacewalker bundle anywhere to be seen in these parts. I got the Montana, and all that was left were MLB's.

Short of going, you may never know since getting an answer over the phone is problematic. Might have to risk it if it's worth your while.

[quote name='jonac13']To anyone in the Central Florida area, N Orlando Avenue and Semoran Kmarts are a bust. Tuskawilla Kmart has two Hannah Montana PSP's with $90 stickers. Thanks to the OP for the heads up, just not too much luck in my neck of the woods.[/QUOTE]
Woah an orlando CAG? Nice thanks for the heads up of the Tuskawilla kmart I will peek in to see if they still have them. I know the ones at West Colonial and Turkey Lake were gone so I pretty much nearly given up, these deals tend to clean Orlando out fast in my opinion.

[quote name='der-k']Woah an orlando CAG? Nice thanks for the heads up of the Tuskawilla kmart I will peek in to see if they still have them. I know the ones at West Colonial and Turkey Lake were gone so I pretty much nearly given up, these deals tend to clean Orlando out fast in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm in both the Maitland, Lake Mary, and Deltona area a lot and all 3 places are a bust for systems. I blame all the college students :)

Found the damn motherload today. One kmart had hannah montana, base 2000, assassins creed, gran turismo, ratchet and clank, rock band and about four others that were not on clearance yet.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Found the damn motherload today. One kmart had hannah montana, base 2000, assassins creed, gran turismo, ratchet and clank, rock band and about four others that were not on clearance yet.[/QUOTE]

Dang! That's huge! So they're still regular price then?

My K-Mart sucks. They had several of the ones listed that are supposed to be $90 still coming up at regular price. Not to mention it took fifteen minutes for them to finally get an employee back there. Only then that employee had to hunt down the keys in order to open up the case they had the PSPs in. In other words a fucking waste of time. fuck K-Mart. This is why they are going down the drain.

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']^ Wow, any chance I could pay you to pick one up for me? :p[/QUOTE]

Its a kmart that i just kind of passed by in the middle of nowhere. if the prices drop then it would be worth driving all the way there. it would kill the deal if i drove back now.

^ No probs. If you happen to be going by there again, perhaps you could let me know? The cheapest I've seen in Australia lately is still $160 for the Toy Story 3 bundle -_-

Been looking and calling around the Jacksonville, FL, area for the past week or two, and stores only seem to have the $130 or up PSP-3000 bundles. Since I was down in Orlando visiting friends, I checked in on the Tuskawilla Kmart and got the last Hannah Montana PSP-3000 bundle. (Some thanks go out to jonac13 for the heads-up.) After my purchase, they had a system-only bundle left for $130 (didn't really look too close at it, but I'm going to bet it was a PSP-3000 model).

I've only found 2 Gran Turismo bundles between the 4 KMarts in my area :cry:

If anyone could pick me up an Assassin's Creed, Peacewalker, GoW, or Silver bundle (heck, even a hannah montanah one) I would greatly appreciate it. If you can, message me and we'll work something out.

[quote name='FiretrUCK']
If anyone could pick me up an Assassin's Creed, Peacewalker, GoW, or Silver bundle (heck, even a hannah montanah one) I would greatly appreciate it. If you can, message me and we'll work something out.[/QUOTE]
this for me as well...except ask him first :) i wish i had a kmart around me :(

Checked 2 more K-Marts this morning, one had a single Hannah Montana bundle left, but I couldn't bring myself to drop $90 on a fricken pink PSP packed with a game I don't want that has zero trade in value, so I passed. The other K-Mart had nada, just a few system only PSP 3000 sets not on sale, and one Madden 12 Bundle. Oh well

[quote name='proKoyeon']this for me as well...except ask him first :) i wish i had a kmart around me :([/QUOTE]

Please don't EVER wish that. Just like walmart, it will ruin the area you live in.

A kmart about 15mi from me apparently has a shit ton of these systems. I'm concerned with the manufacture date, as the Assassin's Creed bundle I got yesterday was made in October 2009. I have a launch day PSP 1000 and the battery is shot and doesn't hold a charge. I'm worried the battery in this "new" PSP will have the same problem.

[quote name='Romeo']Please don't EVER wish that. Just like walmart, it will ruin the area you live in.

A kmart about 15mi from me apparently has a shit ton of these systems. I'm concerned with the manufacture date, as the Assassin's Creed bundle I got yesterday was made in October 2009. I have a launch day PSP 1000 and the battery is shot and doesn't hold a charge. I'm worried the battery in this "new" PSP will have the same problem.[/QUOTE]

It's a completely different type of battery, and I've haven't heard of anyone having that problem with it. Why don't you just order a replacement battery for your 1000 and sell me your AC bundle? :D

[quote name='spmahn']Checked 2 more K-Marts this morning, one had a single Hannah Montana bundle left, but I couldn't bring myself to drop $90 on a fricken pink PSP packed with a game I don't want that has zero trade in value, so I passed. The other K-Mart had nada, just a few system only PSP 3000 sets not on sale, and one Madden 12 Bundle. Oh well[/QUOTE]

It's not pink, it's Lilac, haha. I think most psp games have a crap trade in value by now anyways/

I work at the Crystal Lake IL K-mart. Last time I checked we had 4 Assassins Creed and 4 Ratchet and Clank bundles. I haven't worked in the past week so I'm not sure how much stock has changed.

Anybody have any updates on their stores yet? Mine is still holdin onto the $90 price for the purple psp bundle.

dont they have an item locator? Im messing with their site and its frigign terribly layed out. I cant find crap and cant seem to get a locator working

Theres none really near me, nearest ones are about 30 miles in opposite directions. But ones near my grandmothers house. I think i checked months ago and didn't find crap but maybe i'll look again. Id like to be able to actually check online though so i could see if the other ones have anything. I really want a backup system and would love one of those Hanna montanna ones! (Im serious, i love purple)

bread's done
Back