Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw the weekly ad but on the deals there's no mention on saving $30 on a $50 PSN or 4000 MSP card when you buy crysis 2, is this deal still on?

[quote name='daddy69']i saw the weekly ad but on the deals there's no mention on saving $30 on a $50 PSN or 4000 MSP card when you buy crysis 2, is this deal still on?[/QUOTE]

If it's on the blog, it's on. Josh would have to finalize deals over a month in advance to get them to appear in the print ads.

[quote name='wantedman728']Hey guys was wondering if anyone knows if Kmart has started or if Kmart going to be doing preorders for the Nintendo 3DS?[/QUOTE]

An email went out for online preorders, but the online component of KMart is separate from the B&M and can't be used with Josh's deals or store pickup.

As far as in store, no, there is no way to preorder. Best bet is to be there and ready when they open Sunday morning.

[quote name='wantedman728']Hey guys was wondering if anyone knows if Kmart has started or if Kmart going to be doing preorders for the Nintendo 3DS?[/QUOTE]

No preorders at K-Mart, sorry dude!

Jumping on Crysis 2 this week. I had my friend nab DA2 earlier in the moth seeing as how he wanted it on release day anyways, so I got the 20 dollar PSN card deal and 10 bucks credit for his legwork. After another 50 dollar PSN this week I should be set for at least a few months :)

[quote name='jer7583']Some people are just lazy and their laziness is more important than their money, unfortunately. [/QUOTE]

One of the big reasons Gamestop is still in business. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']One of the big reasons Gamestop is still in business. :D[/QUOTE]

Stupidity and ignorance(no fault of their own) is probably the biggest reason.

imho...........

Is the Move bundle with purchase of Heroes the starter bundle with the controller, eye, and Sports Champions? Do you need the navigation controller to play Heroes?

[quote name='SativaSam']Just got back from picking up Bulletstorm Epic Edition at the Rome, GA location. Had plenty of copies, and used my 25$ SYWR card to knock it down to 14 bucks and some change. :D[/QUOTE]

WTF?!?!?!

I thought I was the only gamer in that town!!!

[quote name='GBAstar']You seem a little sensitive... I've made gaming purchases at several (at least 5) different Kmart's and I've never felt like an associate was breathing down my neck. To be honest it's more common to not be able to find an associate.

If you want the best deal you'll shop at Kmart. I can only think of one or maybe two deals where it was cheaper to shop at Amazon, and none of them were preorders.

And what's the big deal with SYWR accounts and having to be "opted in" My girlfriend and I both have accounts and I get maybe 3-4 e-mails a month from either a Sears SYWR promo or a Kmart SYWR promo. I usually read them to see if their is anything I can take advantage of but if I didn't want to it'd take three seconds to click the box next to the e-mail and hit delete.

Jesus. I get 10x the number of e-mail from Toys R us and even more from Best Buy asking me to rate my pick up experience and "if I need help completeing my order" because I forgot to clear my cart before leaving their website.

If your biggest complaint against the deals Kmart has been having is that you find having to get a few e-mails a month annoying...

then...

WOW[/QUOTE]

My poor experience revolves around being hounded by numerous people, some who wouldn't take no for an answer. No less than 6 people must have asked me before I made it to the game display. Then the clerk... It wasn't what I call pleasurable nevermind the fact they spam you as we've made clear earlier. I believe there was also a line about pre-approved credit offers meaning spam in the regular mail too. That's going overboard.

I refuse BB for a few other reasons, they hardly ever have good sales in the first place. TrU got a temp block during the holidays but that's the only time they got carried away on their card and resulting spam.

[quote name='jer7583']If that's honestly your opinion that's all well and good but that starts and ends with you. Stop spreading false information like

If you don't like using the card, that's a silly thing to get worked up over for saving 10/20/30 dollars on new releases, but I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money. Just don't come in here trolling for responses and spreading misinformation please.

So excited for 3DS and Crysis 2 this week. Even better it's spring break week so I'll have time to play Crysis 2 as well.

Some people are just lazy and their laziness is more important than their money, unfortunately. Honestly the kmart/sears/whatever emails aren't even that bad, I intended to filter them but they are sent so infrequently that I haven't gotten around to it. And sometimes the kmart deals on other stuff are good too, so I do look through those ones.[/QUOTE]

It's not false information, it's right in the pamphlet. Amazon gives similar deals. And I'm kinda tired of people calling everything trolling just because they aren't bright enough to disagree properly. If someone has a legitimate complaint then you can't brush it off with that term. The only goal of trolling is to cause trouble and that's more the fault of those making the accusation.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']My poor experience revolves around being hounded by numerous people, some who wouldn't take no for an answer. No less than 6 people must have asked me before I made it to the game display. Then the clerk... It wasn't what I call pleasurable nevermind the fact they spam you as we've made clear earlier. I believe there was also a line about pre-approved credit offers meaning spam in the regular mail too. That's going overboard.

I refuse BB for a few other reasons, they hardly ever have good sales in the first place. TrU got a temp block during the holidays but that's the only time they got carried away on their card and resulting spam.[/QUOTE]

Calling BS on that one... what Kmart please? Six associates? Yeah okay...

[quote name='aznhero913']WTF?!?!?!

I thought I was the only gamer in that town!!![/QUOTE]
Haha definitely not. Rome is such a small town though I've probably met you before. I have a pretty big collection of games.

[quote name='GBAstar']Calling BS on that one... what Kmart please? Six associates? Yeah okay...[/QUOTE]
LOL QFT. If I didn't have to find somebody, I'd never get anything that was in a locked case. NJ stores are a bit better because Jersey service is usually better in every single aspect, the trade-off being slower than NY.

[quote name='chiwii']I totally understand why you don't like discount cards. I don't like them either, but if the discount is good enough, I'll sign up for them.

What surprised me, though, is that you mention shopping with Amazon. You have to give Amazon your email address if you want to buy anything. I don't know about you, but I get tons of emails from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I get some but not a ton. I turned off all I could in the preferences. I'm truly the kind of person who doesn't like to be bothered with useless junk.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Why even come to the Kmartgamer thread just to say you get your games at Amazon and complain about the Kmart SYWR card? The deals are very good especially for new releases and you have personal contact with the one (Josh) deciding the deals. Can you say that about Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

The Kmart SYWR card is set up like every loyalty card out there (it's the trend to give you deals in exchange for some information). For example, the VIC card for the Harris Teeter grocery store. You need the card to get in on some of the weekly sales. You don't have to give out all your personal information, as I just give them the basics like a valid email address and never my date of birth, etc. Like some of the some of the others have said, it is not spam email, they just send offers you might be interested in.[/QUOTE]

I had stayed out for a while actually, once the coupons were taken away I quit going there. I only came back in because I knew the coupons were coming back and wanted to see what's going on. You'd be surprised how few cards I carry. I have one for TrU and one for GS. That's it. If you want to laugh a little I went to Office Depot once since we had a lot of old printer carts to recycle. I asked if they take them and they said yes, if you sign up for their card and then you get $2 back on each. I thanked them and walked out. Don't really need credit there as I'm not a frequent customer.

[quote name='DPsycho']It's entirely likely that we will no longer have to be opted in for emails once the coupons return. The emails are part of the SYWR infrastructure specifically. Gonna wait for their unveiling rather than speculate further, however.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'll keep checking back but only lurking since it seems like a few people think I'm crazy or something.

[quote name='GBAstar']Calling BS on that one... what Kmart please? Six associates? Yeah okay...[/QUOTE]

Sadly, yes. One outside the main door. One near the registers. One near the shoes. Two more asked in the main aisle and they were standing there with stacks of these things as if they had nothing better to do. Then there was the clerk who tried his hardest but I didn't give in. I understand it's their job to ask, but the overall pushiness of the program didn't sit well. Come to think of it the same problem is why I avoid BB. The frequency of the employees who come by to ask if you need help and butt their two cents in on whatever I'm holding made me stay out of the store.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']It's not false information, it's right in the pamphlet. Amazon gives similar deals. And I'm kinda tired of people calling everything trolling just because they aren't bright enough to disagree properly. If someone has a legitimate complaint then you can't brush it off with that term. The only goal of trolling is to cause trouble and that's more the fault of those making the accusation.[/QUOTE]

If you don't like the deals why are you here in this thread? I read your posts and can understand why YOU wouldn't like Kmart based on your tales. I can happily say I have NEVER had to put up with anything even close to what you describe. Maybe try another Kmart.. or stick to Amazon.

Either way this is a Kmart thread. People are calling Troll for that very reason.

Peace.

(hope that was Intelligent enough for ya.)

I mean really if you're not interested in kmart's deals stop posting in the kmart thread. End of story. No need to try to come in and rationalize why you think that getting 2-3 emails a month isn't worth the best brick and mortar new release deals. You can't win that one, especially in the thread full of people who are fans of kmart now.

That's why it's trolling. This thread isn't for what you're discussing. GTFO.

I know a few people from Milwaukee/Brookfield, WI area have posted here - do any of you guys play fighting games? about 15 guys meet up weekly to play games and host tournaments monthly downtown. We usually get around 40-50 people for the tournaments. It's fun stuff to get involved in and a good way to avoid online play and meet some cool people.

[quote name='confoosious']I've never even seen 6 people working at Kmart at one time.[/QUOTE]

I usually see about this many. 1-2 cashiers, 1-2 customer service, an older manager looking guy who just sits and talks to employees and then a high school kid who seems to be the only one actually working (stocking all the departments and covering electronics).

It's like this at every kmart around here.

Sometimes on weekend mornings they have people at a table up front pushing SYWR to the old folks, but that's rare.

[quote name='EvilET']If you don't like the deals why are you here in this thread? I read your posts and can understand why YOU wouldn't like Kmart based on your tales. I can happily say I have NEVER had to put up with anything even close to what you describe. Maybe try another Kmart.. or stick to Amazon.

Either way this is a Kmart thread. People are calling Troll for that very reason.

Peace.

(hope that was Intelligent enough for ya.)[/QUOTE]

I answered that just before. I came back hoping to find good news on the coupons. Stayed away during the card fiasco. So the 'troll' is completely unwarranted.

[quote name='confoosious']I've never even seen 6 people working at Kmart at one time.[/QUOTE]

Must have been my lucky day. Ha. Normally they're busy and you might not notice them. I visited midday in the middle of the week so that's probably the least busy time and the worst if they have stuff to hound you with. Perhaps it's all about location. Some people love their BB and hate TrU. I'm the opposite. There's only 1 or 2 people in the elec department at my TrU and I let them know when I'm ready to get a game from the case.

[quote name='jer7583']I mean really if you're not interested in kmart's deals stop posting in the kmart thread. End of story. No need to try to come in and rationalize why you think that getting 2-3 emails a month isn't worth the best brick and mortar new release deals. You can't win that one, especially in the thread full of people who are fans of kmart now.

That's why it's trolling. This thread isn't for what you're discussing. GTFO.[/QUOTE]

I have a better idea. You're the troll. You're wrong and should GTFO. Sound good?

[quote name='jer7583']I mean really if you're not interested in kmart's deals stop posting in the kmart thread. End of story.[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious coming from you. Hypocrite.

[quote name='SativaSam']Haha definitely not. Rome is such a small town though I've probably met you before. I have a pretty big collection of games.[/QUOTE]

It's a tiny town!!!!

We probably only met if you were my psych patient or a patient during IM clincals.
I did a couple medical rotations through Floyd Med. CTR.

Moved over here to Atlanta not too long ago though.

It's an isolated and restricted town but I loved living there!
You could honestly leave the front door open and go on vacation for a week. We really miss that place.

[quote name='aznhero913']
You could honestly leave the front door open and go on vacation for a week.[/QUOTE]
That reminds of me Ving Rhame's character in The Goods, where he tells his peers he hasn't been home in over a year and he's sure he left his front door open.

I think it's relatively safe where I live, but if you tempt people by leaving something desirable out in the open, someone out there isn't going to hesitate to take it.

"...Not my Kmart goods!" (e-mails Josh immediately)

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']I answered that just before. I came back hoping to find good news on the coupons. Stayed away during the card fiasco. So the 'troll' is completely unwarranted.
[/QUOTE]

I see. My apologies then for thinking otherwise.

Did you not post about Amazon and Price Matching to avoid the "fiasco"? That's going to piss people off. Because we appreciate what Josh and Stockboy are doing for us gamers at Kmart.

You mentioned something about how few cards you carry. FWIW, I've never once presented my SYWR card. I simply give them my phone number. I have never had an issue and I've bought an insane amount of product last year.

While the coupons I had to keep in a dry, temp. controlled environment so that they didn't fade or get lost. And then bring them with me to the store.. Hell, I'm on THAT lazy.. but there's a difference.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']I get some but not a ton. I turned off all I could in the preferences. I'm truly the kind of person who doesn't like to be bothered with useless junk.[/quote]

Create filter. Point to trash.

Peace.

[quote name='CaseX']Wow. Bulletstorm already dropped $20? Debating whether to give it a try...[/QUOTE]

I would encourage you to. I had a blast with it. Really fun SP & unique MP.

[quote name='EvilET']I see. My apologies then for thinking otherwise.

Did you not post about Amazon and Price Matching to avoid the "fiasco"? That's going to piss people off. Because we appreciate what Josh and Stockboy are doing for us gamers at Kmart.

You mentioned something about how few cards you carry. FWIW, I've never once presented my SYWR card. I simply give them my phone number. I have never had an issue and I've bought an insane amount of product last year.

While the coupons I had to keep in a dry, temp. controlled environment so that they didn't fade or get lost. And then bring them with me to the store.. Hell, I'm on THAT lazy.. but there's a difference.

Create filter. Point to trash.

Peace.[/QUOTE]

No prob, things get missed. I did when someone mentioned Kmart is the only one to offer release deals. The intent wasn't to make this an Amazon discussion. It's not just stuff to carry, I just don't like signing up for things I won't use. It's the same thing with online sites. The fewer times I give out my info the fewer problems can potentially find me. I'm not on FB or Twit and choose to lurk at most places that offer deals unless there's a really compelling reason to join. Calling it paranoia is a little much, maybe only barely. Lol. Coupons are ok. Whether a flyer or printed out they're painless to use.

So you can throw out all their mail instantly, they just won't know that since you opt in. I dunno...

Just picked up Bulletstorm and saw a sign on the way out that said $15 off you're next WWE purchase and said to go to www.kmart.com/wwe. Went there and it said the coupon would print off when you purchase $40 or more of WWE merch.

Just wondering if this is good for WWE All Stars???

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']I just don't like signing up for things I won't use.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. What I wonder, though, is how KMart's card is something you won't use when you're talking about wanting to take part of the promotions to which it grants you access. I get not wanting to carry it around, and I certainly understand not wanting to put up with their emails. But beyond that, it sounds like you want to put it to use but can't on principle of there being a card involved.

[quote name='SeanTM22']How would I get BB to match Bulletstorm?[/QUOTE]

Just take an ad i guess. Gonna try tommorow myself, brought it on Launch Day.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still deciding how to attack this piece. The video game coupon offers will kind of be an extended beta.[/QUOTE]

Well let us know how it works out, would really prefer if I could use it as I said.

[quote name='DPsycho']Fair enough. What I wonder, though, is how KMart's card is something you won't use when you're talking about wanting to take part of the promotions to which it grants you access. I get not wanting to carry it around, and I certainly understand not wanting to put up with their emails. But beyond that, it sounds like you want to put it to use but can't on principle of there being a card involved.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for one more post... Sorta yes and no. My thought at the time of writing that was more for online signups. At the same time though yes I like some of the deals, except for the catches previously mentioned. Someone else already said the program hasn't really 'begun' yet, so let's see how the coupons will work first. Maybe they won't require the card, maybe the terms will change for the better. I don't know and will watch the thread for a while.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']No prob, things get missed. I did when someone mentioned Kmart is the only one to offer release deals. The intent wasn't to make this an Amazon discussion. It's not just stuff to carry, I just don't like signing up for things I won't use. It's the same thing with online sites. The fewer times I give out my info the fewer problems can potentially find me. I'm not on FB or Twit and choose to lurk at most places that offer deals unless there's a really compelling reason to join. Calling it paranoia is a little much, maybe only barely. Lol. Coupons are ok. Whether a flyer or printed out they're painless to use.

So you can throw out all their mail instantly, they just won't know that since you opt in. I dunno...[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, are you simply assuming the spam part as a result of having to opt in? It sounds like you've never signed up for the card or ever been opted in but correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason I ask is because of the Amazon comparison made earlier. I have de-selected everything I can for Amazon and am opted in with K-Mart and no lie, the number of emails I get from Amazon outnumber K-Mart AT LEAST 5-1.

In short, I really think you have nothing to worry about unless it's just the general paranoia of giving out the same information that's available in a phone book and having it linked to an email account, whether it be real or fake. Either way, there's no reason for you to get "spammed" when none of us do.

I understand why people would be wary of too much spam.

But if you can't figure out how to filter shit, you don't deserve to use email.

So basically stop complaining about spam/ marketing messages already.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You'll lose whatever bonus points you got.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot that points were "bonus"...
Rebuying wouldn't have done squat for that. Oh well.
That stinks!!!

Just got home and gonna play some homefront.
Damn I hate the server problems. THQ had a chance to hit a homerun w/ this.

So many games seem to be dissapointments lately, lot of hate over Dragon Age 2, Homefront was meh (I was hoping it would be great), and even Crysis 2 is getting hate now (Mainly over graphics)

[quote name='dgwillia006']So many games seem to be dissapointments lately, lot of hate over Dragon Age 2, Homefront was meh (I was hoping it would be great), and even Crysis 2 is getting hate now (Mainly over graphics)[/QUOTE]

Im liking DA 2 alot, Crysis 2 is getting alot of bad press due to the demo being really sluggish and buggy, demo not supporting DX 11 and because Crytec promised the game would look much better than the first and alot of fans feel it doesn't. I'm waiting till I get it to decide for myself.

I've been wanting to get another triple but was wondering if the $50 giftcard is timestamped to be used the following week, day or hours later. Also curious if the killzone2 bundle is included in this promotion.

I'd like to grab a kz2 160 w/ 50gc, wrap around use gc to get crysis 2 and 4000pt card.

[quote name='neocvera']I've been wanting to get another triple but was wondering if the $50 giftcard is timestamped to be used the following week, day or hours later. Also curious if the killzone2 bundle is included in this promotion.

I'd like to grab a kz2 160 w/ 50gc, wrap around use gc to get crysis 2 and 4000pt card.[/QUOTE]

The Killzone 3 bundle is included in the deal. I just picked one up this morning and got a giftcard. Its activated immediately so you should be able to use it to pick up crysis and 4k point card in the same visit. Provided your store has the bundles in stock of course.

[quote name='bzchanboy']The Killzone 3 bundle is included in the deal. I just picked one up this morning and got a giftcard. Its activated immediately so you should be able to use it to pick up crysis and 4k point card in the same visit. Provided your store has the bundles in stock of course.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. I meant killzone3. Thanks. Try my luck on Tuesday. Kmart is a bit of a drive or I would have gone today for the system and go back on Tuesday.

I'd call beforehand I had to drive some 2 hours to get mine today and they sold out of PS3's while I was waiting for the one they put on hold for me the night before.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Just picked up Bulletstorm and saw a sign on the way out that said $15 off you're next WWE purchase and said to go to www.kmart.com/wwe. Went there and it said the coupon would print off when you purchase $40 or more of WWE merch.

Just wondering if this is good for WWE All Stars???[/QUOTE]

should work, i believe it was mentioned by josh that yes buying the game with other wwe merchandise would work.

[quote name='diddy310']Josh will KMart be carrying the PS3 Tomb Raider trilogy? Any chance of a deal?[/QUOTE]

at first yes all 3 trilogy were on schedule to get a deal but since they been delayed josh has said he will have a deal for the tomb raider trilogy when 1 of other ones come out in what looks like to be a b1g1 half off or something like that..

Will crysis2 be available tuesday?
Meaning in stores tuesday not shipped to stores tuesday?

[quote name='jer7583']Will crysis2 be available tuesday?
Meaning in stores tuesday not shipped to stores tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I would think they would since it's a hard street-dated title and not a soft ship-dated title. I have friends on Live already playing it that work at various retailers (but not K-Mart, so I can't say beyond a shadow of a doubt) so it seems they were received by Friday at most places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back