Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh or Stockboy -

How are we looking for availability of the Turtle Beach PX21? I want to take advantage of that Crysis 2 offer, but don't want to go driving around like a maniac for the headsets. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='dino88']I'd say 0%, since he's already admitted that the PS3 CE price drop was an oversight.[/QUOTE]

Damn :cry:

There are so many CE's and LE's at my Kmart that have been there since the game they are for launched because they never drop down in price.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Ooh $40 for Bulletstorm, that's something I might have to get. Hope it includes the limited editions.[/QUOTE]

I believe that Josh stated that Kmart did not receive the Epic edition. However, I have a thread over in the trading forum with an epic edition online pass that I'll part with for a very reasonable price.

$40 isn't bad for Bulletstorm. It was fun and contained some gameplay elements that I hadn't encountered before.

[quote name='Achilles00']I believe that Josh stated that Kmart did not receive the Epic edition. However, I have a thread over in the trading forum with an epic edition online pass that I'll part with for a very reasonable price.

$40 isn't bad for Bulletstorm. It was fun and contained some gameplay elements that I hadn't encountered before.[/QUOTE]

Every first print copy was Epic/Limited Edition. I doubt they've even printed any regular edition copies yet. I got my copy from Kmart and it was Epic Edition.

[quote name='Achilles00']I believe that Josh stated that Kmart did not receive the Epic edition. However, I have a thread over in the trading forum with an epic edition online pass that I'll part with for a very reasonable price.

$40 isn't bad for Bulletstorm. It was fun and contained some gameplay elements that I hadn't encountered before.[/QUOTE]

I was at my kmart on tuesday and they had the epic edition for 360. didn't check ps3

We didn't receive the Sig edition for DA II; we definitely received the Epic edition for Bulletstorm.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='$hady']You should run a special white trash promo on 3/29 for buying Nascar and WWE at the same time. In addition to the normal promos of course. :D

What could you give away hmmm....[/QUOTE]

free paternity tests.

Josh, I asked this a couple days ago and was wondering if I can stop checking WD every hour:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, I apologize if anyone has asked this recently but are there any deals on PSPs coming up? Ever since the drop, I've had the itch to get a GoW or MGS bundle and I am tired of waiting on Warehouse Deals.[/QUOTE]
Sorry if you addressed it and I missed it, but I didn't see anything about it.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Will the coupons be usable instantly? I'd like to get Nascar and Shift 2 at same time and use one of the coupons on the other.[/QUOTE]
Still deciding how to attack this piece. The video game coupon offers will kind of be an extended beta.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, I asked this a couple days ago and was wondering if I can stop checking WD every hour:

Sorry if you addressed it and I missed it, but I didn't see anything about it.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that; unfortunately no, nothing is planned at least for the next few weeks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still deciding how to attack this piece. The video game coupon offers will kind of be an extended beta.[/QUOTE]

If the coupon become invalid when someone returns a game associated with it, then IMO, the delay should be out the window.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry about that; unfortunately no, nothing is planned at least for the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]
Ok, that's cool. Thanks.

[quote name='DPsycho']Those problems with the coupons won't exist with the new coupon system, a system they've been working on over the past few months with SYWR as a stopgap. People won't be able to duplicate them as they are tied to your card, and I believe that he's also suggested that the time to use them will be much more gracious than what we had before since they'll be able to keep a closer eye on what's out there.

And yes, you will still be using your SYWR card and generating base points on purchases. It will be part of the coupon process as the account number is tied to the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, that's no good. They're going back to coupons but still make you get the card? Dang. Guess that means Kmart is out for me then. I don't want their 'spam Email' card.

*I also can't find the deal on the 3DS. Looked through a few pages and don't know how far back it was announced.

[quote name='vlv723']If the coupon become invalid when someone returns a game associated with it, then IMO, the delay should be out the window.[/QUOTE]

Would this require them to deduct coupon value from the return, in the event that the coupon for the game has already been used? It's not like they can stop a coupon that has already been used.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Guess that means Kmart is out for me then. I didn't want their spam card before and still don't.[/QUOTE]

If you think it's a spam card, then you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Oh no, that's no good. They're going back to coupons but still make you get the card? Dang. Guess that means Kmart is out for me then. I don't want their 'spam Email' card.
[/QUOTE]

Not smart enough to use the filter function on your email client, huh?

[quote name='salty tbone']If you think it's a spam card, then you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Read the pamphlet. You must be opted in to receive mail to earn points. That alone chased me off. If I'm going to opt out/block it then I'll get no points. What use is the card then? I had hoped when the coupon issue was resolved it would be similar to the way it was early last year. I haven't been to the store since I got a coupon with Enslaved I think.

That's too bad some fools had to ruin the entire program for us.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Read the pamphlet. You must be opted in to receive mail to earn points. That alone chased me off. If I'm going to opt out/block it then I'll get no points. What use is the card then? I had hoped when the coupon issue was resolved it would be similar to the way it was early last year. I haven't been to the store since I got a coupon with Enslaved I think.

That's too bad some fools had to ruin the entire program for us.[/QUOTE]

Shoo pest. Don't like the T's and C's to have these deals? Go to other places with mediocre deals

You know I wish I could just make a free email called [email protected] and every offer I need to sign up for that requires me getting emails would go there. I really wish that were possible, but alas since you can only ever get one email for your entire life I guess this is but a dream.

Amazon price matches everything anyway without the hassle. No cards, free shipping. Kmart was doing great until someone somehow (never looked into what happened) abused the coupons. Now we have nothing. Can't people leave good things alone?

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Amazon price matches everything anyway without the hassle. No cards, free shipping. Kmart was doing great until someone somehow (never looked into what happened) abused the coupons. Now we have nothing. Can't people leave good things alone?[/QUOTE]

Amazon does not match everything plus it's about supporting someone who supports us, SHC-Gamer and his crew to be exact. If we PM all of these deals elsewhere, guess what? The deals won't exist anymore.

Haha, my incorrect info about Bulletstorm (thank you for correcting me, everyone) seems to have distracted from my other question.

How do Kmart's service/replacement plans work? The website distinguishes between the two, but how would I figure out which type of plan it is? Specifically, I'm eyeballing a plan for the DSi XL. Thanks.

Thanks for all the informed replies on why it's going back to coupons. I've been re-edumicated! ;) Very valid reasons to change back. Just hope the dates are more user friendly or i'll be alot more selective. Last year it was prime release season and I was buying something almost every week anyway.

[quote name='Achilles00']Haha, my incorrect info about Bulletstorm (thank you for correcting me, everyone) seems to have distracted from my other question.

How do Kmart's service/replacement plans work? The website distinguishes between the two, but how would I figure out which type of plan it is? Specifically, I'm eyeballing a plan for the DSi XL. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You may actually be the first person to notice it. I never even knew they had a service/replacement plan and I've followed this thread for it's 4 iterations now.

Well Achilles00 The plan I have for my tv that I bought there, if something goes wrong, I take it to a local tv shop and everything for the repairs is free but if the tv needs fixing 3 times, then they give me a new one

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Still deciding how to attack this piece. The video game coupon offers will kind of be an extended beta.[/QUOTE]
I've always been a fan of chaining coupons same day. It was disappointing when abuse took that away, because especially at the end of the year when tons of games released on the same day, it made me be more choosy about what I got, rather than picking up all the games my heart desired.

If there will be safeguards in place to deactivate coupons when the game is returned or etc. to prevent abuse, I'd encourage chaining to come back. But that's probably not surprising, given what I've said over the last several threads. :bouncy:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Amazon does not match everything plus it's about supporting someone who supports us, SHC-Gamer and his crew to be exact. If we PM all of these deals elsewhere, guess what? The deals won't exist anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not like I'm going to BB, they suck too. I mean who actually erases your rewards after a certain time? (My bro has the card anyway, I don't.)

I just can't. Get rid of the card and I'll be there in a second. After what happened last time when I almost walked out without the game (before the card was mandatory), that left a sour impression on me. Plus the clerk said he'd get me to sign up next time, there hasn't been a next time. If SHC is really working with us then hopefully he can take this into consideration. Although I thought I read he's not affiliated with that department...

Amazon did match a release deal, that's where I got KZ3 and Bulletstorm. Thanks for not starting a flamewar too. I'm sure for some they don't have other options and Kmart is good enough. High pressure sales and cards with fine print/catches aren't my style.

Just got back from picking up Bulletstorm Epic Edition at the Rome, GA location. Had plenty of copies, and used my 25$ SYWR card to knock it down to 14 bucks and some change. :D

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Well it's not like I'm going to BB, they suck too. I mean who actually erases your rewards after a certain time? (My bro has the card anyway, I don't.)

I just can't. Get rid of the card and I'll be there in a second. After what happened last time when I almost walked out without the game (before the card was mandatory), that left a sour impression on me. Plus the clerk said he'd get me to sign up next time, there hasn't been a next time. If SHC is really working with us then hopefully he can take this into consideration. Although I thought I read he's not affiliated with that department...

Amazon did match a release deal, that's where I got KZ3 and Bulletstorm. Thanks for not starting a flamewar too. I'm sure for some they don't have other options and Kmart is good enough. High pressure sales and cards with fine print/catches aren't my style.[/QUOTE]

You seem a little sensitive... I've made gaming purchases at several (at least 5) different Kmart's and I've never felt like an associate was breathing down my neck. To be honest it's more common to not be able to find an associate.

If you want the best deal you'll shop at Kmart. I can only think of one or maybe two deals where it was cheaper to shop at Amazon, and none of them were preorders.

And what's the big deal with SYWR accounts and having to be "opted in" My girlfriend and I both have accounts and I get maybe 3-4 e-mails a month from either a Sears SYWR promo or a Kmart SYWR promo. I usually read them to see if their is anything I can take advantage of but if I didn't want to it'd take three seconds to click the box next to the e-mail and hit delete.

Jesus. I get 10x the number of e-mail from Toys R us and even more from Best Buy asking me to rate my pick up experience and "if I need help completeing my order" because I forgot to clear my cart before leaving their website.

If your biggest complaint against the deals Kmart has been having is that you find having to get a few e-mails a month annoying...

then...

WOW

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Well it's not like I'm going to BB, they suck too. I mean who actually erases your rewards after a certain time? (My bro has the card anyway, I don't.)

Amazon did match a release deal, that's where I got KZ3 and Bulletstorm. Thanks for not starting a flamewar too. I'm sure for some they don't have other options and Kmart is good enough. High pressure sales and cards with fine print/catches aren't my style.[/QUOTE]

If that's honestly your opinion that's all well and good but that starts and ends with you. Stop spreading false information like

What use is the card then? I had hoped when the coupon issue was resolved it would be similar to the way it was early last year. I haven't been to the store since I got a coupon with Enslaved I think.

That's too bad some fools had to ruin the entire program for us.

If you don't like using the card, that's a silly thing to get worked up over for saving 10/20/30 dollars on new releases, but I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money. Just don't come in here trolling for responses and spreading misinformation please.

So excited for 3DS and Crysis 2 this week. Even better it's spring break week so I'll have time to play Crysis 2 as well.

[quote name='GBAstar']
If you biggest complain against the deals Kmart has been having is that you find having to get a few e-mails a month annoying...

then...

WOW[/QUOTE]

Some people are just lazy and their laziness is more important than their money, unfortunately. Honestly the kmart/sears/whatever emails aren't even that bad, I intended to filter them but they are sent so infrequently that I haven't gotten around to it. And sometimes the kmart deals on other stuff are good too, so I do look through those ones.

Besides my biggest complaint has and always will be that the Kmart in my area only gets between 4 copies (if it is a smaller title) and 8 copies (if it is a AAA release) for launch week and doesn't restock until the following week if not later.

That means only 8 (fewer if ppl by up multiple copies) can get it on a title and once they're gone they have no hope of getting that promo whereas Best Buy seems to restock each day

I'm guessing the answer to my admittedly silly question will be a "No," but I'll ask anyways:

If I purchased Bulletstorm from K-Mart the day it was released (2/22/11, and thus got 20,000 SYWR points, which I then used on Homefront this past Tuesday), would I be able to price match the sale this week? I'm not sure of their policies concerning price match (I know Best Buy is 30 days), especially since I received SYWR points...

[quote name='dino88']I'd say 0%, since he's already admitted that the PS3 CE price drop was an oversight.[/QUOTE]

The thing is: no one is going to pay 60-70 bucks for a 6 month+ old CE of a game that is semi gow ripoff.

Since last may I have gotten on average 3 emails a month from K-Mart unless I purchased something in which I get a digital receipt, personally I think that's a silly complaint considering how much money you're saving compared to everywhere else.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I'm guessing the answer to my admittedly silly question will be a "No," but I'll ask anyways:

If I purchased Bulletstorm from K-Mart the day it was released (2/22/11, and thus got 20,000 SYWR points, which I then used on Homefront this past Tuesday), would I be able to price match the sale this week? I'm not sure of their policies concerning price match (I know Best Buy is 30 days), especially since I received SYWR points...[/QUOTE]

You cannot price match it to $40 because you got $20 in points. If you paid $60 and got no points then you can price match it to $40. Not even Best Buy would do that because it's double dipping.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You cannot price match it to $40 because you got $20 in points. If you paid $60 and got no points then you can price match it to $40. Not even Best Buy would do that because it's double dipping.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying!

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Amazon price matches everything anyway without the hassle. No cards, free shipping. Kmart was doing great until someone somehow (never looked into what happened) abused the coupons. Now we have nothing. Can't people leave good things alone?[/QUOTE]

I totally understand why you don't like discount cards. I don't like them either, but if the discount is good enough, I'll sign up for them.

What surprised me, though, is that you mention shopping with Amazon. You have to give Amazon your email address if you want to buy anything. I don't know about you, but I get tons of emails from Amazon.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']...Amazon did match a release deal, that's where I got KZ3 and Bulletstorm. Thanks for not starting a flamewar too. I'm sure for some they don't have other options and Kmart is good enough. High pressure sales and cards with fine print/catches aren't my style.[/QUOTE]

Why even come to the Kmartgamer thread just to say you get your games at Amazon and complain about the Kmart SYWR card? The deals are very good especially for new releases and you have personal contact with the one (Josh) deciding the deals. Can you say that about Amazon, Best Buy, etc?

The Kmart SYWR card is set up like every loyalty card out there (it's the trend to give you deals in exchange for some information). For example, the VIC card for the Harris Teeter grocery store. You need the card to get in on some of the weekly sales. You don't have to give out all your personal information, as I just give them the basics like a valid email address and never my date of birth, etc. Like some of the some of the others have said, it is not spam email, they just send offers you might be interested in.

[quote name='chiwii']I totally understand why you don't like discount cards. I don't like them either, but if the discount is good enough, I'll sign up for them.

What surprised me, though, is that you mention shopping with Amazon. You have to give Amazon your email address if you want to buy anything. I don't know about you, but I get tons of emails from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!, i didn't want to add to the fire so i stayed away from saying anything about the rewards card debate but have you not seen how many spam emails u get from amazon? seriously i get like 5-10 a week from them.. that alone makes all your responses seem false and just make you look like a troll... not you chiwii but the original poster...

It's entirely likely that we will no longer have to be opted in for emails once the coupons return. The emails are part of the SYWR infrastructure specifically. Gonna wait for their unveiling rather than speculate further, however.

Question for the Kmart guru: I'm really interested in the 160GB PS3 deal that includes the $50 gift card. Would this deal apply to the Killzone 3 bundle? I sure hope so!

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back