Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Picked up Madden 12 with no problem at my Kmart. I didn't see any copies of the HOF edition so I'm assuming Kmart isn't carrying it.

For anyone interested here are the expiration dates on the coupons:

$20 General Gaming Coupon: 09/04/11 - 10/15/11
$5 EA Sports Coupon - 09/04/11 - 10/29/11

I hope that helps someone[/QUOTE]

Do the coupons stack, ie can I get $25 off of Fifa 12?

[quote name='spedmunki']Do the coupons stack, ie can I get $25 off of Fifa 12?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can stack coupons as long as they are from different promotions/offers.

For example if you bought deus ex last week and received a $20 coupon and decided to save it for later and then bought Madden 12 this week and received a $20 coupon and a $5 coupon (for EA sport games only) you could essentially stack all three coupons towards another EA sports new release or $40 towards Resistance 3 and save the $5 towards another EA sports game.

The only time you can't stack coupons is if you bought 2 copies of madden and wanted to stack both of the $20 Madden coupons together toward something else.

[quote name='DomLando']Will the $5 coupon off of a $50 purchase work together with a $20 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

As long as you use it by the expiration date (which I think is Aug. 31 for the $5 off $50 one), it should. I did it last week for Deus Ex, and everything went smoothly. I am interested to hear if anyone could get the $5 off $50 coupon to work with a gaming coupon a second time under their SYWR account for Madden if they redeemed one already.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Grabbing Dead Island at GameStop for their Limited Edition. Honestly, I think the LE artwork is absolutely fantastic and I can't pass up getting it there for that reason alone. Pains me to do it, but my Special Edition fetish must be tamed.[/QUOTE]

You're buying it because of the cover of the game?

Just be weary about Dead Island. The huge marketing campaign and the Kotaku article are worrying enough, but when you realize that it's developed by the same team that brought you the Call of Juarez trilogy.. you've got a recipe for disaster.

I went to Kmart this morning at 9 for Madden NFL 12 and had my third bad experience this year.

Basically no game on shelf, no staff available in game section, and the helpful lady who found me Deus Ex last week was not there today. After waiting like 10 minutes, the usual-lazy electronics guy showed up, and I had no choice but ask him for the game. This guy always creates his own Kmart policies, such as "no gaming coupons combined", "no gift card payment allowed with game promotion", "not accepting gaming coupon when buying a pre-paid game card", etc. This time he told me a new stuff: "new games usually come in a week later." I pointed out their store circular where clearly showed Madden being in store today. He said Kmart never do game release date sale. I knew he was just too lazy to look at the storage room, so I asked for the manager, but she was not at work yet... Yeah, the store opens at 8:00am, and the manager is not on duty at 9:30am. I really don't think it is a good way to run a store in NYC, especially her staff was so untrained. Is there anyway to find a complaint?

I will try to other Kmart this afternoon and test my luck as my gaming coupons are expiring...

Back from picking up Madden. I have a feeling my coupon train is gonna end soon, and in an ugly fashion. After only getting 5-6 copies of NCAA, this Kmart only received 8 copies of Madden - total. As I was buying it, the clerk informed me that it was good that I got there before the "guy who often comes in on Tuesday and buys up all the copies of the new games".

The deals are great, but not sure it's worth driving 15 miles each way knowing that there's a decent chance that I won't even get a new release on Tuesday morning because of ridiculously low stock of AAA titles or being beat by an apparent re-seller.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It's been a while since I was couponing with Kmart - someone remind me if the PC versions of games usually get excluded? Nobody is blowing me away with a BF3 offer yet, but it's the same price as console versions now so I'm hoping it gets the same treatment.[/QUOTE]
Kmart doesn't typically carry most PC games in general. But BF3 is such a blockbuster PC release that, IIRC, Josh has said it will be one of the few he brings in (along with Rage and Skyrim, I believe.) If it's being carried, my guess is it'll be hit with the same or similar promos.

Does anyone know if there is any way to check the inventory of a local store? I call the Kmart customer service and store numbers as well as chatting with online representatives, and everyone just asks me to find out at the store...

[quote name='beene1000']As long as you use it by the expiration date (which I think is Aug. 31 for the $5 off $50 one), it should. I did it last week for Deus Ex, and everything went smoothly. I am interested to hear if anyone could get the $5 off $50 coupon to work with a gaming coupon a second time under their SYWR account for Madden if they redeemed one already.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from my local Kmart and the $5 off of $50 and $20 gaming coupon worked together on Madden, the $20 coupon and $5 off EA game coupon also printed out with no problem. I did use the $5 off $50 last week on Deus Ex, so another one did work for me this week. I just did not have a gaming coupon to combine it with. Hopefully that helps you out.

[quote name='metrostar']I went to Kmart this morning at 9 for Madden NFL 12 and had my third bad experience this year.

Basically no game on shelf, no staff available in game section, and the helpful lady who found me Deus Ex last week was not there today. After waiting like 10 minutes, the usual-lazy electronics guy showed up, and I had no choice but ask him for the game. This guy always creates his own Kmart policies, such as "no gaming coupons combined", "no gift card payment allowed with game promotion", "not accepting gaming coupon when buying a pre-paid game card", etc. This time he told me a new stuff: "new games usually come in a week later." I pointed out their store circular where clearly showed Madden being in store today. He said Kmart never do game release date sale. I knew he was just too lazy to look at the storage room, so I asked for the manager, but she was not at work yet... Yeah, the store opens at 8:00am, and the manager is not on duty at 9:30am. I really don't think it is a good way to run a store in NYC, especially her staff was so untrained. Is there anyway to find a complaint?

I will try to other Kmart this afternoon and test my luck as my gaming coupons are expiring...[/QUOTE]If you want to file a complaint about the staff at that Kmart, you can let Josh know at [email protected]. Be sure to provide the store number and/or its location.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']You must not play many bad games. The AI in Crysis 2 is no worse than the AI in the new Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

bull. i've been playing deus ex since the day it came out, and i beat Crysis 2. deus ex has perfectly fine ai. not brilliant, but it's very serviceable and works great for a stealth game.

crysis 2 is unplayable if you're going for a stealth game (and not very good as a frontal assault game either), because you're constantly 'seen' by enemies across the map, behind walls. On full assault, it's boring because enemies 'forget' about you. Or forget to get behind cover. Or kill themselves.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao this makes me want to get the game even more now :) was this the console version by any chance ?[/QUOTE]

Console, but it's been reported on every platform.

Here's an example of an enemy who keeps losing tracking:

Here are examples of an enemy with a pathfinding glitch:
(there are dozens of these on youtube)

or my favorite, the common suicide (watch to the end, it's short)

This was all very common during my playthough (on highest difficulty, playing stealthily). i saw at least 5-10 suicides, dozens of pathfinding problems, and pretty much every enemy suffered from field of vision issues. playing stealth was near pointless because you could be seen through walls from a hundred feet away... you'd be standing still and suddenly hear 'he's over there!' from a dude in a building near you.

None of this happens in Deus Ex.

[quote name='DomLando']Just got back from my local Kmart and the $5 off of $50 and $20 gaming coupon worked together on Madden, the $20 coupon and $5 off EA game coupon also printed out with no problem. I did use the $5 off $50 last week on Deus Ex, so another one did work for me this week. I just did not have a gaming coupon to combine it with. Hopefully that helps you out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that helps me out! I'll be sure to print out another $5 coupon tomorrow before I head to the store to get Madden. Thanks!

Not a Madden fan, but I looked at the heading prior to it being updated and thought i was going to get a PS3 infamous bundle w/resistance ... Oh well.

Picked up Madden at store #7169 today with no issues as usual. With all the 'horror stories' I hear on here I think my Kmart should be a model for customer service. Becky was great, knew exactly what I was talking about and had a smile on her face the whole time.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']Back from picking up Madden. I have a feeling my coupon train is gonna end soon, and in an ugly fashion. After only getting 5-6 copies of NCAA, this Kmart only received 8 copies of Madden - total. As I was buying it, the clerk informed me that it was good that I got there before the "guy who often comes in on Tuesday and buys up all the copies of the new games".

The deals are great, but not sure it's worth driving 15 miles each way knowing that there's a decent chance that I won't even get a new release on Tuesday morning because of ridiculously low stock of AAA titles or being beat by an apparent re-seller.[/QUOTE]

Do you live by harveyiscool?

[quote name='Scorch']You're buying it because of the cover of the game?

Just be weary about Dead Island. The huge marketing campaign and the Kotaku article are worrying enough, but when you realize that it's developed by the same team that brought you the Call of Juarez trilogy.. you've got a recipe for disaster.[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop version does have exclusive DLC outside of the cover, but yeah, I've not been too hyped about this game because only 1 of the 3 CoJ games have been any good and almost all of the hype for this game was generated by that trailer. I'm DEFINATELY waiting on reviews for this one and the piece on Kotaku has me worried also.

Josh,
What is the time restriction to reduce the price of Gears 3 beyond the coupon for launch week? Is it 90 days like it was by Sony for Infamous 2, or is it longer/shorter?

Reason I ask is I would like to get Gears, but only at about a $30 price point because I'm only interested in the campaign and a little bit of Horde mode. The competitive multi can go take a flying leap for all I care.

I'm just curious if that's going to be possible to get for that price on Black Friday or if I'm going to have to wait until next year. And the coupon train is out of the question as I have all the game I want this fall (Deus Ex, Batman, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, MW 3, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations) paid off in full at Gamestop through trades and promotions.

Thanks in advance.

Got Madden for $34.99 (no sales tax here in Oregon) after using the $5 off $50 coupon and the NCAA 12 $20 gaming coupon.

All my coupons printed (first time that's actually happened on the first try at this KMART, #4455), and I even got a $3 grocery coupon too. Bought some trail mix with that.

Thanks, Josh. Great deal!

@Josh: any plans on a special for a PS3 console. I am holding off on ordering from Amazon until I hear if KMart will be offering anything soon.

[quote name='polo14player']Where is the 5 off 50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

I found it through this blog post... which leads to THIS PDF on the KMART Web site. It worked flawlessly when scanned, but I did make sure the cashier scanned it BEFORE the $20 gaming coupon, as I assumed that would bring the total below $50.

[quote name='DomLando']Will the $5 coupon off of a $50 purchase work together with a $20 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]
Where did everyone get this coupon? I'm subscribed to all the SYWR emails and I don't think I got a $5 coupon, just some other useless ones

EDIT: Thanks to the poster above!

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider my Gamestop Dead Island pre-order cancelled. Thanks for the awesome deal, Josh. Sorry if this has been asked—and if so, if anyone can direct me to the answer, I would much appreciate it—but has the Gears of War 3 deal been announced yet?

[quote name='sampyle']Consider my Gamestop Dead Island pre-order cancelled. Thanks for the awesome deal, Josh. Sorry if this has been asked—and if so, if anyone can direct me to the answer, I would much appreciate it—but has the Gears of War 3 deal been announced yet?[/QUOTE]
Gears will be soon, should be very solid.

[quote name='jgiovanni']@Josh: any plans on a special for a PS3 console. I am holding off on ordering from Amazon until I hear if KMart will be offering anything soon.[/QUOTE]
Sony deals may be soft for about a month as they wanted to focus on the new price point than adding any other value. It will definitely heat up though probably Oct.-Dec.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Josh,
What is the time restriction to reduce the price of Gears 3 beyond the coupon for launch week? Is it 90 days like it was by Sony for Infamous 2, or is it longer/shorter?

Reason I ask is I would like to get Gears, but only at about a $30 price point because I'm only interested in the campaign and a little bit of Horde mode. The competitive multi can go take a flying leap for all I care.

I'm just curious if that's going to be possible to get for that price on Black Friday or if I'm going to have to wait until next year. And the coupon train is out of the question as I have all the game I want this fall (Deus Ex, Batman, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, MW 3, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations) paid off in full at Gamestop through trades and promotions.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Microsoft is usually 30 days on their titles, however best deals on it will most likely be Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Like last year when you saw Reach and Fable at 29-39 at every retailer during that time, same program this year.

Josh, since Star Fox 64 3D technically releases on a Friday (9/9), should we assume that its deal won't go into effect until the following Sunday, lasting 9/11-9/17?

Picked up :ps3: Eyepet for a cool $10. Thanks for the great deals Josh.

My visit to store 9416 went smoothly. Unfortunately, I noted a dozen customers come to the video game department for Madden but left empty handed. The incompetent electronics lead kept shooing the customers away spewing some bullshit about how "it didn't come in the truck". What bothered me the most is that I was there at 3 PM so countless others were most likely told the same thing earlier in the day.

[quote name='metrostar']I went to Kmart this morning at 9 for Madden NFL 12 and had my third bad experience this year.

I will try to other Kmart this afternoon and test my luck as my gaming coupons are expiring...[/QUOTE]

Which store in NYC? I'm asking because I never have a problem with the people in the department at Penn Station or Astor Place. Even if they don't know, they don't fight me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Gears will be soon, should be very solid.[/QUOTE]

Hey, with all your other awesome deals, that's good enough for me. I'll cancel my Gears pre-order as well. Thanks for the response.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nope, Microsoft is usually 30 days on their titles, however best deals on it will most likely be Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Like last year when you saw Reach and Fable at 29-39 at every retailer during that time, same program this year.[/QUOTE]

When you get a chance..check emails plz

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, since Star Fox 64 3D technically releases on a Friday (9/9), should we assume that its deal won't go into effect until the following Sunday, lasting 9/11-9/17?[/QUOTE]

I second this.

I guess im missing something, people thanking Josh for a Dead Island deal but I see nothing posted and looking forward to see what the resistance deal is.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I guess im missing something, people thanking Josh for a Dead Island deal but I see nothing posted and looking forward to see what the resistance deal is.[/QUOTE]I'd have to look to find the exact post, but I think Josh confirmed that Dead Island would have a $20 coupon, and he might (again, I'd have to find where he said this) have said that Resistance 3 would have the same.

EDIT: Found it--yes, he confirmed a $20 coupon for both: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8807032&postcount=6008

[quote name='Widowmaker636']Hey Josh any deal for bodycount. It came out today & I don't even see it listed on your new release list for deals. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Oh it came out already? lol...

[quote name='Widowmaker636']Hey Josh any deal for bodycount. It came out today & I don't even see it listed on your new release list for deals. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
We did not carry it in the stores, sorry bud.

[quote name='DPsycho']I second this.[/QUOTE]
The deal will start Friday but will go through the following Saturday.

[quote name='dennisb407']When you get a chance..check emails plz[/QUOTE]
Every Thursday and Friday for me now, sorry it is not quicker. Until I stop traveling back and forth from Troy, MI to Chi Town its the only pace I can manage.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal will start Friday but will go through the following Saturday.[/QUOTE]Cool, thanks for the info, Josh.

So to be date-specific, the deal for Star Fox 64 3D will run 9/9-9/17?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Every Thursday and Friday for me now, sorry it is not quicker. Until I stop traveling back and forth from Troy, MI to Chi Town its the only pace I can manage.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. Appreciate it

Thanks for the quick response, Josh. Looks like I won't miss out on Star Fox by being in a KMart-vacant part of the country next week after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back