KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That is not his question.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I just lump all the butthurt people together and assume that's their question.

[quote name='almasy82']SHC Gamer
I would like a little clarification could I purchase 2 call of duty 3 and get 2 discounted points cards on one transaction? If so would I be able to do 2 call or dutys + 2 point cards - $20 preexisting coupon and recieve the 35/15 bonus? I know that point cards don't count towards the total, but I am unsure as to what the $20 coupon would attach to (point card or game). Still confusing when I read that question back but it is what I need to ask... :) cheers[/QUOTE]

I'll try and parse the language so that it's clearer for SHC.

What he is essentially asking is this: If I use a $20 coupon to purchase two copies of MW3 and two XBL point cards, will I still receive the $50 coupon?

In other words, because two copies of MW3 cost $119.98, and XBL points cards are not counted in the $110/$50 promotion, will Kmart subtract the $20 coupon from the two MW3s, thereby bringing the software total down to $99.98, or will they subtract the $20 coupon from the two XBL point cards, thereby keeping the software total at $119.98.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
LOL.
The question is if the 20 dollar coupon will deduct from the software total, which will effectively reduce your coupon from 50 to 15. However since the 20 dollar coupon is useable on Live/point cards, the computer in an ideal world will calculate everything as it should.
But since Josh may be dodging the question (it's possible he's missed it I suppose) I would say he has no idea how it's going to work.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Fair enough :)[/QUOTE]

@SHC-Gamer:

Is it possible to get the $50 coupon if you buy CoD: MW3 Hardened Edition (MSRP $99) + another $20-30 game?

I'm assuming Kmart will carry CoD: MW3 Hardened Edition. Maybe I should pre-order it, but I don't think Kmart do pre-orders....

OK there seems to be a lot of the same questions so here is the breakdown.

If you spend $40-$109.99 PRETAX during the week, you get a $15 coupon.

If you spend $110 or more PRETAX you'll get $50 worth of coupons. A $15 coupon and a $35 coupon.

Point cards do not count toward the total, and you only get 1 discounted point card per transaction with MW3.

You can buy 2 $59.99 games to qualify for this offer, so if you buy 2 copies of MW3 or MW3/Skyrim for example you are set.

If you plan on using a current coupon for your transaction, you'll probably need to buy another game to compensate as the coupon lowers to total cost of your transaction. So basically, 2 copies of MW3 = $119.98 before taxes. If you used a $30 batman coupon, your total becomes $89.98. In that case you'd have to spend another $21 in games or accessories to bump up your total to get the full $50 worth of coupons.

For those concerned about no individual coupons for games like MW3, it is an issue with MAP restrictions with the publishers. In short, they don't want any coupon/giftcard deals reducing the value for their games. The $110/$50 deal was neccessary to compensate for this or else you wouldn't get anything.

[quote name='gamingdroid']@SHC-Gamer:

Is it possible to get the $50 coupon if you buy CoD: MW3 Hardened Edition + another $20-30 game?

I'm assuming Kmart will carry CoD: MW3 Hardened Edition. Maybe I should pre-order it, but I don't think Kmart do pre-orders....[/QUOTE]

Yes. The Hardened Edition is still a game so it qualifies. So long as your total pretax and after any coupons is above $110 you are set. Keep in mind that the Hardened Edition will be very limited. Josh has stated only 1-2 may be given per store. Kmart doesn't do preorders at this time so its just a case of the early bird gets the worm (supposing the workers take the time to put it out for sale).

Josh, I'll point out the key differences which I think are very important seeing how people are reacting now vs the last time a similar deal was ran:

1. Last time there was a buy MK and/or Portal 2 and get half off a $20 PSN/XBLA points card. Also those $20 cards counted towards the total you needed to spend ($120) to trigger the $60 coupon. As we've been told that is not the case this time around.

2. I see many people saying that you have to spend $110 after coupons this time. I'm almost certain this is not how it worked last time. This is not how it has ever worked. Until now. Which is off putting to anyone who has a coupon and is waiting to use it.

Now on point 2 I could be mistaken but when I type something out I try to make sure it's accurate so I looked at the blog for that last deal and it says: "Using SYWR points, gift cards, or gaming coupons do not decrement the total towards the coupon trigger amounts"

Now I'm not the brightest guy in the world but I believe that is saying that you can use coupons and such, taking the total below the amount necessary for the $60 coupon, but you'd still get the $60 coupon?

And this is too rambling so I'll just stop now but basically that's the problem with then deal vs now deal.

This isnt to criticize. I'm getting in on it one way or another. I'm just trying to point out why people were crazy about the last deal but not so much this time. Hope it helps.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh, I'll point out the key differences which I think are very important seeing how people are reacting now vs the last time a similar deal was ran:

1. Last time there was a buy MK and/or Portal 2 and get half off a $20 PSN/XBLA points card. Also those $20 cards counted towards the total you needed to spend ($120) to trigger the $60 coupon. As we've been told that is not the case this time around.

2. I see many people saying that you have to spend $110 after coupons this time. I'm almost certain this is not how it worked last time. This is not how it has ever worked. Until now. Which is off putting to anyone who has a coupon and is waiting to use it.

Now on point 2 I could be mistaken but when I type something out I try to make sure it's accurate so I looked at the blog for that last deal and it says: "Using SYWR points, gift cards, or gaming coupons do not decrement the total towards the coupon trigger amounts"

Now I'm not the brightest guy in the world but I believe that is saying that you can use coupons and such, taking the total below the amount necessary for the $60 coupon, but you'd still get the $60 coupon?

And this is too rambling so I'll just stop now but basically that's the problem with then deal vs now deal.

This isnt to criticize. I'm getting in on it one way or another. I'm just trying to point out why people were crazy about the last deal but not so much this time. Hope it helps.[/QUOTE]
The system hasn't changed actually from Easter, if someone can show they received a coupon after devaluing their purchase below a threshold I would be actually very happy as this is definitely not what the system is telling me/us. Have to remember prior to the easter promotion we had very little coupons out there. It was points based for the first part of the year.

For the points issue, one of the lesson's learned is that many people wiped the cards clean for resale which made that part of the deal unprofitable and was not approved for this go around.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The system hasn't changed actually from Easter, if someone can show they received a coupon after devaluing their purchase below a threshold I would be actually very happy as this is definitely not what the system is telling me/us. Have to remember prior to the easter promotion we had very little coupons out there. It was points based for the first part of the year.

For the points issue, one of the lesson's learned is that many people wiped the cards clean for resale which made that part of the deal unprofitable and was not approved for this go around.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I definitely cant verify it myself because as you said there were few coupons around then and I got in on the deal but did not use any coupons on the purchase. The way I thought it would work though is that your total would reach $120 and that was that. It would trigger the coupon. At that point you could throw in any coupons you had taking it under the $120 and you'd still be ok. Can anyone verify how that worked last time? Is that incorrect?

I would say that if it does not work and youre upset that you cant use your Batman/other coupon you currently have I think thats definitely a valid concern, but lets be realistic. That Batman coupon is good through December 3rd. So save it, get in on this deal if you need to without using your coupons, and use it later. There's plenty of time.

Edit: Yeah that's true maybe there basically werent any actual valid gaming coupons at that time as it was SYWR based then.

I will probably buy a couple cheaper games that I've been wanting for a while so I can use my coupon(s) and still finish over $110.

Thanks Josh for the offer.

Josh I know I didn't mention it but I have to say I am very excited about this deal. As the games I am buying are mainly for chirstmas presents for other people so I can buy 4 games and get 100 dolalr coupon back. I think that is a great offer and I love it.

This "coupon train" makes me queasy. From not knowing the deals until the last minute, or the fact your already aboard and have to navigate different tier'd deals. To not knowing if there will be enough stock, or the hassle from employees not/refusing to proprly stock shelves. This MW3 deal finally made me realize why. It's not a train after all. It's a Coupon Rollercoaster. Strap yourselves in because you never know what twist and turns are around the corner to through you off.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Been talking to Konami, we are still under the impression it's coming out 11-8. Our ads for it are already finished so I sure hope they didn't move it and not tell us.[/QUOTE]

IGN ran a clarification that the Feb date is for Europe only, and it's still coming out Nov. 8 for North America. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']After taxes it comes out to be more than $110, genius[/QUOTE]

Are you new to retail shopping? Taxes don't count towards minimum purchase requirements.

(At least in the US, I can't speak for the rest of the world.)

[quote name='Butatoy2008']no coupon on modern warfare 3?[/QUOTE]

Yes. A $15 one. Activision wouldn't allow a specific coupon but that week if you buy any game(s) over $40 you get a $15 coupon. That was the only workaround.

I think my only concern is the very short time the coupons from the tiered program are valid for. From the blog:

Limit 1 coupon per transaction. Limit $100 in gaming coupons per Shop Your Way Reward Member. Important: Redemption window is 11/13 through 11/23.

Eek. Coupon valid for 10 days? I get that it's so people don't combine gaming coupons with any Black Friday deals to practically rob stores, but that's quite a break from the traditional program. It's a little crazy to have this type of an offer introduced since I think many of us assumed the same program would carry throughout the year. I planned on using my $30 BAC coupon on Assassin's Creed, which I had assumed would carry about a $20 coupon, but if it's part of the similar tiered deal, then it looks like it would only be $15, with a potential expiration date of 10 days later. Pretty small window to use that coupon.

It's still a great deal if you manage it properly, it just requires a lot more effort and comparison shopping to get the most out of it. The $X off for Y game was straightforward, easy to follow, and you knew the coupons would be good for 45 days. Now waiting for unique deals brings a lot of uncertainty to it all.

[quote name='nnthomas']I apologize, I just lump all the butthurt people together and assume that's their question.[/QUOTE]

Far... Far from butthurt man, just trying to get clarification on this issue prior to the 20+ pages of complaints that will happen by next week. Normally, I am unaffected by anything with these deals but with me looking to spend over $150 or so I want to ensure I know the facts. I usually go in to my Kmart and brief the electronics employees and store mgr on these deals. I don't have to do this, I do it to streamline everything for anyone else who comes in behind me.

Maybe my question is one I will have to be the test dummy for and report back... if so cool.
Not trying to cheap out on the $110 or anything. I am just trying to buy both Cod and Skyrim which will hit $119.98 pre tax, now I am also buying a 12 mo card for $39.99 & a 4000 points card for $29.99 bringing my grand total to: $189.96 pre tax (If I find a Hardened edition then that would add an extra $50 to my total). Now, I have $10 Dew Game Coupon and $20 BF coupon. I will use that $30 to knock my total down to $159.96 pre tax. Still above the $110 mark, however the question will be: does the $30 in coupon negate the games or does it knock down the cards. If it knocks down the games then regardless of my grand total here I am at $89.98 in actual games, thus killing me for a $50 coupon back. I want to know this before I or anyone else spends 80 days with customer service or Josh gets 5000 emails the week of.

[quote name='LVBeto']Would this work:
Buy Skyrim, MW3, Xbox Live 12 Month Gold card. Use my $30 Batman coupon.

I should still get the $50 coupon, right???[/QUOTE]

Yes that will work. Skyrim + MW3 = $119.98 together. The $30 coupon has hot love with the gold card, so you are still over the $110 criteria.

Thanks for the clarification on the MGS release date. Wasnt trying to spread wrong info.

Anyone know if US version of MGS LE for ps3 comes with MGS4 also?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes. A $15 one. Activision wouldn't allow a specific coupon but that week if you buy any game(s) over $40 you get a $15 coupon. That was the only workaround.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I missed it and it was posted by a Kmart rep earlier, but are you sure Activision wouldn't allow it? It's not breaking MAP pricing since MAP stands of Minimum Advertised Price. It's advertised at $59.99, there is just a perk to buying it from Kmart. Kmart is buying games from Activision for the same price whether there is a coupon deal for consumers or not, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to prevent rewards for buying the game. Does this mean that Reward Points from Best Buy are not acquired from buying it at BB? Of course not.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For the points issue, one of the lesson's learned is that many people wiped the cards clean for resale which made that part of the deal unprofitable and was not approved for this go around.[/QUOTE]
What happened again? I'm totally out of the loop.

[quote name='berzirk']Maybe I missed it and it was posted by a Kmart rep earlier, but are you sure Activision wouldn't allow it?[/QUOTE]

It's easy to miss with all the noise.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's not a random change in rules. It's the way the system works. It's a MAP violation to offer anything direct on MW3 so we made a macro coupon offer.[/QUOTE]

To the guys complaining that they wouldn't have gotten on the Batman deal if they knew how this would play out: You mean to tell me that you don't want to get either MW3 or Skyrim for $29.99? You're more than welcome to get off the train then. To complain how that is what you're stuck with is insane. You can go back to your pre-K-Mart methods to get everything else that Josh is screwing you out of. :lol:

[quote name='ratm4eva1']That offer doesn't mean anything if I use my coupon since that doesn't go towards the dollar value. Hence, your missing my point entirely I don't care about the xbla points/live and this 50$ in coupons your talking about I wouldn't get since if I used my coupon.

I'm upset because the only reason I purchased the game from kmart was with intent to use my coupon on mw3 or/and skyrim and get another coupon which I learn after I now learn is not possible and there were no signs at the time that this would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I'll paypal you $15 for the coupon. You can put the ca$h towards MW3 ...

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']This "coupon train" makes me queasy. From not knowing the deals until the last minute, or the fact your already aboard and have to navigate different tier'd deals. To not knowing if there will be enough stock, or the hassle from employees not/refusing to proprly stock shelves. This MW3 deal finally made me realize why. It's not a train after all. It's a Coupon Rollercoaster. Strap yourselves in because you never know what twist and turns are around the corner to through you off.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the deals that Kmart have are 10x better than anyone else. Gamestop might have a dlc at times (if u preorder), but will open up and teabag your game. Walmart/Target/Bestbuy rarely have deals for individual games. Amazon will typically only have a $5-$10 giftcard if they aren't trying to match Kmart deals. The reason why people find the rollercoaster hard to resist is because no other retailer compares when things go right. You get X off 1 title, and be able to get Y off another. That just can't be beat.

The reality though is Kmart can't have a deal on every game, and when dealing with certain publishers it can be hard/impossible to get done. People right now are complaining that MW3 doesn't have its own coupon which is not Kmart/Josh's fault. Activision did not want any affiliated coupon/giftcard deals with their game. That is why no retailer has a specific MW3 deal, not even Amazon. Sometimes, as we have seen, some deals are cancelled because the publisher was not willing to provide the shipment of the title or proper concessions to allow a coupon deal. It sucks, but happens.

[quote name='chriscolbert']To the guys complaining that they wouldn't have gotten on the Batman deal if they knew how this would play out: You mean to tell me that you don't want to get either MW3 or Skyrim for $29.99? You're more than welcome to get off the train then. To complain how that is what you're stuck with is insane. You can go back to your pre-K-Mart methods to get everything else that Josh is screwing you out of. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thats why I laugh. Call of Duty games especially don't drop in price very fast. I mean MW2 still is $29.99 after being out for ages. To get it that cheap at launch day is tremendous deal. What is the alternative? Pay MSRP for Batman at another retailer with nothing at all to show for it outside of maybe a DLC if you preordered it. Then if you had a coupon prior to getting Batman, you'd get Batman for cheaper than anywhere else, and get MW3/Skyrim for 50% off. Thats a win win no matter what.

I'm not sure how to respond to the MW3 offer but here it goes...

The MW3 deal by itself is a very good deal but it sucks hard if you don't have an interest in MW3 or have coupons from previous offers. The fact that MW3's MAP restrictions are negating Skyrim's stand-alone offer sucks. Maybe I'm in the wrong and Skyrim is also MAP restricted. If it isn't, then my point stands. If it is, then I'm just bitching.

As for myself, my coupon train has been derailed. I had planned on using the Batman coupon on Skyrim and then using that coupon on Saint's Row 3. I'll probably end up using the Batman coupon on Skyrim and look elsewhere for a deal on SR: The Third.

Some of us forget that Kmart is in the business of making money and not cartering to a niche crowd. I'm sure that Justin Beiber has sold millions of records worldwide. Yes, I said it... MW3 is Josh's Justin Beiber. Long live Justin Beiber!!!!

[quote name='rawrker']Yes. The Hardened Edition is still a game so it qualifies. So long as your total pretax and after any coupons is above $110 you are set. Keep in mind that the Hardened Edition will be very limited. Josh has stated only 1-2 may be given per store. Kmart doesn't do preorders at this time so its just a case of the early bird gets the worm (supposing the workers take the time to put it out for sale).[/QUOTE]

ah, thanks!

Anyone confirm that the two $15 + $35 coupon will be able to use together for one game in one transaction?

I wasn't going to get Modern Warfare 3 new either, but the extra $35 coupon essentially makes it $24.99 for MW3, which is $5 more than I was gonna pay for it anyway. $5 to get it 18 months earlier than I probably would've been able to find it for that $20 price is worth it to me.

It should also be pointed out that the 110/50 could work out very well with the updated clearance list Josh will be getting.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

[quote name='gamingdroid']ah, thanks!

Anyone confirm that the two $15 + $35 coupon will be able to use together for one game in one transaction?[/QUOTE]

Yes if they all have different offer/bar codes

Almost forgot, the Kmart I went to to get BF3 also had the new 007 Goldeneye game on the shelf, although I didnt purchase it, that thing is $60 for some reason

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Thanks for the clarification on the MGS release date. Wasnt trying to spread wrong info.

Anyone know if US version of MGS LE for ps3 comes with MGS4 also?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it does not. It just comes with MGS 2-3-PW and the artbook.

[quote name='berzirk']Maybe I missed it and it was posted by a Kmart rep earlier, but are you sure Activision wouldn't allow it? It's not breaking MAP pricing since MAP stands of Minimum Advertised Price. It's advertised at $59.99, there is just a perk to buying it from Kmart. Kmart is buying games from Activision for the same price whether there is a coupon deal for consumers or not, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to prevent rewards for buying the game. Does this mean that Reward Points from Best Buy are not acquired from buying it at BB? Of course not.[/QUOTE]

According to Josh, they are restricting such deals to be added on. Again, check out ever retailer who is carring MW3 and you'll notice no deals for the title. Reward Points aren't viewed as gift cards, much like SYWR points are not. It doesn't make too much sense, but there are publishers who do this. Activision knows this title will sell without any deal and are trying to capitailize on that fact. I'm sure Josh can give specifics as to what they said and the problems that occured in making a deal.

[quote name='emg28']As for myself, my coupon train has been derailed. I had planned on using the Batman coupon on Skyrim and then using that coupon on Saint's Row 3. I'll probably end up using the Batman coupon on Skyrim and look elsewhere for a deal on SR: The Third.[/QUOTE]
Buy Skyrim and get the $15 coupon (so dont use your Batman coupon on it if necessary) then use both the $30 Batman + $15 Skyrim coupons on Saints Row.

Just thought I would add a couple more thoughts about the 110/50 deal.

I just want to say that it's too bad there isn't a t-shirt giveaway this time because anyone complaining about this deal really deserves a punch in the face. I get that everyone is used to the coupon train and all that by now, I really do, but publishers' restrictions are publishers' restrictions, and Josh brought back a variation of one of this year's most popular deals to compensate for that and this is how we reward him?

I personally won't be taking advantage of this deal this time around, but that's more because I don't give a crap about MW3 or Skyrim. For those who do partake, its an amazing deal. Get any recent release you may have passed on or maybe a deep discount on a couple of the next week's releases. So you can't use your Batman coupon, its not like it isn't good on every other game in the store. It's still half off a full-priced game, far and away better than any other deal in the industry. Plus that coupon is still active into December I believe.

For what it's worth, I feel like the biggest reason this has all blown up is that last time (April?) the coupons had only just returned and that's probably why no one had an issue about not being able to use them before.

Josh, I still think you are doing a great job, you can't keep everyone happy all the time but I do think the vast, mostly silent, majority of us really appreciate the effort. Complainers can go pay full price for everything at some other store.

[quote name='berzirk']I think my only concern is the very short time the coupons from the tiered program are valid for. From the blog:

Limit 1 coupon per transaction. Limit $100 in gaming coupons per Shop Your Way Reward Member. Important: Redemption window is 11/13 through 11/23.

Eek. Coupon valid for 10 days? I get that it's so people don't combine gaming coupons with any Black Friday deals to practically rob stores, but that's quite a break from the traditional program. It's a little crazy to have this type of an offer introduced since I think many of us assumed the same program would carry throughout the year. I planned on using my $30 BAC coupon on Assassin's Creed, which I had assumed would carry about a $20 coupon, but if it's part of the similar tiered deal, then it looks like it would only be $15, with a potential expiration date of 10 days later. Pretty small window to use that coupon.

It's still a great deal if you manage it properly, it just requires a lot more effort and comparison shopping to get the most out of it. The $X off for Y game was straightforward, easy to follow, and you knew the coupons would be good for 45 days. Now waiting for unique deals brings a lot of uncertainty to it all.[/QUOTE]I just realized today that Skyward Sword (which should hopefully have its own deal...right, Josh? :)) falls in that redemption window, so you could feasibly continue your coupon train if you use the $50 in coupons wisely--since it's split into a $15 and $35 set of coupons, you could plan on using one on Skyward Sword (you couldn't use both due to it being $49.99) and use the other the week of 11/13.

Of course, if you have no interest in Skyward Sword (and if so, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. :hot:), then your train will end early.

Josh, I hope you or Mark got my email ("Purchase Plan Dilemma") and can help me out; otherwise I'll have to continue thinking long and hard about how to structure my next few Kmart purchases (though I do that anyway, so... :lol:).

EDIT: [quote name='ShockandAww']Buy Skyrim and get the $15 coupon (so dont use your Batman coupon on it if necessary) then use both the $30 Batman + $15 Skyrim coupons on Saints Row.[/QUOTE]Depending on the deal for the week of 11/13, it might be better if he waits to get both Skyrim and SR3 that week to save money instantly and use the $30 Batman coupon.

For instance, if the deal is (again, I'm speculating here) "Buy two select PS3/360 games, get $40 off", then both games would be just under $80 before tax, and he could use the $30 Batman coupon to bring it down to $50 before tax. That would be crazy--getting two brand-new AAA releases for about $25 each.

By comparison, if he did as you suggested, he'd pay $59.99 and then another $14.99 (both before tax) to get both games. That's an additional $25. :bomb:

Obviously it will depend on the actual deal, but hopefully you see my point.

[quote name='salty tbone']It should also be pointed out that the 110/50 could work out very well with the updated clearance list Josh will be getting.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this. I haven't read the thread since yesterday afternoon and figured that it would take me 10 minutes to figure out if that list had been posted yet.

For anyone taking issue with Josh's efforts/deals, I think the fact that this thread moves at the speed of light and has a gazillion views is indisputable proof of the sea change Josh has provoked in the way gamers view kmart.

[quote name='Vigilante'] Of course, if you have no interest in Skyward Sword (and if so, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU. :hot:), then your train will end early.[/QUOTE]

Haa haa. I'm the one guy who hated Oblivion. Rented it two different times and I just found it clunky, dull, and cliched. I like RPGs, but for whatever reason that one didn't do it for me.

Regarding Josh's post about MAP violations, thanks for pointing it out. I had missed that. I'm just stunned that Activision would consider a coupon that would be used on any future title by the consumer to be in violation of that. Baffled in fact. They will sell the same number of copies at the same price per unit to Kmart. If Kmart decides to do a promo where left handed eskimos get it for free, it shouldn't violate MAP. That's why sometimes those sites make you add an item to your cart to see the price. It's a way of going around the MAP since you're not advertising the lower price. Makes much more sense why COD games are still so expensive years after they came out. Nazi Germany...err...Activision, must have price controls set on their old games too.

I dunno, part of my job is in the PC gaming peripheral business, so this type of bullying on MAP has me stunned. I'm also the only person on the planet who doesn't give a damn about COD (it's a lonely planet I live on), so it's a pity to see Activision be the cause for the odd work-around promos. One more reason to hate that franchise I suppose.

Edit-Oh hell...I screwed up the quoting. Oh well, don't care enough to fix it. Heh. Sorry.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Buy Skyrim and get the $15 coupon (so dont use your Batman coupon on it if necessary) then use both the $30 Batman + $15 Skyrim coupons on Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

I like to think that I would've eventually figured that out. :)

Found the last BF3 LE today. Went to a Kmart up the road a little and there it was. If you couldnt find an LE chances are the employees bought them because when I walked in to the electronics department there was an employee buying a copy of the game, also well aware of the coupon deals. When I checked out the two employees were contemplating whether my purchase with my $30 coupon would 'spit out' another coupon.

Bobby Nodick knows that ten gazillion people will buy Modern Warfare even if it's $100, so he feels confident in using price fixing to make sure CoD games stay high as long as possible. It's good business, I suppose, in the same way that Cutler Beckett going after poor Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann was also good business. :(

[quote name='emg28']I like to think that I would've eventually figured that out. :)[/QUOTE]Before you decide to do that, don't forget that the deal for the week of 11/13 might reduce your out-of-pocket cost further, as I said in my last post concerning your situation (I changed the pronouns around so you can interpret it as me speaking to you :)):

[quote name='Vigilante']Depending on the deal for the week of 11/13, it might be better if [you] wait to get both Skyrim and SR3 that week to save money instantly and use the $30 Batman coupon.

For instance, if the deal is (again, I'm speculating here) "Buy two select PS3/360 games, get $40 off", then both games would be just under $80 before tax, and [you] could use the $30 Batman coupon to bring it down to $50 before tax. That would be crazy--getting two brand-new AAA releases for about $25 each.

By comparison, if [you] did as [ShockAndAww] suggested, [you]'d pay $59.99 and then another $14.99 (both before tax) to get both games. That's an additional $25. :bomb:

Obviously it will depend on the actual deal, but hopefully [you and ShockAndAww see] my point.[/QUOTE]

I went to my Kmart (Durham, NC) store to buy Disney Universe. I was told to take it up to the front registers instead of buying it there in the department. There was a sign in front of the game promoting the $15 coupon that came with buying it. I purchased the game using the $30 coupon I received from buying Batman: Arkham City. However, my $15 coupon did not print out.

The customer service woman tried to be helpful but herself and the manager she called over were quick to go over the list of way that I had probably messed it up. Didn't use my SYWR card? I did, it's on the receipt. It wasn't in the weekly ad? Didn't matter cause there was a sign in the department in front of the game. They then told me that I can't get a coupon on a purchase when using a coupon. I've never had that be the case before and have in fact used coupons to buy games with coupon promotions several times before.

In short, their solution was to handwrite, in pen, on my receipt that I should get $15 off my next gaming purchase. While I appreciate the effort, I sincerely do not believe that a handwritten scribble on the top of a receipt will be honored, or if so, without great difficulty.

Anyway, i shot out an e-mail seeing if I could get an actual coupon, but it's a shame that the customer service at this store is so sorry. I always have trouble there and rarely get out of there in less than a half hour.

[quote name='Vigilante']Before you decide to do that, don't forget that the deal for the week of 11/13 might reduce your out-of-pocket cost further, as I said in my last post concerning your situation (I changed the pronouns around so you can interpret it as me speaking to you :)):[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll wait until that deal is revealed. Hopefully, it's a better deal since I don't think I can handle paying MSRP for another game so soon after paying full price for Batman: AC. Maybe I'm just crazy but whatever.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep definitely what Vigilante said. If that's going to be possible it'd be a killer deal. If.[/QUOTE]Even if the deal is "Buy 2 select PS3/360 games, get $30 off" ($10 less than my scenario), he'd only pay $60 before tax for both games, which would essentially be a BOGO, i.e. still a killer deal IMO.

It's all up to Josh either way--my hope is that $30 off would be the lower bound (technically a $15 discount applied per game) and that $40 off is closer to the actual deal ($20 discount per game). :pray:

I have a quick question, and forgive me if this is basic, or already asked,

If I pick up Mw3 on the 8th, I'll get a $15 coupon, then on the 11th when I buy Skyrim it'll print off another $35 coupon that can both be stacked to buy Assassin's creed on the 15th for $10 then?

I'm sorry to ask, I love these deals, but kmart has mixed it up now with spending thresholds.

If Josh offered MW3 for $29.99 during release week, some of you would still be complaining that you couldn't use your Batman coupon towards it. Are you people trying to get him to quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back