KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
so i'm suppose to upset that i can get mw3, 4000 points and 1 year of live for like 90 bucks using my coupons, man kmart sure is shady on that one.

Anyways, thanks josh for the deals.

I would also point out last year BLOPS did not have a direct coupon. Josh made it work last year with the Points but I am sure that was not what the highers ups wanted to do. He has to do coupons...Activision says no to that so he finds a way around it. Skyrim was just collateral damage from this.

[quote name='bgame2']Ok, I'll approach this the right way. Of course it benefits Kmart. They have a business to run. People have free will to spend their money wherever they choose, but you have to know that whatever store you choose to spend that money at is benefiting from your purchase. That's the whole point of running a business - to make money, not to save money for other people.

You try to make attractive offers to get customers but you don't run your business into the ground to make customers smile. Smiles aren't currency.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I said that is because a few pages back Josh seemed upset that people were upset, acting like everything he does it special and only because he likes us gamers. This Skyrim/MW3 deal only shows that he doesn't. In my eyes, at least, but anyways that is why I said that it benefits Kmart, because I see people giving the people involved in these deals way too much credit as in Kmart is doing a special favor to us.

[quote name='tumor20']so i'm suppose to upset that i can get mw3, 4000 points and 1 year of live for like 90 bucks using my coupons, man kmart sure is shady on that one.

Anyways, thanks josh for the deals.[/QUOTE]

Oh I forgot that people only play COD on 360. There isn't even a deal for PS3, which is borderline ridiculous and unfair.

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']The only reason I said that is because a few pages back Josh seemed upset that people were upset, acting like everything he does it special and only because he likes us gamers. This Skyrim/MW3 deal only shows that he doesn't. In my eyes, at least, but anyways that is why I said that it benefits Kmart, because I see people giving the people involved in these deals way too much credit as in Kmart is doing a special favor to us.[/QUOTE]

You called the guy shady and said he stabbed you in the back. What were you expecting? And if you can't figure out how to make these deals benefit you, then there's really nothing else more to say.

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']Oh I forgot that people only play COD on 360. There isn't even a deal for PS3, which is borderline ridiculous and unfair.[/QUOTE]

Much like life. If Sony can't support him like Microsoft does, deal with it.

[quote name='salty tbone']You called the guy shady and said he stabbed you in the back. What were you expecting? And if you can't figure out how to make these deals benefit you, then there's really nothing else more to say.[/QUOTE]

Well I did have it figured out. Seeing over 20 games having coupons above the list of Skryim/MW3 in the OP, and seeing everyone saying they'll spend the $30 coupon on MW3/Skyrim without Josh saying anything, I did have it figured out. Imagine my surprise when I come here today.

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']Oh I forgot that people only play COD on 360. There isn't even a deal for PS3, which is borderline ridiculous and unfair.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha. Ridiculous and unfair is listening to your nonsense. Cry much?

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']Well I did have it figured out. Seeing over 20 games having coupons above the list of games in the OP, and seeing everyone saying they'll spend the $30 coupon on MW3/Skyrim without Josh saying anything, I did have it figured out. Imagine my surprise when I come here today.[/QUOTE]

How one responds to adversity is a great measure of a person's character. So far today, you're not doing so hot.

This deal needs clarified if at all possible and many people will stop complaining if what I think is true is actually true. I went back and read through KmartGamer 5.0 which had the Mortal Kombat/Portal $120/$60 deal. At that time using a coupon did not effect the eligibility for the $60 in coupons to print.

Meaning if it still works the same way, you can buy Skyrim + MW3, use your Batman (or any other valid coupon) and still get the $50 in coupons because you're spending over $110. It didn't matter the last time that your coupon would drop it below the $120 threshold.

Here's just an example of one post from that last deal that contradicts what's been put out so far for this deal: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8376983&postcount=1973

There are other posts basically saying the same thing. So, if Josh is correct that nothing has changed since that time, the current coupons will work along with the $110/$50 deal this time around.

So basically (I think) you can buy MW3 + Skyrim, use Batman coupon, pay $90 out of pocket for both games and a $50 coupon. If so, that is an amazing deal. If not, well that sucks but it's still a god damn $50 coupon so get over it.

[quote name='StickyWhiteSubstance']The only reason I said that is because a few pages back Josh seemed upset that people were upset, acting like everything he does it special and only because he likes us gamers. This Skyrim/MW3 deal only shows that he doesn't. In my eyes, at least, but anyways that is why I said that it benefits Kmart, because I see people giving the people involved in these deals way too much credit as in Kmart is doing a special favor to us.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand y ur being so ridiculously ungrateful. Stop bitching. ur complaining about not being able to put ur coupon towards skyrim or mw3 w/o losing out on another coupon. well. suck it up cuz otherwise, mw3 would've never had a deal otherwise. seriously? really? i understand if it was any other game that didnt have a fixed MAP (am i using that term correctly? i honestly don't know, so if someone would like to correct me, thanks :D) but for a game that wouldn't have one otherwise, u sure are bitching a lot.

i might get my friends in on this just so i can hit the 110 mark w/o having to pay much more than i wanted to

Unless it's just trolling I think some are thinking about this wrong. The cod offer is simply a discount on cards. No one else is doing much more than that because of the publisher. To make it a bit better a separate offer of the 15 and 50 worth of coupons overlaps but works with any games. It feels unreasonable to be overly upset about it, but if that just is too much for some to bear grab cod with the batman coupon and maybe a discounted card and wash your hands of it. It is what it is.

I really think everyone needs to ignore Sticky. He's obviously just trying to rile people up. Being disappointed in things not going the way you expected is one thing. He's flat out making things up though. There wasn't anything CLOSE to a better deal on Arkham City. Period. Nothing even close.

Hell, I was a little disappointed at first. Until I put the slightest bit of thought into the situation. I was going to buy Goldeneye this coming week and MW3 next week. I was planning on a $15 to $20 coupon for Goldeneye and a $20 to $25 coupon on MW3. I was a little confused at first and disappointed that the MW3 deal was different. Of course, after I put the slightest bit of thought toward the situation I realized how awesome of a deal it was. Now I can just put off getting Goldeneye for a week and pick up both with essentially a $25 coupon for each. On top of that, I get $20 off a 4000 point card? Those things are never on sale. Especially for that much.

Josh, this is an awesome deal and please just realize that some people get their kicks causing trouble on the internet. Please don't let it get to you. I promise you could have made the game free and Sticky would have found something to complain about. It's how he gives meaning to his life. His sad little life. Just ignore all that filth and concentrate on all those talking about how awesome the deals are and how much we appreciate all you guys are doing on the video game deal front. And let the numbers speak for themselves. No one else is going to have a MW3 deal that can beat this one.

I've been able to get several games I would never have been able to without Kmart this year. As a father on a tight budget, I appreciate you making it possible for me to relax with my favorite hobby after I put the kids to sleep.

Thanks again.

Yeah man, I totally hate it when I get discounts on games. It's really just an awful experience all around. Who do these people think they are? Trying to save me money. I'm completely upset about this.

Anybody happen to watch WWE Raw the other night and see the K Mart commercial? They were offering some special with the toys and WWE 12 game and I missed what it included. =(

[quote name='ShockandAww']This deal needs clarified if at all possible and many people will stop complaining if what I think is true is actually true. I went back and read through KmartGamer 5.0 which had the Mortal Kombat/Portal $120/$60 deal. At that time using a coupon did not effect the eligibility for the $60 in coupons to print.

Meaning if it still works the same way, you can buy Skyrim + MW3, use your Batman (or any other valid coupon) and still get the $50 in coupons because you're spending over $110. It didn't matter the last time that your coupon would drop it below the $120 threshold.

Here's just an example of one post from that last deal that contradicts what's been put out so far for this deal: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8376983&postcount=1973

There are other posts basically saying the same thing. So, if Josh is correct that nothing has changed since that time, the current coupons will work along with the $110/$50 deal this time around.

So basically (I think) you can buy MW3 + Skyrim, use Batman coupon, pay $90 out of pocket for both games and a $50 coupon. If so, that is an amazing deal. If not, well that sucks but it's still a god damn $50 coupon so get over it.[/QUOTE]:shock: Hot DANG, this would make the deal unmissable! I could even use one of the two coupons that make up the $50 on something the following week, save the other for Skyward Sword, and continue my coupon train! I desperately hope someone (either Josh or a CAG willing to act as a guinea pig) can verify some part of this. :hot:

Thinking of the above plan metaphorically, I'd like to imagine myself jumping off of my coupon train onto a jet plane, flying around for a little bit, and then jumping back onto the train from the jet. :razz:

a lot of ppl got modded :p
i actually wonder if that would work. were there even coupons during mk/p2 deal? i remember having pts but not coupons. hmm... if there was, then like shockandaww stated others have done, it should work... unless we get confirmation, this'll have to be tested by someone. i feel like a lot of ppl are gonna wait until skyrim comes out anyway

Some people just need to stay banned and stop trying to show up again. Especially when they're too stupid not to get caught.

Sorry for the issue again.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']a lot of ppl got modded :p
i actually wonder if that would work. were there even coupons during mk/p2 deal? i remember having pts but not coupons. hmm... if there was, then like shockandaww stated others have done, it should work... unless we get confirmation, this'll have to be tested by someone. i feel like a lot of ppl are gonna wait until skyrim comes out anyway[/QUOTE]Yeah, my concern is that I have to decide whether to buy Uncharted 3 next week and get its $20 coupon or wait to get it with Skyrim and get the $50 coupon after using my $30 Batman coupon. By the time someone can verify if you can use coupons without worry for the $110/$50 deal, it'll be too late to get in on the U3 deal. :cry:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, hadn't the coupons just come back with the 3DS launch during the MK/P2 deal? So there would have been coupons to use during that deal...

[quote name='ShockandAww']This deal needs clarified if at all possible and many people will stop complaining if what I think is true is actually true. I went back and read through KmartGamer 5.0 which had the Mortal Kombat/Portal $120/$60 deal. At that time using a coupon did not effect the eligibility for the $60 in coupons to print.

So basically (I think) you can buy MW3 + Skyrim, use Batman coupon, pay $90 out of pocket for both games and a $50 coupon. If so, that is an amazing deal. If not, well that sucks but it's still a god damn $50 coupon so get over it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like the coupons did work the last time they ran this deal. I found a couple posts in that thread where Josh even confirmed it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379530&postcount=2031
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER
I checked back a couple pages (not many, I will admit) and didn't see anything regarding it. I've been out of the loop on this thread since the 3DS launch.
What will happen if we were to use SYWR points on this deal? For some reason I thought right when the deal was announced and all the initial questions were getting asked, someone asked if they got $120 worth of games and used their points against the purchase, would they still get the coupons? And I thought Josh said yes.
I can't remember for sure though and I can't remember how many pages back the announcement was.

SHC-Gamer: Points, coupons etc. will not affect the coupons printing out or the worth of the retail value towards the amount needed for the coupons.

I have found out that items on sale however, only count as their sale price towards the triggers.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379533&postcount=2032
Originally Posted by DPsycho
You can use SYWR points and coupons on this promotion without it affecting your eligibility for the coupons. You will earn the coupons for your software (and ~$20 point card) purchase totaling $40 or $120, and after that your methods of payment don't matter. (Note that ~$50 point cards do NOT count toward the total - they were not keyed for the promotion.)

Any discounts inherent to the purchase (sale price, clearance price, saving $10 on a point card) do not add to the total. That is, a game that is usually $59.99 but on sale for $39.99 will only count as $39.99 toward your total.

SHC-Gamer: Missed this, perfect explanation.

[quote name='jcwkings']any opinions on that sony 7.1 headset that will be on sale with uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

It's a solid purchase at it's $99.99 MSRP. For $59.99, it's a steal.

One small caveat is that it does not work with disc based PS2 games for BC compatible PS3 systems.

I really hope you guys have the Skyward Sword bundle... and I could definitely use a good deal on the bundle since I don't have a motion plus remote or dongle.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, it looks like the coupons did work the last time they ran this deal. I found a couple posts in that thread where Josh even confirmed it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379533&postcount=2032[/QUOTE]

One key thing though which was mentioned when this was brought up earlier is that there were exactly ZERO active coupons during that Easter sale. The SYWR points had been used for several months while they worked out the coupon system. I think everyone was still throwing around the word "coupon" but in reality I don't think anyone posted that they actually used a coupon. All these posts say is that they would or should work, but I think at the time everyone assumed SYWR points worked the same as coupons in how it affected the transaction. Since points are viewed as a form of currency and coupons aren't, that's why that worked just fine.

[quote name='chriscolbert']One key thing though which was mentioned when this was brought up earlier is that there were exactly ZERO active coupons during that Easter sale. The SYWR points had been used for several months while they worked out the coupon system. I think everyone was still throwing around the word "coupon" but in reality I don't think anyone posted that they actually used a coupon. All these posts say is that they would or should work, but I think at the time everyone assumed SYWR points worked the same as coupons in how it affected the transaction. Since points are viewed as a form of currency and coupons aren't, that's why that worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

I thought that as well, but after seeing Josh use the word "coupon" I assumed that they did work. I did see someone else say they used a coupon. I'll look for it again and maybe they can chime in on whether it was an actual coupon or SYWR points.

Found it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8380960&postcount=2139

That's awesome that you can get two discounted $20 points/PSN cards. I thought it was limit one.

Portal 2+MK+ $40 in XBLA Points for $20.

$140 spent - $60 in coupons given plus an additional $20 savings. Awesome awesome.

Maybe if jer7583 is around and can remember the transaction, he could fill us in.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, my concern is that I have to decide whether to buy Uncharted 3 next week and get its $20 coupon or wait to get it with Skyrim and get the $50 coupon after using my $30 Batman coupon. By the time someone can verify if you can use coupons without worry for the $110/$50 deal, it'll be too late to get in on the U3 deal. :cry:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, hadn't the coupons just come back with the 3DS launch during the MK/P2 deal? So there would have been coupons to use during that deal...[/QUOTE]

i might be picking up UC3 from kmart just for the headset (pretty good price). if i do, i could prob ship u the game for cost + tax (40 +tax, so minus the coupon. that way u basically get the same deal) and if u cant use the coupon w/o worry. u could just pick up uc3 wit mw3 or skyrim or any game u might've wanted

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, it looks like the coupons did work the last time they ran this deal. I found a couple posts in that thread where Josh even confirmed it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379533&postcount=2032[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']One key thing though which was mentioned when this was brought up earlier is that there were exactly ZERO active coupons during that Easter sale. The SYWR points had been used for several months while they worked out the coupon system. I think everyone was still throwing around the word "coupon" but in reality I don't think anyone posted that they actually used a coupon. All these posts say is that they would or should work, but I think at the time everyone assumed SYWR points worked the same as coupons in how it affected the transaction. Since points are viewed as a form of currency and coupons aren't, that's why that worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

^this is wat i thought. i didnt think there was a coupon to use for mk/p2, only pts

[quote name='jcwkings']any opinions on that sony 7.1 headset that will be on sale with uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='knightsdwn']It's a solid purchase at it's $99.99 MSRP. For $59.99, it's a steal.

One small caveat is that it does not work with disc based PS2 games for BC compatible PS3 systems.[/QUOTE]

yea, its not the greatest headset, but its much cheaper than the gaming headsets a lot of ppl shell out money for and almost as effective.

[quote name='Vinny']I really hope you guys have the Skyward Sword bundle... and I could definitely use a good deal on the bundle since I don't have a motion plus remote or dongle.[/QUOTE]

they have it but it'll be limited i believe (esp considering they dont normally stock it)

Still reading through that thread. There actually were valid gaming coupons at that time and they did work for the deal. There was a Tiger woods coupon and a Need for speed shift 2 coupon. Again unless something changed after that deal, I'm almost positive it will work.

Also there was an issue with getting a free points card during that $120/$60 deal. What happened was people bought Portal 2 + Mortal Kombat and it deducted $10 from a $20 point card twice, making it free instead of half off as intended. At that point the total came to $119.98 (not the $120 normally needed to trigger the $60 in coupons). In reality though, the $60 in coupons still printed out in that case.

And if it still works the same I see zero reason to complain with this deal. You should actually be able to buy (for example) Skyrim for $29.99 + tax after the Batman coupon, and still get a $15 coupon for later use. Nobody will come close to these deals.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Still reading through that thread. There actually were valid gaming coupons at that time and they did work for the deal. There was a Tiger woods coupon and a Need for speed shift 2 coupon.[/QUOTE]

The WWE coupons from the end of March also may have been active. Reading through old threads is like a time machine. "Oh, yeah, I remember FinalBoss ..."

I think one huge concern should be availability of 4000 Point cards for this upcoming MW3 sale.
I know the Berwick PA Kmart hasn't had 4000 Point cards on the shelf for a few months now ever since the last deal that included a discount on those cards. I don't even remember what it was, just that I missed out on the deal since my store didn't have any cards in stock.

Also, if anybody is still looking, the same Berwick store still has 3 copies of Battlefield Limited Edition in stock for the Xbox 360. Didn't check PS3.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will have IT confirm tomorrow to hopefully answer all the pending questions.[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I'm hoping that something wasnt changed after that deal because of the point card issues...

[quote name='dino88']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379530&postcount=2031http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8379533&postcount=2032[/QUOTE]
Would you look at that! A post that I was involved in.

I'm happy with this deal. I get both games I want that week and get coupons from them. I had coupons that I wanted to use on them, but there are a lot of games I want the week after, so I can use them then, along with the coupons from the $110 deal. Depending on if the deal on the 14th can have coupons used towards it or not, whatever it is, I could potentially be getting couple free or damn-near free games.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']I just want to say that it's too bad there isn't a t-shirt giveaway this time because anyone complaining about this deal really deserves a punch in the face.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to catch up with the thread and wasn't going to say anything until I've read all that's been said, but I just had to jump in here and declare that I still love this reference and hope it never dies. =D

I have no plans for any of the new releases that week, but as others have suggested, I might have to go in while it's live to see what clearance items I can gather together. There is no better time to indulge in older game purchases than when the coupons can be triggered by any software purchase.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will have IT confirm tomorrow to hopefully answer all the pending questions.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah it just got real.

Thank you. The only reason I'm hanging on to my Newegg MW3 and Skyrim $47.99 preorders is I'd rather not pay $60 up front for the games. If the answer comes back that using previous coupons will not affect one's qualifying for the newer coupon promotion, I'll be there first thing on 11/08 and 11/11 giving you guys my money :D

[quote name='dino88']I thought that as well, but after seeing Josh use the word "coupon" I assumed that they did work. I did see someone else say they used a coupon. I'll look for it again and maybe they can chime in on whether it was an actual coupon or SYWR points.

Found it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8380960&postcount=2139

Maybe if jer7583 is around and can remember the transaction, he could fill us in.[/QUOTE]

I don't think i was lying, lol.

I do remember it being a stupidly awesome deal though. And i did get two points cards and got coupons back.

[quote name='Vigilante']EDIT: Now that I think about it, hadn't the coupons just come back with the 3DS launch during the MK/P2 deal? So there would have been coupons to use during that deal...[/QUOTE]

The 3DS promotion was a straight $25 off the price of a game purchased with the system. There wasn't a coupon involved in that.

[quote name='dino88']Found it:

$140 spent - $60 in coupons given plus an additional $20 savings.[/QUOTE]

I read that to mean that he earned $60 in coupons, not redeemed them.

This is the best news all night. =D While they're running tests, if it does turn out that using coupons knocks you below the threshold, please ALSO check to see whether spending $110 on software AS WELL AS applying a coupon to a point card correctly triggers the coupons (of if the coupon deducts from the "software" value first). A lot of people have been asking, and it seems like we'll only know by trying it.

Finally caught up on the thread!

If I buy a PS3 system the week of November 6th through the 12th will I get a $50 giftcard for buying a PS3 system IN ADDITION to the $50 one for spending over $110? Or are they one in the same?

[quote name='MrBlud']If I buy a PS3 system the week of November 6th through the 12th will I get a $50 giftcard for buying a PS3 system IN ADDITION to the $50 one for spending over $110? Or are they one in the same?[/QUOTE]

"Spend $110 or more in gaming software, get $50 in gaming coupons "

[quote name='DPsycho']The 3DS promotion was a straight $25 off the price of a game purchased with the system. There wasn't a coupon involved in that.[/QUOTE]Sorry, what I meant was that I thought the coupons returned at the time of the 3DS launch (for a Tiger Woods game and some other game, I think); I remember Josh saying several times that the 3DS launch was when the coupon system was planned to relaunch.

*prays intensely for good news from IT tomorrow* :pray:

Wow lots of updates since i have been in this thread.

No coupons for Skyrim, AC:Revelations, or Saints Row. :cry:

I was planning on using my 30 dollar batman coupon on Skyrim. I know id be able to get the 15 dollar coupon if i add something to skyrim it would put it over 40. Chances are it would end up being something worth 20 bucks. But the thing is i have 40 credit at amazon i can get skyrim for 20 out of my pocket. If i went with kmart id be spending probably 50.

Has Buy X get X off select games been explained? I want both AC:Revelations and Saints Row, but if there isnt going to be a good deal then i can pass on those two games.

[quote name='y0shelite']ah man....Metal Gear HD collection is gonna retail for $49.99 and skyrim will be $59.99.

damn you two cents!![/QUOTE]

Same problem I was having. I have a 30 dollar credit from Batman. So I'm going in that Tuesday and picking up MGS, BF3 and ICO. That will put me at 150...use that 30 dollar Batman credit and still be at 120 and get the 50. I'm basically getting ICO for ten bucks and still landing the 50 dollar credit for Assassin's Creed. Mwahahahahahahaha!

So basically (I think) you can buy MW3 + Skyrim, use Batman coupon, pay $90 out of pocket for both games and a $50 coupon. If so, that is an amazing deal. If not, well that sucks but it's still a god damn $50 coupon so get over it.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I said, I thought I used coupons at that time. But Josh stated that it was exactly the same in Easter as it is now, and that the use of coupons would lower the threshold and not allow the new coupons to print.

So the question is, can we use coupons to bring the cost down, because using my Batman and Battlefield coupon to get MW3/Skyrim for $70 and still get my $50 coupon would be amazing.

Can I purchase Lord of the Rings and Uncharted 3 the week of 11/8 and still receive the $20 coupon for both?

I'm thinking about doing the $110 purchase for $50 coupon so I will probably pick up LOTR, U3 and MW3 the week of 11/8 as long as I can still get the 2 X $20 coupons for LOTR and U3.

[quote name='justinhcmu']Can I purchase Lord of the Rings and Uncharted 3 the week of 11/8 and still receive the $20 coupon for both?[/QUOTE]
No the deal would "only" be the $110/$50 deal at that time. heh

[quote name='justinhcmu']Can I purchase Lord of the Rings and Uncharted 3 the week of 11/8 and still receive the $20 coupon for both?

I'm thinking about doing the $110 purchase for $50 coupon so I will probably pick up LOTR, U3 and MW3 the week of 11/8 as long as I can still get the 2 X $20 coupons for LOTR and U3.[/QUOTE]

You will only receive the $20 coupons for those two during their week of release. So between November 1st - November 5th.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It's a solid purchase at it's $99.99 MSRP. For $59.99, it's a steal.

One small caveat is that it does not work with disc based PS2 games for BC compatible PS3 systems.[/QUOTE]

I asked Ardid this question a few pages back (because he bought them). He seemed to really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back