La Pucelle Tactics $19.99 at Target (YMMV)

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING

Newington Target in CT was cleared out but I had the Target in Meriden hold one for me. Quoted me $50 for it over the store but figured I'd try my luck and it rang up for $19.99. 2 copies left in Meriden as of 7/11

sup
i just got a copy today for 19.99 an there was quite a supply of them
i was surprised seing how this sale has been going on for some time
the store was in houston on 1960 and jones so anyone around the cypress area if ur lookin for a copy thats the place to be

[quote name='JSweeney']unless everyone on the site was deadset against everything I posted, there's absolutely no way I'm going to alter my posting habits.[/quote]

It's not my goal to make you alter your posts whatsoever. My only intention was to alert you to the fact that there are others (be that a vast minority, as it may), who think you've come off as an ass in some of your posts.

Asking for forgiveness does seem really conflicting to the rest of the JSweeney-bashing post, but normally, I likely wouldn't have been so direct in my insults, since I really don't know you. What I typed was my initial reaction to your posts that I've read, and, had it not been for the aforementioned purpose of awakening you to a piece of reality you didn't know about, I would not have been so direct.

Also, I don't know Chris outside of his relation to gameforms. I am a fan of rpgamer.com and thegia.com, but I knew nothing about Chris at the time of my posting, other than what his kind of column had meant to me in the past. My comments were only spurred by a dislike of your demeanor, and a love for La Pucelle.

Anyway, your clarification of what you initially meant in insulting Chris definately makes things a bit more understandable, and less anger-inducing (I would imagine) to the post's target (and those who sympathize with him). Had you been as consructive in your initial criticism as you were in your clarification, rather than what seemed to be very arrogant and insulting, I don't think Chris would have felt the need to defend himself.

It seems as though you make people feel defensive, and while that may be because they actually do have a weakness that they're defending, being so blunt about it really doesn't help. Your bluntness makes it appear as though your goal isn't to help the person via criticism, rather that it is to draw attention to that person's flaws in a derrogitory fashion. When dealing with flaws, directness usually doesn't help, unless it's coming from a close friend or something.

Mmmmmmm yeah.

I agree completely with c. I wish there was an ignore function on these boards so that I don't have to accidentally read over anything JSweeney writes. I can't think of a single post of his where he has something positive to contribute and where he's not generally acting like an ass. He's hard to ignore too, since he posts so much and spends so much time on these boards.

Judging from your bitter attitude and your immense quantity of posts, here's a suggestion: take a break and go outside to relax, and don't spend your entire life on the computer venting your frustration on some message board.

MODERATORS: can all the off-topic stuff between endlesschris and jsweeney be deleted/taken to the off-topic forum??? please? it really doesn't belong here...

on-topic.
i saw this for 19.99 at my target and they actually had it marked on the shelf and on the game as 19.99. no price checking needed 8)

[quote name='JohnEX']MODERATORS: can all the off-topic stuff between endlesschris and jsweeney be deleted/taken to the off-topic forum??? please? it really doesn't belong here...

on-topic.
i saw this for 19.99 at my target and they actually had it marked on the shelf and on the game as 19.99. no price checking needed 8)[/quote]

After going back and rereading the thread, I agree with you completely.
I'm going back and editing it out right now.

Edit: The deed is done. All my previous posts which strayed from the topic of the converstation have been edited out.
Sorry for the distraction from the topic.

Too bad it's probably sold out at every Target location across the country.

And if it's not, let me know of some locations please.

[quote name='mdm']Too bad it's probably sold out at every Target location across the country.

And if it's not, let me know of some locations please.[/quote]

There are two sitting around all lonely at a Target in Illinois... If anyone's interested, PM me, and I'll give you the city it's in. BTW, Target also has FFX-2 for $17 until Saturday, if anyone's interested.

It's been marked 19.99 at my local Target for at least a couple weeks now, if not a month. I bought it when it dropped to $25, thinking it wouldn't last at that price, but apparently it stuck around long enough for another drop.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']It's been marked 19.99 at my local Target for at least a couple weeks now, if not a month. I bought it when it dropped to $25, thinking it wouldn't last at that price, but apparently it stuck around long enough for another drop.[/quote]

Yup. You are right ! And this is how old this thread is or maybe older :D

If the deal is still on, as in, someone knows its still in stock somewhere, then yeah, why not. If not please lock the thread. I see no harm in asking.

[quote name='nachzeher']... Must you bump a 2 month old topic?[/quote]

More like a 6 month old topic, it was started last June...

Why'd you bump up this old topic fragmanslayer? It wasn't bumped up since October. You would think that would give you some indication that it is old. Nobody is going to bump up the old $5 CC/BB sales. But still if you needed any more indication that the sale/price drop was over all you had to do was read a few pages of it.

Anyhow, I'm 99.9% sure that most Targets are sold out of this for a while now. If you want one, go to your local Gamecrazy. I know they are having a holiday sale where they are selling them for 19.99.

[quote name='slidecage']going over to gamecrazy tomorrow to see if they got any at 19.99[/quote]

I posted about it in that one 9.99 and up Gamecrazy thread.

[quote name='nikkai']CC had it at 5 bucks once a upon a time.... *sigh* =D[/quote]

I was so happy when I picked up a copy at that price but ironically, I was pretty disappointed with it and haven't really touched since I got it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wonder why La Pucelle is the only one out of the three to have dropped to 19.99 and so quickly.[/quote]

Because it was published by Mastiff.
Disgaea was an Altus Release, and Phantom Brave came directly from Nippon Ichi.

Mastiff deals with budget software, so it's likely they dropped the price to keep it in line with it's other titles.
Perhaps you're familiar with one of it's other releases... Gungrave: Overdose for the PS2.

Value City has a lot of good deals if you're so inclined to sift through their large tubs of discount games. I picked up 4 decent games there for under $35.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Value City has a lot of good deals if you're so inclined to sift through their large tubs of discount games. I picked up 4 decent games there for under $35.[/quote]

Can you tell us what some of these little nuggets of goodness could be? There is one about 45 minutes away from me.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wonder why La Pucelle is the only one out of the three to have dropped to 19.99 and so quickly.[/quote]

Because it was published by Mastiff.
Disgaea was an Altus Release, and Phantom Brave came directly from Nippon Ichi.

Mastiff deals with budget software, so it likely drop the price to keep it in line with it's other titles.
Perhaps you're familiar with one of it's other releases... Gungrave: Overdose for the PS2.[/quote]

Makes sense. I have Gungrave: Overdose and noticed that it was published by the same people. Still I wonder how much longer till Disgaea or Phantom Brave will see a price reduction.

Disgaea is one of the best games I have ever played..... Simply awesome. La Pucelle Tactics is almost as good, but not quite. I have yet to try Phantom Brave, but will do when I am sick of Disgaea!

bread's done
Back