Lack of ThOTT In This Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fart_bubble']fuck!!! I forgot how fucking hard it is to put together a fake christmas tree. One level is missing a branch and another has an extra. [/quote]
I fail to see what is so mind-bogglingly hard about that situation.

[quote name='fart_bubble']fuck!!! I forgot how fucking hard it is to put together a fake christmas tree. One level is missing a branch and another has an extra. [/QUOTE]
Do you need me to come over there and do it for you? :lol:
I put ours together without a problem. The branches should be color coded.

[quote name='6669']Do you need me to come over there and do it for you? :lol:
I put ours together without a problem. The branches should be color coded.[/quote]

You can come over and do many things.........and then maybe you can help me put the tree together. And the branches are not sorted by colors.

[quote name='6669']They are so next week, for me.[/quote]
Rice Krispie treats covered in alcohol? Is that more this week? :rofl:

[quote name='6669']Do you need me to come over there and do it for you? :lol:
I put ours together without a problem. The branches should be color coded.[/quote]
That would be why there's the issue, it's not pre-assembled. :D

Lame. I was excited about coming home from work and doing nothing but now I have to go out to VA Beach, hang out with this chick for a while(Hopefully I can get something out of it :lol:) and meet up with a buddy and have him help me pick classes. Lame...

I think the funniest thing about writing this paper is I prefer to keep Word in print layout, so the edges of the paper are visible in Word. Well, I think it's starting to get burned into my monitor cause I can definitely still see the edges of the paper when I switch to CAG.

[quote name='karsh']I think the funniest thing about writing this paper is I prefer to keep Word in print layout, so the edges of the paper are visible in Word. Well, I think it's starting to get burned into my monitor cause I can definitely still see the edges of the paper when I switch to CAG.[/QUOTE]
Plasma screen on your pc?

[quote name='Eviltude']Plasma screen on your pc?[/quote]

It's only LCD. I think it just might be something with CAG's background color, cause it immediately disappears on mostly every other site and it slowly fades away from CAG if I don't switch to the paper for awhile.

[quote name='jPoD']Just got into BU early decision. Looks like jPoD's goin' to college :)[/QUOTE]
Grats. Load up on drugs and alcohol now because you will definetley need somethin to get you through the semester. :p

I'm posting on my parents slow as hell PC since my 7 month old Dell (which was a kick ass PC) decided to have some power issues.

After spending the last thirty minutes talking to one of Dell's quality service reps (quality = non-English speaking) they've come to the following conclusion: either the motherboard or the power supply is fried, maybe both (it took me all of five minutes to reach that conclusion on my own before calling and tried to explain it to him).

So, now I'm waiting until he puts the repair order together. I guess I'll be getting a brand new power supply and motherboard. At least their warranty is good, if not their service reps.

[quote name='Eviltude']Grats. Load up on drugs and alcohol now because you will definetley need somethin to get you through the semester. :p[/QUOTE]

I dont touch drugs, but alc, maybe ;)

[quote name='captainfrizo']I'm posting on my parents slow as hell PC since my 7 month old Dell (which was a kick ass PC) decided to have some power issues.

After spending the last thirty minutes talking to one of Dell's quality service reps (quality = non-English speaking) they've come to the following conclusion: either the motherboard or the power supply is fried, maybe both (it took me all of five minutes to reach that conclusion on my own before calling and tried to explain it to him).

So, now I'm waiting until he puts the repair order together. I guess I'll be getting a brand new power supply and motherboard. At least their warranty is good, if not their service reps.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like power supply, but hey if that motherboard is free, that's pretty sweet.

[quote name='jPoD']I dont touch drugs, but alc, maybe ;)[/quote]

At least with LSD you'd be able to hallucinate about Hayden. You'd get closer to her that way.

[quote name='fart_bubble']You can come over and do many things.........and then maybe you can help me put the tree together. And the branches are not sorted by colors.[/QUOTE]
Oh, well if its not by color, then I cant help you, so I wont go over there ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Rice Krispie treats covered in alcohol? Is that more this week? :rofl:

That would be why there's the issue, it's not pre-assembled. :D[/QUOTE]
No, my finals are. I think I missed an inside joke in there. That sounds pretty nasty though :whistle2:(
My tree wasn't pre-assembled, or I dont think it was. It was really easy though.

[quote name='Moxio']Sounds like power supply, but hey if that motherboard is free, that's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

It could be the power supply, but my motherboard's power light is on so there's power going to it, which causes me to believe that it's motherboard related. However, nothing else in the computer show any signs of receiving power at all, so it could be the power supply (or even both).

Anyway, the repair man is scheduled to be here on Thursday with a new motherboard and power supply. I was really starting to get into Command and Conquer Generals too. Oh well.

[quote name='captainfrizo']It could be the power supply, but my motherboard's power light is on so there's power going to it, which causes me to believe that it's motherboard related. However, nothing else in the computer show any signs of receiving power at all, so it could be the power supply (or even both).

Anyway, the repair man is scheduled to be here on Thursday with a new motherboard and power supply. I was really starting to get into Command and Conquer Generals too. Oh well.[/quote]

Are BOTH 12volt power connectors plugged into the mobo? If not that is common and simple fix.

The only way I would ever pay anything close to that is if I go to law school and don't get into Carolina but do get into Duke.

[quote name='Z-Saber']$50k a year? Heck, my whole family doesn't even make that a year.[/quote]
I thought my school was expensive, but...damn.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought my school was expensive, but...damn.[/QUOTE]

UAT is like $20K with room and board. That's less then it would cost me to go to another state school out of state. But yeah, BU costs a pretty penny. My parents were pretty freakin happy. I've never been hit so much in my life as I was after I told my mom :p

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The only way I would ever pay anything close to that is if I go to law school and don't get into Carolina but do get into Duke.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but 50K a year for a college education is fucking ridiculous. Not even Princeton University, the best in the entire country, charges that much.

[quote name='Princeton University']"For the 2006-07 academic year, Princeton’s tuition was $33,000. When room and board charges and miscellaneous expenses are included, the yearly budget is $42,200. Actually, no undergraduate at Princeton is charged the full cost of his or her education. The last time Princeton made a detailed estimate, as part of a national study coordinated by a consortium of higher education associations in 2000, it was found that tuition covered roughly half the cost. Indeed, while no student or family pays more than about half the cost, many pay far less—as a result of need-blind admissions and Princeton’s financial aid program, which is now the most comprehensive in American higher education."

"Today, 52% of all undergraduates are receiving financial aid, with an average aid package of $30,750 (including about $2,000 in campus jobs)."[/quote]

So, you're paying even more for this place?

Boston University
"Tuition $ 33,330
Room (depending on type of accommodation) $ 6,760
Board (most dining plans) $ 3,720
Fees $ 462
Total Billed Expenses $ 44,272"

I'm sorry but that's just too much for #57 on the list on US NEWS' top 100.

EDIT: Than again, if you're loaded, than it's not a big deal. To me, of course, BU would be out of the question.

My college education was between 28k and 30k per year.

Aid package sucked, since most of the aid was loans, not scholarships.

At least work picked up the 30k total for my graduate education.

[quote name='Moxio']I'm sorry but 50K a year for a college education is fucking ridiculous. Not even Princeton University, the best in the entire country, charges that much.

So, you're paying even more for this place?

Boston University
"Tuition $ 33,330
Room (depending on type of accommodation) $ 6,760
Board (most dining plans) $ 3,720
Fees $ 462
Total Billed Expenses $ 44,272"

I'm sorry but that's just too much for #57 on the list on US NEWS' top 100.

EDIT: Than again, if you're loaded, than it's not a big deal. To me, of course, BU would be out of the question.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because #57 is SO bad. FYI my mom went to an Ivy. She doesnt make anywhere near as much as my dad. Rankings dont determine success chief.

EDIT: I DID say I dont need aid Mox ;)

Congratulations jPoD. And I just processed a Boston University TAP payment today so I got to see a tuition bill ... all I can say is that I'm happy I went to the other BU (Bloomsburg :)).

[quote name='jPoD']Yes, because #57 is SO bad. FYI my mom went to an Ivy. She doesnt make anywhere near as much as my dad. Rankings dont determine success chief.[/QUOTE]

Calm down, I'm not putting your school down by any means. I haven't been to a university so you have trumped me by all standards.

My sister went to Duke in the mid-to-late 90s and it cost her 30K a year I think.

Then she transferred to Rice and it cost less. I'm not sure how much.

I started at Southwestern University, which was 15K a semester.

That place sucked balls so I didn't stick around there too long.

[quote name='6669']Thanks guys, just rub in my face about how I wont be able to go to college. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Stop partying and get real, than.

Note to self: today is Be an Asshole Day.

[quote name='Moxio']Calm down, I'm not putting your school down by any means. I haven't been to a university so you have trumped me by all standards.[/QUOTE]

I'm kool mox. I understand what you're saying. Trust me, I know it's expensive as hell. People just get defensive (or is it offensive?) and say the school sucks isnt worth it, blah blah

[quote name='jPoD']I'm kool mox. I understand what you're saying. Trust me, I know it's expensive as hell. People just get defensive (or is it offensive?) and say the school sucks isnt worth it, blah blah[/QUOTE]

The fact you have the opportunity to get a quality education is worthy of envy itself.

See my face? It's envious.

[quote name='Moxio']Stop partying and get real, than.

Note to self: today is Be an Asshole Day.[/QUOTE]
If you pay for my college, I'll stop partying. Deal?

[quote name='Moxio']The fact you have the opportunity to get a quality education is worthy of envy itself.

See my face? It's envious.[/QUOTE]

You can get a quality educ. from any accredited state u. In state tuition is cheap. Where are you?

The great equalizer lies in the idea that sometimes it is how driven you are to be successful, and less dependent on what college you went to. Obviously a higher education helps, but those without it can go far if they work hard and know what they are doing.

Me? I want to go to grad school for my writing and see where that takes me.

[quote name='6669']Thanks guys, just rub in my face about how I wont be able to go to college. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you can, take out a loan. Also try to get top 10% in your class. You get auto-admit into ANY Texas state U. UT and TAMU as the best. Also, Trinity U. in San Antonio is a great school and with a loan, $26K shouldnt be too hard to manage.

That's why I love my college. We're actually like in the top ten as far as bang for your buck for a college. We're actually the second best university in New Jersey, not that that's saying much. I wanna say right now we cost around 15k or 17k a year. Though the state budget cuts probably will make that go up soon.

[quote name='jPoD']If you can, take out a loan. Also try to get top 10% in your class. You get auto-admit into ANY Texas state U. UT and TAMU as the best. Also, Trinity U. in San Antonio is a great school and with a loan, $26K shouldnt be too hard to manage.[/QUOTE]
It will be hard for me to get a loan, based on my family's history. At my current rate, by the time I graduate, I'll be able to afford to 2 yrs of community college. Trinity is very expensive.
$26k not hard to manage? :lol:

[quote name='karsh']That's why I love my college. We're actually like in the top ten as far as bang for your buck for a college. We're actually the second best university in New Jersey, not that that's saying much. I wanna say right now we cost around 15k or 17k a year. Though the state budget cuts probably will make that go up soon.[/QUOTE]

That would be TCNJ or The College of New Jersey. #2 behind PTon. Right?

[quote name='6669']It will be hard for me to get a loan, based on my family's history. At my current rate, by the time I graduate, I'll be able to afford to 2 yrs of community college. Trinity is very expensive.
$26k not hard to manage? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Most people procure greater than $26K a year in debt. If you wont be able to get a loan, then itll be tough. Just work hard to get into a state u. TAMU, UT, TTU, SFAU, UH, UTD are all good schools.

[quote name='jPoD']That would be TCNJ or The College of New Jersey. #2 behind PTon. Right?[/quote]

Yup. Good ol' TCNJ. It's amazing the transformation the College has made, considering not so long ago we were Trenton State College. And yup, behind Princeton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back