Lack of ThOTT In This Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']So, TRu opens at 8 tomorrow. I guess I'll be there at open before work.[/QUOTE]

Geez, this means I have to get up super ass early.

Does anyone know if Best Buy has already RECEIVED Zelda, and just can't sell it until tommorrow, or if they haven't even got it in yet? I'd love to do everything all at once tommorrow.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So can someone clue me in on what yall are talking about?[/QUOTE]I think it has something to do with jibba. Also, possibly jabba.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So can someone clue me in on what yall are talking about?[/quote]
You mean the Final Fantasy talk or the college talk?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So can someone clue me in on what yall are talking about?[/QUOTE]

I think Roufuss is gonna host a copy of the coupon for FFFIII for $20. If thats what you're trying to follow.

I've been getting the emails so I should be set toimorrow.

From my underatsnding TRU is on holiday hours so they open at 8. But I think normall they open at nine.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think Roufuss is gonna host a copy of the coupon for FFFIII for $20. If thats what you're trying to follow.

I've been getting the emails so I should be set toimorrow.

From my underatsnding TRU is on holiday hours so they open at 8. But I think normall they open at nine.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Roufuss isn't hosting it because of all the legal shit on the coupon itself, I'm not endangering the site or Cheapy, because I know the internet will mass link to CAG if I put it up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's going on at TRU that has people going at store opening?[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy 3 is $20 with the coupon
Final Fantasy 12 is $25, also with the coupon

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's going on at TRU that has people going at store opening?[/QUOTE]
FFIII - $19.99
FFXII - $24.99

Tomorrow only, with coupon. Store opening? Probably because they got other shit to do during the day.

[quote name='Roufuss']Final Fantasy 3 is $20 with the coupon
Final Fantasy 12 is $25, also with the coupon[/quote]
What do these magical coupons do? I have no need since I got FFXII at launch.

So you already got the coupon e-mail Roufuss? (Just checked and I don't have it yet.) I'll probably pop by my TRU at around 10 - assuming I get the e-mail - and if they are sold out, so be it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What do these magical coupons do? I have no need since I got FFXII at launch.[/QUOTE]
:dunce:

TRU will sell you those games at the price listed, with the magic coupon.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What do these magical coupons do? I have no need since I got FFXII at launch.[/QUOTE]

They just mark each game down by 50%, is all.

I'm getting there at store opening because these games are still hot on Ebay and can sell for close to retail, so expect hoarders to swoop on them like nobody's business.

Wubb - That website that is hosting the coupons, fundsee, fucked up earlier today and had tommorrow's coupons in addition to today.

I have them printed out and ready to go, they took them off for now though. I have FOUR emails signed up with TRU and have yet to receive shit.

I just don't think it's a good idea plastering them around CAG, I'm sure you can agree having seen the coupons yourself.

[quote name='zewone']:dunce:

TRU will sell you those games at the price listed, with the magic coupon.[/quote]
I know how a fucking coupon works. I wanted to know if it was some kind of sale or not behind it.

[quote name='Roufuss']They just mark each game down by 50%, is all.

I'm getting there at store opening because these games are still hot on Ebay and can sell for close to retail, so expect hoarders to swoop on them like nobody's business.[/quote]
Okay, thanks for actually answering the question.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know how a fucking coupon works. I wanted to know if it was some kind of sale or not behind it.

Okay, thanks for actually answering the question.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's a one day only sale.

Apparently TRU is having coupons for the next 12 days leading up to Christmas.

Today was the Guitar Hero 2 bundle for $60.

Tommorrow is FF 3 and FFXII at 1/2 off.

Thursday and beyond, no one knows.

I originally sold my used FFXII for $40 on Ebay, sealed ones are still getting really close to retail so this is like a hoarders dream come true.

The coupon says one per customer, but you know how those things work. I'd pick up an extra to sell but I'm happy just getting my two games... hopefully. TRU are dicks.

Yeah I have fundsee bookmarked for tomorrow in case the e-mail is a no show. Though I printed them today from fundsee as a test and they didn't put my name on the coupons and with my luck I could see my TRU having a problem with that.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah I have fundsee bookmarked for tomorrow in case the e-mail is a no show. Though I printed them today from fundsee as a test and they didn't put my name on the coupons and with my luck I could see my TRU having a problem with that.[/QUOTE]

But if you just received them through the email, how would your name get printed on the coupons regardless...?

This is going to be a fucking disaster, I know it, I hate TRU so very much. I have stopped shopping there altogether but I can't resist this sale.

[quote name='Roufuss']For all the shit Shrike gets on here (joking and non joking) the guy is a lifesaver when it comes to fixing trades gone wrong.

If it wasn't for him I'd still probably not know what to do at all. Shrike called every shot with 100% accuracy.

I know he'll come on here and say "I told you so".[/quote]

Are you kiddin'? I have nothing but good things to say about Shrike except for his whole 'I wanna see you fail' attitude.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, it's a one day only sale.

Apparently TRU is having coupons for the next 12 days leading up to Christmas.

Today was the Guitar Hero 2 bundle for $60.

Tommorrow is FF 3 and FFXII at 1/2 off.

Thursday and beyond, no one knows.

I originally sold my used FFXII for $40 on Ebay, sealed ones are still getting really close to retail so this is like a hoarders dream come true.

The coupon says one per customer, but you know how those things work. I'd pick up an extra to sell but I'm happy just getting my two games... hopefully. TRU are dicks.[/quote]

Interesting way to do things. I'd be more interested if I had money to spend and liked to use coupons.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Interesting way to do things. I'd be more interested if I had money to spend and liked to use coupons.[/QUOTE]

I'd be more interested if I didn't:

1) Think TRU is a shitty excuse for a company with 95% moron employees
2) Know they will somehow fuck this coupon up requiring me to get a manager to fucking spell it out for them what to do
3) Require me to go to two or three TRU's just to find a store to take the damn thing
4) I hate TRU so much I won't even shop there for b2g1 free

Let's recap: I hate TRU, I've boycotted the store for over a year, I know this experience will be one big shitty experience. I'm happy that I get to play both FF's for cheap and saddened that I have to support one of the worst retail chains in the US.

[quote name='Roufuss']Let's recap: I hate TRU, I've boycotted the store for over a year, I know this experience will be one big shitty experience. I'm happy that I get to play both FF's for cheap and saddened that I have to support one of the worst retail chains in the US.[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you legitimately... what stores do you NOT hate Roufuss?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd be more interested if I had money to spend and liked to use coupons.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hate coupons. All they do is make deals better and items cheaper. fuck them.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'd be more interested if I didn't:

1) Think TRU is a shitty excuse for a company with 95% moron employees
2) Know they will somehow fuck this coupon up requiring me to get a manager to fucking spell it out for them what to do
3) Require me to go to two or three TRU's just to find a store to take the damn thing
4) I hate TRU so much I won't even shop there for b2g1 free

Let's recap: I hate TRU, I've boycotted the store for over a year, I know this experience will be one big shitty experience. I'm happy that I get to play both FF's for cheap and saddened that I have to support one of the worst retail chains in the US.[/quote]
You win. :lol: I've never had a problem with TRU.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Let me ask you legitimately... what stores do you NOT hate Roufuss?[/QUOTE]

There is a difference to me between disliking a store's practices, but still shopping there, and absolutely refusing to shop in a store.

So far, the small list of stores I won't shop in unless an amazing deal strikes is TRU, and CompUSA.

Circuit City has shitty practices, a new improved retarded store layout (wtf is with the new releases, on that stupid roll away cart?), but I'll still shop in there occasionally, but that is becoming less and less.

In all honesty I always take everything to Best Buy... they don't give me a hassle about PM'ing, the cashiers are friendly, they know how to take coupons, they have plenty of lines open always, I can be in and out of the store in under 3 minutes if I know exactly what I'm looking for.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, I hate coupons. All they do is make deals better and items cheaper. fuck them.[/quote]
Assumptions, they're great aren't they? Besides the obvious positive, they're usually hard to acquire and can be a hassle to actually use, like the EB sale last week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You win. :lol: I've never had a problem with TRU.[/QUOTE]

Ah see, now you're going to get me started on my problems ;)

First off, it's just the store itself... take a walk around TRU sometime, the toy sections, and half the store is literally empty and devoid of stock. I've seen entire sections of walls completely barren, and their organization is pure shit.

Also, every TRU I go into hires the dumbest employees who don't know how to do anything. Every once in awhile I'll meet a smart employee but its few and far between.

The store is just a decrepid shell of what it used to be when I was kid. I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone completely bankrupt.

When I used to be into action figures and stuff (Marvel Legends was badass) TRU always had the worst stock of everyone, if they even had the figures at all. Target / Wal-Mart rape TRU in the toy dept, and TRU dosen't even seem to care.

I give it another 5 years before the chain is through.

Plus every TRU I've been in has been very dirty.

Once I move in my first console goal is to play trhough all the Meal Gera Games. I'll start with Twin Snakes for the GC. Then move to Sons of Liberty for the Xbox. Then do the nes games on the bonus disk of snake eater. Then snake eater. Then finish Metal Gear acid 1&2, and do MG Port Ops.

By the time I've finished, in 2010, the PS3 should be $400 bucks and I can finally afford one. :p

[quote name='Roufuss']
In all honesty I always take everything to Best Buy... they don't give me a hassle about PM'ing, the cashiers are friendly, they know how to take coupons, they have plenty of lines open always, I can be in and out of the store in under 3 minutes if I know exactly what I'm looking for.[/quote]

I usually shop at BB because of the cashback credit card + reward zone combo. Which leads me to ask, does BB take competitor coups?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Once I move in my first console goal is to play trhough all the Meal Gera Games. I'll start with Twin Snakes for the GC. Then move to Sons of Liberty for the Xbox. Then do the nes games on the bonus disk of snake eater. Then snake eater. Then finish Metal Gear acid 1&2, and do MG Port Ops.

By the time I've finished, in 2010, the PS3 should be $400 bucks and I can finally afford one. :p[/QUOTE]

Dude, I have every Metal Gear game except for MGPO and I've only ever played the original PS1 version and the original NES version.

I've got a TON of Metal Gear collectibles too.

The games on the bonus disc of Subsistence aren't the NES versions, but rather the better versions from the MSX.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']By the time I've finished, in 2010, the PS3 should be $400 bucks and I can finally afford one. :p[/quote]

Then you can play MGS:4.

[quote name='Roufuss']Dude, I have every Metal Gear game except for MGPO and I've only ever played the original PS1 version and the original NES version.

I've got a TON of Metal Gear collectibles too.

The games on the bonus disc of Subsistence aren't the NES versions, but rather the better versions from the MSX.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Because I rmemeber playing the first metal gear for the NES when I was a kid. That's the only metal gear I've played so far. That and acid.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ah see, now you're going to get me started on my problems ;)

First off, it's just the store itself... take a walk around TRU sometime, the toy sections, and half the store is literally empty and devoid of stock. I've seen entire sections of walls completely barren, and their organization is pure shit.

Also, every TRU I go into hires the dumbest employees who don't know how to do anything. Every once in awhile I'll meet a smart employee but its few and far between.

The store is just a decrepid shell of what it used to be when I was kid. I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone completely bankrupt.

When I used to be into action figures and stuff (Marvel Legends was badass) TRU always had the worst stock of everyone, if they even had the figures at all. Target / Wal-Mart rape TRU in the toy dept, and TRU dosen't even seem to care.

I give it another 5 years before the chain is through.

Plus every TRU I've been in has been very dirty.[/quote]
I must visit a different kind of TRU than you do. I see lots of toys around, but not many customers to buy them. Then again, this TRU is kind of hidden behind a BB.

I didn't really need to know why you hated them, since you're not a slidecage-type of customer that seems to not be able to get ounce of satisfaction from a trip to the store.

Ackbar get MGS2 for the PS2, the controller for the Xbox ruins the game. You can get used to it, but it takes a lot of effort (I beat the game several times on the original Xbox, and while I got used to it people tend to dislike the controls).

and the MSX versions of MG1 and 2 are only in the sustinence versions.

Ourr local CC's are like that. Thne one at the mall is a nightmare. It's always crowded. Everything sells out. It's never organized. And they're across from a costco so ingress and egress is a nightmare.

The one on 202 is great. Always plenty of stock, never too busy. Helpful service.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I must visit a different kind of TRU than you do. I see lots of toys around, but not many customers to buy them. Then again, this TRU is kind of hidden behind a BB.

I didn't really need to know why you hated them, since you're not a slidecage-type of customer that seems to not be able to get ounce of satisfaction from a trip to the store.[/QUOTE]

Haha, no, I'm just getting all the frustration and rage off of my chest before tommorrow.

It srsly stresses me out having to go in there. It's more of a hassle to get BB / CC to accept a competitor's coupon though.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Ackbar get MGS2 for the PS2, the controller for the Xbox ruins the game. You can get used to it, but it takes a lot of effort (I beat the game several times on the original Xbox, and while I got used to it people tend to dislike the controls).

and the MSX versions of MG1 and 2 are only in the sustinence versions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already have the sustience disk. I'll just muscle through the xbox version since I already have that too.

It's funny, my ssster wanted to know what games I want for Chroistmas, and I'd rather her not buy any. Because I know if I wait I can get them for at least 25% off and I already have so many I really don't need much more.

[quote name='Roufuss']There is a difference to me between disliking a store's practices, but still shopping there, and absolutely refusing to shop in a store.

So far, the small list of stores I won't shop in unless an amazing deal strikes is TRU, and CompUSA.[/quote]

I will agree with you on CompUSA. Its like every single damn time I go in there I want to leave right away. I feel like I'm going to get mugged Cryme Tyme style in there.

I've not had any problems with the TRU I frequent. In fact I've gotten very good service and gotten some damn good deals at the one I frequent. I need to stop by again soon to see what TNA figures they have gotten in. :D

Circuit City has shitty practices, a new improved retarded store layout (wtf is with the new releases, on that stupid roll away cart?), but I'll still shop in there occasionally, but that is becoming less and less.

To be hoenst the setup for the roll away cart is no worse than, say, Walmart's new release area. That doesn't mean that I like it either.

In all honesty I always take everything to Best Buy... they don't give me a hassle about PM'ing, the cashiers are friendly, they know how to take coupons, they have plenty of lines open always, I can be in and out of the store in under 3 minutes if I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Direct opposite here. I've had issues with PMing at the local stores. Then again I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot into a Best Buy for that matter.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I will agree with you on CompUSA. Its like every single damn time I go in there I want to leave right away. I feel like I'm going to get mugged Cryme Tyme style in there.

I've not had any problems with the TRU I frequent. In fact I've gotten very good service and gotten some damn good deals at the one I frequent. I need to stop by again soon to see what TNA figures they have gotten in. :D

To be hoenst the setup for the roll away cart is no worse than, say, Walmart's new release area. That doesn't mean that I like it either.

Direct opposite here. I've had issues with PMing at the local stores. Then again I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot into a Best Buy for that matter.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what Wal-Mart's new release area looks like. Circuit City used to do it just fine putting them on the racks like Best Buy did, now they are all shoved onto that small cart and it's a pain in the ass to get to when multiple people are around it.

Plus, that new CC rule where they won't stock any new games until 5 pm because the ad says so is balls. Best Buy has all their new release games by 10:45 - 11 am usually, so I always PM over there, and while I'm there I just PM all the DVD's I want for the week.

The Best Buy here never has a problem taking the CC ad because they know how badly the store is run over here... the manager told the cashiers to always accept a CC ad regardless since they'll just keep coming back. Plus, CC always has one register line open with ONE extremely slow cashier... sometimes I've waited in that line for 15 minutes just to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back