Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

Afro Samurai239 and TEMPORARYFORNOW should be avoided by everyone here. They join matches then teamkill. Two of em, so you can't vote to kick em. I'd advise people to mark em as avoided.

Add esebambam213 to the list.

so i just had a heartbreaker. went through with 3 other guys for upset stomach. first try, we got boomed on in the 2nd level, so we restarted the campaign. then we make it the whole way through without getting boomed on and don't get the achievement. so we're pretty sure that even though we restarted the campaign, since we didn't go back to the lobby, we got screwed. that shit hurts.

That does sound pretty bad. I managed to get Man vs. Tank last night
Glitched up onto the roof of the Barn in Survival
so I'm pretty happy about that. If you need help, let me know, because I've gotten oh so close to getting Upset Stomach myself but eventually got barfed on at the last possible second of the 2nd or 3rd campaign.

[quote name='KingBroly']That does sound pretty bad. I managed to get Man vs. Tank last night
Glitched up onto the roof of the Barn in Survival
so I'm pretty happy about that. If you need help, let me know, because I've gotten oh so close to getting Upset Stomach myself but eventually got barfed on at the last possible second of the 2nd or 3rd campaign.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'll be on later today and probably tonight, too. i'm about 7k zombies out from genocidist, so right now i'm kinda going crazy on playing the game. and also, the group i was playing with, one of the guys needed man vs. tank, and they're SO EASY TO KILL on easy that we just let him light it on fire and blast it with one clip from the auto shotty, and that was the achievement. so anyone who doesn't want to glitch for that achievement, it's that easy. but yeah, broly, add me, or i'll add you.

I sent you a FR. You might have sent a FR to me and I probably declined because I hadn't read this post or looked at your GT until now :S

[quote name='kart007k']I wanna join a L4D clan. I am getting pretty good at this game. I would be interested in joining a cag group.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Tired of starting a game to have people quit when they get killed.

I just need 3 good people who can run a quick game with me on blood harvest (expert)

I'm trying to get the what are you trying to prove achievement and it seems impossible to beat on expert. I've finished the campaigns before, but they didn't credit me because I joined late

I get off of work at 10 tonight and don't have to go back to work until like 9-1 on sunday. Just add me, PM me, whatever. I'm tired of this shit. I wasted 4+ hours last night on this bullshit. I just wanna finish it and be done with it.

So yea, please help

[quote name='rick3000gto']LOL yea that guy sucked balls. Any Cags wanna help me n Blackout with some expert campaigns?[/QUOTE]

Add me. I'm looking for a new group to play with. I need Death Toll to complete expert, Nothing Special, and then some Vs mode matches.

Yeah, I'd like to do 3 of the Expert Campaigns (I got through Blood Harvest about 2 hours ago, man...what a tale). I also need help with Back 2 Help and some other achievements.

Here's what happened on the final part of Blood Harvest:
We're at the barn, and the Power Shot is first brought to my attention. So after learning how to do it and testing it out myself, we go and do our thing. First tank comes, and I power shot the tank...well...would have if my teammate didn't get in the way the instant I fired, killing him in the process. Yeah, not going to end well.

So, near the end a second tank comes and he's climbing on the power generator, and me and my friend are trying to shoot the tank but our Power Shots won't go, so we have to charge them more. The tank gets in our faces and we both power shot him at the same time for a quick KO.

The rescue vehicle is here, so we go down and my friend gets pounced on by a hunter somehow. I kill the Hunter, and he tells me to go towards the vehicle. As the ramp is being lowered I jump up and I get stuck so I'm meleeing these Zombies my health going down and I somehow manage to pull myself down then jump back on the ramp and into the vehicle to clear the Campaign!

I think I'm one of the few guys that actually still play this from CAG, so feel free to add me if you want to own teams in VS.

crossroads-mall105

[quote name='cmart05']I think I'm one of the few guys that actually still play this from CAG, so feel free to add me if you want to own teams in VS.[/QUOTE]

I added you. This is the only game I play.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can help you that. I have to do every one besides Blood Harvest. But tonight I'm going for Nothing Special.[/QUOTE]

i'll help with nothing special tonight if you need some people. i'm going to gamestop at 7 to take advantage of that b2g1 deal, and then i'll be on. it's better than watching the cavs(probably) lose. boo.

getting ready to play and try to get Nothing Special, any one wanna join? Send a request and just put that your from CAG

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Playing Castlevania, but if anyone wants a game message me on Live.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed playing with you and your friends that one time. I'd be interested in doing an expert run with you sometime. I still need all of the levels.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...2009287256_e3_valve_adds_chainsaw_frying.html

E3: Valve adds chainsaw, frying pan to Left 4 Dead 2

Posted by Brier Dudley
Bellevue's Valve piggybacked onto Microsoft's E3 press conference this morning, which included a glimpse of "Left 4 Dead 2."
The sequel to Valve's hit zombie game goes on sale Nov. 17 in versions for the Xbox 360 and PC.
In the teaser video, a group of people fighting off a horde of zombies fires the last bullet as a huge one approaches. After the dreaded click, the screen goes dark, then a chainsaw fires up, introducing one of the game's new weapons.
Players will also be able to defend themselves with frying pans, axes and baseball bats in the southern-tinged action title.
"With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games,'' Valve President Gabe Newell said in the release.​
Also new in the game is melee combat "to enable deeper co-operative gameplay."

Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company

.....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

I think this is lame, They could have easily added this as DLC. Not even a full year goes by and now they already have a part 2???? Come on valve I love L4D and wanted more content for that. I say they're dropping the ball in a big way. BTW doesn't the L4D GOTY come out soon and then will be shortly followed by L4D2 is no one else bothered by this?

now that my rant is over with I'm still needing help with the Nothing Special ACH. It's the only one I need and it's a pain in my ass. Any and all help is welcome.

I'm in like sin if you're going to do this later tonight. I've been looking to put Safety First on ice for quite a while now.

from what I read you only have to have 2 people but if we can get a full room tha twould be even better and might keep us from having to glitch. I'd like to make a run tonight if possible, I've sent both Kevlar and ink a friend request. Lets bust these out.

Chimpster whenever you wanna do an expert just send me a game request. I don't care to help others get the ACH's that I already have.

I'll be on around 5 tonight. don't get off work till 4.

[quote name='woodcan']I really enjoyed playing with you and your friends that one time. I'd be interested in doing an expert run with you sometime. I still need all of the levels.[/QUOTE]

Totally. We were glad to have the fourth. Which is cool, cause I'm usually too shy to jump into a group of people I don't know. I haven't been able to get them on too much lately and the ragtag group is usually full. But hit me up, I'm game.

[quote name='Kevlar281']We will need four people and we will have to run through Dead Air four times on easy, if everyone in the party needs it. Here is how it's done.[/QUOTE]

Sending you a FR. If you need a 4th for later I could join. I have a conference call for a project I'm working on at 8pm Central but I'll be available after that.

Anyone want to mentor a complete newbie at this game? I'm sorta over CoD4 so it's time for me to break this game out. I haven't even played the single player missions yet so I don't know what to expect.

I need help with a few more achievements on this game:

Untouchables (No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle.)
What Are You Trying To Prove? (Survive all campaigns on Expert. - Blood Harvest ONLY)
Nothing Special (Survive a campaign with no Survivors taking damage from Special Infected.)

Please send me a message/Friend Request w/ L4D in it and I will play. I can play almost anytime given some notice. I'm a decent player who can take/give directions if needed. Thanks!

Also, I don't mind playing casually either so if you just want to play for fun, then I'm cool with that!

Sent you a FR Cleaner. I loathe that campaign with a passion so I'm always willing to help anyone out that needs it. I'm still looking to knock Safety First off of my list with Badkins trick so send me a game or friend request tomorrow if any of you are interested. I'd appreciate it.

I can try this saturday, night is better for me. If you guys see me on go ahead and send me a request. Once I get nothing special I wont mind to host the rooms.

Nothing Special is no longer anything special. I'm always up for playing so if you guys see me on and want help or just want a good partner for some fun vs. give me an invite

Last edited by a moderator:
Ink and Draven, thanks for the help last night! Especially Ink with Blood Harvest, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be other than chapter 3. Not sure if either of you want to do any more expert campaigns, but I still need to play and survive Death Toll and Dead Air on expert if you want to give it a try sometime I am available almost anytime.

bread's done
Back