Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

Damn, 12.48 at target? I already have the game but might pick up another so I can trade it in a gamestop.

Anyway, I am deciding whether or not I should trade this game in or sell it. I have beaten everything 1000/1000 and golds on all the survival maps. With L4D2 not being to far away I might unload this to get max value.

Still the best game I ever played.

If you are already 1000/1000, sell it to me for $1.
jk, though I really want this game, even if I did rent it and go through all the campaigns...I'd love to get it and beat them all on expert with some CAGs.

No question for me though, L4D2 on day 1.

I started playing this again with a few friends, and we found new ways to change up the game by adding our own "meta games." For example, one inspired by the Half-Life 2 gnome achievement is to have one person carry around a gas can for the entire campaign. It's up to your group whether or not that person can drop it or not, but the main thing is to not get tempted to use the gas can, and not to accidentally shoot the person with the can. If that is too easy, have multiple people carry around an object throughout the entire campaign.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Does anyone have an extra L4D Premium theme code by chance? Please, I'd love you forever. =P[/QUOTE]

Is this the same theme that is on the OXM Demo Disc 99? Cause there is no code for that. It's just on the Disc.

[quote name='soccerstud652']If anyone picks up an extra $12.48 copy at their Target, could you pick me up one too? I'll gladly play shipping and make it worth your while!!! PM ME![/QUOTE]
^^. I'd gladly pay cost + shipping + an extra buck or two if a CAG can get an extra copy.

Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Is this the same theme that is on the OXM Demo Disc 99? Cause there is no code for that. It's just on the Disc.[/QUOTE]
Oooh, it is on the disc. Lame. :bomb:

[quote name='soccerstud652']Just picked this up for $12.48 at Target. Anyone who wants to play, add my on XBL.[/QUOTE]
Did they have anymore copies? *hint hint*

The did, they had about 10, and no clearance stickers on the boxes. The clerk was astonished at the price.

I am starting a new campaign now if anyone wants to join.

Valve needs to add a four on four matchmaking system asap. I've been playing this since it came out and the survival pack is cool but me and my friends are getting really tired of waiting 15 minutes to find a game just to have the other team get pissed and quit 2-3 levels in. Finishing a complete versus game against four people random people is next to impossible.

^ ps. If anyone has similar problems (you have four but can find an opposing team) please add me on XBL. Me and three friends play just about every other night and would much rather play against some people that will finish a game.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Does anyone have a problem loading textures in the game (my game won't load the woods floor in campaign 2)?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Sounds like maybe the onset of E74?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Does anyone have a problem loading textures in the game (my game won't load the woods floor in campaign 2)?[/QUOTE] You can't get wood?

:whee: just got 980/1000

Any advice for getting Zombie Genocidest aside from massive amounts of gameplay (ie: good levels and game modes)?

Also; I did all expert levels as a duo without any issue. It's all about where to hold your position to maximize the AI's godly sniping abilities.

that trick doesn't really work... I tested it out and I got more kills in 5 minutes of survivor than I did in 30 mins of the No Mercy "glitch."

[quote name='cmart05']i've been at 980 for the past couple of months... I just can't get back into it anymore.[/QUOTE]

I wish you, geist, and ivan were still playing. It's rare that I find a decent versus team randomly. When I do, the people that friend me are either never seen again or already in a game when I go to play.

[quote name='cmart05']that trick doesn't really work... I tested it out and I got more kills in 5 minutes of survivor than I did in 30 mins of the No Mercy "glitch."[/QUOTE]
It worked for me. I was getting 3,000+ kills every hour.

/edit: ughh stupid typo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Anexanhume']I wish you, geist, and ivan were still playing. It's rare that I find a decent versus team randomly. When I do, the people that friend me are either never seen again or already in a game when I go to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem as cmart. With so much new stuff to play and L4D2 on the way in November, it's hard to get motivated to get back into this game. As soon as L4D2 drops, though, it's on.

vs. games have been good for me as i've been able to play with 3 friends consistently. My biggest issue though is we always crush through on the first round and the other team drops out after that. I never understood why you'ld drop in a non-ranked game?

Ugh. Once again, I still play this game just on an irregular basis. All you guys have to do is send me a game invite if you want to play though to your defense I haven't been on much lately. Past couple of weeks have been a pain in the ass and since my FL won't respect my personal space I've had to sign in offline.

If you want play just hit up the thread, get at me here through PMs or send me a Live MSG. Well at least until the dust on my end settles and my FL can hop off my manhood long enough for me to breathe. ;\

I'm torn if I want more cheesemints or not. I like the idea of keeping 1000 since they suck as is but the prospect of more is never a bad one. As long as they're in line with the PC ones currently it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm hoping for a 5th campaign. That would be tits. Gotta be rescued by reaching a military fort that has other humans and no zombies though. No more rescue vehicle. Lets just have a balls out gauntlet to the finish line.

[quote name='decrot']gotta love those announcements of announcements. now if you can get an announcements^3 we'd be set.[/QUOTE]

to bad these are for PC and not for 360.

I just wonder what they can add to the game from a DLC standpoint besides another Campaign that would cost money.

If anyone has Disc 99 (August 2009 issue), would you consider starting up a train for the Left 4 Dead premium theme (and gamer pics)? Similar to the Rock Band songs train...

I just got L4D back from a friend. It's been a while. I need the expert cheese. If anyone still needs those or wants to help out hit me up.

I'd like to get in on the OXM disc train for the LFD items if one gets started. :)

[quote name='ohboy10451']they have one of those trains already. Just search...[/QUOTE]
I searched and didn't find anything...so my request stands; if anyone has the August issue/disk (99?) would you consider a train?

Just got this last week from a CAGer, and boy do I feel embarrassed every time I get one of those friendly-fire warnings.

Send me a FR if you want to play any mode.

been trying to get safety first
once with natiria...was shooting at the tank and the tank fell and a bullet hit bill
again later on...shot a gas tank and bam!...bill and zoey gets hurt
anyone wana run thru campaign? easy and expert?

[quote name='SumOG']been trying to get safety first
once with natiria...was shooting at the tank and the tank fell and a bullet hit bill
again later on...shot a gas tank and bam!...bill and zoey gets hurt
anyone wana run thru campaign? easy and expert?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you'd want to run through campaign with me, as I've just started playing the game, but I'm up for going through for achievements. If you're interested, just send me an FR on XBL (tag: Shinobi Hanzo).

basically im just running straight thru the game as fast as possible without getting hit by the special infected
just let me kno which level you are most familiar with
ty

bread's done
Back