LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='180husher']

Toy Story Train set at Target dropped out of the system...I've never seen a Lego set drop immediately to the final price.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, mine was still full price 16 days ago.

[quote name='Pirate331']Would've been good to know before I placed the order. I can deal with that, but I can't say I'm particularly pleased with DHL's tracking.. hasn't "updated" since the 26th, and that update was almost 2 days late itself.[/QUOTE]

They do... kind of...

Please Note: An express shipping option is not available for custom LEGO Design byME and Pick A Brick online products.

PaB comes from the plants they make the pieces, they used to tell you that PaB will ship separately and arrive later than the regular products. Around Christmas they warn you about the fact the last day for PaB shipping is usually the 7th or 9th when in Europe it's the 12-14th.

It used to be a lot more clear.

Toy story clearance at Target has been weird. Half the stores around here went to half off, the other half still have it full price.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Please Note: An express shipping option is not available for custom LEGO Design byME and Pick A Brick online products.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I figured they just needed the extra time to round up the separate pieces. It doesn't say anywhere that they're shipping from Europe. I guess it just means my pieces will be fresher than the ones from a boxed set. :lol:

[quote name='ackbar7']Toy story clearance at Target has been weird. Half the stores around here went to half off, the other half still have it full price.[/QUOTE]

That's the case for mine, they did half only 33% and the other half of the sets are full price.

people gobbled them up at 33% so I didn't budge or was too late to pick up... oh well.

Yeah, LEGO sets seem to move real quick as soon as they hit the clearance aisle/endcap. I consider myself very lucky to have found Endor and the Troll Fortress for $50 each last month. As I mentioned earlier, the Target I found the Troll Fortress at had tons and tons of LEGO sets on clearance a few weeks ago. When I went back last week, just about everything was gone.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, LEGO sets seem to move real quick as soon as they hit the clearance aisle/endcap. I consider myself very lucky to have found Endor and the Troll Fortress for $50 each last month. As I mentioned earlier, the Target I found the Troll Fortress at had tons and tons of LEGO sets on clearance a few weeks ago. When I went back last week, just about everything was gone.[/QUOTE]

Agree. There were about 10 of the Space Police Cruisers last week, and none today. I went to another store and it rang up $0.00 as well. If it wasn't for the handy "hand scanner" they had I would have had one for super cheap. It rang up $52, so back to the shelf it went.

The Toy Story train was still full price at my Targets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won the Lego lottery at KMart today. I did find 3 Desert Attacks for a dollar, and

*drum roll*

Quest Against Time for 1 fucking dollar.

They did have other ones on clearance, like Galactic Enforcer, Western Train, Separatist Shuttle, but priced too high.

[quote name='TheHelix']I won the Lego lottery at KMart today. I did find 3 Desert Attacks for a dollar, and

*drum roll*

Quest Against Time for 1 fucking dollar.

[/QUOTE]

Damn, beat me by $2.

You guys can save yourself some trips checking for the desert attack set. just call them and have them look up the upc number 673419129428. think all the bigger POP sets either were never stocked or sold for clearance at all the kmarts around here. The last big POP sets i saw were on clearance and that was the end of November. none of the 3 or 1 dollar sets i bought were marked down on the box or shelf and none were in the clearance isle. i think i saw only two stores that had them marked down because the shelf tag was $3 and they were all gone as soon as people saw that. Found a bunch of the Desert Attack sets today. Now i can build a persian army to go against my spartan and samurai armies. its like age of empires.

[quote name='Pirate331']Yeah, I figured they just needed the extra time to round up the separate pieces. It doesn't say anywhere that they're shipping from Europe. I guess it just means my pieces will be fresher than the ones from a boxed set. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually most likely not. :lol:

There is a tech site Guiver.com or something that explains how LEGO works. PaB pieces were probably made in mass 1-2 years ago and stored in tubberware containers until needed / ordered. Sets' pieces are most likely made last summer and then stocked piled. Say a set needs a 1x2 lime piece, they make it special for that set and store insane amounts in plastic containers in a huge warehouse until they need it to put in the set. Once they run out they might now make the piece again for years, if ever.

It's why every Aprilish PaB updates their pieces, some pieces are rare / not needed as much and have sold out and LEGO won't make more just for the PaB.
Found it...

http://gizmodo.com/5022769/exclusive-inside-the-lego-factory

[quote name='bigdaddy']fbtb.net has the PotC set pictures. Very nice, shockingly nice. New mermaid fins in different colors, a new water bucket, gold bar, new bottles, a globe, ugly new sword, and a mystery waterfall "piece" that has Atlantis columns.

Very nice theme, but it looks a lot more Harry Potter than Pirates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5409269926/in/photostream/

We need more pirate ships![/QUOTE]
Those are nice sets, and I do agree, the color scheme seems very similar to the Harry Potter sets. But does Jack Sparrow have to show up in every single set. I know he is the main character and all, but a little more variety in the minifigs would have been nice. But the Captain's Cabin set is worth it for the globe piece alone.

Gotta get that Queen Anne's Revenge ship. Not blown away by the buildings--they all seem to be jumbled castle ruins. But I'm loving the figs--mostly the new uniforms and the mermaids. I wonder if Jack's hair separates from his hat, or if it is a single painted mold (same with the Penelope Cruz hat and hair.) Looks good! Wonder if they'll do a second line with Davey Jones/squidface.

Final sets look way way better than the prototypes that leaked earlier in the year or late last year. Might actually have to pick a few of those POTC sets up, though I'm sure the price inflation will convince me to wait it out.

[quote name='xycury']pure win on all those sets.

seems like a little staging and minifigs!

It's going to be expensive I bet[/QUOTE]
The ship looks really expensive to me. Lots of details, quite a few minifigs. Seems like a probable $120+ for that. I realized that I chose one of the random cheaper sets a few weeks back when I could get 10% off on any item at BN and I chose the Captain's Cabin, which seems totally worth $9 to me. The globe & the bottles are pretty unique pieces and I am surprised they are available in one of the lower end sets.

ok I'm in need of some advice from the people here who know 'cheap ass lego' .. lol...

a guy i know is wanting to 'downsize' his collection - he's wanting to sell me a NIB King's Castle and NIB Imperial Flagship.... for $240.

What you guys think? I know 240 isnt exactly cheap but...

so he wants to knock of $40 on two big sets? fifteen percent isnt much of a deal unless you are helping a friend who REALLY needs the money. you could find a better deal elsewhere since both sets are still available.

[quote name='scp89']ok I'm in need of some advice from the people here who know 'cheap ass lego' .. lol...

a guy i know is wanting to 'downsize' his collection - he's wanting to sell me a NIB King's Castle and NIB Imperial Flagship.... for $240.

What you guys think? I know 240 isnt exactly cheap but...[/QUOTE]

If it was King's Castle Siege I'd say its definitely worth it but otherwise not that spectacular of a deal.

To you guys that PMed me about the Lego sets, sorry it's taking me a while to get back to you. I got overwhelmed with the requests :)

I'm working on the ones that paid already and will get back to you soon.

At this point, they're all spoken for, but I'll try to make another trip to Walmart to see if they're still there.

[quote name='ackbar7']Those are nice sets, and I do agree, the color scheme seems very similar to the Harry Potter sets. But does Jack Sparrow have to show up in every single set. I know he is the main character and all, but a little more variety in the minifigs would have been nice. But the Captain's Cabin set is worth it for the globe piece alone.[/QUOTE]

Every Jack has a different face so you won't get the same one 100 times.

I braved another K-mart last night. I thought it was in the same vacinity as the Target, so I drove into both of their lots. The Target's lot was full to the end - had to be a hundred or more cars. The Kmart, on the other hand, had the same sized parking lot with only seven cars in it - most of which were parked in handicap spots.

The store had the clearance lego sets, but they were marked at regular price. Balls.

After my previous trip to kmart in search of legos, I thought to myself "There cannot be a more ghetto kmart than this one." OH MAN, was *I* wrong. I quite seriously felt like I needed a shower after I finished my shopping. I think I just need to forget about Kmart clearance in my area as trips to Kmart leave me depressed and angry.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If it was King's Castle Siege I'd say its definitely worth it but otherwise not that spectacular of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Geez... what a set you just mentioned! Absolutely amazing! WTF is up with the $200+ price tag on this set on bricklink, ebay etc..? One guy has it for $450. I mean c'mon!

Does anyone want to sell me any Castle sets from the Skeleton theme? :drool:
PM me... maybe we can work something out. Seeing all those awesome sets from 2-3 years back and comparing them to some of the stuff now is making me feel shitty for not getting into this much earlier. Ugh, I need a drink...

My only clearance lego set I have found was the King's Castle Siege. I bought it for $48. Never got around to opening it. My toy room is all Star Wars lego, so it doesn't fit in. If anyone is selling any star wars lego, lmk.

Whoops, didn't mean I was interested in selling the set.

[quote name='Max Power']My only clearance lego set I have found was the King's Castle Siege. I bought it for $48. Never got around to opening it. My toy room is all Star Wars lego, so it doesn't fit in. If anyone is selling any star wars lego, lmk.[/QUOTE]

Sell it to ItzTitoYo, it's an awesome set.

I just saw that the Lego 7660 Set (Naboo Starfighter) was $4.99 at Kmart online! It's sold out. Dang it!!!

I'll be refreshing to see if it comes back in stock.

There was also Agents Gold Tooth's Getaway for $4.99. What's up with these old sets?

EDIT: Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is showing as $4.99 as well, but out of stock. :(

[quote name='aunt beast']the fairytale and historic minifig set is now available for purchase at S@H (at a pricey $49.99):

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=9349

i would swear the first pics i saw of this had the old-style mermaid tail. now we get not only real tails but a merman! sweet.[/QUOTE]

I thought that set has been out for weeks now? Plus there are fake tales? What are you talking about? :lol:

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']I just saw that the Lego 7660 Set (Naboo Starfighter) was $4.99 at Kmart online! It's sold out. Dang it!!!

There was also Agents Gold Tooth's Getaway for $4.99. What's up with these old sets?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have been in stock. I have signed up for email reminders if they ever come back. They also had some $10-$20 sets for $2. None in stock.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I thought that set has been out for weeks now? Plus there are fake tales? What are you talking about? :lol:

I don't think they have been in stock. I have signed up for email reminders if they ever come back. They also had some $10-$20 sets for $2. None in stock.[/QUOTE]

What's weird is I have checked the site for the PQ stuff and while I'm there look around for other items. I stumbled through these by seeing them on the site, but if I do a search, hardly anything Lego comes up. It's crazy. I put in for email reminders as well, and just talked to a rep via live chat. He set me up as well there. I'm going to email Amazon and let them know that Kmart is selling the Sphinx set for $29.99 to see if they will match. The more that ping them about it, the better the odds of getting it for that cost. I also can't find the Pyramid on Kmart at all. It was there, now it's not. :(

Found a Desert Attack at Kmart today but it came up "Check shelf tag." The CSR used a price gun and said the last price was 10.99, but they'd sell it to me for 9.99. When I said "No thanks" she took them because they "were going back." Rats.

No new drops at Walmart.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Sell it to ItzTitoYo, it's an awesome set.[/QUOTE]

This! And yes please!! Thanks bigdaddy! Sent you a PM Miner... If he comes through this might actually make my year. Yeah it's early but whatever! :bouncy:

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']I just saw that the Lego 7660 Set (Naboo Starfighter) was $4.99 at Kmart online! It's sold out. Dang it!!!

There was also Agents Gold Tooth's Getaway for $4.99. What's up with these old sets?

EDIT: Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is showing as $4.99 as well, but out of stock. :([/QUOTE]

Just imagine that their website is run like their stores...these sold out years/months ago they just haven't gotten around to cleaning the site yet(ever).

[quote name='180husher']Just imagine that their website is run like their stores...these sold out years/months ago they just haven't gotten around to cleaning the site yet(ever).[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I try not to get too excited about anything on their website. It's just an extremely poorly run company, which, of course, as I mentioned earlier, at least works in our favor when stuff hits $1, because no one knows, and no one actually shops there.

[quote name='180husher']Just imagine that their website is run like their stores...these sold out years/months ago they just haven't gotten around to cleaning the site yet(ever).[/QUOTE]

A 'Ghetto Website' for a 'Ghetto Store'

[quote name='bigdaddy']Sell it to ItzTitoYo, it's an awesome set.[/QUOTE]

Except it doesn't have a proper gatehouse, furnished rooms, etc. *sarcasm

I don't get the people that comain that a kids toy is not historically accurate.

And Tito, don't feel too bad. No matter when you get out of your dark ages, you will always have missed out on something. I wish I'd gotten more of the batman sets before they sold out.

[quote name='encendido5']. No matter when you get out of your dark ages, you will always have missed out on something. I wish I'd gotten more of the batman sets before they sold out.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

[quote name='encendido5']Except it doesn't have a proper gatehouse, furnished rooms, etc. *sarcasm

I don't get the people that complain that a kids toy is not historically accurate.

And Tito, don't feel too bad. No matter when you get out of your dark ages, you will always have missed out on something. I wish I'd gotten more of the batman sets before they sold out.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... yes the people who complain it doesn't have a gate house and is historically wrong when the knights are fighting evil walking skellies. :)

Not true, I had my dark ages in the late 90s and early 2000's when LEGO sucks really sucked. :lol:

Sorry, I've never looked in this thread before, but I assume you guys have looked into making your own sets. I was shocked at how expensive it is :shock:.

I made a model (see below) the other night and they wanted $294. I expected it to be high, but that seems ridiculous.

Should I bother pricing the 1100 or so pieces or will that end up being just as pricey?

mgsx.jpg

It's always more expensive if you use their building CAD system, with that many pieces it will still be a lot. However if you want to find the pieces seperately then it shoudn't cost over 10 cents a piece.

$300 for that is completely insane. However it looks really nice. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Not true, I had my dark ages in the late 90s and early 2000's when LEGO sucks really sucked. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Come on, that is just not true. I worked at TRU then so I was picking up some sets, I really like the western sets, I was a fan of Time Cruisers as a very strange line that they did and that is also the start of the SW sets. My dark ages were the mid 00s so you can count me as one who mostly missed out on Batman as well. I will say I missed out on the Castle/Knights sets for most of the last 20 years and I am sad about that now.

Mine was 97-98 and then I bought Space Port and Star Wars. Mine was actually because LEGO was making crap. :lol:

I actually have the Time Cruisers base, got it ib 2003 at TRU for cheap. :p

[quote name='BattleChicken']

The store had the clearance lego sets, but they were marked at regular price. Balls.

.[/QUOTE]

Did you price scan them? The $3/$1 sets are not marked with the clearance price in my experience.

[quote name='BattleChicken']

[/QUOTE]
Ever hear of a price scanner?;)

I know some of you guys shop at BN

Groupon will have a $20 for only $10 deal at 3pm cst

I don't have a link but there is a SD thread

Good luck they might only have 1000

It's on right now… search for Chicago groupon

I just found out their is a lego store close to me (1hr). Probably going to hit the store up this week. So what star wars sets are suppose to be on clearance? Any other sets I should look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back