LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what Walmart I go to I can't find things from that great of a price.

I found the Atlantis Stargate for $50 in Amherst MA, which has about 20,000 people and 30,000+ college students, so that's not really rural, but I love it there because there are never lines... except moving in day.

Amazon has the holiday bakery for $55 and in stock...
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1296327982&sr=1-2

The toy shop is $60 and also in stock...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1296327993&sr=1-6

Neither is a sale, but both are still in stock so that's something, and no tax and shipping. I'd love them both, but they are too much.

My guess the Spongebob sets this year will be remakes of these two sets....
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_link_3854642_29?ie=UTF8&node=165793011&hidden-keywords=B001GMZQX2|B001GN6XI8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=browse&pf_rd_r=15Y0RBAAYK5PW4HW4XQ4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1286312622&pf_rd_i=236510011

^I have no clue what set that is. :lol:

However Brickset has seen the sets and say they are "Glove World" which seems to be an roller roaster, and whatever " Heroic Heroes", but Google doesn't know what it is.

You would think if Glove World was being made Brickset would be excited that we are getting something cool, so I'm guessing they are badly done.

[quote name='encendido5']walmart has ferocious creatures for $14.50, limo/helicopter for $15, hyena bomber for $9, zurg for $12. Who needed a limo set?[/QUOTE]

If you or anyone can get an extra limo/helicopter, I would love to get one.

I didn't actually get to Walmart, but I did swing by B&N and got Anakin's Y-Wing for $33 (I acted surprised when my mystery coupon was 50% off), and then ran to Target to grab some Series 3. I am 100% certain I got a Fisherman this time. I didn't have time to feel up the packages, so I just grabbed six. Then I was like, well....I'll feel up just one...then I felt another, and I felt a rod and line. So I got seven packs total, and am really only sure about one of them.

I'd be interested in a Limo/Helicopter and Hyena Bomber, since I doubt I'll ever see them around here at this point. If you'd be interested, I also have an extra Power Miners Claw Catcher.

Edit: I've never shipped Lego sets around, so I have no clue on shipping costs. I'd guess flat-rate boxes jammed full of bags only, right?

for those of you near a lego store, someone reported finding the winter village bakery on clearance at the mall of america lego store for $38.

aren't there already two versions of the spongebob houses set? we have the first version and there's another out with a krabby patty car.

[quote name='aunt beast']

aren't there already two versions of the spongebob houses set? we have the first version and there's another out with a krabby patty car.[/QUOTE]

Yes but neither one had multi houses.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Those are houses? :lol:

And if there is enough I'll take a limo set.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion but yeah, I can see where your coming from but that is why I said they would remake that set. Patrck's and Squidward's house are crap and SpongeBobs was already remade pretty well.

If/when I step into a Wal-Mart I will keep my eye out for you guys!

I'm hoping to go to Walmart tomorrow... maybe. It's very hard for me to get around with 100 feet of snow everywhere. I don't think I'll even be able to get to B&N because of the snow and it's 200 yards from the mall.

Damn snow...

*Get's some gasoline and throws it on the snow...*

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yes but neither one had multi houses.[/QUOTE]

mine does. 3827 has spongebob's, patrick's, and squidward's house.

must disagree with skiizim that spongebob's house is crap in this one - it opens up in a cool fashion and has a nice interior including a working basketball hoop. :)

"glove world" is an amusement park. like duff gardens. ;) my son keeps asking when we're getting simpsons legos. if only!

[quote name='encendido5']Ill try to make a stop tomorrow. They had 6 or 7 so hopefully they will still be there and I can clean them out :)[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome :) Thanks!

I don't know SpongeBob at all and the only thing that comes to mind is an ex of mine sang the song while coming back from taking a shower while only wearing SpongeBob boxers. :lol:

I do regret not getting (3830) The Bikini Bottom Express because it has three awesome minifigures (the bus driver is amazing) and comes in orange and as we know orange LEGOs are rare because they create mind issues in children (Which would explain Eurobricks... and frankly most LEGO fans). :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a hard time deciding what to get with my TRU rewards. Out of principal I don't want to get any of the sets that are marked up, which leaves Ninja-Go and a handful of other sets. Almost got the log cabin, but decided on the Ice Dragon and a couple of minifig packets. I guess I shouldn't be so picky about what I get for free.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I didn't actually get to Walmart, but I did swing by B&N and got Anakin's Y-Wing for $33 (I acted surprised when my mystery coupon was 50% off), and then ran to Target to grab some Series 3. [/QUOTE]

I did the same, except I hit Target, then Wal-Mart and then B&N. Got the Y-Wing as well at half off and the Rapper to finish off my Series 3 set. :)

Wal-Mart had a load of the clearance stuff left, but at the same prices they were in December. I got 2 Atlantis sets, 8076 ($9.00) and 8058 ($7.50). They had a couple of portals for $49. All those little Racer sets were there for $7.00 each. Almost bit, but didn't want to get into another line. Besides, I think S@H had them for $5 before they were sold out.

All of these are for my son for rewards. Right now, we are in the middle of building the Midi-Scale Destroyer (8099) he earned yesterday, and for $16 that thing is pretty cool!

Was in NYC today and went to the Lego store.

Got the clone walker battle pack (8014) for 3.49, Pirate tank (7753) for 13.49 and home one (7754) for 34.49

Seemed like a sweet deal. They had a ton of prince of Persia stuff cheap too

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Was in NYC today and went to the Lego store.

Got the clone walker battle pack (8014) for 3.49, Pirate tank (7753) for 13.49 and home one (7754) for 34.49

Seemed like a sweet deal. They had a ton of prince of Persia stuff cheap too[/QUOTE]
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Them's good deals there. I would've bought multiples of everything at those prices, especially the battle pack and Home One.

I don't like Star Wars but for $35 I would have picked it up along with insane amounts of PoP, which I'm pissed never went on sale online.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Was in NYC today and went to the Lego store.

Seemed like a sweet deal. They had a ton of prince of Persia stuff cheap too[/QUOTE]

I talked to the Rockefeller Store just a few days ago and they said they were all sold out of Home Ones! I'm calling them tomorrow when they open to see if they have any more. Did you notice any other battlepacks on sale, too? I'm going to feel bad for the guy who I talk to, but I'm going to be like, so what else do you have on clearance? haha.

Edit: Forgot to mention I opened my packets of Series 3. I got a Tribal Chief, Fisherman (woo), Baseball Player, Space Alien, Racecar Driver, Mummy, and Elf. So far so good, and I only hve two doubles so far (Mummy and Tennis Player). The packets were beginning to run low at this Target, as well. Anyone know if they tend to restock these?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GoingIncognito']I talked to the Rockefeller Store just a few days ago and they said they were all sold out of Home Ones! I'm calling them tomorrow when they open to see if they have any more. Did you notice any other battlepacks on sale, too? I'm going to feel bad for the guy who I talk to, but I'm going to be like, so what else do you have on clearance? haha.[/QUOTE]

I only saw the clone walker battle pack, the pirate tank and home one in terms of star wars that was on clearance. They had more battle packs for the usual price, I think they had the snow troopers, hothead rebel soldiers, mandalorians and clones.

If you're into prince of Persia, they had just about every set, I think the most expensive one was 35.

Found a home one and city garage at the Lego store at Easton in columbus. The home one was 32.98 and the city garage was 49.98 (with a tru sticker on it). I will be returning the home one I bought for 54 so if anyone is in columbus and is interested in getting Home one for 32 from the Lego store let me know.

[quote name='mmercer13']Found a home one and city garage at the Lego store at Easton in columbus. The home one was 32.98 and the city garage was 49.98 (with a tru sticker on it). I will be returning the home one I bought for 54 so if anyone is in columbus and is interested in getting Home one for 32 from the Lego store let me know.[/QUOTE]

PM Sent...

Called the NYC store and while they confirmed they do ship, they were out of Home Ones. I was going to go call another Lego Store, but realized the other store I wanted to try was closed, so I went to call back the NYC Store to check on the battlepacks and now they're not answering :whistle2:\.

Take this post as a joke:

To people calling the NY store - stop stealing our deals!!!! We dont go to your targets and walmarts!!!

And the BN onlince coupon does not work on Lego but as people have mentioned it works in store.

[quote name='BLink']Take this post as a joke:

To people calling the NY store - stop stealing our deals!!!! We dont go to your targets and walmarts!!!

And the BN onlince coupon does not work on Lego but as people have mentioned it works in store.[/QUOTE]

Just think of it like this, I'm working from home to find the deals instead of driving to work to find the deals :).

20% off all City and Pharaoh's Quest this week at TRU, in store and online.

Free NinjaGo card and Album with $20 Ninjago purchase at TRU, also in store and online.

Thought about going out there to get the free "Ash's Pikachu" for Pokemon as well, but I can't find the game.

[quote name='elsnerma']20% off all City and Pharaoh's Quest this week at TRU, in store and online.

Free NinjaGo card and Album with $20 Ninjago purchase at TRU, also in store and online.

Thought about going out there to get the free "Ash's Pikachu" for Pokemon as well, but I can't find the game.[/QUOTE]

That 20% off seems to include the trains.... oh boy is that tempting.

NYC has the 8014 battlepacks for $3.48. I'm having them ship me 4 of them. Will update with shipping price. I have yet to see these battlepacks anywhere else, so I figured I may as well get a few.

Edit: All out of Home Ones, all out of Pirate Tanks. Store is very busy, but clerk is really nice.

Edit x2: Shipping for 4 Clone Walker Battle Packs was $4.99. Total was $20.11, good price for almost $50 worth of Battlepacks.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That 20% off seems to include the trains.... oh boy is that tempting.[/QUOTE]

I wish my store would carry trains, I really need the crossing set.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']NYC has the 8014 battlepacks for $3.48. I'm having them ship me 4 of them. Will update with shipping price. I have yet to see these battlepacks anywhere else, so I figured I may as well get a few.

Edit: All out of Home Ones, all out of Pirate Tanks. Store is very busy, but clerk is really nice.

Edit x2: Shipping for 4 Clone Walker Battle Packs was $4.99. Total was $20.11, good price for almost $50 worth of Battlepacks.[/QUOTE]

I was going to call for the Pirate Tank, but you saved me the call. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if S@H starts discounting Prince of Persia sets in February. From what the sales rep at the Lego Store told me, the stores sometimes get exclusive clearance deals and then the online shop goes next. I hope so as the online deals are dry and I still need Fight for the Dagger. :D

Was in K-Mart today. They had Prince of Persia Desert Attack (7569) on clearance for only $1

They only had 2 left and I bought them both. Not bad for what's usually like a $12 set

[quote name='aunt beast']for those of you near a lego store, someone reported finding the winter village bakery on clearance at the mall of america lego store for $38.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. Stopped by the Legostore and there were two left on clearance. Bought one right away. Love this set!

[quote name='bigdaddy']I think LEGO shipping things directly from the store is a joke. I can't believe they started doing that.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's just the NYC store? My nearest store is very blunt when they point out that they are set up as a retail store, not a shipping warehouse.

[quote name='salty tbone']I wonder if it's just the NYC store? My nearest store is very blunt when they point out that they are set up as a retail store, not a shipping warehouse.[/QUOTE]

The Bridgewater NJ store also ships. I bet some others do, too.

[quote name='BLink']Some dbag bought the last two Home Ones when i got to the lego store >_<

Also found the Solar Sailer for $35.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. What store? The two shops around here have been drained of clearance for a while.

^ Rockefeller Center

They also had the Battle Pack mentioned before, Desert Attack, Shadow Snapper and Undersea Explorer.

[quote name='BLink']Some dbag bought the last two Home Ones when i got to the lego store >_<

Also found the Solar Sailer for $35.[/QUOTE]

Well, it wasn't me! If I had known they had the Undersea Explorer on clearance I would have gotten that, too.

I'm hereby adding the Home One (along with the Venator, and a bunch of other older SW sets) into the "List of Things I Will Never Own". Oh well. You can't always get everything. If you did, you'd end up with nothing to want. I'm sure that even if they discontinue making Star Wars sets there will be a plethora of interesting sets that I'll lust after. Personally, I'm hoping for a Space/Pirates fusion set. You know, Pirates in Space...Cutlass n' Laser Pistol, Spacefaring Sloops, etc. Mmm...

You people finding great stuff on clearance at the LEGO Store...I hate you all. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when I went to the Bridgewater, NJ store, they had absolutely nothing, except a few dozen Shadow Snapper. My girl and I were thinking about taking a trip out to Paramus this week, so I'll see if there is anything there, though I doubt it. I've had a lot of luck with the Target clearances this month, so I doubt I'm gonna keep getting lucky.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You people finding great stuff on clearance at the LEGO Store...I hate you all. .[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Don't forget the KMart people and the $3 / $1 clearance. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']:applause:

Don't forget the KMart people and the $3 / $1 clearance. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yep. I hate the Kmart people more. Some of those sets were over 90% off. fuck Kmart. I never find anything good there, and it is the most depressing store on earth.

Well, I did find the Ostrich Race for $3, so I don't hate them too much. Yeah, not nearly as good as some of the sets people were finding, but I was content. Now, I want a cheap Home One or Winter Bakery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back