LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI a post on Toys n' Bricks says that Lego Stores ship. I will personally call some stores tomorrow to verify this and report back here. Here's to hoping that the guy wasn't joshing.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']FYI a post on Toys n' Bricks says that Lego Stores ship. I will personally call some stores tomorrow to verify this and report back here. Here's to hoping that the guy wasn't joshing.[/QUOTE]

They will give you free shipping on the online store but not from the stores itself.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They will give you free shipping on the online store but not from the stores itself.[/QUOTE]

Correct! If you place an online order in their store, they will waive the shipping. I asked about it last week when I was there. I was wondering if they did site to store and they told me this. I wish I could call that Rockefeller store to get the Venator and PoP Dagger sets shipped to me. :(

[quote name='GoingIncognito']FYI a post on Toys n' Bricks says that Lego Stores ship. I will personally call some stores tomorrow to verify this and report back here. Here's to hoping that the guy wasn't joshing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about this. I do know if you go into a Lego store and they don't have an item in stock that is available online at S@H, they will let you order in store and get free shipping. But I'm pretty sure you can't call the store and have them ship stuff to you, hell, they won't even transfer stock from one store to another.

On a side note, I've got a lot of sealed series 3 extras that are probably going back to TRU this weekend. If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.

I also saw the Atlantis Seabed Strider for $10 at Target...it comes with 2 pieces of the Greek/Roman columns...I'd love to see these in a PAB wall at the Lego store!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']I don't know about this. I do know if you go into a Lego store and they don't have an item in stock that is available online at S@H, they will let you order in store and get free shipping. But I'm pretty sure you can't call the store and have them ship stuff to you, hell, they won't even transfer stock from one store to another.

On a side note, I've got a lot of sealed series 3 extras that are probably going back to TRU this weekend. If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.

I also saw the Atlantis Seabed Strider for $10 at Target...it comes with 2 pieces of the Greek/Roman columns...I'd love to see these in a PAB wall at the Lego store![/QUOTE]

Bah, I'll still call anyway

[quote name='180husher']If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.
[/QUOTE]

If you've got an elf and fishermen, I'm VERY interested. They are all I'm missing, I'd gladly pay and throw in some series 2 figs if you're interested (Maracas, Pop Star, Vamp, Witch, Surfer) PM me if you've got them.

Hey gang. Going to be in NYC today and tomorrow. Thinking about hitting the Rockefeller Center Lego Store (since the closest one to me is in Disney/Orlando). Does anyone know if they are wiped out of clearance deals, or would it be worth the trip?

...I guess i am going anyway, since that is where the Nintendo World Store is as well. Just thought I should know if I could get my hopes up for some cheap legos to take home to the boys.

I called up the closest Lego Store to me and THEY DO ship, and would ship to my house but I must pay whatever the shipping and handling is based on the price of the items I have shipped. The guy couldn't tell me what the cost was, but I'm sure it's similar to S@H. Also, they are out of Home Ones and Venators.

This is my first post to CAG but I have been lurking on the first Lego deals page since around page 80 or so. Let me tell you that you guys and gals are awesome and I have gotten some great deals from this website. Not to mention that occasionally you are also good for some great laughs.

About the getting stuff mailed from Lego stores over the phone...I just did it yesterday from the Rockefeller store and the stuff will be mailed to my house. I unfortunately live in a state with no Lego store so I get the benefit of no tax but I do have to pay for the shipping so I guess it is a wash. I have also ordered over the phone from other Lego stores as well, namely the MOA store and the Ontario store so I do know it works. Again the big downside is there is always a shipping charge. I hope this helps out anyone that needs it.

Just received an email from EE that Series 4 Wholesale Pre-orders are now available at the price of $295.10 a case (2 boxes of 60) plus $14 shipping (for me at least). Price per pack comes out to $2.57 each!

S1 is still my favorite so far, but considering S4 is a close 2nd I just might jump on this!

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just received an email from EE that Series 4 Wholesale Pre-orders are now available at the price of $295.10 a case (2 boxes of 60) plus $14 shipping (for me at least). Price per pack comes out to $2.57 each!

S1 is still my favorite so far, but considering S4 is a close 2nd I just might jump on this![/QUOTE]

Err, what is EE?

Edit: Rockefeller is out of Home Ones and Venators.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Err, what is EE?

Edit: Rockefeller is out of Home Ones and Venators.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I should have called yesterday when I saw all of that on the Toys N Bricks site. Crap.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Err, what is EE?

Edit: Rockefeller is out of Home Ones and Venators.[/QUOTE]

Entertainment Earth

Just a little warning about the Rockefeller store. They generally mark up their items a few bucks over MSRP, including sale items. I'm sure it's because of location and generally it's mostly tourists in there buying everything and price to them is of little concern. For instance, S3 sells for $3.49 a piece and items on sale else where for $8, or so, will be $11. It's a nice store to visit, but very small and always crowded like no other.

[quote name='cassidyarch']If you've got an elf and fishermen, I'm VERY interested. They are all I'm missing, I'd gladly pay and throw in some series 2 figs if you're interested (Maracas, Pop Star, Vamp, Witch, Surfer) PM me if you've got them.[/QUOTE]

If you need those I can help you out. Grocery near my house still has about 6-7 boxes for $1.99 each and yesterday I was looking for a hula girl for her hair piece but ran out of time and just grabbed an extra fisher, elf & gorilla.

[quote name='bouchj45']This is my first post to CAG but I have been lurking on the first Lego deals page since around page 80 or so. Let me tell you that you guys and gals are awesome and I have gotten some great deals from this website. Not to mention that occasionally you are also good for some great laughs.

About the getting stuff mailed from Lego stores over the phone...I just did it yesterday from the Rockefeller store and the stuff will be mailed to my house. I unfortunately live in a state with no Lego store so I get the benefit of no tax but I do have to pay for the shipping so I guess it is a wash. I have also ordered over the phone from other Lego stores as well, namely the MOA store and the Ontario store so I do know it works. Again the big downside is there is always a shipping charge. I hope this helps out anyone that needs it.[/QUOTE]

Whadja get and how much was shipping? If its price based like S@H then that is a good deal. $7 shipping on a Venator that is only $30 is a good deal, $20 shipping, not so much.

[quote name='videriant']If you need those I can help you out. Grocery near my house still has about 6-7 boxes for $1.99 each and yesterday I was looking for a hula girl for her hair piece but ran out of time and just grabbed an extra fisher, elf & gorilla.[/QUOTE]

Thanks viderlant, but I'm covered now. What was your grocery store, btw? I haven't seen them anywhere outside the major chains (Target, BORDERS and TRU are the only place I've seen them.)

So is everyone just calling stores and asking what they have on sale? Anybody know what star wars sets are on sale/clearance. I might give a store or two a call.

Well...I got

1 Venator $65
1 Home One $35
1 ISD $13
2 Atlantis swords $3 each
2 Atlantis shields $3 each
1 Atlantis Shadow Snapper $10

For a total of $141. All I actually paid was $101 because I redeemed $40 in VIP points. I think she said for all of that the shipping was approx. $17 which was included in that $101. I hope that all makes sense.

[quote name='bouchj45']Well...I got

1 Venator $65
1 Home One $35
1 ISD $13

For a total of $141. All I actually paid was $101 because I redeemed $40 in VIP points. I think she said for all of that the shipping was approx. $17 which was included in that $101. I hope that all makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

I tried calling several stores and all were out of the Venators. Boo!

[quote name='bouchj45']Well...I got

1 Venator $65
1 Home One $35
1 ISD $13

For a total of $141. All I actually paid was $101 because I redeemed $40 in VIP points. I think she said for all of that the shipping was approx. $17 which was included in that $101. I hope that all makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Nice deal. I gave up calling stores for Venator's and Home One's.

Does anyone know which stores have them in stock?

ripped from TNB:

Kmart.com has 7326, Rise of the Sphinx, available for shipping for $29.99 (msrp 49.99)

confirmed they have it and it's actually in stock. amusingly, they also have the scorpion pyramid (msrp 99.99) priced at 29.99, but it's unavailable.

They changes the Sphinx to "unavailable" Maybe even during the middle of me putting it into my cart. =(

[quote name='cassidyarch']Thanks viderlant, but I'm covered now. What was your grocery store, btw? I haven't seen them anywhere outside the major chains (Target, BORDERS and TRU are the only place I've seen them.)[/QUOTE]

HEB. It's only found in South Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Austin) and only the really big ones carry toys.

[quote name='videriant']They changes the Sphinx to "unavailable" Maybe even during the middle of me putting it into my cart. =(

HEB. It's only found in South Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Austin) and only the really big ones carry toys.[/QUOTE]

geez that sucks, maybe I grabbed the last one?

I checked out at 6pm, used up some rewards and got it for 29 shipped.

hoping they deliver!

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Just received an email from EE that Series 4 Wholesale Pre-orders are now available at the price of $295.10 a case (2 boxes of 60) plus $14 shipping (for me at least). Price per pack comes out to $2.57 each!

S1 is still my favorite so far, but considering S4 is a close 2nd I just might jump on this![/QUOTE]

I think that'll be like 175 for us that order a box. EE had a free shipping code on the back of the catalog on my Series 3 box, so that means just 175 only. Makes it out to 2.91, which is perfectly fine because shipping was $20 bucks last time and I won't get charged any tax.

So about a quarter in savings after everything is said and done.

I don't think Pre-orders for non-distributions happen for at least another month, that was the same with Series 3.

Bad thing is it expires on the 15th :(

I went to the only other KMart around, they had one TINY section for LEGOs, only three normal toy shelves and had maybe room for 10 sets and only a few in stock. However they were all normal priced and not marked up which I found stunning.

K-Mart.com has the Harry Potter train for $63, but is out of stock.

DSC01348.jpg

Here's what I've picked up for the month so far. Everything was on clearance.

City House - $27.49 @ Target
Prison Tower Rescue - $29.99 @ Target
Quest Against Time - $14.99 @ Legostore
Ostrich Race - $5.99 @ Legostore
Undercover Cruiser - $8.99 @ Legostore
Gateway of the Squid - $11.99 @ Legostore
Shadow Snapper - $8.99 @ Legostore

I really want to expand on the Castle/Kingdom theme and hope I can find more stuff on clearance. Heck, if anyone has dupes of some Castle/Kingdom sets let me know!

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ People love Castle, rarely do people part with them. :).[/QUOTE]
Yep, I picked up a bunch of the little carriage set during the b2g1 + coupons at BN around Christmas for the horses and knights. The thing about getting dupes of the castle/knight stuff is that there can always be another tower/carriage/shop or whatever. I will admit that I used to love the SW sets the most, but the castle stuff has definitely surpassed it for me these days. I love the sets, and brings back a lot of memories from when I was a kid.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ People love Castle, rarely do people part with them. :)

I so want the tower for $30.[/QUOTE]
I would really get that also. I wonder if any targets near me still have it.

I'm a big Star Wars nut, which is what got me back into LEGO, but I think that, from what I have seen, the Castle theme is definitely up there with SW. Like ackbar above, it really brings back memories of being a kid, because I had a bunch of such sets. The Troll Fortress I just picked up is great. I saw Prison Tower Rescue a couple times at Target, but they were never marked on sale or anything. Did I miss something?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm a big Star Wars nut, which is what got me back into LEGO, but I think that, from what I have seen, the Castle theme is definitely up there with SW. Like ackbar above, it really brings back memories of being a kid, because I had a bunch of such sets. The Troll Fortress I just picked up is great. I saw Prison Tower Rescue a couple times at Target, but they were never marked on sale or anything. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

I tried staying away from LEGO for years because of Star Wars, I didn't want to pick up an expensive hobby but alas my OCD kicked in and couldn't hold back anymore!!! I have multiples of almost all Star Wars sets released since 2008, I hate to think how much money I've spent on everything but then again have saved because of this thread!

I really enjoy the Castle theme with a close tie with Pirates being followed with space depending on the theme. I'm really exited about the next ones coming out, I really didn't care for Space Police and only recently purchased a bunch of sets because it's been on clearance. I would really love to get into City but I know I'll overdue it buying up every set, I'll stick with the modular sets and trains and I might get the new shuttle theme.

I'd love to see them bring back Exo-Force somehow...

The Alien conquest is like UFO and Mars Mission mixed... kinda excited to see that.

I still haven't seen the new $100 Atlantis set yet...

But unfortunately I'm waiting for TRU to ever have another sale... I've got so much store credit to burn at that place.

The Atlantis Temple is most likely $80. It might be $70 I can't remember, but it's not $100.

[quote name='ackbar7']Yep, I picked up a bunch of the little carriage set during the b2g1 + coupons at BN around Christmas for the horses and knights. The thing about getting dupes of the castle/knight stuff is that there can always be another tower/carriage/shop or whatever. I will admit that I used to love the SW sets the most, but the castle stuff has definitely surpassed it for me these days. I love the sets, and brings back a lot of memories from when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

The thing with the carriages is they are always rather different. Unlike City (Which used to be my favorite theme) where we will have about 10 police cars this year that all look the same.

I had a "friend" over (He was a "friend"/roommate of a friend who I ended up liking more than my friend, but lost contact with :lol:). Anyways he's looking at my stuff and went "Wow all my childhood toys were thrown years ago". I'm like "These LEGOs came out in 2006 (Castle fantasy). My childhood was thrown out a lot too, it's why I buy it back". :D I also have random old toys from the 80s around, some Garfield, a Beanie Baby, some crazy TMNT cub, little 80s toys. I haven't bought any of the new Kingdoms theme, the "pink" minifigures and the color change (from dark blue to red) has bothered me. Plus I just find last year's sets to be typical Castle BS, which I don't really need. My favorite sets were the smaller onces but just didn't feel the ened for them because they wouldn't match the Fantasy years. However this year I will be buying the little blacksmith shop right away. I want the bad guy figures and the fact LEGO is making village sets for the "bad guys" to attack is great, something City needs to do more of. (We get a postal plane and a car but no post office? Finally got a bank to rob!)

What I'm really starting to like Space themes too. Castle gets a redo every 4-5 years or so, but doesn't change too much. A castle, a carriage, same grey colors. City rarely changes, but Space changes every two years. You don't like a theme wait two years and it will change. I really like that. LEGO can take some chances with it because if it doesn't sell, just fix it the next year.

This year I want most of, if not all the Atlantis sets, then some Alien Conquest sets, and Kingdoms. Maybe some NASA sets, we still haven't seen what they are yet.

[quote name='skiizim']I really didn't care for Space Police and only recently purchased a bunch of sets because it's been on clearance. I would really love to get into City but I know I'll overdue it buying up every set, I'll stick with the modular sets and trains and I might get the new shuttle theme.[/QUOTE]
Man, I relate to this. I had mostly ignored Space Police and Atlantis until recently but have ended up with quite a few of both. Also in regards to the City line I warn stay away. It is a great line, one that I started with only a handful of sets, but because it just keeps going and going it ends up demanding huge amounts of space and the sets just continue to pile up. Throw in the Creator houses and/or modular builds and you can end up with a huge and amazing city layout. I wish I had never started with City, as my 3rd favorite theme I should have just ignored it.

TLG has requested us to remove all $5 off $20 Brickmaster coupon codes on our site as the Customer Services Team has received a number of complaints tied back to the invalid code. To reduce the number of calls TLG is receiving in regards to this code, Toys N Bricks will no longer listed these codes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would also like to ask that all forum members refrain from posting them anymore. Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Code is BR120

As I asked there, why would the code need to be removed if it's invalid? Next time someone orders online see if you can use the code and tell the rest of us.

While S@H has not restocked any of their stuff I keep checking back and I have one question, how is it that the worst of the magnet sets is the one to have sold out? How could it be the more people chose prequel Palpatine and those 2 aliens over Han an Ewok and a Trooper, or Leia, C-3PO, and Ackbar. Hell, the Atlantis magnets are better than the one that sold out. I also noticed that the first key chain to sell out was Dooku from the cartoon show. WTF is that? Are people really that fucking stupid?

[quote name='ackbar7']While S@H has not restocked any of their stuff I keep checking back and I have one question, how is it that the worst of the magnet sets is the one to have sold out? How could it be the more people chose prequel Palpatine and those 2 aliens over Han an Ewok and a Trooper, or Leia, C-3PO, and Ackbar. Hell, the Atlantis magnets are better than the one that sold out. I also noticed that the first key chain to sell out was Dooku from the cartoon show. WTF is that? Are people really that fucking stupid?[/QUOTE]

The Clone Wars is really really popular with kids. As in, #1 selling boys toy popular.

(I wonder how vintage Star Wars stacks up?)

I don't know when but the Ewok set followed by Ackbar set.

I think what it really is, besides Clone Wars is on every day, are AFOLs buying the prequel sets for the minifigures. Chances are we will see the classic minifigures, but those weird aliens were probably special to that set.

If they had some system sets, or if I had some extra cash I'd buy a bunch of minifigures, I'd love to have Leia and some Atlantis guys.

clone wars has really helped me keep my lego spending in check, since i only buy OT sets for the most part.

my sons went through a brief clone wars phase but now say they don't like the show .. and they hate the cartoony minifigs.

B&N has a random coupon out by email

10---50% off

Pretty lame because you won't know till checkout

My coupon is 501721

[quote name='xycury']B&N has a random coupon out by email

10---50% off

Pretty lame because you won't know till checkout

My coupon is 501721[/QUOTE]
Your # is different from mine. I got 101341

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the clearance section at my local Target is gone and so are the Troll Fortresses I was hoping to see at 75% off. Bummer, should have bit at $50. :wall:

You've probably already seen this, but I got this from brickset.

Once again I've braved the near-freezing temperatures and a 2.5hr train journey to bring you LEGO news from the London Toy Fair. Today was the last day of the three day event, which was held at London Olympia. The LEGO stand was just about the biggest in the show and unlike neary all others there it was shrouded in secrecy, completely closed in, entry was by invitation only, and photography prohibited. I'm not really sure why because at the Nuremberg Speilwarenmesse in a couple of weeks it'll be more open and I suspect some photos will emerge.

So, in the meantime, you'll have to make do with my descriptions. I'll go through each theme that's being released in the second half of the year that's of interest to us here.

• Harbour will be the City theme. There will be something like 5 sets including a harbour featuring a grain loading terminal and cargo ship, a marina, a fishing boat, a speedboat and powerboat on a truck. All are said to float.
  • The Creator sets are excellent: there's another house with white walls and red roof, a yellow sports car much like previous Creator cars and best of all a Lighthouse which really was excellent, and very different from anything made before.
  • Technic was slightly disappointing with only two new sets on show: a flatbed car recovery truck (think car clamping and subsequent removal) which had a very neat Power Functions mechanism and a 'bucket truck': a small American-style vehicle with a raising platform on the back. There are two others slated for release but they were not in evidence at the show.
  • There's more Ninjago to come including some very cool looking dragons and other monsters for the Ninja to ride on.
  • Alien Conquest looked aboslutely superb. It features aliens and humans and abduction/autopsy seems to be the main theme. The aliens, of which I counted something like 4 variants, have lime green heads and look great. The humans have legs/torsoes made with a new shade of blue. One set featured an archetypal circular UFO with light underneath and a very clever mechanism to abduct any humans it swoops down on. I could tell Mark Stafford had designed some of these: his trademark style was evident all over :)
  • There are four new Kingdoms sets on the way of which two feature 'ordinary medieval village life', albeit with some marauding knights pillaging the place. The big news is that they feature new minifig-scale animals: chickens (in white and brown) and goats.
  • The Disney licenced room was shrounded in more secrecy than the rest of the stand and I will respect LEGO's request for confidentiality. Suffice to say that the Cars sets looked great. I was surprised as to how many are being released: something like 15 different sets. They won't appeal to everyone given there are no minifigs in them but they did look quite cute and they feature some neat parts in new colours.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean sets were also in there, of course, and the lady on the stand was somewhat surprised to hear that pictures had already been leaked online. The minifigs looked excellent and the 7 or so sets will feature something like 30 different figs. Jack Sparrow appears in them all and in every one he is different meaning that if you're a minifig collector you will need to buy every set...
  • There will be three new Harry Potter sets which will include something like 12-15 minifigs of which I estimate half of them to be new.
  • Two new SpongeBob sets (yawn...)
  • No less that nine Star Wars sets featuring a whole raft of new minfigs 'to die for' including a new Darth Maul, Savage Opress (wasn't he great in the latest episode of Clone Wars!) and Sebulba and Watto which are much improved on their previous incarnation. The Millennium Falcom looked pretty much like the older minifig versions: it still looked a bit rubbish, IMO. However the pod racers (Sebulba and Anakin's) were much improved on the old set. As you may have noticed in the databse there's going to be a Star Wars advent calendar. I'm not going to spoil any surprises and tell you what's in it, but needless to say it was excellent.
  • No new Atlantis or Pharaoh's Quest, and loads of more of the same HERO Factory. They'll be up to version 3.0 in the summer...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Looking forward to the Star Wars advent calendar.[/QUOTE]

Gotta get this for my son, I'll get my daughter one with candy (she did about 10 days worth last time and then lost interest).

Damn Toy Story Train is still $39.98 at Target...I get the feeling this set went straight to 50% off and now is waiting to go Out Of The System.

Got my site to store notification for my Slave 1 today. Yay! I love being able to order something on the internet to get it cheaper in store and then being able to determine when I'll get it (so I can better hide the purchase from my girlfriend...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back