LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Max Power']I just found out their is a lego store close to me (1hr). Probably going to hit the store up this week. So what star wars sets are suppose to be on clearance? Any other sets I should look for?[/QUOTE]

When I was at the Lego store, The pirate tank was on clearance for $15, Home One was one clearance for $35, the clone walker battle pack was on sale for $4.

If you get lucky and find an extra Home One beyond what you want. I will gladly pay you back plus shipping charges and whatnot.

Also, all of the prince of Persia sets should be on clearance

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']When I was at the Lego store, The pirate tank was on clearance for $15, Home One was one clearance for $35, the clone walker battle pack was on sale for $4.

If you get lucky and find an extra Home One beyond what you want. I will gladly pay you back plus shipping charges and whatnot.

Also, all of the prince of Persia sets should be on clearance[/QUOTE]

K, I will keep my eye open.

[quote name='Max Power']K, I will keep my eye open.[/QUOTE]

If you are going just for SW clearance, you should probably call first. My nearest store was cleaned out the first week after Christmas of Star Wars clearance. Hate to see you make an hour drive just to find a few key chains marked down.

You can call ahead and ask the person that answers to inform you about what clearance items they have in stock. Anything that peaks your interest they can set aside for you up for 24 hours. The items you put on hold will be waiting behind the counter for you. All of the Lego Stores in Illinois do that for me so I would hope it is a Lego Store common courtesy.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Might be able to snatch a Battle of Alamut for $23 clearance....the set doesn't seem too bad...[/QUOTE]

I really want that set but I haven't seen it for any less than the Anazon sale around $58.

I wish I had a Lego Store closer, or for it to stop snowing so I might be near Boston. If you see it for $23 buy it and then sell me it. :p

Went to TRU for the 20% off sale. Picked up Police Minifig collection, Traveler, and Scarab Attack. They still had some leftover Creator snowmen for 40 cents so I got 5 more for spare parts. It's gonna be hard to buy Legos right now for me, got my hours cut so I can't buy as much as I'd like, so the only time I've been purchasing is when they have sales like this.

Swung by walmart. Didn't grab anything, but they had.
Space Police Undercover Cruiser (5983) - $14.50
Emperor Palpatines Shuttle (8096) - $40
Portal of Atlantis (8078) -$49.50 - Box was opened.

Sorry, I didn't even notice that.

[quote name='ireladd']Unfortunately this coupon is limited to ONLY Borders Plus members. Those of us with the standard membership are left in the cold.[/QUOTE]

Might want to check out tj maxx

Lego Atlantis 8061 $29.99
Lego Separatist Shuttle 8036 $19.99
another star wars set that looked like a wheel thing $16.99
a ton of the kindom and city mini sets $1.99 (the $2.99 sets)

Cleared out the local TRU of the Christmas snow man bags at $.40 each, and also found the Bricktober magnet classic minifig #4 - Black Falcon. Cost? $.01 :lol:

[quote name='anthony.michael.rosa']^ When I read your signature, I can't help but picture you as Andy from 40 year old virgin. In no way do I mean this as an offensive manner. :)[/QUOTE]

And your location makes me think of "Out in Public", are you into that? You are probably their number 1 star. :p

Picked up the last of the Series 3 at the local Target, along with 2x Police Minifigure Collection and a Police Prisoner Transport (7286) for 20% each + $5 off. Ended up being about 35% off total. One of the Police Minifig collections is for my son the play with, the other two sets are for me to play with ;).

toysandbricks.com has nice pictures of the Kingdoms sets... best human / human Castle sets in a long time, they also have pics of series 5

Those Kingdoms sets are nice. Really like the windmill and the blacksmith. I also like that we are getting a few more of the green dragon guys and a smaller base/castle for them. They were dramatically outgunned/manned in the first bunch of sets and it is nice to see a little more balance. My guess is I buy all 4 of those sets.

Make sure you track down the source of those images (the site in the watermark). There are some great new sets that are shown only in the video.

And come on. Alien Conquest is something that we've all been wanting to get a better glance at ever since we saw those blurry images weeks ago.

Brain slugs!

That is all.

(search "LEGO" on the site, and look for the article with a 05.02.2011 datestamp)

I'd link it, but Lego is trying to get the online community to turn on itself, and I'd rather not lose my account because of some jackass.

advice needed...

I can get one of a couple sets here locally at B&N with the groupon and 30% off coupon- which seems like a better deal to people???

LEGO® Space Police Central 5985 for ~ $50

LEGO Police Station 7498 for ~ $60

Lego Star Wars Tie Defender 8087 ~ $27

Lego City Police Mobile Police Unit 7288 ~ $23

LEGO Star Wars Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship 7930 for ~ $24

which would you pick??? or any other suggestions from sets B&N carries???

Much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for the bounty hunter ship, but that's because I decided that the space police base has kind of a low piece count.

I'd buy the Space police station. It looks awesome and has the rare baseplate. Haha

SP was a fun theme I wish I got in on it's sales.

I didn't buy any because I can't remember the last thing I bought from BN.

Toys and bricks has more new pictures. These pictures are from the German Toy Fair and LEGO allows pictures.

http://www.spieletest.at/bericht.php?ID=865

That was the link I was talking about, I just didn't want to be the one who posted it ;)

I love the brain slugs :)

Make sure to check out the vids.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']That was the link I was talking about, I just didn't want to be the one who posted it ;)

I love the brain slugs :)

Make sure to check out the vids.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Lego checks this site :lol:

Lego allows pictures from now on. We will get a ton of them in the next few weeks. The summer themes look amazing.

Aww! Looks like Alien Conquest ditched the trans-yellow windshields we saw in the earlier blurry shots. Too bad, I really wanted some trans-yellow. Other than that, the sets look great. And that windmill castle farm is a must buy.

Space Police Central is a great set--def the one to go for from your list.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Do you think Lego checks this site :lol:

Lego allows pictures from now on. We will get a ton of them in the next few weeks. The summer themes look amazing.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you never know! It wouldn't surprise me to find out you were really a LEGO Rep.! :whistle2:$

[quote name='scp89']ackbar posted a link on page 18 for the 30% coupon[/QUOTE] ok thanks- I wonder what I will get Lego, books or a board game.

I have never used Groupon before. If I buy a coupon do they just email me a code to use online?

I'd think about getting the Space Police set for $50 with the groupon and the code. I'm afraid with my luck the coupon will not be good on LEGOs as soon as I want to use it.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Haha, you never know! It wouldn't surprise me to find out you were really a LEGO Rep.! :whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

The world's angriest LEGO rep ;)

[quote name='etcrane']The world's angriest LEGO rep ;)[/QUOTE]

A Lego rep that bad mouths Eurobricks at every chance. :lol:

Speaking of which I really love the Kingdom sets that Eurobricks just knew were never coming out this year. :roll:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have never used Groupon before. If I buy a coupon do they just email me a code to use online?

I'd think about getting the Space Police set for $50 with the groupon and the code. I'm afraid with my luck the coupon will not be good on LEGOs as soon as I want to use it.[/QUOTE]

The code from Groupon is a virtual gift card so it should work in store and online on everything.

The coupon for 30% is good till march 7th....

One should be able to use both on anything online for anything Lego.

I just bought one of the DK books because it would save me $4 over amazon.

Sucks because they didn't have anything I wanted (In Store)... some old atlantis, hero factory, the large space police base which I have, and some crud racer sets.

there was nothing in the $30 range or even higher, I wanted since the coupon was only for one item.

so which one should I get for my other one.....?

Garmadon's Dark Fortress 2505 for about 30 after tax and free shipping
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toy...Fortress-2505/e/673419144872/?itm=8&USRI=lego

or

Rise of the Sphinx 7326 for about 12 after tax and free shipping I think....
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toy...-Sphinx-7326/e/673419145145/?itm=22&USRI=lego

Last edited by a moderator:
Online you can apply up to 3 of these, and contrary to the opinion in the groupon thread, it appears to work fine. I used 2 when ordering my Bounty Hunter ship and it is scheduled to ship tomorrow. The SP base would only cost you around $30 if you bought 3 and used them for your order.

Has anyone tried to use the 30% BN coupon on the upcoming PotC sets? That would make it 40% off out the gate, coupled with the Groupon...hmmm.

I'm seriously considering picking up the rest of the Space Police III sets I don't have. There's only about half a dozen more that I need now. The only problem though, is that one of them is the Max Security Transport which, like most Target exclusives, disappeared overnight and shot up in value. I just can't decide how must of a completionist I want to be with Space Police III. I have most of them already and its so darn tempting to snatch up the rest before they are completely gone (they've already been de-listed from Shop at Home).

Anyone have any idea where I can pick up Max Security Transport for less than the $70-100 it would be on Amazon or Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back