LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='doubledown']Has someone seen the Lego Advent Calendar (Star Wars) drop below $19.90 at WALMART? Still seems pricey considering it is an XMAS thing.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seem them cheaper than that, even worse is the fact that almost every one of the boxes I've seen in my local Walmart have been opened and some of the bags are missing.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I haven't seem them cheaper than that, even worse is the fact that almost every one of the boxes I've seen in my local Walmart have been opened and some of the bags are missing.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart is pretty bad about marking down toys further from there initial clearance. If you didn't find one at Target for $10 I suggest you just pick it up!

With TJ Maxx, has anyone seen the items ring up at a lower price than their price tags? Just curious as to how good they are with upkeeping their prices with their registers...

[quote name='roland13x']With TJ Maxx, has anyone seen the items ring up at a lower price than their price tags? Just curious as to how good they are with upkeeping their prices with their registers...[/QUOTE]

No, not from what I've seen around here anyway. The prices are based on whatever stickered barcode they've put on the item. It's not unusual to see two of the same item with different prices, and they really will scan that way.

Forgot to mention I got my Lego clearance on Saturday:

SW Republic Swamp Speeder
Bonezai spinner
Krayzi spinner
Bossk Keychain

Not bad for $28 shipped

Hey guys, I saw the prince of Persia alamut set at tj Maxx and I'm thinking about picking it up. 59.99. Does that seem like a fair price and is the set any good. Also I saw a woodys roundup and cars 2 Tokyo pit stop set there as well. Are some of these "salvaged" items are making their way to these discount retailers as well.

[quote name='jimivegas']Hey guys, I saw the prince of Persia alamut set at tj Maxx and I'm thinking about picking it up. 59.99. Does that seem like a fair price and is the set any good. Also I saw a woodys roundup and cars 2 Tokyo pit stop set there as well. Are some of these "salvaged" items are making their way to these discount retailers as well.[/QUOTE]

PoP and the Pit Stop ones weren't very popular. They were here on clearance for ages. They're probably salvage.

I think Tokyo Pit Stop wasn't a big hit because it was only available at TRU. The PoP sets might have done better without the license, who knows. A lot of nice pieces in that theme.

Yah the battle for alamut set looks pretty awesome. I just watched a review on it via The brickshow. I
Might have to pull the trigger on that thing and combine it with my pharoahs quest pyramid.

Yeah, PoP was a great theme that was stuck with a terrible license. If it as taken as just a Persian that than a Prince of Persia theme it has some great decent builds, and some definitely unique stuff.
As for the Cars sets I have come to accept that I really like all of them, and there is just something about the individual cars "figures" that I love. Tokyo Pit Stop is how to get Guido and Luigi so I would recommend it.

lol... Mixed up Tokyo Pit Stop with Tokyo Speedway. >_<

My kid loves the Cars theme, I really dig how they expanded on the characters in the third wave.

The cars 2 theme is starting to grab my attention as well. The big Bentley set looks interesting. $35.90 at my Walmart. Also flos cafe looks pretty nice packed with the cars and all. $45 at my Walmart as well. But I still can't stop thinking of that battle of alamut set! Looks friking amazing. Arrgh decisions decisions.

I would go with the PoP just because it's only going to get harder to find and who knows how much it would cost later on down the line. The Wal-Mart clearance is already into it's first month and I can still find the bigger Cars sets, so the decisions is up to you.

[quote name='TheHelix']Damn...I should probably look for Battle of Amalut. It's the only PoP set I don't have.[/QUOTE]
It is also the only set I don't have. I think it is the only one that I never saw get super cheap. At this point I probably will never get it, but it is a very nice set.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is also the only set I don't have. I think it is the only one that I never saw get super cheap. At this point I probably will never get it, but it is a very nice set.[/QUOTE]

I was able to pick one up for $27 around this time last year. Our stores had a crazy clearance on PoP because they wouldn't move from our shelves. The beige/cream bricks are killer in this set and a lot of the accessories. I pretty much parted all my PoP sets.

I'd scoop it up at $60 in an instant.

The more I see these LOTR images, the more I like them. This theme will likely bring more people out of their LEGO dark ages.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']The more I see these LOTR images, the more I like them. This theme will likely bring more people out of their LEGO dark ages.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until I see what the sets look like, but I still rather have Kingdoms over LotR.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm waiting until I see what the sets look like, but I still rather have Kingdoms over LotR.[/QUOTE]
I sort of feel this way. I really liked the Kingdoms sets, but if the LotR sets show the same improvement as the minifigs have I will be happy with the LotR theme.

Yes the kingdoms sets were awesome but i have high hopes for the lotr line. i can't wait. on a side note: has anyone of you guys built port royal from the potc sets whiecap bay and london escape? im looking for a proper review but cant find one. Also, i've made up my mind and im pretty sure ill be picking up that alamut set today for 59.99. It's a toss up between that or my final fantasy xiii-2 ce preorder at gamestop. Let you know how it goes.

[quote name='maesterjay']let me help with that.... click here :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't think bigdaddy needs the help. He was the first one here to mention them. Plus we're all waiting for final pics, not just prelims.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Toysnbricks have a video with the LotR sets. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't think bigdaddy needs the help. He was the first one here to mention them. Plus we're all waiting for final pics, not just prelims.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we have seen those horrible set pictures in the video. They make me want Kingdoms back even more. However I'm waiting for final pictures to make a judgement.

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't think bigdaddy needs the help. He was the first one here to mention them. Plus we're all waiting for final pics, not just prelims.[/QUOTE]

lol... I was going to leave a nasty post but I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic with the laughing emotion. There are a few of you in here including bigdaddy that break the news in this thread.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I was going to leave a nasty post but I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic with the laughing emotion. There are a few of you in here including bigdaddy that break the news in this thread.[/QUOTE]

just trying to help spread the pics... many sites had been forced to take them down so I wasn't sure if everyone got to see them... it actually took me multiple tries on google to make sure that the pictures would be close to the top... no disrespect intended.

Oh my.. I didn't even know the LOTR set images were leaked, I find none of the sets to be special at all..

Now I'll go buy the rest of the Kingdoms I'm missing. So disappointed! :(

you can't judge by preliminary pics - gotta wait for the real thing.

i remember some of us picked up alamut last year this time when it was half-off. encendido got it for 24 bucks at the lego store. wish *i* lived near a lego store... anyway, love the set. i turned it into a princess castle. who needs lego's friends line?

i blew it and didn't pull the trigger on the slave I when it was on sale at target.com. because i was too cheap to pay for the shipping. suffered terrible not-buyer's remorse, so i went ahead and picked it up from amazon when it was an anemic 10% off. i hate myself.

[quote name='aunt beast']you can't judge by preliminary pics - gotta wait for the real thing.

i remember some of us picked up alamut last year this time when it was half-off. encendido got it for 24 bucks at the lego store. wish *i* lived near a lego store... anyway, love the set. i turned it into a princess castle. who needs lego's friends line?

i blew it and didn't pull the trigger on the slave I when it was on sale at target.com. because i was too cheap to pay for the shipping. suffered terrible not-buyer's remorse, so i went ahead and picked it up from amazon when it was an anemic 10% off. i hate myself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they had a massive mark down on the PoP stuff. I havent seen anything that crazy this year. Although I haven't really been looking since I've been banned from buying new stuff :lol: My wife doesn't include herself in the ban though. She bought me the star wars advent calendar, the life of George, and the KreO Optimus (I know it's not Lego...)

Sell those extra MF's and I'm sure you'll get a smile back on your face ;)

Just FYI for anyone with a Lego Store nearby, Friday & Saturday we're giving away a free Speed Boat (4641) with a purchase of at least $35 and you "mention" you're a Lego Club member. There's really no way to check that membership, so pretty much anyone who asks about it gets one.

[quote name='iflabs']New sets marked down by 50% at Walmart stores. I got a Millennium Falcon for $69 from it.[/QUOTE]

It's on! Was it marked or did you scan to check price?

[quote name='skiizim']It's on! Was it marked or did you scan to check price?[/QUOTE]

Shelf tagged for $69. Out of 7 locations I stopped by, only two had them for clearance. If you can find the Police Station clearanced, the Millennium Falcon will also be clearanced, at least to my observation.

Search up and down aisles if you see the clearance tag. One lone Falcon was stashed in a different aisle despite seeing an empty shelf where the clearance tag stood.

I picked up the city spaceport for $35, sw bounty hunter ship for $25, and ultimate mater for $15. Only store i remember having queen anne on clearance is 100 miles away...if only gas was cheaper!

Also saw sw goenosian fighter and darth mauls ship for half off.

[quote name='180husher']I picked up the city spaceport for $35, sw bounty hunter ship for $25, and ultimate mater for $15. Only store i remember having queen anne on clearance is 100 miles away...if only gas was cheaper!

Also saw sw goenosian fighter and darth mauls ship for half off.[/QUOTE]

From Walmart or Target?

[quote name='Pirate331']...you "mention" you're a Lego Club member. There's really no way to check that membership, so pretty much anyone who asks about it gets one.[/QUOTE]

You say that as if anyone in this thread isn't a LEGO Club Member :)

The Target Minifig series 6 stock tracker link posted a while back is finally working (ie:my local Target just got some in for the first time)

[quote name='salty tbone']I found Series 6 minifigures today at Target.

Click the DPCI for the store locator: 204-00-0211[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kerig']The Target Minifig series 6 stock tracker link posted a while back is finally working (ie:my local Target just got some in for the first time)[/QUOTE]

Only one out of the 10 closest stores to me shows "available." This is the hardest series for me to find ever since they jacked the price to 2.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back