LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aunt beast']you can't judge by preliminary pics - gotta wait for the real thing.[/QUOTE]

I would usually say that about a lot of things but for Lego & their leaked pics for the past (POTC) are absolutely not far off from the actual product at all. I'm not saying I'm slightly disappointed by LOTR and maybe their color schemes/small details can change it, I mean it as in I don't like the sets at all.

Also for anyone looking for the Black Pearl, it's $79 again on Amazon as of right now. Cheers!

[quote name='180husher']I picked up the city spaceport for $35, sw bounty hunter ship for $25, and ultimate mater for $15. Only store i remember having queen anne on clearance is 100 miles away...if only gas was cheaper!

Also saw sw goenosian fighter and darth mauls ship for half off.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by 3 Walmarts today and I wish my Walmarts had that kinda stuff. I picked up the Alien Conquest Tripod for $13, Log Cabin for $15 and the Ninja Go Earth Dragon for $17. None of the stores had the Falcon and none of them had any of the Star Wars stuff at half off.

Also stopped at a Target and I hate that they all salvaged their lego clearance after 50%, total bummer.

edit: also saw the Alien Conquest Mothership for $30, Lighthouse Island for $30 and Mobile Police Unit for $21. I was really tempted to get the lighthouse but decided not to.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Stopped by 3 Walmarts today and I wish my Walmarts had that kinda stuff. I picked up the Alien Conquest Tripod for $13, Log Cabin for $15 and the Ninja Go Earth Dragon for $17. None of the stores had the Falcon and none of them had any of the Star Wars stuff at half off.

Also stopped at a Target and I hate that they all salvaged their lego clearance after 50%, total bummer.

edit: also saw the Alien Conquest Mothership for $30, Lighthouse Island for $30 and Mobile Police Unit for $21. I was really tempted to get the lighthouse but decided not to.[/QUOTE]

Did the store have anymore earth dragons? Can't find the set around here.

Went to Walmart as well to see if any new clearance on SW legos/. THey were picked clean, the gunship rang up at full price but they had anrc 170 that rang up for $30 so I bit on it. DO not know if its nationwide though.

Here are my pick ups from walmart today:

Police Station 7498 - $49.00
Prisinoer Transport 7286 - $9.00 (bought 3)
Mack's Team Truck 8486 - $19.00
Ultimate Mater 8677 - $7.50!!! (Bought 6)
Tripod Invader 7051 - $10.00
UFO Abduction 7052 - $15.00

I want to trade the Ultimate Build MAters. I'm looking for a Log Cabin or a Mobile Police Unit. Or just PM me with what you have.

[quote name='Max Power']Did the store have anymore earth dragons? Can't find the set around here.[/QUOTE]

Nope, just the 1. I'd be more than willing to trade it if you've got something I'd want.

On a side note, has anyone seen any of the new Lego Star Wars sets in Target? I read online that Anakin's Jedi Intercepter 9494 is a Target exclusive, but it says on Target.com that it's not sold in stores. That'd be pretty silly if you ask me.
http://www.target.com/p/Lego-9494-Anakin-s-Jedi-Interceptor/-/A-13997373

Went to a Wal-Mart near my parents house today and grabbed the last police station at half off. They had a bunch of the space launch set, but I wasn't interested enough to check the price.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']On a side note, has anyone seen any of the new Lego Star Wars sets in Target? I read online that Anakin's Jedi Intercepter 9494 is a Target exclusive, but it says on Target.com that it's not sold in stores. That'd be pretty silly if you ask me.
http://www.target.com/p/Lego-9494-Anakin-s-Jedi-Interceptor/-/A-13997373[/QUOTE]
I don't know about Target, but it's definitely in my store. Same Jedi starfighter deal as the previous ones, but I like the little Battle on Mustafar "mini-set" that comes with it. Plus I like the Sith eyes they put on the Anakin minifig.

Walmart Haul:
Turbo Tank - 60
Prisoner Transport - 9
Creator Log Cabin - 15
Marina - 25
Mobile Police Unit - 25

Gonna double check the pieces on the Turbo Tank. The box looks like it was a previous return so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a complete set.

Passed on:
Mater Ultimate Build - 15
Knight Bus - 25
Bounty Hunter Assault - 25
Creator Lighthouse - 30
Space Station - 25

[quote name='Pirate331'] Plus I like the Sith eyes they put on the Anakin minifig.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why im getting this set. His eyes look so cool!

Any Halo/Megabloks collectors here? Picked up some clearance legos and noticed that some of the Halo sets were clearanced also. I wasn't too keen on Megabloks sets in the past (quality compared to Lego) but the kids were begging for the USNC Falcon, which admittedly looks really cool, especially at $20.

I'm debating whether to get the rest of the clearance sets, there were about 5 different ones total.

Found a couple sets at my walmart. Of course I already had the star wars sets but couldn't pass up %50 off.

Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers $45
T-6 Jedi shuttle $30
Alien Conquest Mothership $30
Alien Conquest UFO Abduction $21

heh heh - I know I previously said I was done shopping until the next series of MFs, and the summer and end of year clearance sales, BUT I just HAD to stop by a few Wal-Marts today since this new clearance is going on.
My haul :D :
Hogwart's Castle $64 !!!
Fire Temple $60
Log Cabin $15 x2 (I want a few more but that's all they had)
Alien Mothership $30
Fire Station $40
POTC London Escape $25 x2 (I might want another to fill out the tavern a bit)
Creator 5765 $9
Toy Story Army Men $7
and a sweet-looking die cast 70's van with He-Man/Battle Cat custom deco $3

There were a bunch of Star Wars LEGO "placeholders" - cardboard boxes with images of the new X-Wing and a statement like "new SW sets Coming Feb 10th" I expect they will want to get rid of most of the older sets by that date.

Didn't see any SW Falcons or other POTC on clearance, except one store had several $80 Queen Annes, which I already bought for $75 last Sept. I saw lots of SW T-6s for $30 at one store that had likely been picked through by a dealer (all other LEGO clearance had completely vanished except for the empty shelf tags) - I guess dealers/collectors don't care for that ship too much. The next Nuckal's ATV perhaps? ;) I can't believe I still see that, the Skull Truck, and Rise of the Sphinx after all this time has passed. LEGO failures!

Ugh, my Wal-Mart didn't have any of them on clearance (Just regular price) but there are more I can check out...once the roads recover from this snow storm, ack!

In other news, I'm gonna post up in the Lego group about what figures I have for trade.

Thanks iflabs for posting your find. Yesterday I went to WalMart here in Roseville, CA to find nothing on clearance, but decided to stop back in again this morning after a grocery run. I found, and picked up:

7984 Deep Sea Raider - $15
4840 Harry Potter The Burrow - $30
7986 City of Atlantis - $35
7066 Earth Defense HQ - $45

If anyone else is in the area, they had at least ten of the Deep Sea Raider sets available, a few City of Atlantis, and one more Earth Defense HQ. I recently returned to LEGO with an interest in MOCs, so this was a great way to build up a library of bricks. Do these types of sales usually happen seasonally? I haven't shopped at WalMart for LEGO before, but I did notice that this year Target salvaged their sets at 50% off. I was holding out on some clearance items at Target that literally disappeared overnight. Is WalMart the same with their clearance, or do they sometimes dip below 50% off?

Thanks again to everyone who posts in this thread.

Stopped by a walmart and saw queen annes revenge in the clearance aisle with a red shelf tag at the regular retail of $120. Scanned at this price as well. Is that normal or a precursor to a real clearance price?

Found a SW turbo tank on clearance at target untagged at 30%. Hope it survives to 50% unnoticed, my kids love any and all SW sets. Hoping to score some of the sets people are finding at walmart.

[quote name='grendel19']Stopped by a walmart and saw queen annes revenge in the clearance aisle with a red shelf tag at the regular retail of $120. Scanned at this price as well. Is that normal or a precursor to a real clearance price?[/QUOTE]

Maybe a precursor, but sometimes it's just that Walmart's way of messing with you. There are a couple stores near me that have had Space Police sets with red prices tags at MSRP for years. But there also are other stores that had sets with red shelf tags at MSRP but scanned at half off.

The first round of clearance after Christmas seemed to be universal at Walmart, but everything since has been YMMV all over the place. I have still found way better finds there this year than Target. I also remember finding a bunch of sets at Kmart for cheap last post-Christmas but it was barren this year beside the PQ serpent set.

Grabbed some series 6 at Target yesterday. Kids and I really like this series. I think they nailed it with all the different extra pieces...bandit mask, the steak, surgeon hat, genie hat. Eventhough we don't care for the figure, like the sleepy head, we want the teddy bear that comes with it.

Walmart clearance is strange this year. First we had the national 50% off markdown that everyone could get. The next round of 30% off was random. It seems to me that smaller stores with less shelf space for legos marked down more sets whereas some of the bigger stores didn't even have a second markdown. Now those stores dropped from 30% to 50%, and it sounds that there is another new round of 30% drops like the lighthouse.

[quote name='grendel19']Stopped by a walmart and saw queen annes revenge in the clearance aisle with a red shelf tag at the regular retail of $120. Scanned at this price as well. Is that normal or a precursor to a real clearance price?

[/QUOTE]

Also faced the same problem. I've been eying a walmart for a QAR that had a red shelf tag for retail price. Last night I checked again and they only marked it down to $100 even (tag dates 2/3/2012). Bummer.

Black Pearls were the same deal, but they were gone. I didn't see any new markdown. Wish there was an easy way to check store prices without having to haul the item to the scanners.

[quote name='iflabs']Also faced the same problem. I've been eying a walmart for a QAR that had a red shelf tag for retail price. Last night I checked again and they only marked it down to $100 even (tag dates 2/3/2012). Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I got Queen Anne from a smaller Wal-mart last September for $75, which wasn't even a usual clearance time for the bigger stores. Only one week before I got it for $75, it was $100 like your store. So I would keep checking your store for a further markdown if I were you.

Found Series 6 at Walmart when I went to check clearance. Wanted a genie, Minotaur, pink girl, robot. Ended up with 2 wants, at least.

2012-02-04_11-53-49_196.jpg

Hit two Walmarts today with my 4yr old and bought the following:

Cars 2 Bentley Bustout - $35
SW Palpatine's Shuttle - $30
Nuckal ATV - $12
Ultimate Mater - $15
Two Ninjago spinners - $3.70 each

Was hoping to find Fire Temple, Earth Dragon, or more SW sets but no luck.

target had series 6 available as stated by the posted DCI number, but when I got there, both had them in the back.

ugh... they weren't going to put them out till mid next week. They told me how many I want and they could grab them....

I said screw that and just give me a box. I only want a few extra Romans but I'll return once I know I have a set.

Anyways, TRU's pricing is awful, if I didn't have any reward certs on that purchase I would return the few I did buy.

Thought about posting it ... but then, it was on the front page so figured everyone had seen it ;)

Dunno, I like the concept of LOTR LEGO sets but I'm not feeling the Shelob (sp? Dunno not the biggest fan as you can see) set and it's kind of annoying that I would need to buy that set to complete the Fellowship ... as well as some of the other mediocre sets. Probably will go for the Moria set though, like the cave troll ... but I swear if Lego releases a Balrog set at some point, that will truly be a set that I shall not pass ... up at the store. I'm here all week ...

There will be two waves of LotR this year, and most likely two next year. You might not have to buy only the expensive sets to get all the minifigures.

Well I have scoured a few Wallmarts over the last few days and saw a few of the things others reported though not always the same price. The one thing I finally biton was City Marina for $25. Would really like to find Creator cabin, apple tree house or Harry Potter Burrows if anyone finds it and is willing to ship

Toys R Us is having a "Cyber Monday" deal today with 20% off LEGO Harry Potter and Pirates.

Don't get excited, though--doesn't even take the TRU tax off. The HP Quidditch match (msrp $19) WITH the sale is only $30.39 instead of $37.99! Wow! Is that right? Didi I stumble onto TRU Canda's site? No, that's really the price today--on sale!

Why you gotta play that way, TRU?

[quote name='cassidyarch']Toys R Us is having a "Cyber Monday" deal today with 20% off LEGO Harry Potter and Pirates.

Don't get excited, though--doesn't even take the TRU tax off. The HP Quidditch match (msrp $19) WITH the sale is only $30.39 instead of $37.99! Wow! Is that right? Didi I stumble onto TRU Canda's site? No, that's really the price today--on sale!

Why you gotta play that way, TRU?[/QUOTE]

Those are really outrageous prices. I know for some folks TRU is about the only option they have in their area to purchase Lego, but at this point I wouldn't even visit their website. These guys must make a killing anyway considering they are still kicking in today's market.

Found a Clone Turbo Tank on clearance for $80. Decided to pass, but anyone in the valley that is interested can send me a PM for the Target store info.

Went to another Walmart but it was cleaned out. Did buy some Series 6 minifigs though and the podracer planet set.

And WTF at $13 battle packs.

[quote name='TheHelix']Went to another Walmart but it was cleaned out. Did buy some Series 6 minifigs though and the podracer planet set.

And WTF at $13 battle packs.[/QUOTE]

I was at a Walmart. Had PotC, lighthouse, space sets, Alien Conquest all nice and neat in there new home around the incoming 2012 sets. Not one on sale.

I really want some Heroica sets, they had a $20 one and a $15 one. Neither on sale, but no less than 50 of each.

Same deal at my Walmart today, tons of AC/Pirates/Cars 2, no deals. I've heard discussion that the SUPERWalmarts don't have the deals. The clearance deals are at regular Walmarts. Any truth to this?

Seems to be the deal around here for this clearance cycle. Went to a walmart that had a small lego section and they had tons of clearance. went to one that had a small lego section and they didnt have anything new on clearance.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Same deal at my Walmart today, tons of AC/Pirates/Cars 2, no deals. I've heard discussion that the SUPERWalmarts don't have the deals. The clearance deals are at regular Walmarts. Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've noticed. There are a couple Super Walmarts near me that haven't added clearance since the initial post-Christmas markdown. But there are plenty of others that have yielded great finds. Walmarts are highly YMMV right now.

Next week, TRU will have series 6 mini figures 2 for $5. Some Star Wars sets will also be 30% off.

The following week, Buy 1 get 1 50% off (excludes Star Wars, Friends and Mindstorm)

If it's regular Wal-Marts that have them on sale...that's what I'll check next because most of the Wal-Marts around here are Supercenters, lol.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Same deal at my Walmart today, tons of AC/Pirates/Cars 2, no deals. I've heard discussion that the SUPERWalmarts don't have the deals. The clearance deals are at regular Walmarts. Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

None at all. I was at an old crapy Walmart and no sales.

one walmart I checked had a pathetic lego section that was dwarfed by the halo mega block stuff. Another had the POTC sets, but not on clearance.

Maybe I just overlooked stuff though. The stores were pretty trashy and had clearance shelves scattered all over the store in no apparent order.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']If it's regular Wal-Marts that have them on sale...that's what I'll check next because most of the Wal-Marts around here are Supercenters, lol.[/QUOTE]

Found the Millennium Falcon at a super center. Seems like locations that are thinning out their Lego aisle will put more sets on clearance.

[quote name='bkfountain']one walmart I checked had a pathetic lego section that was dwarfed by the halo mega block stuff. Another had the POTC sets, but not on clearance.

Maybe I just overlooked stuff though. The stores were pretty trashy and had clearance shelves scattered all over the store in no apparent order.[/QUOTE]Out of 5 Walmarts I hit over this weekend, 4 were just incredibly disorganized. This is why I typically avoid Walmarts like the plague.

The lone Walmart that I found a bunch of clearance Lego's was immaculate, completely organized, and shelved properly. That should be the model for all other local Walmarts around here. I went back to the same store today and they even properly removed the shelf tags that had no stock left. Amazing. Too bad I couldn't find the SW Pod Racer set anymore... should have picked it up yesterday. They also had a shelf tag for the Sith Infiltrator but had no stock. Disappointed on that one. Was able to pick up a T-6 Shuttle at least.

OTOH, a few Targets around me are starting to clearance General Grievous Starship. Didn't want to risk waiting until 50% so I grabbed one at 30% for now. If I get lucky later, I'll just do a return at the 30% price.

Eh, I actually love the disorganized stores. That's where I find all my great clearance stuff lol. Found a number of sets at Walmart for 50% off today, and only one was actually tagged as clearance.

SW Bounty Hunter Ship
SW Geonosian Starfight
AC Mothership
AC UFO Abduction
AC Alien Defender
PQ Scarab Attack

Walked away with all of this for under $100. Best score I've had since finding the Battle of Endor for 50% off last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back