LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pirate331']Not Lego related, but TRU was having a crazy sale/glitch on certain Star Wars action figures a couple years back; I ended up getting 68 stormtroopers and 2 EpIII Anakins. They shipped the stormtroopers in individual boxes with a bubble in each one.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7255584&postcount=442[/QUOTE]
That sale was epic. So much random TRU crap, and lots and lots of SW figures. USPS was super pissed at me for that sale. Every item I got was individually shipped and they ended up with 2 pallets of stuff for me that they made me go in and pick up.

[quote name='Pirate331']Not Lego related, but TRU was having a crazy sale/glitch on certain Star Wars action figures a couple years back; I ended up getting 68 stormtroopers and 2 EpIII Anakins. They shipped the stormtroopers in individual boxes with a bubble in each one.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7255584&postcount=442[/QUOTE]

I remember that, there was so much random crap the hard part was looking for good stuff.

lol

I think TRU tends to repeat this....

Over at Toysnbricks, they had reported that the last sunday sale, 10 off 50 w/ code did the same thing but was fixed by Monday morning when I read about it.

People were getting $10 SW Advents...like x9.

Seemed to have worked on the Marvel/Avengers sets, which it wasn't suppose to, that was how the glitch was found, get your order just over 50 with the first three sets, and it lopped off 10 on each set.

I think Capt's bike was 4.99, and the next two sets were 12.99.

I think no one reported getting their order canceled unless they attempted to pick up at store and they didn't have any.

Went to TRU this morning and picked up two Jetski Batman polybags (one for my desk at work) and one of the City race car polybags (looks more like a go-kart to me) which I had never seen before.
I am assuming that around the time the movie is released there will be a sale on the Avengers sets, decided to hold onto my $10 off $50 purchase coupon until then

Batcave dropped to 57.99 on Amazon.
Also one was on AWD Like New for 50.45. It said it had minor damage to the package. I am expecting this to be like most boxes you see at TRU.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']God damn it, I put in an order for it on Thursday because i figured there was no way it was gonna drop lower.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't decide if I wanted to get it or not a couple of days ago. I was happy to pick it up for ~$50.

I had no trouble getting a Space Marine, I felt at least six while trying to find a full set. The rare one for me was the Bunny. Somebody in my area is building a Bunny army!

O M G

Guess who found 2 boxes in a display side not hanged up in Kmart today????

Picked out all the ones I needed.

Most hated minigure: that pink rock star... there must be at least 5 per box.

Bunnies and bag pipers and swimmers were the fewest. I think I found only 3 of each from two boxes.

I just wonder how long it was sitting there.

3 per box- aztek, bride, merman, rabbit, red ridding hood, rocker, swimmer.
4 per box- bagpipper, hippie, programmer, daredevil, tennis, viking.
5 per box- knight, spaceman, tarzan.
can confirm this count on a new sealed box at tru i picked up. saw the same count on a few other sites as well.

Yeah, I haven't gotten one in at least five years, but when I saw that set online I knew I had to have it; personally, it was the Magneto figure that convinced me.

But I have to wait until I get home this weekend to buy it.

I'm gonna try and reassemble a bunch of my old sets this summer. They're all in pieces under my stairs.

All 3 of those figures are perfect. The captain america and iron man figs look a little silly. Same boat here with the old sets, man. I started digging up my old star wars sets because my girlfriend actually thinks they're cool. I feel like a kid again.

[quote name='Multicron']Check your local Wal-Mart for series 7 - they had a whole rack of them for $2.97 each.[/QUOTE]

I've been out of the LEGO scene for a while; what is series 7?

For those with a sywr card at kmart, the $5 in free points ended today. Dont know if everyone got free points but i got an email reminder a few days ago that it expired today. Went and picked up a small set today.

Just got this email: 30% off Lego board games at TRU Friday and Saturday.

Apparently does not exclude Heroica like last Lego game sale.

got another free $5 in points from kmart today! they expire on the 30th. more legos for me! finished up my black knight army today at tru. hate to pay their premium but they are the only store by me that has minifigs consistantly.

Was at Wal-mart today so I checked for Series 7. Nothing at all anywhere, but sure enough in one of those "carts of putting stuff back in the correct section" hanging out by the mega bloks were 2 lonely misplaced red packs.

I used my master feeling skills and after narrowing it down (without being able to see the full box of figure pics) I decided one was the hippie and the other was the barbarian lady.

I passed on the Ned Flanders on Acid and went with the medieval bride. She's great, but her shield is a lame generic blank round.

After a particularly stupid day at work I went to Wal Mart and found a lightly touched side panel of Series 7.I was tired and ready to get home so I expected a disaster but I'm 8 for 8 so far.

The Space Marine armor is so cool - lots of possibilities there - definitely going to get several of him. I'll probably get a few Black Knights as well.

I think I'll be skipping the swimmer and hippie but I'll eventually grab all the others in this series.

Toys R Us has a "buy $50 in LEGO, get $10 off" promo running. Certain themes are restricted, such as Star Wars.

I'll probably get some Avengers sets. Wish the Lord of the Rings sets were out already.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Toys R Us has a "buy $50 in LEGO, get $10 off" promo running. Certain themes are restricted, such as Star Wars.

I'll probably get some Avengers sets. Wish the Lord of the Rings sets were out already.[/QUOTE]

Super Heroes are also excluded. Don't want you to waste a trip.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Toys R Us has a "buy $50 in LEGO, get $10 off" promo running. Certain themes are restricted, such as Star Wars.

I'll probably get some Avengers sets. Wish the Lord of the Rings sets were out already.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the sign I read today said super hero sets excluded too.;)

[quote name='180husher']I'm pretty sure the sign I read today said super hero sets excluded too.;)[/QUOTE]

It did... It said no Friends, Super Heroes, Star Wars, Ninjago, and something else I think... Basically all the cool sets LOL... Lame

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']So then who is the most reasonably priced LEGO retailer? Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes. Amazon occasionally has good sale prices on sets (though no rhyme or reason for how they pick which ones to discount, to my mind at least). Otherwise, it's looking more and more like Lego itself has the best price outside of sporadic clearance items at Target or Wal-Mart.

Speaking of which, I need to decide what to purchase this weekend and the week after to get the TC-14 and Hulk minifigs...

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']So then who is the most reasonably priced LEGO retailer? Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kmart, or a Lego store if you have one near you... Target you have to watch out for though.. I have 3 Targets within 5 miles of me and they all have different prices. 1 has the Legos for MSRP, 1 is about 10% higher, and 1 is about 20% higher... Crazy that the prices fluctuate this much. But Target regularly has sets on sale for the best deal. Toys R Us lego prices are 10-20% higher than MSRP.

[quote name='crowbb']I've had no trouble getting space marines, the black knights have been a tough find for me though.[/QUOTE]

Are the Space Marines as cool as images on the interwebs would lead me to believe? :?:

I guess my answer is different than everyone else, but I am in the NW and I am not sure anyone else is.
I find that the 2 best retailers for LEGOs are Fred Meyer and Barnes & Noble. The problem with both is selection. Fred Meyer has a 10% off Home coupon practically every week which gets you a base 10% almost always. They also often have random sales, often unadvertised, that can get you anywhere from another 10-40% off. They are not as good as they once were for LEGOs, but they are still one of the best choices out there.
B&N is another one that used to be better than it is now, and keep in mind I am a member so I either get an extra 10% off in store or free shipping online. Recently they have been having a few sets at 10% off online, kind of randomly rotating the DC and newer SW sets. Usually coupons don't work on LEGOs but for some reason they have been working on these sets so I have picked up a few that way. Currently there are no active coupons on their site or in store though.
And as some have said Amazon can be a decent choice too, especially if you don't mind waiting for damaged box deals to show up in AWD.
Is any of that as good as some of the 75% off sales some people find? Obviously not, but it seems like the LEGO clearance has gotten a lot more cutthroat over the last few years. Saving around 30% consistently seems good enough for me.
That was a lot more than I meant to type sorry to ramble.

[quote name='demonchylde']Are the Space Marines as cool as images on the interwebs would lead me to believe? :?:[/QUOTE]

They are pretty awesome... The Space Marine, the Aztec Warrior, the Evil Knight, and the Merman are my faves from this series

if anyone who has a high rating on this site would care to PM me and lives in the area of the grand store openings (May 12th: Mayfair Wauwatosa, WI, May 5th: Beachwood Ohio, May 19th: Woodlands, TX, or May 26th: Peabody, MA)

there is a deal on the saturday of each store opening if you spend $35 you can receive a mini lego store model. I do not live anywhere near but would be willing to paypal money to you (once again only if you have a high approval rate on this site to know you are trustworthy) i will be willing to give more than the amount needed to cover shipping as well as the hassle. please let me know!

[quote name='Antdogg50']Also does anyone know if Kmart is going to be doing another additional 50% off clearance items sale any time soon?[/QUOTE]

I think they run every 2 months or so.

If you wanted to... find some way to search in this thread alone for kmart and you'll find the pattern.

[quote name='demonchylde']Are the Space Marines as cool as images on the interwebs would lead me to believe? :?:[/QUOTE]
Only sad thing about the Space Marine is the helmet isn't molded for a visor. It's a GREAT helmet, better shape than the too-tall Space Police/Alien Conquest helmet--but no way to attach a visor!

[quote name='RoarImAPanda']if anyone who has a high rating on this site would care to PM me and lives in the area of the grand store openings (May 12th: Mayfair Wauwatosa, WI, May 5th: Beachwood Ohio, May 19th: Woodlands, TX, or May 26th: Peabody, MA)

there is a deal on the saturday of each store opening if you spend $35 you can receive a mini lego store model. I do not live anywhere near but would be willing to paypal money to you (once again only if you have a high approval rate on this site to know you are trustworthy) i will be willing to give more than the amount needed to cover shipping as well as the hassle. please let me know![/QUOTE]
Beachwood store opened a year ago; I worked there, and unless Beachwood is suddenly getting another store that nobody knew about a month ago, that's a typo. I've seen the mini-build though, and it looks really good especially for a give-away.

*Got an email yesterday about a 1-year anniversary event, but it says free minifigure set w/ $35 purchase, not the mini-build. Wonder how that's going to stack with the May the Fourth giveaway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cassidyarch']Only sad thing about the Space Marine is the helmet isn't molded for a visor. It's a GREAT helmet, better shape than the too-tall Space Police/Alien Conquest helmet--but no way to attach a visor![/QUOTE]

The visor thing is kind of a bummer, isn't it? Ah well. I'm still 98% happy with him.

I revisited the local Wal Mart yesterday to find the "lightly touched" side panel was now a "torn all to hell" side panel. My heart sank a little but I started hunting anyways.

They must have been after Black Knights because I found 3 more Space Marines - bringing me to a total of four. I'm kind of thinking I'll get a few more still. Of course, I love the original Space/Future stuff.

I also found the elusive (to me anyways) Bagpipe Guy. I still don't think I've found a single Tennis Guy - not that I really want a Tennis Guy - mostly I'm after his cool messy blond hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back