LEGO Deals 3

I didn't see the price on the Daily Bugle set this morning, but I have to say, I'm impressed. I was honestly thinking it'd be inflated to $99.99ish, like the Jabba set's price tag.

Free Shipping (along with Double VIP points) is already live at LEGO Shop@Home. It wasn't supposed to start until October 15, or so I heard. Got me a Winter Cottage and other misc things.

[quote name='Maskim']I must have that Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow set.[/QUOTE]

You know they make this line called Ninjago ... ;-p jk

[quote name='etcrane']You know they make this line called Ninjago ... ;-p jk[/QUOTE]
My son's into Ninjago. I just want a Snake Eyes minifig/kreon, though.;) Would probably put Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fighting on my Optimus Prime or Megatron Kreo sets, so it looks like the old school Transformers/GI Joe crossover comics.

Anyone at NYCC or the Rockefeller Center Lego store? If anyone lands either of the promo figures or the pizza thing, I'd be interested to buy them. (Anyone have any thoughts on what a fair price is? I'm interested in the figures much more than the pizza thing.) The Lego booth is doing ticket drawings for one figure, the Rockefeller Lego store is giving the other away starting at 10am Saturday, supposedly only to people in TMNT costumes.

Was able to get the coffin car polybag at TRU today.
Those Batman/Bane and Spidey sets are just meh overall. Defintely want the minifigs though

[quote name='El Rey']Was able to get the coffin car polybag at TRU today.
Those Batman/Bane and Spidey sets are just meh overall. Defintely want the minifigs though[/QUOTE]

Do you have an item number for the polybag, thanks!

Well, went to Lego Kidsfest in MI today. Very cool, we had lots of fun. My kids enjoyed the giant pile of grubby lego's the best. As for merch, nothing too crazy or anything you really couldn't find at a lego store except for a Kidsfest exclusive t shirt (a bit yellow one with the lego face on the front) and a nifty 10" plush lego guy that I've never seen before. Still, it was a fun day with my two oldest kids (almost 7 and 4 1/2).

[quote name='prim4444']The zombie chauffeur poly is has been showing up in stores this week.[/QUOTE]

I picked a couple up yesterday. Not really that impressed with it though. Same zombie as the other sets, the car doesn't have much to it, and the way the flames connect to the car seems silly to me. The free zombie car that LEGO gave out with a purchase looks much better and has nearly twice as many pieces. I did use the 10% off coupon that is out to lessen the sting of the $5 price.

Also, my store only had about 15-20 sets on the side of an endcap.

[quote name='ackbar7']Got one from AWD earlier this week for $40ish. Haven't put it together yet, but seemed well worth it.[/QUOTE]

I always forget about the AWD. I should look there more.

Found some worthwhile clearance at an out of the way Walmart. Picked up the Lighthouse and Cars Oil Rig Escape for $20 each. Had some other stuff 30% off, but I am hoping to find some of the dinosaur stuff at a bigger discout someday.

I usually have terrible luck with raffle giveaways, but I surely was blessed by the LEGO gods this weekend. I won the Black Leonardo figure! I have the Krang figure as well as the Tin Landspeeder.

IMG_0875.jpg

Congrads on winning a $200 mini figure! (I checked ebay) He's neat, I like him more than the other rare one.

I hope he isn't glued. Thanks for sharing the picture. Does he look as cool in 3D as 2D? I'm impressed with the job LEGO did.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Congrads on winning a $200 mini figure! (I checked ebay) He's neat, I like him more than the other rare one.

I hope he isn't glued. Thanks for sharing the picture. Does he look as cool in 3D as 2D? I'm impressed with the job LEGO did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also noticed what they were going for on eBay. That's crazy. I surely won't be selling mine. He isn't glued which is pretty cool. The only gripe I have is the CC sticker on the skateboard. The new turtle head mold is spot on!

@encendido Thanks bro! Hopefully I have the same luck with the Mega Millions.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Target clearance stuff is YMMV. I can confirm that set is not on clearance at mine.[/QUOTE]

Most clearance at the big retailers is YMMV. My Kmart didn't clearance one damn thing while others here were getting this summer's sets for half off.

The point of our posts isn't to brag, it's to let each other know so we can check out our own stores and see what's up.

Good hunting.

[quote name='180husher']The point of our posts isn't to brag, it's to let each other know so we can check out our own stores and see what's up.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure part of it is bragging too :lol:. I for one liked seeing your wall of Lego!

Not a huge deal, but got another 10% off coupon for the Lego store, expires at the end of the month. Will probably use it with the double VIP points.

I also got the coupon/catalog in the mail yesterday, not sure if there is anything I want/need at the moment. Have until the end of the month to decide

I only post to brag, which is why I rarely ever post ... jk :p

I wonder what Target's big BF sets will be this year ... normally it's a SW set and then another big theme set ... kind of hope Avengers sets get a BF discount, as I've avoided them thus far but just watched the movie and kind of want that Hulk mini fig.

[quote name='Max Power']Wish you could use the lego coupon online.[/QUOTE]

I wish that, too. Here in Hawaii, Lego store marks up everything by 10%, so the coupon just brings it back to MSRP.

[quote name='Max Power']Wish you could use the lego coupon online. Closest lego store to me is a drive.[/QUOTE]

How long is a drive because I'm pist that we have a store in Milwaukee and I have yet to get any of these coupons.

sure it's maybe a 4 hour drive but I'm willing to do it at least once, I'd love to save 10% while I'm there.

(Honestly I'd probably drop 2-3 hundred if I went.)

[quote name='xycury']How long is a drive because I'm pist that we have a store in Milwaukee and I have yet to get any of these coupons.

sure it's maybe a 4 hour drive but I'm willing to do it at least once, I'd love to save 10% while I'm there.

(Honestly I'd probably drop 2-3 hundred if I went.)[/QUOTE]

It is a couple of hours away. Defeats the purpose of using the coupon because of the money spent on gas.

I take the family on a day trip once every fall to a city that has a LEGO store. Went to Cinci(2 hr drive) last year and Nashville(3 hr drive) last weekend. Easily dropped $150.

It's probably good I don't have one closer.

I built the Helm's Deep set last night and man was I impressed. It took me about 3-4 hours to build it and I enjoyed every second of it. I was amazed with the level of detail for this type of set since it's usually reserved for the "adult" type sets. Not only that, but the footprint is huge! I have no idea where I'm going to put it. My only complaint, which I think somebody mentioned here, is that the throne room sits too low and it's not connected. For the price, it looks 10 times better than the last HP Hogwarts set and is one that I would say is well worth the MSRP.

[quote name='encendido5']I built the Helm's Deep set last night and man was I impressed. It took me about 3-4 hours to build it and I enjoyed every second of it. I was amazed with the level of detail for this type of set since it's usually reserved for the "adult" type sets. Not only that, but the footprint is huge! I have no idea where I'm going to put it. My only complaint, which I think somebody mentioned here, is that the throne room sits too low and it's not connected. For the price, it looks 10 times better than the last HP Hogwarts set and is one that I would say is well worth the MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that set was really well done; it's my favorite scene from the movies and LEGO did a great job recreating it. Hopefully there will be some battle packs so we can fill it out with more troops.

I just got the new Walmart flyer in the paper today. There are two mistakes: gandolf set for 29.97:roll: but better they have the city mine set listed for39.97. :hot::hot::hot:Gonna go try my luck before they post correction notices on the doors. The ad states the starting date is Sunday but I know somebody will catch it before then.

Edit: My local Walmart doesn't carry that set...looks like I'll be trying a pricematch at Target Sunday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured this is where I could post this, but I have about 5 or 6 different set of star wars legos. They were only used as displays and put back in the box. I can get pics and descriptions once I dig them out of the closet. I think they are the Slave 1, Imperial shuttle, AT-ST with about 2 speeder bikes and a land cruiser. Darth Mauls transport(i can't think of the name ) I think I also have an x-wing and tie fighter?

[quote name='encendido5']I built the Helm's Deep set last night and man was I impressed. It took me about 3-4 hours to build it and I enjoyed every second of it. I was amazed with the level of detail for this type of set since it's usually reserved for the "adult" type sets. Not only that, but the footprint is huge! I have no idea where I'm going to put it. My only complaint, which I think somebody mentioned here, is that the throne room sits too low and it's not connected. For the price, it looks 10 times better than the last HP Hogwarts set and is one that I would say is well worth the MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I got to build the Helm's Deep display at my store and also loved the build. The whole experience was definitely fun! This is one of those sets that'll learn you some cool building techniques and design.

Another fun set to build is the Haunted House. Now that was awesome!

[quote name='180husher']I just got the new Walmart flyer in the paper today. There are two mistakes: gandolf set for 29.97:roll: but better they have the city mine set listed for39.97. :hot::hot::hot:Gonna go try my luck before they post correction notices on the doors. The ad states the starting date is Sunday but I know somebody will catch it before then.

Edit: My local Walmart doesn't carry that set...looks like I'll be trying a pricematch at Target Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

Reminder, TRU launched is price match policy nationwide. Perfect for situations like this where there is an error in an ad.

Congrats on the minifig! I was at NYCC, working the Artists Choice booth most of the weekend though I broke off both Friday and Saturday to try to get the exclusive Landspeeder. Both times the tickets were all gone before the show technically opened.

TRU Big Book

10/28 - 11/21

Ninjago Destiny's Bounty $69.99
Monster Fighters Ghost Train $64.99
City The Mine $89.99
City Advent Calendar $34.99

All other sets listed are either at TRU markup or the sale prices only bring them down to MSRP.

Free Friends desk poly with any Friends purchase of $20 or more
Free Zombie chauffeur poly with any Monsters purchase of $20 or more
Free Ninjago Accessory pack with any Ninjago purchase of $20 or more

Large minifigure display case (Hold 16 figures) $17.99

Woo hoo! Finally a deal on the display cases. I'll be picking up a few of those for sure. Still don't know why the Lego store is charging $30 for them. If TRU caught wind of this they would probably mark them up to $37.99

Hey prim- I am assuming that the zombie chaffeur polybag is the coffin car?

180husher - Whats on the front of the Walmart ad you are referring to? The one that came in the paper today was Halloween/candy/grovery themed

Posted a couple of these deals, still not sure if anyone actually cares but...
Currently a seller on eBay has a few more of these left, it is the big Tardis set from Doctor Who. Currently on Amazon for $120 + shipping, often goes for ~$100 on eBay, picked one up for $65 shipped here. These aren't LEGOs, but are from Character Building, which has decent bricks, though a bit of a sticker problem. For fans of the show this is a great deal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150899801756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Brickset has Chima pictures along with Star wars and a few more Super Heroes.

SH is clearly the best thing we have seen so far for 2013.

[quote name='TheHelix']Yoyo.com has a code for 30% off your first order with code YOYO30. Someone should test it out on legos.[/QUOTE]

works but tax kills it for me and it only discounted $20 not the full 30% (tried it on Helm's Deep) did some finagling and it only applies to one item and only goes up to $20 discount at the most. Good for sets at 59.99 and under maybe and if your in an Amazon collects tax place as well, may not matter anymore as tax is an inevitability now.

It will work on LEGOs, I'm pretty sure the t rex in the picture for the sale is from Dino.

It's good for the rest of the year, but really it's a waste because the max is $20, and with 30% off of $60 you would need to pay $5 for shipping.

Nice thought anyways!

the sale sets don't qualify which means the T-rex sets wouldn't even apply which is kind of funny that they used the t-rex to promo the coupon code

bread's done
Back