LEGO Deals 3

Wtf? One store still had 7 of them left after the 70% mark down?

I need to find another black gate as just one tower looks really weird.
They had lots of shit. It was the store that had the qunjet for $35 a while back that I did not buy and missed out on. They had um,

The scientist and his monster x 5 for $17.98

Battle at the Black Gate x 3 for $14.98

Pirate ship ambush x 7 for $29.98

Ghost Train x 5 for $39.98

I picked up everything except for the ghost train set. I felt it was still too pricey. Any chance it will drop again or is 50% the best its gonna get?

please god get me one. will pay
I bought them mostly for xmas presents. besides, this thing is huge. I can't imagine how much shipping would even be.

He's probably doing the buy at one, return at another.
I don't know what that is but i did no such thing.

yeah that thing. Sorry I'm not selling them at the time. Just wanted to let people know its out there.

Isn't there supposed to be a BOGO 40% off sale this month?
TRU normally has a B2G1Free sale this month for the giraffe's birthday.

AWD had a TMNT hideout set for $33.51. I really want the turtles, and everyone, and I doubt I'll ever see that set again for that cheap (6 more weeks until Amazon tax in Mass), so in a way it was 40% off and $33.50 for 488 pieces seems great but I just can't bring myself to waste my money now on just the three guys.

So good news everyone! Rumors are that next year we will get more TMNT sets (hopefully they won't suck) along with Disney Princess mini doll sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at an out-of-the-way Target while going to the dentist today and found a Black Gate for $18 mixed in with the clearanced pool toys and such.  Only set at the only store clearanced like what some of you have been reporting.

Target never has any clearance items near me.  However I went yesterday and they put out a couple boxes of minifigs.  Series 6.  Must have found them in the back.  Looks like they had already been picked over but I grabbed a half dozen anyway.  

Still no sign of series 11.

Target never has any clearance items near me. However I went yesterday and they put out a couple boxes of minifigs. Series 6. Must have found them in the back. Looks like they had already been picked over but I grabbed a half dozen anyway.

Still no sign of series 11.
That happened to me probably 6 weeks ago now. I went looking for clearance and saw a random box of series 6. I felt through them all and picked out the ones I wanted. Only one I didnt get/couldnt find was the boy with the bear. They also rang up at 3.09 which I thought was odd. Normally they are 2.99.

I finally found series 11 yesterday. I got everyone but the scarecrow, tiki guy, and sax player... Scarecrow and sax player were my top 2, tiki guy is in my top 5 so I was pretty disappointed. I ended up with 2 welders also, it was my only double, I was there a good 45 minutes and got him confused with the lady scientist so I knew I was gonna get double of one or the other. Welder is awesome though, lots of detail and he will look great "working" on one of my trains. Hopefully other stores start to get them soon (seems like I am late to the party even though I check multiple targets and TRUs often). I really want the scarecrow and sax player.

Now that I am looking at the series 6 sheet and my series 11 figures... Looks like the boy with the bear if series 6 has the same bear as the elf in series 11 only its a lighter shade of brown and no bowtie.

Also, anyone know when lego will offer double points again? I have to have that mini Volkswagen they are offering this month and now that I see they are offering a lego movie sticker with the purchase of the palace cinema it seems like an even better deal. I am still a little annoyed I cant use the 10% off coupon for the cinema and I thought I remember reading somewhere they are doing the double points soon. If its before the end of the month I will wait but if not I am going to go ahead and make the purchase.

Double points are sometime next month, if you want the mini Volkswagen you need to order THIS month.

Thanks for the heads up on the ship and black gate.  My bro in law managed to grab 2 of each at his Target for 70% off.   

Does anybody have an elf to trade?  I have some extra series 2 figs as well as HP, city, and power miners polys.

Thanks for the heads up on the ship and black gate. My bro in law managed to grab 2 of each at his Target for 70% off.

Does anybody have an elf to trade? I have some extra series 2 figs as well as HP, city, and power miners polys.
What series 2 figs do you have? I'd be happy to pick up an extra elf for a trade and I could use some older ones as my son got into legos about a year ago...

I need the Tiki lego minifigure, I could not find it in a endcap size box at walmart.  I looked for an hour at all of them, I think I got everything else though.  I have not opened them yet.  Hopefully I find it!

Thanks for the heads up on the ship and black gate. My bro in law managed to grab 2 of each at his Target for 70% off.

Does anybody have an elf to trade? I have some extra series 2 figs as well as HP, city, and power miners polys.
Do you have series 2 explorer, disco dude and pop star?

I was wondering when they'd get around to non duplo Disney Princesses. I know it's because it's the Downtown Disney store, but I always thought it odd that they made these large princess lego minifig statues but didn't have a line. Is the rumor that they'll be regular minifigs, or more like Friends?

how can we find out what targets do have the clearence ships and which dont, besides driving there?
I don't know your situation but you really can't be lazy about it, it's really YMMV when it comes to this.

I don't think there will be anything marketed towards girls other than Friends for the time being. Lets not start with licensing issues, who knows where those stands regarding the characters and what toy manufacturer has rights to them. The displays at Downtown Disney is all they are, they redesigned and themed it that way to be more in line with the park.

I will check what I have. I know I have a spartan for sure, but I'll check to see what else I have. I'll pm you guys this weekend after I get a chance to unpack some more stuff.

I ended up picking up Mines of Moria for $54 at Walmart. I was hoping for a better deal but I wanted to make sure I got it before it was retired.

I am tempted to go to the lego store tomorrow for the tower build and pickup $75 worth of crap to get the vw polybag.

I don't think there will be anything marketed towards girls other than Friends for the time being. Lets not start with licensing issues, who knows where those stands regarding the characters and what toy manufacturer has rights to them. The displays at Downtown Disney is all they are, they redesigned and themed it that way to be more in line with the park.

I was responding to the rumor posted earlier about a Disney Princess line being planned for 2014. As for licenses, Disney should still own the master license, as long as they didn't part it out to another brick building company. There were cars 2 duplo when there was a ton of other Cars merchandise out, plus they got licenses for both DC and Marvel at the same time, not to mention the cash cow of Star Wars.

I placed an order for the City Tanker Truck on kmart's website since they're knocking $6 off the thing today only.  I get a confirmation email a few minutes later from them saying it's ready, with the following:

We are happy to tell you that your kmart.com order 558637334 is ready for pickup at Kmart

Please bring a printed copy of this email and photo id with you to this pickup location at the store: 

Present this email to the associate at this location, and they will bring your order.

So they kind of forgot to tell me where to pick it up.  I'll just assume they'll have it at customer service.

I was responding to the rumor posted earlier about a Disney Princess line being planned for 2014. As for licenses, Disney should still own the master license, as long as they didn't part it out to another brick building company. There were cars 2 duplo when there was a ton of other Cars merchandise out, plus they got licenses for both DC and Marvel at the same time, not to mention the cash cow of Star Wars.
I'm just basing my opinion on Mattel having a major stake with a lot of the Disney Princesses, you saying it first is the first I've heard about it. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could come up with but at the same time I wouldn't hold my breath.

I was wondering when they'd get around to non duplo Disney Princesses. I know it's because it's the Downtown Disney store, but I always thought it odd that they made these large princess lego minifig statues but didn't have a line. Is the rumor that they'll be regular minifigs, or more like Friends?
Minidolls, aka Friends. But still, at least they will be to the correct scale.

I guess the other licenses don't get in the way because we have a rumoured set list somewhere and I feel it's real. Some of the licenses for other companies aren't exclusive.

I bought the Spiderman $50 Daily Bugle set for $35 on Amazon.  I don't think I'll ever see it for $25 and it's one of my favorite sets of the year.  Five super heroes and a nice building with 9 windows and 3 doors is a steal to me.  Even though I don't really have the money.   :lol:  Now of the sets I want for the year are the TMNT minifigures (might wait until next year), the rest of the Avengers mini-figures, the rest of series 11, the heliplane, Aquaman set and I think that's it.

Also the Disney Princess thing makes sense, there are already Duplo sets so I would guess it doesn't get in the way.  I really doubt Disney would have exclusive rights for them for characters.

^

That just tells him who has it in stock!

I recommend everyone buy 2 lotr black gates. Just one looks a bit stupid.

I noticed today my local target put the SW gungan sub on clearance at 30% off. I still haven't found any of the Halloween lego sets.

I finally looked through my series 11 again and felt the packages and opened a few.  I am only missing the tiki guy and have an extra scarecrow and scientist.  Not looking forward to searching for this one.

I finally looked through my series 11 again and felt the packages and opened a few. I am only missing the tiki guy and have an extra scarecrow and scientist. Not looking forward to searching for this one.
Found them tonight at Target. Someone had already been through them and just took all the barbarians and scarecrows. Hmm... Couldn't resist buying both Tiki warriors. Same as you, not looking forward to searching elsewhere for a scarecrow, the box distribution is very frustrating.

missing elf, diner girl, scarecrow

I need 2 of each :/ TRU had 6 boxes but managed to only pick through 3.  The distribution sucks.

I do find that this series is easier to feel and define from each other... 

oh, if anyone has dots codes for US for the above, that would be great... 

I can provide dot codes for any others.

I think Tiki is really easy

it's like this.....

[    *             1234*   *    ]

The stars are the dots, the 2nd dot by the numbers may actually be in the last number, but all the dots line up across in a row.  so if they are printed off, the dots may line up below the number.  again, VERY easy to spot the dots for Tiki.  Sucks there is only 2 in a box.

In Japan they come in eggs and they split them in two 8 minifigure series so it's even more annoying.

Sales of the CMF have fallen and I think it's because of the horrible only two sets per box bullshit.  1.6% chance of getting a minifigure you might want is horrible.

^

That just tells him who has it in stock!

I recommend everyone buy 2 lotr black gates. Just one looks a bit stupid.

I noticed today my local target put the SW gungan sub on clearance at 30% off. I still haven't found any of the Halloween lego sets.
Well the guy did ask how to find out which stores have the clearance ship and which don't. The inventory tracker will tell you which stores have the ship in stock, as well as which stores are out of stock (where chances are it's on clearance).

Next week, TRU will have a 20% off friends and family coupon good 9/19 - 9/21 (25% if you use TRU credit card).  Good on entire purchase.  You can find coupon here.  For online purchases, use code FRIENDS20.

Edit:  9/22 - 9/28  B1G1 50% off. Excludes Mindstorm.  Plus $10 gift card with $40 or more purchase w/coupon in ad.

bread's done
Back