LEGO Deals 3

Ran into something kind of weird tonight at Target, need your expert opinions -

Found a Jabba's Sail Barge set for 30% off ... but it was 30% off of $141.99.

This seemed quite odd, given the set retails for $119.99 and Target isn't often known to pull a TRU and raise MSRP.

Any ideas about the pricing, I picked it up because the set has vanished in my area and I may attempt a Karkyco in a few weeks.

But why would it be that high (also noticed it's gone from the Target website)

This seemed quite odd, given the set retails for $119.99 and Target isn't often known to pull a TRU and raise MSRP.

Any ideas about the pricing, I picked it up because the set has vanished in my area and I may attempt a Karkyco in a few weeks.

I've seen this done a few times, not so uncommon in the Targets in my area.

I haven't experienced it myself yet however Targets are becoming like TRU and some, by random location do mark up LEGOs. I have heard people complain online about it.

Target has a Chima set for 50%. Explains why there was 100 at the store last night...

http://www.target.com/p/lego-70129-legends-of-chima-lavertus-twin-blade/-/A-15008234#prodSlot=medium_1_16

There is a list of all the special sets or 2015 and promos...

Highlights include another Winter Toy Shop and Hoth Base, Ferris Wheel, City Space Car, Retro Minifigure Set, Kwik E Mart.

January: Main sets - 75069 Slave 1, 10246 Detective's Office. Promos - Flower Cart with purchases over $75, Friends Mini Golf with any Friends purchase, AT-DP with any Star Wars purchase.

February: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (VIP Only) Promos: City Driller with purchase over $35

March: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (Public release). Promos - Bionicle GWP with any purchase, "Elves Fire" GWP with any purchase.

April: Main Set: 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart (VIP Only). Promos: Ninjago Kai Drifter minifig with unknown purchase

May: Main Set - 75059 UCS TIE Fighter, 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart, 10247 Ferris Wheel (Starting May 18). Promos: Admiral Yularen (May 4th)

June: Main Set - 10247 Ferris Wheel. Promos: Marvel Superheroes Winter Soldier minifig

July: Main Set - 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos - VIP Retro Minifigure Set, Silver Brick Keychain, Red minifigure Ice Tray

August: Main set - 70751 Ninjago Temple, 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos: City Space Car and AI55 Co-Promo GWPs, Creator Tractor, Friends Popstar.

September: Main Set - 70751 Ninjago Temple. Promos: Exclusive Ninjago minifigure

October: Main set - [?????] Hoth Echo Base, 10249 Winter Toy Shop. Promos: Holiday GWP gift over $99

November/December: Promos: "VIP BF/CM," BFCM GWP over $99.

I haven't experienced it myself yet however Targets are becoming like TRU and some, by random location do mark up LEGOs. I have heard people complain online about it.

Target has a Chima set for 50%. Explains why there was 100 at the store last night...

http://www.target.com/p/lego-70129-legends-of-chima-lavertus-twin-blade/-/A-15008234#prodSlot=medium_1_1
Thanks! I was going to get this at 30% but balked. Now it's just a question on if I try to do all Chima sets.

Thanks! I was going to get this at 30% but balked. Now it's just a question on if I try to do all Chima sets.
Unless you have kids I'd say no to every set. Chima isn't that great but they make like 35 sets a year, you'd go broke.

This set is neat because the back button actually makes the rotor blades spin.

That damn half price Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship is gonna end up costing me a lot.  It's caused me to develop the itch for Lego again.  And now that I have a full time career I can afford the more expensive Lego.  I'm already seriously contemplating a New Year's Day trip to Lego Store at Mall of America to pick up the new Detective Agency modular (and also the movie theater as well, maybe) and I've never owned any of the previous modulars.

I had already been saying I would probably be back in when Jurassic World sets launched but I wanted to keep myself to very specific lines.

Unless you have kids I'd say no to every set. Chima isn't that great but they make like 35 sets a year, you'd go broke.
Listen to this man. I have been fighting the "got to collect them all" urges for years. My advice is to never get started on that path to ruin.

Only collect the sets you really like. It'll save you plenty of time, money and space.

Got my wife the couch set today... we're doing LEGO store on the 2nd, she works the 1st. Detective agency and who knows what else we'll leave with.. I'm terrified.

Listen to this man. I have been fighting the "got to collect them all" urges for years. My advice is to never get started on that path to ruin.

Only collect the sets you really like. It'll save you plenty of time, money and space.
I never really got the "I buy one set out of the 100 set theme, I'll need to buy every set" mindset. The only theme I have very set of is Alien Conquest because I love that theme, they were on sale and there are only like 6 sets.

Everything else I buy whatever I like and skip the rest.

And this is the first time someone ever said to listen to me. :lol:

I plan on getting all of the Pirate sets, but that's what, 6-7 sets probably? I ALWAYS wanted them as a kid. I had like... 3 pirate figures and a cannon. That's it :/

Just got back from the Lego Store in Overland Park, KS. They had pretty much all the 2015 sets out on the shelf. They just stocked them this morning.

There were a few things that they didn't get in like the S13 minifigs and Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle or the Lego Ideas Birds, but said they would have those in-stock on the 1st.

In addition they had probably 100 sets of the Exo Suit as well. Was surprised to see that.

Might check your local Lego Store if you have one.

I only ever got serious about The Lego Movie as I really loved the sets and now the second wave looks terrible so far. If I got OCD about Chima I'd be drowning in lion headed four wheelers and minibikes. Thanks for the advice.

My local Barnes and Noble is clearancing a bunch of Chima (and possibly more) for 50% off. I found:

Laval's Royal Fighter

Crawley's Boat

Waks Pack Tracker

My local Barnes and Noble is clearancing a bunch of Chima (and possibly more) for 50% off. I found:

Laval's Royal Fighter

Crawley's Boat

Waks Pack Tracker
I was near a B&N the other day and completely forgot to check for cheap LEGO. It was in a very dead town and probably had a ton of stuff left.

Anyone know if Amazon is expected to carry the UCS Slave 1? I'd prefer to buy it from them because I have some credit there.
If you aren't in a rush I say wait until May the Fourth free specials from LEGO Direct. If it's not up on Amazon by then than I doubt it will be.

Has anybody's Target got through another markdown today? I checked two stores and no luck. Will have to check again later in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So everyone on Eurobricks and Brickset is freaking out because the new sets are on back order and because of the fake holiday no one is in the call centers. Some people have stayed up all night to order. It's like "Get a fucking life", they will be easily found, and on sale on Amazon soon enough.

But when I was there I found out they changed the walkie talkie mold and it looks thinner with the same handle.

And we are getting a new Target cube that shows the summer wave of City Divers. I don't like the arms. Why would the diver be wearing short sleeves and then black gloves?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.6.WRjW4Q&id=43230289563&scm=1007.10115.2077.i43179435853&pvid=efbeb862-2aab-4799-91ac-e578cf581b96#

And maybe a Diver set

http://i.imgur.com/Ow2NL29.png

Got my lego double decker couch today. Yay! Still in stock on amazon for $14.99 and prime eligible.  Lego site says it won't ship for 30 days. 

Has anybody's Target got through another markdown today? I checked two stores and no luck. Will have to check again later in the day.
My local target did, The only noticeable markdown on lego was for Jabba's Sail Barge, $50.98 now, all the others were still 15-30% off

So everyone on Eurobricks and Brickset is freaking out because the new sets are on back order and because of the fake holiday no one is in the call centers. Some people have stayed up all night to order. It's like "Get a fucking life", they will be easily found, and on sale on Amazon soon enough.

But when I was there I found out they changed the walkie talkie mold and it looks thinner with the same handle.

And we are getting a new Target cube that shows the summer wave of City Divers. I don't like the arms. Why would the diver be wearing short sleeves and then black gloves?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.6.WRjW4Q&id=43230289563&scm=1007.10115.2077.i43179435853&pvid=efbeb862-2aab-4799-91ac-e578cf581b96#

And maybe a Diver set

http://i.imgur.com/Ow2NL29.png
I was at Mall of America Lego store today. All ready to maybe buy a modular (likely Palace Cinema, maybe Detective's Office). The only modular they had in stock at 2 pm were 2 of the Parisian Restaurant.

Almost every single new set was out of stock, from the expensive to the cheap. Slave 1 was gone. I did manage to find a couple Green Lantern sets as well as the Exo mech of which I grabbed one of each. It was unreal what the store looked like with so many empty holes, I've never seen it like that. Surprisingly, tons of the Justice League jet set, apparently no one wants that one.

I wouldn't get down to much if your local target didn't mark stuff down. They have to pay time and a half today and at a lot of stores the people doing markdowns are full time and got paid for today already. So unless they did their work yesterday or the store was super slow and someone knew how to do the markdowns they would let the work roll to tomorrow.

Picked up 4 sand coloured base plates and 4 street base plates today at the Lego Store. Turning some old IKEA lack tables into Lego tables for the kids. Can't find blue or green anywhere.

Picked up 4 sand coloured base plates and 4 street base plates today at the Lego Store. Turning some old IKEA lack tables into Lego tables for the kids. Can't find blue or green anywhere.
Sadly I wish I bought some blue. Blue was gone for years and years and came back a few years ago. I think tan is taking it's place which is incredibly stupid with the new Pirate theme around. Green is coming back, it's already released in the UK.

Surprisingly, tons of the Justice League jet set, apparently no one wants that one.
Two of the Justice League jet sets (Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd) are overpriced. Only the Green Lantern one is reasonable.

Darkseid has great figures -- I want them all, badly -- but they also have that bland and boring spaceship and whatever the hell the other thing is. It's no Quinjet, that's for sure. Of all the things they could make, why did they choose this? And the $70 pricepoint? Ouch.

The Batmech is very cute, Wonder Woman's jet is pathetic and ugly, and the whole set costs way too much. Again, I desperately want the minifigs and Grodd, but that price is a total turn-off.

bread's done
Back