LEGO Deals 3

Vaders Castle is $90 right now, Amazon Exclusive as well. I think it was this price during Black Friday.
It was on Black Friday, another Christmas time, and once this year.

I bought a used blue Fire 8 for $18. It was $35 - 20% - $10 Whole Foods credit which I paid for in food stamps. :) Then of course the $30 one came back in stock right after I ordered... 8-[

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a used blue Fire 8 for $18. It was $35 - 20% - $10 Whole Foods credit which I paid for in food stamps. :) Then of course the $30 one came back in stock right after I ordered... 8-[
My best Prime Day score was an $1100 Arlo Pro 2 security system for $94. I have had it in my saved items for a couple years and woke up yesterday and saw the little blue Prime Day discount bubble on it. My eyes almost popped out when I moved it to the cart and saw the price. Later I saw on Slickdeals that apparently Amazon was having price errors on tons of electronics all showing up at the same $94 price. People were getting high-end camera, laptops, etc. Now I'm waiting to see if my Arlo ships or gets canceled.

Got my Solo Millenium Falcon from the Prime Day deal already and hilariously Amazon just slapped some shipping stickers over the box art and shipped it that way.  Can't complain too much at the price, but I do usually keep the larger boxes.  

The hell with that, I complained... I got $100. fuck them!!!!! I would rather get a stolen one from offerUP.

Got my Solo Millenium Falcon from the Prime Day deal already and hilariously Amazon just slapped some shipping stickers over the box art and shipped it that way. Can't complain too much at the price, but I do usually keep the larger boxes.
UGH. I ordered a Lego set last week, with PrimeNow, using the spend 35 get 15 off discount. First time I ever used PrimeNow, and I tend to keep my Lego in box...same thing. Two large stickers. I SLOWLYYYY peeled both stickers off, but the residue was left behind. Didn't tear paper, that's happened before once at a store pick-up at Walmart (was able to exchange on the spot that time). Frustrating, but I returned the Lego set. First Amazon return I've ever had to do. I was credited and they told me I can always re-buy it, but I don't know what's stopping my next PrimeNow (or apparently normal Prime) order from having stickers all over it again! Bleh.

I think the one I got was a return, the original seals were broken, both sides of the box were severely retapped. It looked like a salvaged box.

Lego Voltron is now on Prime sale.  $143.96.

I grabbed one and was sure to select amazon packaging this time because this time I caught the warning it would come in packaging that reveals what it is.

Lego Voltron is now on Prime sale. $143.96.

I grabbed one and was sure to select amazon packaging this time because this time I caught the warning it would come in packaging that reveals what it is.
Same. This was my second order and noticed the warning. First order didn't have that and arrived today in a box. Unfortunately, they sent me one with a badly damaged box...as if someone punched a hole right into the Yellow Lion's head on the front side. Returning for a replacement, so here's hoping that one (and the second order) arrive damage free.

[attachment=32490:20190717_205041_HDR.jpg]

Got my new Choo-Choo from Amazon a day early and packed in two boxes!

Plus my awesome neighbor saw the post office leave it outside the garage right before some thunderstorms were going to roll through and he brought it into his house until I got home.

That's how my Saturn V came in at Christmas. My mailman 97% of the time leaves the mail on my porch. Today, 5 minutes before a downpour he leaves my new 'used' Kindle on the steps. Thankfully I went around making sure I got everything in the house. 

The kindle looks great. I'm super happy with it (besides the huge box it came in).

Ha, looks like all of those $94 Prime Day price mistakes shipped out. My $1,100 MSRP Arlo Pro 2 system is being delivered today, and a photographer friend of mine just posted on Instagram that the two $13,000 MSRP camera lenses he ordered shipped as well.  :shock:

Ha, looks like all of those $94 Prime Day price mistakes shipped out. My $1,100 MSRP Arlo Pro 2 system is being delivered today, and a photographer friend of mine just posted on Instagram that the two $13,000 MSRP camera lenses he ordered shipped as well. :shock:
The only shocking part of that statement is that there are supposedly $13,000 camera LENSES.

Ha, looks like all of those $94 Prime Day price mistakes shipped out. My $1,100 MSRP Arlo Pro 2 system is being delivered today, and a photographer friend of mine just posted on Instagram that the two $13,000 MSRP camera lenses he ordered shipped as well. :shock:
I'm happy you got the deal but I am wondering, how much profit is Amazon making in the overall picture that they can take the hit on these price errors?

What was the rational for Amazon cancelling a lot of the external hard drive orders from earlier this year but not these? I was happy my external HD order was cancelled because I was able to put the gift card they gave to more important purchases.

The only shocking part of that statement is that there are supposedly $13,000 camera LENSES.
When it comes to professional camera lens prices, the sky is the limit. Some of them originate as military technology that eventually trickles down into the consumer market. There are a couple lenses that cost over $100,000.

I'm happy you got the deal but I am wondering, how much profit is Amazon making in the overall picture that they can take the hit on these price errors?

What was the rational for Amazon cancelling a lot of the external hard drive orders from earlier this year but not these? I was happy my external HD order was cancelled because I was able to put the gift card they gave to more important purchases.
Not sure how these decisions are made, but Amazon reported that its Prime Day sales exceeded last Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined and that Prime Day was the biggest sales event in its history: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/business/amazon-prime-day-sales/index.html

From that article it looks like they sold 175 million items and generated $2 billion in sales? I'm not quite sure how to parse the Bezos quote, whether that was the total sales number or just for third-party Amazon sellers.

There is a great article somewhere explaining why Amazon doesn't actually need to make any money at all. They just need to destroy all other businesses and then get hundreds of billions in tax breaks.

I wish I got in on the $94 deal, I could use a new camera as my Canon turned 7 this month.

Good news cheapass LEGO fans the next series of minifigures is rather 'mehh', besides some great new animals, a pile of dog shit, and a FABULOUS rainbow piece. Plus a football finally. So we will all be saving money! :)

Also the Disney series is currently $3 at Walmart.com. Limit is 12 but that gives you free shipping.

Pic...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PGrEQFmQC/

I spent close to two hours today (maybe more) with Kel and Kathleen from the LEGO Store website customer service in chat to resolve the VIP situation. Previously my account worked swimmingly, but with the new update to the rewards program it created two accounts for me: one for my shopping login and one for the rewards. The only problem is that the rewards one wouldn't allow me to sign in, giving me all sorts of errors.

After much confusion and lots of screenshots, I finally took the initiative to just make a brand new account from scratch and have them port over my points in full to the new account. Worked like a charm.

So my suggestion to any of you in the same boat: make a new account with a new Email different than your old one and merge the two. It's unfortunate that we have to go through this, but it seems the best way to make sure everything is on the new system entirely.

Good news cheapass LEGO fans the next series of minifigures is rather 'mehh', besides some great new animals, a pile of dog shit, and a FABULOUS rainbow piece. Plus a football finally. So we will all be saving money! :)

Also the Disney series is currently $3 at Walmart.com. Limit is 12 but that gives you free shipping.

Pic...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PGrEQFmQC/
Is that game controller being held by fig 1 a new mold?

I’m excited for several of the minifigures (dachshund!) But there are some that are certainly meh. I’m terrible at feeling bags so this might be a rare time I just pay a premium for singles and save myself aggravation

Lotta Walmarts dropped clearance Legos to around 50% off.

Some newer stuff too like the three biggest Lego Movie 2 sets at my store.

$50 Sandcrawler was my best score though most have it at $70.

Lotta Walmarts dropped clearance Legos to around 50% off.

Some newer stuff too like the three biggest Lego Movie 2 sets at my store.

$50 Sandcrawler was my best score though most have it at $70.
Found Kessel Run Falcon for 79 but not much else was on clearance. Different Walmart has Jurassic Park on clearance but at 30%ish
Sandcrawlers haven’t been at Walmarts around me since last clearance cycle.

Target has some Ninjago and other on clearance but it’s at the unexciting 15% off

Supposed a few Sandcrawlers around me for $70, but I can't remember the last time I've seen one in a store.

Plus my cousin threaten me, he's giving me one year to go and visit him. So come first freeze of the year I'll be having a massive LEGO sale. I have a lot of junk from the last 5-ish years plus some unopen 90s sets.

Do any of you know if they free monthly gifts (with purchase) are limited to one per customer? I'd like to get my kids the Back to School set and forgot to put it on my last order. I am going to get one with my next one, but want to know ahead of time if it's worth placing a third order to get a second free gift. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

PS: I've seen sellers on eBay with multiple of the free gifts so either they know something I don't or they have many accounts.

Do any of you know if they free monthly gifts (with purchase) are limited to one per customer? I'd like to get my kids the Back to School set and forgot to put it on my last order. I am going to get one with my next one, but want to know ahead of time if it's worth placing a third order to get a second free gift. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

PS: I've seen sellers on eBay with multiple of the free gifts so either they know something I don't or they have many accounts.
You should be able to place multiple orders and get the gift with each one. I think I have 8 of the rocket rides that they gave away a couple months ago.

Like mentioned, they're not bound by account online. They sometimes enforce it in stores though (I had like 5 Gingerbreads at one point).
Those are worth an INSANE amount being they don't really have any exclusive pieces, but LEGO 'fans' are insane at times. The rumour for holiday set this year is a minifigure scale gingerbread house with a male and female figure with over 1200 pieces. The figures already leaked and the one with the Minnie skirt piece looks good.

At some point I'm sure the free gifts will be one per account because LEGO is just getting that god damn cheap. I mean the whole new VIP things proves that. There was zero need to separate vouchers for online and in store. It's just to screw the costumer.

I've posted this before but if anyone is selling retired sets for below eBay prices, let me know. Had a couple of very pleasant and smooth transactions with members here a few months ago and am always game for more.

I built the TLM2 Pop-Up Party Bus this weekend and highly recommend it. Some really clever building techniques if you're into that, and a very smooth look overall. I really like sets where everything fits inside of the main build, without little side builds and accessories to keep track of and inevitably lose. The reason I bring up this set is that it's apparently on clearance at Walmart, with some people on Reddit finding it as low as $30. I paid $40 for mine on Prime Day.

bread's done
Back