LEGO Deals 3

I'm with you there. I wish I would've bought the space police stuff. I ended up buying all the dino attack stuff shortly before last space police release. I feel like everyone needs a brick daddy minifigure.

Speaking of conspiracy theories ... it’s been awhile since we had a good Aliens line ... I know, I know ... LEGO had a space police relaunch awhile ago ... and Star Wars has aliens.

But I’d like to see something like a cross between Space Police and Alien Conquest ... but with an alien base. Feels like we always get a ton of vehicles but never cool bases. Better yet ... something along those lines, that’s also a modular.
Conspiracy theories - Iraq WMDs, Syria gassed it's own people & Russiagate
Facts - Clintons, Trumps, English Royals and Hollywood elites all have connections with Epstein. Epstein's girlfriend / pimp was invited to the damn Clintons' daughter's wedding AFTER Epstein was already charged with sex crimes.

Space Police had an amazing police station base that I regret not buying. Alien Conquest had one of the best, if not the best vehicle base LEGO has ever made. I'm hoping more Space stuff comes out in Creator and Ideas.

Glad to see R2-D2 back as I missed out last time.

Was he $200 last time? Is this the same build or a new/revised build?
Last one was $180 and had a couple hundred less pieces. It's very similar build by the looks of it, but dome is revised to be less stud-y.

Yeah $180, the one I’m still salty about was the super star destroyer. I went in the week before it was announced to retire to buy only to wait because I was told there would be double VIP the following week only to see it gone everywhere.

Yeah $180, the one I’m still salty about was the super star destroyer. I went in the week before it was announced to retire to buy only to wait because I was told there would be double VIP the following week only to see it gone everywhere.
You didn't follow the number one rule in buying LEGO...

Buy now, return later.

I kind of like some of the Vidyo Stage sets, and the minifigures continue to be very fun.  I wish they were a little cheaper, but I'll be mighty tempted to pick some of them up.

The random pieces in the full sets is interesting - has Lego done that before?

LEGO going hard with a second wave of Vidiyo ... more blind boxes (some cool figs again) and bigger sets including a boom box. Still think it may end up crashing and burning, but I guess we’ll see.

The prototype designers of the sets were so much nicer than what we ended up getting.

And some sad news, the Daily... Bugle won't be released next month, instead the May D2C set will be.... Monica's Apartment from Friends and supposedly $150 so clearly LEGO realized they way underpriced the first Friends set.

I went to a local collector shop today and found a case of series 3!

Once I go through them all I’ll list them here if anyone’s interested

10776-1.jpg

In case anyone is interested in Disney, there is Pluto and a new Goofy in a $60ish set instead of $300. Is it just me or is Pluto funny looking?

If anyone is interested in minifigures, I have a ton of extras in their bags from series 3 through 10. I need some of the newer ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Pluto's snout needs to be longer.  I also find it weird that the box has the white faced Mickey and Minnie image when the minifigures are flesh toned, but maybe that's just me.

Is the Lego trading thread still active on here?  I have some more recent doubles I'd be willing to trade, though not from the most recent series.

I feel like Pluto's snout needs to be longer. I also find it weird that the box has the white faced Mickey and Minnie image when the minifigures are flesh toned, but maybe that's just me.

Is the Lego trading thread still active on here? I have some more recent doubles I'd be willing to trade, though not from the most recent series.
The box art is how the characters appear on the cartoon TV series these sets are based on. There is also a very Duplo looking space shuttle set. (The shuttle is two huge pieces.)

I don't think anything is still active on this site. :lol: I can't remember what I have and what I want but I do need a hot dog stand hug from series like 14.

3 in 1 Creator Castle has been revealed. I can't post it, you will need to go to instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/COIaouupJOx/

Ugh ... ordered the probe droid and some other stuff ... not sure why but hard to resist May 4th ...

Currently jealously watching the Jang review of the Osprey ... god damn it, LEGO ... 🤬

^I'm surprised LEGO hasn't released the set under a different name and fixing the gear issues.

Lego.com has a fucking queue...never in my life. Are they selling PS5s?
LEGO had that since Thanksgiving time, nothing was in stock then so no one noticed. But it is amazing that it toook LEGO 25 years to 'fix' the issues with the website and the best they did was a queue.

Promobricks.de has some more new sets.
Highlights include...
There really is no Donald in the Mickey theme, but there is a Daisy.
A $60 / Euro Minecraft set with ONE figure.
NinjaGo is underwater and only 4 sets again. (Plus Legends sets)
$50 Creator Space Shuttle (Last was $30)
$90 Creator Ferris Wheel.
A general feel the prices are going up.

Also on retiring exclusive sets they said (in German)... "However, it is certain that nothing will happen here at least in the middle of the year and that you will still have some breathing space when buying these sets, provided that LEGO can keep up with production and delivery at all."

There are 6 new animal molds in just three City sets. Monkey, lion, lion cub, elephant, baby elephant, snake. Other City sets are Stunts.
https://blog.naver.com/wonwoo0918/222330974122

Went to LEGO store to pick up r2d2, what a freak show!!!! Over 100 people at opening, no wonder there are no sales anymore.
Because LEGO is a cult now. People are even defending one minifigure in a $60 Minecraft set because it has brick built 'characters' like every single fucking Minecraft set.

Target is having a mini Star Wars sale, more so with in store pick up. The smaller Baby Yoda set is 20% off with in store pick up.

Some new $100 sets. Yes both of these are $100 and the flowers are supposedly a real set.

10289-1.jpg

59197_31120-LEGO-31120-Grosse-Ritterburg_2.jpg

I’m in one of those phases where I’m just not buying a lot, not a lot currently on the shelves that interest me
A couple of the new speed champions - corvette, challenger, maybe the bronco - caught my eye
Creator castle looks nice but I’ll prob wait for a sale down the line
This was the weakest May the 4th promo in a long time

Waiting to see new marvel and Star Wars sets, like the rumored gunship and at-at

I like the use of the "chocolate bar / gold bar" pieces. Nice touch.

I’m in one of those phases where I’m just not buying a lot, not a lot currently on the shelves that interest me
A couple of the new speed champions - corvette, challenger, maybe the bronco - caught my eye
Creator castle looks nice but I’ll prob wait for a sale down the line
This was the weakest May the 4th promo in a long time

Waiting to see new marvel and Star Wars sets, like the rumored gunship and at-at
I have plenty I want, my problem is most are expensive. NES, Lambo, Space Shuttle, R2-D2 & Seinfeld (whenever that gets released). Gotta space out those purchases.

Cheapest couple I want I should probably pick up, the Technic McLaren and Dom's Charger.

I find the big sets more tempting lately … I almost talked myself into buying the roller coaster because it’s retiring at the end of this year. But then I realized that not only is it $380 … but it’s also a massive footprint when built. I need to be more practical … although I think I will catch up on a couple modulars before the end of the year. I really like the bookshop, but want to find it on sale. Also hoping we get a new modular before the end of the year, as the police station and garage both seem kinda meh to me.

edit - And are you happy Green Giant … Donald is on a farm with Mickey 😜 … and did you change your Screen Name … I’m having a Mandela Effect moment here …

I find the big sets more tempting lately … I almost talked myself into buying the roller coaster because it’s retiring at the end of this year. But then I realized that not only is it $380 … but it’s also a massive footprint when built. I need to be more practical … although I think I will catch up on a couple modulars before the end of the year. I really like the bookshop, but want to find it on sale. Also hoping we get a new modular before the end of the year, as the police station and garage both seem kinda meh to me.

edit - And are you happy Green Giant … Donald is on a farm with Mickey … and did you change your Screen Name … I’m having a Mandela Effect moment here …
Big Daddy, Green Giant, issues logging in and was Bigg Daddy and then got signed in as Green Giant.

What do you mean by new modular? We got the new one for the year, it was the weird police station. We will get at least the Daily Bugle at some point, probably not a modular but close enough. Or you can just buy NinjaGo Gardens as it has 4,000 more pieces than the police station for only $100 more.

I always wanted the big ferris wheel but didn't have the money at the time. I love the fair ground sets, but damn they just take up too much space.

I have the roller coaster set up and it is amazing.  My favorite of the fairground sets by far, but yes it has a huge footprint.  It is also VERY fragile.  I moved it once and it barely held together, despite sliding it onto a piece of solid wood to transport it.   It is also very finicky and does not always run or a piece gets loose and the cars fly right off the track to their doom.  Basically whenever I run it I have to check all the track and a bunch of support pieces then usually something still goes wrong that I have to fix.  I'd love to combine all the fairground stuff on one giant setup but I'd need to buy more motors and give up my pool table to fit that many large sets in one place.  

If you have the room though I'd say it is well worth it.  Those fairground sets will probably only increase in value.

Razorcrest just showed up on Amazon Treasure Truck for 15% off … I grabbed it ($109 before tax) but probably to store and resell. Not a set I love, but seems like it will be sought after in the future and probably won’t be released again given … things that happened in the show.

Interesting.  My daughter wants the Razor Crest, but doesn't want to spend her own money.  $109 is tempting to stash for a July birthday.

What the hell is Treasure Truck?

Back in the old days it used to be a physical truck that Amazon would drive around to 5 random locations throughout the day in certain cities with one discounted item you could buy online and pick up the same day.

Since the start of the pandemic, it’s basically a lightning sale you have to sign up in advance for. You get a text, could be just about anything … laptop, LEGO, book, cups, an inflatable thing for your pool … and then depending on how popular or good the deal is, it can sell out within minutes. It ships like a normal Amazon order. The deals have been ok, nothing truly amazing lately, but some decent stuff. I think you also have to be a Prime member, but not 100% sure.

https://www.amazon.com/tt/webview/howitworks

Flower bouquet is available at LEGO on back order at LEGO, I think some of you wanted that, Bonsai is available to ship right now.

Lego Passenger Train 60197 is $118 at Target right now.

I paid $128 a couple of  months ago. :bomb:

Edit: back to $130

The Star Wars advent calendar minifigures are supposed to be the Mandalorian, and the Child in exclusive Christmas pints.

Is it just me or has LEGO clearance at Target pretty much disappeared over the last year. I get that it could be pandemic-related, but my hope of paying under $100 for a couple Jurassic World and Star Wars sets just doesn’t seem to be in the cards. I’m a bit worried they’ll go out of print and I’ll miss them completely. Really hoping I can find Indominus Rex vs. Ankylosaurus and SW Final Duel for some kind of sale price in the next few months.

Is it just me or has LEGO clearance at Target pretty much disappeared over the last year. I get that it could be pandemic-related, but my hope of paying under $100 for a couple Jurassic World and Star Wars sets just doesn’t seem to be in the cards. I’m a bit worried they’ll go out of print and I’ll miss them completely. Really hoping I can find Indominus Rex vs. Ankylosaurus and SW Final Duel for some kind of sale price in the next few months.
Doubt it and it sucks, LEGO has become trend and shows like brickmasters is not helping.

Some sets just aren't ever getting marked for clearance too, I think... February/March they marked down the few remaining LM2 sets, but for the Rexcelsior. I stopped at 3/4 different Targets in the Greater Boston area looking for something else, and saw at least 2-3 of those things at each store still for full price.

Some sets just aren't ever getting marked for clearance too, I think... February/March they marked down the few remaining LM2 sets, but for the Rexcelsior. I stopped at 3/4 different Targets in the Greater Boston area looking for something else, and saw at least 2-3 of those things at each store still for full price.
That set was half off like all the other LM2 sets when the movie bombed.

I've skipped all the Jurassic sets because they are never on sale and the dinosaurs cost too much. Best bet might be eBay. I almost bought the Ankylosaurus set because it was $60ish without the rex dnosaurs but everything else. Ankylosaurus himself goes for $40+.

I've been buying DOTS sets on eBay for less than half off. Those little backpack tags that are 3x3 LEGO dice like are awesome, a lot of fun. I have 4 of them now.

$150, 2000ish pieces, comes out in like a week. Looks like ALL stickers to me which is a failure.

(I'm sticking it in quotes to hopefully make the picture not be so long.)

The best part of this set is seeing 100 HUGE Friends fans not understand why it's spelled F.R.I.E.N.D.S. It's literally the logo from the opening theme song. I hate the show and now that. :lol:

I find it funny that Lego now has 2 Friends themes....ahem, I mean a Friends theme and a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme.

Set #3 will just be risers with random minifigs so you can recreate the live studio audience.

I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S.  (although that's the first time I've ever typed it that way.)

For a Friends fan there is so much win in this set.  I love

• Joey wearing all of Chandler's clothes
  • chick & duck (although the duck looks more like a bird)
  • canoe
  • air hockey
  • the barcaloungers
  • dog statue
  • the magna-doodle 
  • the picture frame
  • the spilled food in hallway (although it was Rachel/Chandler and cheesecake, not milk?)
  • thanksgiving turkey
  • Monica with a whip... is that a new item?  I've never seen that before.
  • Oh. My. Gawd!  Janice's hair is fantastic.
  • Love the TV set concept carried over from the Cafe.  Looks better implemented here.

There are only 3 things I can think of that are missing... first the obvious, Marcel the monkey.  Second & third, if they're going for the canoe and barcalounger route, then they need the absurd oversized entertainment system and patio furniture. 

So how soon after this set is released will someone post the neighboring apartment with an ugly naked minifig?  

Lastly, stickers are lame.

• Monica with a whip... is that a new item? I've never seen that before.
I didn't know she was a dominatrix.

The WHISK piece came out with a female chef in a CMF series with a strawberry printed pie. It's also in a few Friends (None TV theme) sets.

Some Marvel sets were shown, nothing WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWW so go look them up if you care. :lol:

bread's done
Back