LEGO Deals 3

I have some opened randos from other series, I’ll have to find them. These are just what I have easily accessible right now
My tax bill - state and fed - were obscene this year so I’m in the midst of selling off bunch of stuff - poly bags, unopened sets as far as LEGO - but also Star Wars black series, Funko, transformers
When you get time let me know. i'm looking for series 11-20 minifigures. Series 20 is weirdly rare on eBay, looking for the llama.

Pics of summer farm sets are out. Cow in new color, plus calf, lamb and piglets. But in true AFOL fashion, people focus on what's not there (goats). 

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-city-bauernhof-erste-bilder-2022/142837/

I'm disappointed the farm building is 4+, but really the last farm I remember didn't have any real structure (7637). The vehicles were obviously better.

If Lego can ever fix its online pick a brick this summer, it's probably gonna crash from people like me wanting baby animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Lego can ever fix its online pick a brick this summer, it's probably gonna crash from people like me wanting baby animals.
Lego will just not include the babies on the system.

Also the goat will be in the $350 castle set duh. (The goat is always coming back, just the next set, and the next.)

Is the steering action a new thing? TBH, the barn is the least interesting part of the sets.

LEGO-City-60344-Huehnerstall-01.jpg

It feels like the majority of LEGO sets are +4 lately … practically all the buildings in the new Jurassic World sets could be +4. I understand the main demographic of LEGO is kids and teens, but between the train, the farm stuff, the newer Ninjago sets, the JW stuff, etc it just feels like a lot of these sets are poorly designed and lacking complexity. It’s weird …

It feels like the majority of LEGO sets are +4 lately … practically all the buildings in the new Jurassic World sets could be +4. I understand the main demographic of LEGO is kids and teens, but between the train, the farm stuff, the newer Ninjago sets, the JW stuff, etc it just feels like a lot of these sets are poorly designed and lacking complexity. It’s weird …
What the hell are you talking about? I don't see what you see? You smoking something good?
Buildings in a Jurassic theme? Come on now! Next you will tell me about your unicorn and flying pigs. :bouncy:

LEGO got a new CEO, or CFO or a new chief whatever a few years ago. He seems to now make sets for 18+ and 5 year olds and nothing in between. NinjaGo and City have clearly been dumbed down.

In-store purchase of $40 gets Friends flower polybag until May 8. Fine print doesn’t have it theme-specific. Will probably venture out. Four freebies (no matter how small) worth it to me.

Stupid me fell asleep right before the Tallneck went live, and it's now on backorder. Is it worth going in stores with all the Star Wars peeps tomorrow? Who knows.

In-store purchase of $40 gets Friends flower polybag until May 8. Fine print doesn’t have it theme-specific. Will probably venture out. Four freebies (no matter how small) worth it to me.
Anyone in Europe reading this you get it for free online too.

Weirdly the Muppets complete sets went from $62-$65 preorders to $75+

Stupid me fell asleep right before the Tallneck went live, and it's now on backorder. Is it worth going in stores with all the Star Wars peeps tomorrow? Who knows.
Looks available right now.

Edit: splurged a bit.

[attachment=36888:B4FEB305-9197-41AB-B588-1D53FE3CE840.jpeg]

LEGO-City-60347.jpg

lego-city-stuntz-60333-2.jpg

Best two summer sets, besides maybe the heaven Monkey Kid set. Hope no one is a NinjaGo fan because... not good.
Friends continues to be the best.

Bathtub rubber ducky all the way, Ernie singing instantly came to mind, I don’t know why.

Wife bought me the second one, I wasn’t going to say no.

Actually resisted buying more muppets, waiting on entertainment earth to buy a case.

Bunch of new pictures but I had issues posting them. Friends look great, a giraffe. Some great buildings. City is bleh. NinjaGo is a disaster.  DOTS is interesting, new thin 3M backed baseplate, a new Stitch on Patch.

Some of the pricing on the new Stuntz stuff is nuts … figured prices were going up but looks like $20-25 are jumping to $40 … not seeing the value. Probably good … gotta save up for that castle

Some of the pricing on the new Stuntz stuff is nuts … figured prices were going up but looks like $20-25 are jumping to $40 … not seeing the value. Probably good … gotta save up for that castle
Anything not Friends is insanely priced. You see the $90 Iron Man set? $150 for the double loop Stunt set. NinjaGo has a mech with two more minifigures and 100 fewer pieces than one released in January. It's $40 more!!!!!!

But inflation. :roll: fucking insane. I'm glad I have a stockpile of sets because I will not be supporting this insanity.

Yeah that’s beyond inflation. I feel like Lego keeps moving the needle to see how far they can go before sales take a hit. It’s no longer “this set has this much stuff so it’s $x” but rather “this is how much we can charge where people might complain but it’ll still sell because it has a unique minifig.”

Also now when I see that many translucent pieces as in the Iron Man and Stuntz sets, all I can think of is disappointment at getting scuffed pieces.

My latest Lego order is getting handled by Lasership, which is a first for me. I guess FedEx screwed up enough that they decided to go with an even worse company.

Yeah that’s beyond inflation. I feel like Lego keeps moving the needle to see how far they can go before sales take a hit. It’s no longer “this set has this much stuff so it’s $x” but rather “this is how much we can charge where people might complain but it’ll still sell because it has a unique minifig.”

Also now when I see that many translucent pieces as in the Iron Man and Stuntz sets, all I can think of is disappointment at getting scuffed pieces.

My latest Lego order is getting handled by Lasership, which is a first for me. I guess FedEx screwed up enough that they decided to go with an even worse company.
LEGO is using inflation as an excuse to price gauge and like you say test how far they can go. They already did it with City. One shuttle was 500 pieces and $120. I got it for $60. The next had hundreds more pieces and cost $100. LEGO already price gauges by location. The Space Station is $55 in Germany and $80 in the USA.

I love how LEGO went from 'Only the best is good enough!' to 'Whatever. We want more money!!!'. You need to make sure to request new transparent pieces every time they are scratched. Yes the new ones will be too, but then you do it again and again and again so LEGO knows it's not right. I'm request four new dome pieces. Two are really bad and two are a little bad, but for $120 (or $75) I expect the best.

They have recoup the money they gave to Ukrain somehow.
Don't forget the ONE BILLION they and Fornite put together to make a new game that will fail.

Not sure how many times LEGO needs to fail in apps and games before they remember they are a build block company.

I actually went to the Lego store, saw the huge Star Wars line, and left. Ordered Tallneck from Amazon a couple of hours after, and it got here today. My Lego order from 2 hours after it went live is still backordered.

I saw the Tallneck display model in Lego store. Not familiar with game but the set is gorgeous.

I stood in line for 30 mins Sunday morning. Grabbed one set once I got in, stood in line another 20 mins to pay. Regret not bringing a friend because I didn’t want to lose my place in line. By the time I left, line snaked around the store. Saw a lady grab the box of Muppets in front of other customers and get in line. Glad it didn’t get more awkward after that.

Only GWP left is keychain. Surprised kitchen lasted until this morning.

Has anyone bought the 6-packs of minifigures? Is it worth taking a shot on two in the hopes of getting a full set (or being able to trade a duplicate)?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q4N88X2
From other series, you shouldn't get doubles in one box, but you will never get a complete set. Example, buy two boxes you get 9 or 10 out of the 12.

Preorders of the series went from $62 less than two weeks ago to $72-$75, now up to $78 today.

I saw the Tallneck display model in Lego store. Not familiar with game but the set is gorgeous.

I stood in line for 30 mins Sunday morning. Grabbed one set once I got in, stood in line another 20 mins to pay. Regret not bringing a friend because I didn’t want to lose my place in line. By the time I left, line snaked around the store. Saw a lady grab the box of Muppets in front of other customers and get in line. Glad it didn’t get more awkward after that.

Only GWP left is keychain. Surprised kitchen lasted until this morning.
Hmm, I DO know the game and hearing the Tallneck set is gorgeous in person spells trouble for my wallet.

Built the Tallneck.

Plus:

- It's a really nice diorama. The Tallneck itself is fixed in place, but pretty much anything else is customizable. It'd be nice to add tall grass or rocks or part of an old building or something.

- They printed the focus on her head, and have a clear blue window embedded in her hair.  I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually made her hair this way.

- She has her "I'm so done with this shit" face option.

- The Watcher is poseable enough that you can roughly stand it up in scanning mode.

- The plant leaves aren't frogs.

Cons:

- Stickers.

- Some really fragile connections.  One that's extremely bad is how loose the blade on her spear is. A lot of 1x4 connected to a single stud, etc.

I do hope they'll make more machines if this one turned out popular, which I think it has been.

Has anyone bought the 6-packs of minifigures? Is it worth taking a shot on two in the hopes of getting a full set (or being able to trade a duplicate)?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q4N88X2
I ended up buying two of these. Got 11 of the 12 characters. Now I just need to find myself a Fozzie. Ended up with a second Statler.

Pretty happy with that result since I've seen a fair amount of people report exact duplicate boxes.

Huh. Interesting. Sounds like same happened to me. Was your double Rowlf? Because I bought 2 boxes and am only missing Fozzie also. (edit: see you already answered that. Still odd we both ended up missing Fozzie!)

I ended up buying two of these. Got 11 of the 12 characters. Now I just need to find myself a Fozzie. Ended up with a second Statler.

Pretty happy with that result since I've seen a fair amount of people report exact duplicate boxes.

Target also had a few random sets on clearance when I was in the store yesterday...nothing worth remembering, but check your local stores.

First wave of sets FS - not interested in trades
Only shipping to CONUS
Prices include shipping
Payment accepted by Venmo g&s or PayPal g&s
Pm with any questions

Retired sets unopened except DeLorean

6346097 Yoda lightsaber - $250

75294 Bespin duel - $160

21103 Back to the Future (built, displayed) - $115

Iron Man lot (not splitting up) - $250
76167 armory
76125 Hall of armor
76007 Malibu mansion attack (slight box wear)
76029 vs Ultron (slight box wear)

The fact that there's an interior is nice, though it would have been nice to have a tomb with a micro sarcophagus inside. The micro scale ships are really nice though!

I think you'll need more than 2 if you want to fully recreate all the pyramids  :booty:

Yeah, I have issues with the mosaic and dots pricing.  The $.10 per piece standard just doesn't track for either.  They should be about half of what they are going for.  

I bought a handful of the Dots "blind bag" series on clearance.  $2 each and after opening them, it's still borderline too pricey for what you get. 

Yeah, I have issues with the mosaic and dots pricing. The $.10 per piece standard just doesn't track for either. They should be about half of what they are going for.

I bought a handful of the Dots "blind bag" series on clearance. $2 each and after opening them, it's still borderline too pricey for what you get.
I think the blind bags are fine, 4 cents a dot I'm okay with.

The new batch piece is awesome but literally $5. The bag tags I loved, but they aren't worth $6-7 on heir own.

The Mickey and Minnie mosaics are the worst. Half the pieces as the others, same price.

Picked up one of the older train sets (60197) for $130 after tax on Amazon from Amazon UK … feel kind of bad about shipping it across the ocean to save a few bucks … not sure if I should keep the order but it’s sold out most places and does have the Bluetooth motor stuff I’ve been wanting to pick up.

Still available if anyone is interested - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078K44BP8?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
So you can get it for $117ish (depends on state tax) from Target right now if you use Honey for a employee code. :lol:

bread's done
Back