Let's talk Skyrim! (Gameplay footage inside.)

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I've never used companions before. I heard they get their stats the moment you get them, so I've kinda avoided them like the plague. That and I can summon two Frost Demons on demand if I ever need assistance. So I can't really use them for storage. I wish I could get that perk in pickpocketing, but I can't justify using the points. I mean, there's an unbreakable artifact lockpick in the game, so that whole tree seems kinda mehish to me.[/QUOTE]

The Pickpocket and Lockpicking trees are separate. Pickpocket (stealing from people inventory) has the +100 carry capacity, among other things like being able to steal equipped weapons and armor. Lockpicking has an artifact? Well in the tree there is also "Golden Touch" perk (more gold in chests) and "Treasure Hunter" perk (50% bonus to finding special treasure). Those are pretty unique, golden touch is a pre-req otherwise I'd skip it for just Treasure Hunter.

I too do not use companions. They get in my way when fighting, I'd leave them at dungeon entrance like a pack mule. Speaking of, I can't believe there has been no Horse+Cart since Daggerfall, shame. Solo, I had to make 3 round trips clearing out one dwemer ruin. After that I said never again, and got the Steed Stone, and a few armor pieces with +carry capacity to help out. And a +50 carry capacity potion in a pinch.

You can fast travel overweight when on a horse, that's cool. But I hate how no matter what I do, Dragons chase my horse 30 miles away instead of attacking me. This goes for other random bunnies and foxes. I'm killing a dragon, then all of a sudden it runs away and goes to kill my horse. Pisses me off.

Honestly, if you were a big hungry dragon wouldn't you prioritize a nice meaty horse over some scrawny man too? :p

Everything is cleared/deleted, the database is rebuilt, installed then patched and so tonight begins the punching adventures of Kat Fisto.

Preliminary reports are that even the opening sequence chugs along in the mid-teens to low-twenties (same as before).

So far it's not looking so hot for 1.2 PS3 testing. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Honestly, if you were a big hungry dragon wouldn't you prioritize a nice meaty horse over some scrawny man too? :p

Everything is cleared/deleted, the database is rebuilt, installed then patched and so tonight begins the punching adventures of Kat Fisto.

Preliminary reports are that even the opening sequence chugs along in the mid-teens to low-twenties (same as before).

So far it's not looking so hot for 1.2 PS3 testing. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

been playing for almost 4 hours now after downloading the 1.2 patch and its running smooth, no problems with absorbing dragon souls too.

The 1.1 patch is gone in favor of the 1.2 patch so if 1.2 causes any issues for people which didn't have said issues while using 1.1 then there's no way to revert back to 1.1. (all on PS3 of course)

From what I'm seeing, the people who claim that the image quality is reduced in 1.2 are only half correct: There appears to be a change in the LOD pop-in which can and will result in a marked difference in texture resolution but it should go away and return to normal. (or it's generally intended to do so...think RAGE or just about any UE3 game...Borderlands is another good example)

The shadows appear to have gone from glaringly atrocious to just shimmeringly awful so um yay? :p

The reports of downright horrid textures seem to be the same texture bug that all platforms are experiencing including the PS3 both pre and post 1.2.(I haven't experienced this on either PS3 or PC)

The fact that the game still chugs and hitches along in the very first major city (Whiterun) remains a noxious example of what Bethesda deems acceptable.:cry:

Downloaded the patch myself and didn't experience any lag, although we will have to see how long that lasts considering I fixed the lag I was having myself before (as I mentioned). The visuals don't seem to be significantly different and I think it would take a real nitpicker to have a big issue with the visuals after the patch, which are still very good overall.

As far as absorbing dragon souls, I never had a problem with it and I actually killed a dragon and absorbed its soul while it was sliding down a mountain, so I venture to think not absorbing it is just a YMMV type of issue, not too common. (I haven't heard much fuss about that issue from others either...)

Finally got around to hunting another dragon. Killed it easily and absorbed its soul normally. Maybe it was just a one-time thing.

Something awesome happened just now. Okay so I was at the mission where you had to
take over Fort Greenwall
and as soon as the fighting began an
Elder Dragon
appeared and started killing the
Stormcloaks
. At first I was thinking "Is this a scripted event?" (seemed like perfect timing) but no it was random, and it was awesome!

This game still continues to amaze me.

Anyone has any tips on pickpocketing. My character is basically going to be a thief and well everytime I try to pickpocket someone it usually fails (my skill is like at 25 almost right now).

1.2 should be going live for 360 and Steam today so be aware that it breaks resistances. (magic and disease for sure, not done testing on poison)

So be prepared to get one-shotted by dragons and mages or catch diseases when you are supposedly immune and so forth. :whistle2:(

And now to lighten the mood:

Dragons Flying Backwards (1.2)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone has any tips on pickpocketing. My character is basically going to be a thief and well everytime I try to pickpocket someone it usually fails (my skill is like at 25 almost right now).[/QUOTE]Yeah: F9 a lot. I don't know why they even have such a stupid system in place anymore since it only serves to waste your time.
[quote name='Fell Open Ian']1.2 should be going live for 360 and Steam today so be aware that it breaks resistances. (magic and disease for sure, not done testing on poison)

So be prepared to get one-shotted by dragons and mages or catch diseases when you are supposedly immune and so forth. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]Why would dragons one-shot you? Do they have aids?

They need to fix their shit with the PC version because it's getting old now crashing nearly every time I fast travel. Forgot to see if LAA would fix it but at this point Bethesda needs to fix their damn game. This reminds me of when Oblivion saves became unplayable once too many items were generated and the save file was too big. They clearly learned nothing from their mistakes. Pete Hines can fuck off telling us to be patient on a patch because these sort of things shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

All dragons have aids now yes...hence the flying backwards and clipping into mountains never to be seen again.

Just hours before 1.2 went live on PS3 I spent perk points in raising my magic resistance/absorb so the patch utterly breaking them entirely for everyone is just insult to injury for my cat mage.

When I started getting insta-killed by magic I figured it was just my adherence to not putting level-up points into Health and in frustration I switched over to my Bosmer archer...which started getting diseased and poisoned and setting off trap-plates despite having the perk to not set them off.

The full extent of what all is broken isn't known yet but it looks like quite a few perks and resistances are surely fucked in 1.2.

If you want to see what all has been found so far in 1.2:
Unofficial Bug List
FREQUENTLY REPORTED BUGS

- Frame rate / performance issues still remain, takes longer to start happening than pre patch

- Shouts stop working, and upon trying to switch to a different one game tells player they are already shouting.

- Textures STILL not fully loading from time to time

- Magic resistance seems to have no effect anymore (mage type NPC's and dragon breaths damage not being mitigated)

- Poison resistance also has no effect anymore (now getting poisoned as vampire)

- Going to assume disease resist also has no effect anymore *need to confirm*

- Bookshelves broken, can not take books off them

- Armor stands STILL not displaying armor properly

- Issues with placing and removing weapons from weapon racks and cases.

- Getting a LOT of reports of overall decrease in graphics. Now I haven't noticed myself, but I'm seeing a lot of reports of it, so I figured it should go on here.

- Dragons fly backwards on occasion

- Shouts causing frame rate issues and brief lock ups (namely ice from)

- Problems finishing quests in the thieves guild if you misplace the armor before having tonilia upgrade it

- Auto saves created at the beginning sequence of the game STILL not labeled AUTO SAVE, causing people to mistakenly overwrite their gamesaves

- Weapon switching times 3x slower on ps3 than on PC

- Memory isn't being reset properly after you load up a save after dying. (shop keepers have same amount of money after reloading)

- Players unable to start the quest (Reunification of Skyrim - regain winterhold hold) when speaking to the npc she does not start the quest and the cursor stays above her head as if you still need to talk to her to start the quest

- Learning Shouts out of order is causing them to bug out for some people.

- Game wide quest problems when getting quest items "too early"

- The dark brotherhood cowl does not show a face mask, only seems to work for females (Astrid or Initiate) but doesn't show up for males. There's a regular version and a maskless version, and they both have no mask and look the same.

- Lydia cannot be married despite the fact that she should be able to be.

- Sometimes when you load a save inside the whiterun house, ALL furniture dissapears

- Many Different quest items not being properly removed from inventory after completing quests (Rjorn's Drum, Pantea's Flute, an Orichalcum Ore, and the Glenmoril Witches heads, Finns Lute - just to name a few.

- Can't complete the Thane of Riften misc quest. The misc quest states I need to speak to the Jarl, but the Jarl has no dialog option for completing the quest. I was getting the dialog option to complete prior to buying a house in Riften. When I bought the house, the option disappeared.

- NUMEROUS problems with the Blood on Ice quest.

LESS REPORTED BUGS

- Duel wield weapons don't appear sheathed on character (art glitch)

- My horse 'Frost' keeps detecting me when I'm sneaking

- Dark Brotherhood armor - tumblerbane gloves - for me when equipped my hands are floating on the model.

- Lighting in the game seems to have gotten darker for some reason. even during the day when I'm on shadow mere my toon looks solid black

- Dark Brotherhood quest - kill the chef - if you murder him while he's sleeping without talking to him sometimes he will immediately glitch under the bed. making it impossible to drag his body.

- Dark Brotherhood quest - dark brother hood forever. - if you walk up to the mother while ciciro is there he will talk over top of her making it impossible to hear whats going on. Also if you have subtitles on depending how close the jester is to the coffin his subtitles will display instead of the mothers.

- Lockpicking - some people reporting the postion of the lock changes each time they break a pick.

- Occasionally get an invisible head when equipping the Arch mage robes and Mask of Morokei

- Game still freezes for me whenever an enemy conjures a frost atronach

- Cragslane cavern. If you've cleared it before taking the skooma quest in Riften, the quest becomes impossible.

- Ragnvald. When I first entered, the skulls were already showing in place on the sarcophogus. I recovered both keys from the gaurdians, placed them in the slots, and nothing happened. I can't get the Word, so I can't get any new Word locations from Arngeir. The dialogue option doesn't even appear.

- Potential problem? With random dragons not spawning

- After the patch, a lot of new areas showed up on my map as "discovered" though I've never been to them.

- Tolfdir doesn't sell alteration spells above Novice Level regardless of players level in alteration

- Player cannot go to jail in markarth after completing the "No one escapes cidhna mine" quest, nor pay off your bounty forcing you to kill all of the guards

- Companions side quest - Animal Extermination quest impossible to complete if you've already killed the sabre cat

- Sometimes sound effects are not consistent, sometimes when I attack someone or I'm attacked, there's no sound at all or if I shoot an arrow no sound either.Does not seem to be combat related only.

- Standing stones not properly activating.

- Cannot complete the main quest!!!! trying to talk to ulfric so i can get him to meet with the greybeards and he just tells me to talk to galmar and no matter what i do i cannot even after the patch. i tried completing the ice wraith misson and i did but i cannot turn it in!

- Characters getting stuck running

- Issues with clipping in the final room of Dustman's Cairn.

- Arniel's Endeavor - Troubles powering warped soul gems

- For the Only Cure - Kesh, he takes the 4 items over to the large pot and begins stirring, then he sits there forever and then just leaves the pot and goes about doing his regular rotation of making potions, checking the fire etc.

- No stoned unturned - says 25/24 in the quest indicator thing. Vex doesn't open up a new dialogue when you have all 24 stones.

- Blackreach turns green during the elder scrolls quest and you somehow end up floating or "flying" on water.

- Treasure chests found on treasure maps not spawning

- Mercer frey deosnt open puzzle door in snow veil sanctum

- Completing the Jarl Korir's quest to retrieve the helm of Winterhold will prevent the Companions' quest "Purity of Revenge" from starting if the helm was found in Driftshade Ruins.

- I finished the Loud and Clear perfectly, got the key, all items from the safe, and ONLY burned 3 bee nests, yet I CANNOT access Dampened Spirits at all. I am told to talk to Maven, but she's nowhere to be found. Now, I cannot progress through the Thieves Guild missions.

- Frequent Crashes on autosaves

- Frequent Crashes shortly after using WAIT function

- Traversing through doorways spawns character a significant distance farther in than normal (For Whiterun examples, behind Belethors counter, the fireplace in the Bannered Mare, or at the alchemy lab in Arcadia. Corresponding exits ldrop you within the the stall circle of the market). There's several cliffsidedungeons where this could be an instant death fall.

- Red Eagle quest - After taking the sword, unlocking the cave and killing Red Eagle and collecting the now changed Bane sword, when I went back to the Briarheart who had the sword.. he mysteriously spawned 2 more Red Fury swords.. minor... but odd

- On the final Larceny item for the Thieves Guild, I looted both Eyes of the Falmer (left and right) off Mercer Frey, but neither triggered the task to sell it to Delvyn. When I go to him, there's no conversation option to sell it to him, and they are both regular items I can drop, sell, or store instead of one being a quest item

- College of Winterhold quest: Staff of Magnus/Enter Labyrinthian - the ghosts that are supposed to stand near the entrance never appear, therefore, I cannot get in

- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary - The Black Door - telling the door the password, "silence my brother" does not work. It will not let me enter

- Destruction trainers are not letting me train

- I still can't get the 'Blood on the Ice' quest failing to trigger

- Problems buying Home in windhelm

- Ice wraith corpses getting stuck in air

- Markarth guards always try to arrest player

- Shill Job - stolen flawless ruby missing from inventory

- The Pursuit - Karlaih wont go to ragged flagon

- Number job - Cant talk to delvin because afore mentioned issue with the pursuit

- Invisibility is being undone by the shadow warrior perk.

- Forsworn conspiracy - when going back to meet eltry player sometime finds him dead

edit: Just so I'm clear here: Any kind of damage mitigation on either magic, disease, or poison is completely negated in 1.2. That's any racial, gear, perk, stone, potion, resistances given by either being a werewolf or a vampire...it's all broken.

That list is largely existing issues from what I can tell pre-patch, but the damage mitigation is really inexcusable. Do they even play their own game?

Isn't it great that Steam forces us to patch? Isn't that neat? There's no way I'd ever want to keep my game unpatched, no no no -- that would be silly! What's that you say? I can disable steam patches? Funny, every time I've told steam to do that it just says fuck you and patches anyway. I love steam.

Yeah sorry that buglist isn't 1.2 specific but rather a work of on-going misery :p (he's starting a new thread soon because he has to break the list into two posts because it has gotten too long...that about says it all huh? *facepalm*)

What I'm reading is that they might be giving the Steam patch another look since that cert process isn't as involved so you may actually be in the clear for the resistances stuff Jodou. (PS3 and 360 owners are, however, fucked for another however many days/weeks until 1.3)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']What I'm reading is that they might be giving the Steam patch another look since that cert process isn't as involved so you may actually be in the clear for the resistances stuff Jodou. (PS3 and 360 owners are, however, fucked for another however many days/weeks until 1.3)[/QUOTE]
Oh, did they pull it? That would be a relief since I'm just about to finish the Civil War and Companion quests tonight. After that I think I'll finish the main story and be done since all I'd have left is exploration/radiant side quests.

1.2 patch for 360 is now live but I suggest that you do not download it.

There are now reports that even armor ratings are having issues so people are saying that beyond having zero damage mitigation with resistances they also have zero damage mitigation from armor.

Also, the big whomping texture bug that everyone on 360 was hoping would be fixed = wasn't.

If you are on 360 and want to revert back to the 1.1 patch here's how:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1298293-want-patch-11-back-this-might-work/

I'm looking for a method for PS3 users but outside of a hacked console or debug unit which can accept *.PKG installs it looks like we're screwed. The patches on PS3 are not incremental like other games so deleting the patch data via XMB will only prompt you to again update to 1.2...you could use 1.0 though by deleting the patch data.

Also there are conflicting reports of 1.2 being pulled from servers. Namely people are saying that the Steam patch is for sure delayed/pulled and that the 360 patch may be getting yanked as well. (most everyone claims that 1.2 on 360 is still live though so I'm grain of salting that one)

Actually: Now that I think about it, game versions tend to be backwards compatible but not forwards compatible in relation to savefiles so if you've applied 1.2 on 360 and then saved or 1.2 on PS3 and then saved your file will probably fail to load once you revert back to 1.1 (360) or 1.0 (PS3). (a couple of my Black Friday purchases just showed-up so I'm installing them now but I'll test the savefile compatibility as soon as this one is done...PC version won't load them if my memory serves)

Confirmed: 1.1 and/or 1.2 saves will not load on version 1.0. This should be the same across all platforms in terms of savefile version mismatches not loading. If you've patched the game and saved then that save is stuck on that version or higher period.

Funny. It seemed for a while that Skyrim was the most stable, bug-free Bethesda game (counting New Vegas, since they did QA work for it) in ages.

Then they patched it.

[quote name='The Crotch']Funny. It seemed for a while that Skyrim was the most stable, bug-free Bethesda game (counting New Vegas, since they did QA work for it) in ages.

Then they patched it.[/QUOTE]
Epic LOL!

Yeah, playing on PS3, I don't believe anything went wrong with my game until I was about 40-50 hours in when the framerate bug hit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Funny. It seemed for a while that Skyrim was the most stable, bug-free Bethesda game (counting New Vegas, since they did QA work for it) in ages.

Then they patched it.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Good thing I lurk both threads. Ian has my thanks for saving me from an episode of nerd rage. I'll avoid the new patch until it's safe to touch.

Here's a video where someone uses fire on a Flame Atronach and frost on a Frost Atronach to illustrate the 1.2 resistances issue.

Much to everyone's dismay: The resistances bug went live on Steam so don't download 1.2 on PC either.

Any Steam users who have downloaded the 1.2 patch or have had it thrust upon them *looks at Jodou*:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5p4c43p1itnf020 (the previous TESV.exe and Skyrim - Interface.bsa)

Also Jodou, I found out something about Steam's auto-updates which I did not realize after years of usage because I generally let my games update:

"Always keep this game up to date" = The game will update itself whenever you are connected to Steam
"Do not automatically update this game" = The game will still update itself whenever it is launched and you are connected to Steam

That is such a fucking moronic implementation and so poorly explained that it's baffling. If you don't want your game to update ever then you need to set it to "Do not automatically update this game" and be sure to only ever launch that game when in offline mode. So, so dumb. (and I love Steam)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone has any tips on pickpocketing. My character is basically going to be a thief and well everytime I try to pickpocket someone it usually fails (my skill is like at 25 almost right now).[/QUOTE]

At that low level, just 1 or 2 successful pickpockets should level you up very quickly. Mine hit level 46 in maybe 62 pickpockets.

(Optional) Use the Thief Stone or Lover's stone. If you purely just want to level it up, this is a great way.

First join the thieves guild and use the boots, that's 15% bonus to pickpocket. I then have a 25% pickpocket ring, 15% pickpocket necklace, and a 30% pickpocket gloves. I found these at random shops for 1k-3k gold.

After you got all your bonus armor equipped, make sure the person does not see you. It is possible to pickpocket right in someone's face, but the "pickpocket success" in the menu would be low. It can jump from 17% to 80% success if they can't see you. Watch these percentages carefully, just looking in their inventory is not a crime.

(Optional) Get the first pickpocket perk for +20% bonus. Personally I didn't get any perks in pickpocket yet and I'm doing fine with my armor set up. I assume if it's like Block tree, the 2nd level perk would only be a 5% increase, so may not be worth it.

I find a lot of random NPCs with 200-1500 gold jewelry on them, makes for some nice fencing. Always buy/sell with the Thief hood on (10% better prices) I also have a Necklace of Haggling (15% better prices) but unfortunately those are the only 2 I've found so far or I'd disenchant a duplicate so I could craft my own.

Just one point in that first pickpocketing skill helps a lot. (I actually decided not to go beyond the one point on my second thief even though I wanted things further in the tree)

[quote name='The Crotch']'Sup bitches. I'm a dragon.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Steam, I'm so glad you allowed me to play the game without patching. . .oh wait, no you didn't and now I can't complete a quest because the fucking dragon constantly flies away and even though I one-shot it, he won't land and die. fuck Valve and fuck this patch.

Bethesda says PC patch should come quick-like, with consoles to follow a little after.

And proper modding will begin in January with the release of the "Creation Kit".

Planning my first character for the holiday break ahead, would like to build around the idea of an offensive Valkyrie like character (wish the game had polearms :cry:). So heavy armor, and maybe a focus on bows -- then deciding between a 2h weapon or sword/shield. Is there a skill tree that specilaizes in enchanting weapons and such? I don't necessarily want to shoot stuff with magic, just use it for auras/enchants etc...

[quote name='The Crotch']Bethesda says PC patch should come quick-like, with consoles to follow a little after.[/QUOTE]
It took them two weeks to fix nothing and further break the game. By the time they even have a semblance of a working game again I'll be lost to SWTOR.

So the patch won't be until next week and will fix resistances plus the "rare, amazing backwards flying dragon"; rare my ass. If if were rare I wouldn't have run into two within the first hour of playing after the patch. The only time a dragon isn't broken is if they're perched on something when you first find them. Otherwise, every time I fast travel and there's a dragon there, it was broken and impossible to kill before it ran off into the heavens.

They also feel they "need to treat our Skyrim patches with greater care". Derp. #-o

[quote name='Jodou'] rare my ass[/QUOTE]

I started a new game only to have the dragon in the opening sequence flying around backwards and never land on the tower.

Was kinda hoping that they'd just chop my head off already at that point but it just kept right on going like it had landed and spat at me.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I started a new game only to have the dragon in the opening sequence flying around backwards and never land on the tower.

Was kinda hoping that they'd just chop my head off already at that point but it just kept right on going like it had landed and spat at me.[/QUOTE]
Haha. Imagine if you had just bought this game and had no idea about the glitch. Bet that person would have flown (backwards of course) back to the store to get a refund.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']At that low level, just 1 or 2 successful pickpockets should level you up very quickly. Mine hit level 46 in maybe 62 pickpockets.

(Optional) Use the Thief Stone or Lover's stone. If you purely just want to level it up, this is a great way.

First join the thieves guild and use the boots, that's 15% bonus to pickpocket. I then have a 25% pickpocket ring, 15% pickpocket necklace, and a 30% pickpocket gloves. I found these at random shops for 1k-3k gold.

After you got all your bonus armor equipped, make sure the person does not see you. It is possible to pickpocket right in someone's face, but the "pickpocket success" in the menu would be low. It can jump from 17% to 80% success if they can't see you. Watch these percentages carefully, just looking in their inventory is not a crime.

(Optional) Get the first pickpocket perk for +20% bonus. Personally I didn't get any perks in pickpocket yet and I'm doing fine with my armor set up. I assume if it's like Block tree, the 2nd level perk would only be a 5% increase, so may not be worth it.

I find a lot of random NPCs with 200-1500 gold jewelry on them, makes for some nice fencing. Always buy/sell with the Thief hood on (10% better prices) I also have a Necklace of Haggling (15% better prices) but unfortunately those are the only 2 I've found so far or I'd disenchant a duplicate so I could craft my own.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed. Going to hit the Thieves Guild tonight because I haven't visited them yet. Right now I am only concerned with Skill Ups but that will change to getting items/gold soon enough. Pickpocketing isn't going to be a main skill, my two main skills are still going to be archery and lockpicking but my other two skills that I do focus on are illusion and pickpocketing.

I just bought a used copy from Gamestop for my brothers Christmas present. The game is gorgeous and the world is huge and feels immersive. But, my problem lies with the fact that combat feels like absolute crap. Excuse me for bashing on the game but, your main interaction with most videogames is through combat and who cares how awesome the world is if the interaction with said world sucks? I'm not saying it should be as good as GOW, Bayonetta, etc but it should be at least fun

yeah i'm not too familiar with stat based rpgs. Like I said I really had no interest in the game but my brother had it on his list and I had some credit so I picked up a used copy and decided to see what the big deal was. But just because it's main focus is not on combat doesn't mean that it shouldn't at least be enjoyable

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Also Jodou, I found out something about Steam's auto-updates which I did not realize after years of usage because I generally let my games update:

"Always keep this game up to date" = The game will update itself whenever you are connected to Steam
"Do not automatically update this game" = The game will still update itself whenever it is launched and you are connected to Steam

That is such a fucking moronic implementation and so poorly explained that it's baffling. If you don't want your game to update ever then you need to set it to "Do not automatically update this game" and be sure to only ever launch that game when in offline mode. So, so dumb. (and I love Steam)[/QUOTE]
Missed this after you edited. Yep, that's why I complained that Steam ignores you and just does it anyway. With Skyrim, it would not allow me to play once I went offline mode. Said some BS like Skyrim is not prepared to be played offline. That shit is unacceptable. Guess I need to disconnect my internet to be truly offline! You're retarded, Valve.

Decided to just nut up and finish this today. I was actually closer to the end than I thought so it took me two hours. Least I can feel done with this now and I'll probably play it again some time in the future when they're done breaking the game. Really pissed you can't
ride dragons afterward. Even more pissed the one time you do ride one it's all a transition, like going through a door. fuck that shit

Whatever, the game was still awesome and I'm kind of sad it's over now. 140 hours, I need to see the sun. . .

So I was playing tonight and I found a guy that looks like Mr. T. I am fucking serious. I just gave the link because the screenshot is 1920 x 1200.

Mr. T

Also I wish there was some way to remind you that you have some type of illness. I completely forgot I had some illness today and I wouldn't of known it if I hadn't went to the magic page (which I actually don't use much because everything I use is bound to my number keys on PC).

NPCs should be making comments about you looking ill when you talk to them (or pass by) while afflicted.

1.2 broke resistances so thoroughly that sometimes they don't even register as negative effects in the magic menu but NPCs will still comment on it...and sometimes the exact opposite happens. fucking Bethesda :p

Alright, few issues:

-I have had shadow banding since forever, and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. This is an example of what I'm talking about (image isn't mine). Any suggestions? I've done a few suggested tweaks to the Deferred and Resolution settings for shadows to no avail. I should note that, in case you haven't had this yourself, it happens only on vertical objects/surfaces.

-Getting some weird texture issues, like they're missing or see-through. A few places, if I look at the right angle, a bunch of walls will disappear. It got so bad once in the Bee & Barb in Riften that people's faces (but not eyes) were all gone, as was the roof and various walls. It was horrifying, talking to a person without a head but floating eyes. Quitting/restarting the game usually fixes it.

By buffing my Smithing past 100 with a +50% potion and some +10-20% equipment, I boosted all ym weapons and armor and that's helped iron out the worst of the ridiculous difficulty I had. But Dragons still fuck me up. Since I'm 52, all I get are Ancient Dragons, and on Adept they can kill me in a single breath. Are they supposed to be that hard? Not sure what more to do besides bumping it down to Novice whenever they show up, and that feels shitty.

The shadow issue I've only observed in my house in Whiterun, so I'm not sure what to make of it. The texture issue is a result of Bethesda's incompetent move to limit memory cache to 2 gigs when clearly the cell buffer can't handle it. When this starts happening, a CTD is right around the corner. And the final issue is because once again Bethesda can't seem to test their own patches and broke all resistances. No, dragons are not supposed to be that hard but in all actuality it does add a level of challenge to the game right now. Even on master difficulty, the game is a joke.

I ran into my first post-update error, basically a dragon at the dragon burial site near Saarthal was flying like he was going down a drain, real tight circles round and round - finally landed on a perch. It was comical and I was still able to kill him.

No big deal.

bread's done
Back