Light gun discussion thread - Game Deals Inside!

Just my luck, none in stock for over 20 miles. I couldn't find them on ebgames.com, I guess I'll have to pay the 15, or just wait until I get a tv that doesn't suck.

[quote name='jimbodan']Just my luck, none in stock for over 20 miles. I couldn't find them on ebgames.com, I guess I'll have to pay the 15, or just wait until I get a tv that doesn't suck.[/quote]

2 stores within 10 miles of mr have it.
problem is my car isnt with me and my roomate that has a car wont be back tile monday.

but perhaps some other cag could come and save the day ^^

[quote name='punqsux']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8128996825

4 hours left at 10$

theres one auction ending every day for the next week![/quote]

$10 seemed a little high to me, considering shipping ($8.60 for me, varies by zip code). I have a dollar bid on one of them, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='punqsux']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8128996825

4 hours left at 10$

theres one auction ending every day for the next week![/quote]

$10 seemed a little high to me, considering shipping ($8.60 for me, varies by zip code). I have a dollar bid on one of them, but I'm not holding my breath.[/quote]

actully hold your breath, the auction i won ended at like $4.50!

but that auction is now at 15$, it seems word of mouth has spread on these guns ^^

Hi all , I have a question and seriously don't want to search through 16 pages of my gun is bigger than your gun... =)

I'd like to connect my guns (2) but I go through a HT-Receiver + I use S-Video and Digital Sound...

Thus my question - Do I just plug in the component cords into the TV - bypassing the receiver or does having a receiver make this very difficult? Thanks

[quote name='punqsux']feedback on the site please ^^[/quote]

I like the layout punq, it's lookin' quite good IMO. You should let us know if you need us to help find info on the games or do reviews or whatever, I'm sure there's many of us that'll gladly help.

On a sidenote I stopped my college's student union to see what was new in the hallway they like to call an arcade. They got somenew games from last year and it's like lightgun gaming heaven there. Out of the probably 20 total machines, 8 of them are lightgun games. Also them have a nice amount of fighters and pinball machines, in other words about 95% of the total arcade is made up of my 3 favorite arcade genres. Needless to say, I'll be killing time at the student union's arcade more often now.

Layout is great, real easy to navigate. Everything loads lightning fast too. Just add an arcade section and maybe a section with just pictures/info of the lightguns themselves.

Wow, there's a lot of people who love the light gun games! I wish I had some money to buy some of these games.

I won the Auction for Green Missions :D

Waiting to get them here now

There a place to buy black covers for it so it can look like a DE?

The site looks good, just needs info and some reviews. Keep up the good work!

I also found out that my RF adapter has a place for a light gun hook ( I dunno why I never bothered to look at it and check) so I'm now good to go on lightgun games. I just bought Ninja Assualt, Die Hard Trilogy 1 and 2, Gunfighter Jesse James, and Area 51. I figure that should tide me over for a bit.

[quote name='jimbodan']The site looks good, just needs info and some reviews. Keep up the good work!

I also found out that my RF adapter has a place for a light gun hook ( I dunno why I never bothered to look at it and check) so I'm now good to go on lightgun games. I just bought Ninja Assualt, Die Hard Trilogy 1 and 2, Gunfighter Jesse James, and Area 51. I figure that should tide me over for a bit.[/quote]thanks for the feedback! yeah i know it needs content Xop

area 51 and ninja assault are great games. the die hards are good...never played gunfighter

Yeah I loved Area 51 in the arcades, I think the Jesse James game will be cool, it seems like all these critics expect some sort dynamic gameplay inovations from these light gun games.Gunfighter Jesse James seems like a good old fashioned shoot the bad guy game, nothing too complicated, which is exactly what I want from a light gun game. I hated Dead Aim because there was too much going on and it's a pain in the ass to control with the d-pad on the gun.

Have you played any of the point blank games? One of those is next on my list.

yes all the point blanks are awesome, the best id say is 2, but they are all awesome and pretty mucht he same concept (think mario party with a gun and no board) so pick up whatever one you find cheapest

[quote name='punqsux']yes all the point blanks are awesome, the best id say is 2, but they are all awesome and pretty mucht he same concept (think mario party with a gun and no board) so pick up whatever one you find cheapest[/quote]

Are they fun to play single player at all and do you need 2 guns to play multiplayer?

Just a small bit of semi known advice for the new guys.

When placing an order for a new game a eb, you can always come and add one of the cheap ps1 shooter games that punq posted. That way you will get free shipping, which basically pays of something like Die Hard trilogy. So you can expand your light gun collection...or just cheap game collection.

And in addition to the 15% discount and freeshipping codes remember the eb card if you have one. With the free shipping, I also saved a whole 50 cents on Die hard :p

no I dont work for eb, and dont have any relations to them, although I wouldnt mind giving them a child if needed.

Anyways thanks punq!

Hmm, I have never owned a lightgun for the PS1 or PS2. I currently have a PS2 hooked up via component cables to my HDTV. Will the Guncon 2s work? The Xbox Rifle gun unfortunately was not HDTV compatible and I do not want to get stuck with Guncon 2s if I cannot use them. So can anyone verify that Guncon 2s work on HDTV and how they hook up to one of them. Thank you.

Ok quick question

Time Crisis 2 or 3?I could get either its a 5 dollar diffrence and Gamestop is having a buy 1 PO get 1 free sale 30 over 30 under as usual

Depends on the price but I'd say TC 3, well I like it more anyways. Come to hink of it i dont even now if my local GS is having this sale...I wish they did.

[quote name='-BigC-']Ok quick question

Time Crisis 2 or 3?I could get either its a 5 dollar diffrence and Gamestop is having a buy 1 PO get 1 free sale 30 over 30 under as usual[/quote]

I'd go with Time Crisis 3, personally. There's more replayability value in it (at least for me). I would recommend getting both eventually, though. Definitely worth your money.

I just got the original (PS1) Time Crisis complete with box, and Guncon yesterday for $7. Not too bad, IMO.

Ahhhh, finally able to put some time into TC3 after much school. I was just wondering if it also had a dual gun mode as playing with 2 people is fun but not if you only get half the screen to look at :whistle2:/

can someone give me market value on the original Time Crisis (Playstation) plus Guncon complete with box in mint condition?

trying to figure out some eBay parameters

thanks

Hmm, I have never owned a lightgun for the PS1 or PS2. I currently have a PS2 hooked up via component cables to my HDTV. Will the Guncon 2s work? The Xbox Rifle gun unfortunately was not HDTV compatible and I do not want to get stuck with Guncon 2s if I cannot use them. So can anyone verify that Guncon 2s work on HDTV and how they hook up to one of them. Thank you.

Some people have reported success hooking up the green component cable to the pass through plug on the guncon2. This could only work on a direct view HDTV. It did not work on my direct view (I have a 36" sony HDTV, I forget the model).

Also, I bought the most common light-gun for xbox (I think madcatz?) and it says it is compatable with most direct-view HDTVs....unfortunately not mine.

I have a light gun that is sold by gamequestdirect which works with any TV and is based on camera technology you put on top of the TV. I must say it does not work very well. It works, but at 1/4 the sensitivity and cannot be 'aimed' like a normal light-gun (they reccomend holding it at your side).

The whole light-gun problem with HDTVs was really annoying for me since I also went on a light-gun game buying spree only to find none of the good light-guns work with my new TV. I decided to put my old 36" TV in my bedroom. Now I need to either move my PS2/XBOX upstairs when I want to play, or get new consoles (or wait for the next-gens since they will be backward compatible, then I can move the old systems upstairs hehe).

I hope they make lightguns that work with most/all HDTVs with the next-gen systems!

need help. ok, i bought time crisis 3 with guncon2 and the gun's cable is only 6 feet long. i want to be more further away from the tv, so is there any extension cables that i could buy at radioshack or somewhere? i already have an idea what i need that radioshack would probably sell, but would it work? thanks.

Just order Op but I'll post my question here also since you all know guncons. I tried to hook mine guncons up but ran into problems. I plug the external video cable into a video rca port on my TV and then plug the ps2 video cable into the female end of it. Then when i put my guncons in the 2 prong female end at the oppostie end of the cable, i suddenly just lose my picture. Any help please?

[quote name='ryosnk']Which series is better virtual cop or time crisis?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna say Virtua Cop because I spent my young life with that and my Stunner on the Saturn. In thruth though, the ducking system in Time Crisis probably makes that series better.

bread's done
Back