Light gun discussion thread - Game Deals Inside!

*ordered TC3 from EBgames*

I only hope it's not scratched beyond playability (it is used)...

Edit: About that other gun... is it *better* than the GunCon2? There are some nifty deals on Ebay involving getting another GC2 with a game that I might pickup if that be the case...

Edit Again: The problem with this site: you get a good deal and then find you could have gotten a better one :whistle2:/

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3083379

Anyway to cancle an EB order?

And another edit: Yes, just have to call EB. Auctually quite nice about it.

Now that you've heard my saga, aren't you glad I know how to use the edit button? ;)

ok ive almost completed the playstation luight gun collection! all i need now are the following games!!!

Time Crisis: Project Titan - found for $10, thinking about it
Point Blank - not found yet
Gunfighter: Jesse James - $6 from ebgames
Leathel Enforcers 1+2 - found for $15, am very close to paying that, even tho i cant really afford to lol
Elemental Gearbolt - 17 at ebgames.com kinda high priced

if anyone has any of these 5 games and wants to trade, please let me know! i want to get the full collection!

[quote name='gamefreak']*ordered TC3 from EBgames*

Edit: About that other gun... is it *better* than the GunCon2? There are some nifty deals on Ebay involving getting another GC2 with a game that I might pickup if that be the case...

Edit Again: The problem with this site: you get a good deal and then find you could have gotten a better one :whistle2:/

Now that you've heard my saga, aren't you glad I know how to use the edit button? ;)[/quote]

So you cancelled your order of TC3 to get TC2 instead?

BigC, thanks for the Crisis Zone deal! I'm really thinking about just placing the preorder since I can cancel anyway, though I gotta check to make sure they odn't charge you till it ships. BTW the release date is October 19th, same date as GTA: SA. Thats another reason why I'm not sure if I should buy Crisis Zone or not.

Cool thanks! Though I cannot get the Summer code to work. Is that $8.29 on $50 already the code? It goes down to $46 after I add it to my card. How do I get it down to $41?

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='gamefreak']*ordered TC3 from EBgames*

Now that you've heard my saga, aren't you glad I know how to use the edit button? ;)[/quote]

So you cancelled your order of TC3 to get TC2 instead?

BigC, thanks for the Crisis Zone deal! I'm really thinking about just placing the preorder since I can cancel anyway, though I gotta check to make sure they odn't charge you till it ships. BTW the release date is October 19th, same date as GTA: SA. Thats another reason why I'm not sure if I should buy Crisis Zone or not.[/quote]

Yes yes. Better to get TC2 new with a gun at a cheap prices and then get TC3 in store or online without the gun so it's not scratched. Plus I figured it'd probably be harder to find TC2 in stores.

they take the $8 off automatically when it adds to you cart. SUMMMER is the 10% off code, but it looks as though it isn't working anymore. Perhaps yet another deal killed by CAG? Anyhow, Crisis Zone w/ Guncon 2 for $46 shipped isn't too bad either.

bummer... woulda been nice to preorder Crisis Zone w/ G2 for around 40 bucks...
I found a copy of Point Blank 3 in my local TRU when I was there searching for TRU sale games (8/23 yea I caught up on the deal too late) but I didn't buy it cause I don't have the original guncon for playstation. I was surprised to see that game there though.

I've been looking for a light gun with recoil for a while, and this mission light gun looks good. Since I'd prefer to go with a black one and lik-sang.com has them, has anyone bought from lik-sang before? Or heard wether they are trustworthy?

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']I've been looking for a light gun with recoil for a while, and this mission light gun looks good. Since I'd prefer to go with a black one and lik-sang.com has them, has anyone bought from lik-sang before? Or heard wether they are trustworthy?[/quote]

They should be, they are widly knowen.

Speaking of this, it's 35% off if you get 5 guns. Would it be possible that there's anyone else out there that would double up so to speak? If we ordered in bulk we could save a bit.

(It's auctually cheaper (shipping exluceded) to buy 5 of them than 4. Odd that...)

[quote name='punqsux']ok ive almost completed the playstation luight gun collection! all i need now are the following games!!!

Time Crisis: Project Titan - found for $10, thinking about it
Point Blank - not found yet
Gunfighter: Jesse James - $6 from ebgames
Leathel Enforcers 1+2 - found for $15, am very close to paying that, even tho i cant really afford to lol
Elemental Gearbolt - 17 at ebgames.com kinda high priced

if anyone has any of these 5 games and wants to trade, please let me know! i want to get the full collection![/quote]

Since you are teh uber king of teh light gun, recommend any non-TC games to pick up?

zombie-the missions are AWESOME light guns! it takes a little getting used to the feel (these are alot bigger than guncons) but the recoil is great on them.

gamefreak - if youre talking ps2 - get ninja assault, its sweet and has some nice mini games.

if youre talking old school pick up point blank orarea 51, awesome games.

I'll mention this since it hasnt been. I've only done this with TC 1 but I did it on both a PS1 and a PS2 so I figure it'll work with all games. If you play single player style you can plug a playstation steering wheel into second player and use it's foot pedals as a peak and hide foot pedal, give you an arcade feel if you dont want to buy a non-gun con gun with a optional pedal.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']I'll mention this since it hasnt been. I've only done this with TC 1 but I did it on both a PS1 and a PS2 so I figure it'll work with all games. If you play single player style you can plug a playstation steering wheel into second player and use it's foot pedals as a peak and hide foot pedal, give you an arcade feel if you dont want to buy a non-gun con gun with a optional pedal.[/quote]

it works with a ddr pad as well!

^^ Haha I brought up the second port thing and punq said the same thing about the ddr pad couple pages ago.

Looks like I'm just going to pass on the Crisis Zone Pre-Order. Even though the graphics and game are nicely improved for the console, I'll probably be getting GTA as my big October game. I can wait to complete my collection. Still need Vampire Nights and TC2. Probably will get Starsky and Hutch eventually.

[quote name='gamefreak']So how does that work with a gun that plugs into the regular controller port?[/quote]
First port has the gun, second port has whatever controller (ddr, steering wheel, dual shock) you'll use for pedal.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='gamefreak']So how does that work with a gun that plugs into the regular controller port?[/quote]
First port has the gun, second port has whatever controller (ddr, steering wheel, dual shock) you'll use for pedal.[/quote]

Would it be possible to have a Guncon in the usb and then someone in the first port and program one pad to reload one and the other the other?

The way you worded your question is a little off. But I'll try to answer as best I can. The first controller port is your pedal to the first USB port. So if you were using 2 GunCon2s (they only connect through USB) when you play 2 player split screen, the first and second controller port would be the pedal ports for their respective USB ports. I think that should answer your question.

for the missons you need to have the controller port because the controller port provides the power for the recoil action. or you can just use the gun w/o recoil

lik-sang charges at the cheapest $13 for shipping and it'll take 2-4 weeks to get to the US and candada. I dont know if I want to pay an extra $13 for the Mission light gun only especially if it'll take that long,b ut I may have to. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So can you play TC3 with recoil? Isn't it GC2/USB only?[/quote]ok heres how the gun works:

when its set on guncon 2 mode, you have to have the Video and the usb plugged in to use the gun
if you want to use the recoil on the gun, you have to plug the controller port from the gun into the ps2.
you can plug it in either port, since all youre using it for is to transfer power to the gun to set off the recoil action.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']lik-sang charges at the cheapest $13 for shipping and it'll take 2-4 weeks to get to the US and candada. I dont know if I want to pay an extra $13 for the Mission light gun only especially if it'll take that long,b ut I may have to. Haven't seen it anywhere else.[/quote]

That's not good. Is the thing available anywhere else to ya'lls knowledge?

Thanks for the explanation Punq.

gamefreak, you might wanna just try ebay. Punq got them cheap and the only difference is they're green. How bout those pics Punq? :D

[quote name='gamefreak'][quote name='ZombieHendrix']lik-sang charges at the cheapest $13 for shipping and it'll take 2-4 weeks to get to the US and candada. I dont know if I want to pay an extra $13 for the Mission light gun only especially if it'll take that long,b ut I may have to. Haven't seen it anywhere else.[/quote]

That's not good. Is the thing available anywhere else to ya'lls knowledge?[/quote]

I know the Go! Cyber Shop sells the Mission Gun, but I think it's near $28 dollars and I have no idea how much their shipping is so it may be a couple dollars more than lik-sang. However, it shouldn't take 2 weeks or whatever to get to you.

Also Consolefever.com sells it for $19, again I don't know thie shipping or if they are a reliable site either. Has anyone ever ordered from them before??

[quote name='CouRageouS']Thanks for the explanation Punq.

gamefreak, you might wanna just try ebay. Punq got them cheap and the only difference is they're green. How bout those pics Punq? :D[/quote]

Yeah, I saw them :)

check out the diffrence in length of the cords between the DEagle and the guncon 2. twice as long!!
cords.jpg

Pics showing how much larger the deagle is than the guncon
sides.jpg

ontop.jpg

Left Side
left1bubbles.jpg

left2bubbles.jpg

Right Side
rightbubble.jpg

Back
triggerbubble.jpg

Grip
gripbutton.jpg

Bottom
bottombubble.jpg

I have a video of the recoil in action. its 5 seconds long and 1.2 megs, if anyone wants it AIM me and ill transfer it.

fuckING SWEET MAN! Can't wait till I get my hands on the pair you sent me! 2 things though..the link isn't working and does that 2nd A button get hit a lot on accident?

the link for the video? did you try it both ways?

no the grip button does not get hit accidently, its vey sturdy, and works very nicley for games like ninja assault.

i loked online and i cant find these guns anywhere w/o them being 35 each. the ebay seller i got them from seems to be all out, or at least not listing them at the moment.

I see some Madcatz guns at EB/Gamestop all the time. They're blue with like a double handle (machine-gun style) and they have a Guncon/Guncon2/other switch. Plus there's a d-pad on the back of the gun. They were $30 each new... that actually seems a bit more than some of these other deals. Anyway, does anyone know if those are any good? I'm still not sure if I'll wait a couple years for the inevitable Guncon3 or if I'll take the plunge now...

You can get it at Go! Cyber and Lik-sang for $33, but lik-sang will take 4-6 weeks. That consolefever.com looks like the best buy so far, but has anyone used it before?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I see some Madcatz guns at EB/Gamestop all the time. They're blue with like a double handle (machine-gun style) and they have a Guncon/Guncon2/other switch. Plus there's a d-pad on the back of the gun. They were $30 each new... that actually seems a bit more than some of these other deals. Anyway, does anyone know if those are any good? I'm still not sure if I'll wait a couple years for the inevitable Guncon3 or if I'll take the plunge now...[/quote]
I've read horrible reviews of the Madcatz Blaster. $30 for it is WAY too much too. CC.com has it for $19.99 but I still would suggest against it. I can't stress enough to anyone who doesn't have a GunCon2 and wants one to just pick up a used TC3 w/Guncon2 from ebgames.com. You can get it for under $40 still using 15% off. Not to mention they give you a NEW copy and free 3 Day shipping. The second best option is TC2 w/ GC2 at outpost.com for $29.99 (+$5 shipping?).

Take the plunge man! Last month I went all out and got RE: Dead Aim, TC3 w/gun, Dino Stalker, Endgame, Ninja Assault all in the period of 2 weeks and I think it was worth it! And it all started cause I got that damn RE: DA for $5 from BB.com.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone must have mentioned this... but I'm too lazy to loook through the pages, so I'll just ask it here:
How would you set up a light gun?
Is it just plug in and ur done, or are there complicated connections?
Do you need a special TV to play it, or will anything work?

Time Crisis 2 got here today (go Outpost, really fast shipping) and much fun was had. Now I just need another gun and a game or two and I'm set!

[quote name='-BigC-']at console fever i cant find the green mission ones :([/quote]

They're black, technically, the green ones aren't really Mission light guns if my understanding is correct, they are modeled exactly the same as the mission light gun (or vice versa).

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone must have mentioned this... but I'm too lazy to loook through the pages, so I'll just ask it here:
How would you set up a light gun?
Is it just plug in and ur done, or are there complicated connections?
Do you need a special TV to play it, or will anything work?[/quote]

there are 2 plugs for a guncon 2.
one goes into the video input on your tv/vcr, and the other goes into the ps2 usb port.

the guncon 1 is almost the same, but instead of the usb port, it goes into the controller port.

the green gun pictured above (and many 3rd party guns) have all 3 cords, but you only NEED a combonation of the 2

bread's done
Back