Light gun discussion thread - Game Deals Inside!

[quote name='Smell']i just picked up Time Crisis 3 with gun...
My dad played it for 4 hours straight today/yesterday[/quote]

your dad rules!

[quote name='Smell']i just picked up Time Crisis 3 with gun...
My dad played it for 4 hours straight today/yesterday[/quote]
Haha cool I used to play Point Blank with my pop. And went we take family trips to Vegas(I'm only 19, no gambling yet), he'd always play those big game hunter games while takin breaks from gambling.

lol my dad loves the big game hunter

he was asking me if we could play it with the light gun on ps2. i told him No he sounded bummed out

Yeah it pretty much does...it does not work well at all for the game it is named after. And while the shotgun breakdown is pretty cool for HotD 2+3, it gets pretty heavy after awhile thanks to the extra weight over a pistol model.

I think I'm gonna search more and see if perhaps those guns come in more colors under different names. Would be cool to know if there was a bigger selection of that awesome gun.

CouRageouS i heard back from the seller and he said its cool so he's shipping me 4 guns. ill let you know when they get here

[quote name='punqsux']i heard that rifle sucked[/quote]

The silent scope rifles were recalled as defective.

Keep an eye out for Crisis Zone coming out for PS2. Yes I said crisis zone, machine gun crisis zone. :D

I'm pretty sure they weren't recalled. I know there were some voltage problems between the rifle and some xboxes, but Pelican setup a number for you to call and get a replacement cable. I never heard that the rifle was actually recalled.

[quote name='sying']
Keep an eye out for Crisis Zone coming out for PS2. Yes I said crisis zone, machine gun crisis zone. :D[/quote]
Its coming out in Mid-October. No special machine gun controller, however it does offer a dual gun mode and other console bonuses.

That machine gun is huge. If you really wanted something special though, you can import UZI lightguns. But I'm just glad Namco decided to release Crisis Zone. Chronologically it was in the arcades before TC3, but wasn't very popular. So I guess they had to update it and such to TC3 standards. The PS2 Crisis Zone has way better graphics than the arcade version and a lot of other improvements. Dual gun mode sold me.

Besides Time Crisis 2&3 (which I've played many times in the local arcade), what are the best lightgun games for PS2?

I'm going to assume that the low pricepoint on EndGame means it sucks, and I've heard that Ninja Assault isn't that great either. My preconception is that RE: Dead Aim and Vampire Night are the two best games (besides the Time Crisis series).

Any suggestions/critisisms on the few lightgun games available for PS2?

I'd say in my experience, the next best is indeed Vampire Night. Dino Stalker and Dead Aim aren't that bad really at all. I haven't played ninja Assualt enough to pass a complete judgement probably. However, all of them may be stepped over by Crisis Zone when it hits shelves.

Endgame is alright for what it is but I have to say outside of TC, Vampire Night and Ninja Assault are the winners. If not just for the entertainment value they can bring alone then for the two player joy it can bring. A lot of people complain about Ninja Assault being short or whatnot, but its still a high quality game. Dead Aim is certainly fun but I wouldn't rank it high up there with the Namco shooters. Just imagine a regular RE game except you do all the shooting in first person with a Gun. Not enough action to where you'll play it over and over like the Namco shooters. It was also extremely easy. You could beat it in about an hour if you don't kill everything. I haven't got my copy Dino Stalker in the mail yet, but it looks to have a lot more action than Dead Aim. Sure hope it does.

I have Time Crisis 2, Vampire Night, and Ninja Assault and they are all GREAT games. And Ninja Assault is longer than Time Crisis 2.

Just got my copy of Dino Stalker in the mail. Played the first couple stages. Dunno how long it it but I like it better than Dead Aim since you stay in first person and don't switch between first and third to shoot and walk. Its like your playing a FPS with a lightgun, pretty damn fun.

[quote name='punqsux']CouRageouS i heard back from the seller and he said its cool so he's shipping me 4 guns. ill let you know when they get here[/quote]
I cant believe I didnt notice that post! Thanks Punq! Very much appreciated! Hit me up with a PM when you get them. I also found what seems to be a reliable site for a Reload Pedal. They emailed me back and forth a couple times cause I asked them about it. I'll post the link later cause I'm not on my comp right now. Thanks again!

My copy of Time Crisis 3 (with guncon2) should be arriving on my porch in a little under 2 hours, give or take. I can't wait to play it.

I also picked up Dino Stalker at EB Games while they were doing the Buy2Get1 free deal on preowned (my stepbrother got the other two games, making mine only five bucks :p, after splitting the free price-point).

Best Buy should be shipping my $5.00 RE: Dead Aim sometime within the next week, so all that I have left to get are Vampire Night and Ninja Assault. I guess I should have picked up those two and Time Crisis 2 online during the B2G1 deal. Oh well.

Just wait till you unlock Rescue Mission mode in TC3. Surprisingly fun and prolongs the game. Are you also gonna get Endgame and Starsky and Hutch or do you have them already? I say since your investing in a GunCon2, might as well pick up all 8 games since half of them are can be found under $15. And consider getting a second gun for 2 player and dual gun modes. Thanks to Punq, in a couple weeks this is what I can't wait for...
d0ad03c7.jpg
+
d0ad03c7.jpg
+
beanbag.jpg
=
Lazy Dual Gun Gaming!

I just ordered the Gunvari Collection from T n' J. Does anyone know a site that has Virtua Cop: Rebirth for cheap?

I've found several sites that have the Reload Pedal. The general cost is only $4, some places are just fuck you over with the shipping. I think I may go ahead and take a chance ordering from this one place. Its a Yahoo! store and they offer free USPS shipping. Though I won't get one (perhaps 2) till those Desert Eagles come in.

the eagles showed up at my apartment, however im not there so ill have to deal with that monday. but i should have them soon!!

ive been insanley busy with life recently, but i still plan on doing that website, i just need a bit of free time.

thanks for keeping this topic alive guys!

^^ Coolness. Can't wait to hear how they perform. Can't wait even more to get my pair from ya. I feel you on being crazy busy too..Summer is coming to an end..back to just school and work! I'll paypal you the money for the guns and rf2 asap though. Fall tuition, books, and spending more than expected on my bday (18th) set me back a bit but I'll only need a few extra days.

i just picked up the DEagles this morning from ups and those are nice guns! i havent really played with them much, but i tryed all 3 kinds og games (area 51, point blank 3, and time crisis 3) and no real problems yet! the recoil on these guns is AWESOME! if feels so much more like the arcade. the guns are not as comfortable as the guncon 2. the grip is bigger, but its not a problem after a couple rounds.

my roomate and i just got done playing a bit of ninja assault 2 player, man that game is sweet. i dont see why everyone hates it.

anyways ill prolly post more later!

Haha is Revolution X that machine gun game with Aerosmith where they tell you that music is the key and you shoot CDs? I think they actually may still have that at my local bowling alley.

Check out page 6 of this thread for a couple. But if you still haven't I suggested getting a PO TC3 w/ GunCon2 from ebgames. AFF25 is gone but you still get a brand new one for under $40.

Punq, how bout a pic or 2 of the Eagle side by side with the GC2. I'm thinking you may have found the best GunCon2 alternative (if not better)

Im intrested in those Green mission guns

Anyone know where I could gettem?Saw a pair on Ebay I think not real big on trusting someone else to send me something after I paid for it thou.

gonna be expensive but ive had a urge to play light gun games

new ps2 150
games 70 or so
guns 30?

thats alot of money :(

get a refurb ps2 and tc3 w/gun

that right there will run you $140 shipped from ebgames and onn top of that they have a deal where you can get madden 04 and mgs2 with the ps2. so its 140 for the console 3 games and a gun...not bad.

Did you ever pick up that Mission gun Rage? If so how is it and where'd ya get it?

From what I've read a GC2 wouldn't work with the older games which I'd like it to do. Did I read wrong or is this indeed the case?

[quote name='gamefreak']Did you ever pick up that Mission gun Rage? If so how is it and where'd ya get it?

From what I've read a GC2 wouldn't work with the older games which I'd like it to do. Did I read wrong or is this indeed the case?[/quote]

Punq actually got me a pair of the same green Desert Eagle lightguns he got from ebay, but the desert eagles are the same as the black Missions just different color and marked under a different name. You could pick them up from lik-sang or play-asia from around $20 something.

And yea the GC2 only works with PS2 games cause it hooks up to the USB port. To play older games, you need a Gun that goes into the controller port. Most import guns have the double plug (USB/Controller), allowing you to play either.

If you're going to get TC3 used you might as well pay a little bit extra and get it with the gun. ebgames sends you a brand new one with free 3day ups. and besides, why pass up on another gun?!

You'll be all set for 2 Player though! And theres 8 PS2 games, 9 come October when Crisis Zone releases. I don't think the fact that it only works with PS2 games is anything to hold against it. It'll be good to have the GunCon 2, I just think they're so sturdy and great incase something goes wrong with the import guns. I still have my original GunCon and it works perfectly.

Add it to your cart

Note on the top left of the games page it says

"Spend 50$ and we will pay the first 8.99 for you"

Plus enter SUMMER as the code

And it turns it into 41$ :D

bread's done
Back