Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I got my Super GunWorld 2 game in. It came with 5 trading cards. Is that normal?
I got five as well.

Also noticed they were up to like card #175. Wow. I'd like to hear from completionist card collectors, if there even are any......how do you guys manage? I really hope you guys aren't paying 10-15$ a card on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/952007970107379713

Screencheat is coming for PS4.

I really enjoyed this one (bought it digital a few years ago), but I couldn't get any of my local friends into it. I'll probably pass personally, but I do think the title's worthy of a physical release.

I got five as well.

Also noticed they were up to like card #175. Wow. I'd like to hear from completionist card collectors, if there even are any......how do you guys manage? I really hope you guys aren't paying 10-15$ a card on ebay.
All of the cards haven't been released. For some reason they aren't numbered chronologically.

As for the collecting: I just look at the available cards and wish I had more than I do. I'm not willing to pay extra for the missing cards.

I love all these announcements,as I'm skipping just about everything. Munch's Odyssey looks OK, but I have it already.....eh...I'll wait for the Sekai Project stuff.

Screencheat is fun but its more of a party game. You can play solo vs. bots but it kind of defeats the point. Not as bad of a release as Lawbreakers since it's more of a game you play with friends and it doesn't need an active community like Lawbreakers does. Not something I'd want a physical copy of, but it's better than some of the other releases recently.

Comparing Screencheat to Lawbreakers seems completely flawed to me. This game has offline play. It's just as good offline as online... probably even better, when playing with friends. It's not like Lawbreakers which requires an online community and can't be even be played offline. There's no reason this game shouldn't be considered for a disc release. It will never go obsolete and will always be able to be enjoyed.

Comparing Screencheat to Lawbreakers seems completely flawed to me. This game has offline play. It's just as good offline as online... probably even better, when playing with friends. It's not like Lawbreakers which requires an online community and can't be even be played offline. There's no reason this game shouldn't be considered for a disc release. It will never go obsolete and will always be able to be enjoyed.
I agree, it seems like a game where you can play with your friends in your living room on the same screen. Don't think you can do that with Lawbreakers.

I agree, it seems like a game where you can play with your friends in your living room on the same screen. Don't think you can do that with Lawbreakers.
Yeah, when Lawbreakers was first announced, I wasn't to familiar, as it's not my type of game in general. Once LRG announced their release, I became an expert, as it was stated here in plain English, it was online ONLY! And I saw more than one warning that it should have never been offered, as it really served no purpose in physical form.

For anyone who bought in to the hype, use it as a learning experience, and don't buy a physical version of an online only game EVER! And always do your own research before any game purchases, so you know what your getting.

I'm glad to see the Screencheat game seems to be the same online or off, so it is still useful past online ending at some point. That's a game that anyone could buy, and not be burned by the time it arrives. I agree wholeheartedly it's a game that can and should have a physical release. Lawbreakers should have never had one, especially from a company offering games to be preserved, as LB should have never even made that list.

I dare say that Screencheat SHOULD be played offline, on the couch and with friends. It seems the while purpose of the game is to emulate that old feeling of fucking your friends over in 007 Golden Eye on the N64.
...a treasured past time, truly.

Anyone interested in skullgirls? Everything included BUT opened. Pencil board, soundtrack, sticker, postcard, game, slipcase, etc. But it was opened. Never played.

Not sure what to ask for it, but feel free to pm an offer..

Yes I also posted this in the other thread but I wanted to here as well.

Anyone interested in skullgirls? Everything included BUT opened. Pencil board, soundtrack, sticker, postcard, game, slipcase, etc. But it was opened. Never played.

Not sure what to ask for it, but feel free to pm an offer..

Yes I also posted this in the other thread but I wanted to here as well.
I'll give you 1 cent. That is the going price in this thread

Yeah I was gonna edit and mention I'm not the penny guy hahaha.

I just got it when I was going for a full set and have since broken that, and have no interest in fighting games..

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/951917863866130433?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Eother
Honestly, that's a damn shame, and it should be painful. As you guys listened to the ass clowns complaining about to many releases, as you felt some guilt for offering "games", which I thought was the reason you started LRG in the first place.

I guess I was wrong :-({|=

EDIT: I bet there was some great games in there as well. Hopefully some of those developers will take their business elsewhere, and one of the other players in the "limited" game market will step up and make their games a "physical" reality, Instead of a limited amount of "releases" which LRG has become(LRR/Limited Run Releases).

I was thrilled to see that tweet. It sucks that some games won't get physical releases now, but I expect they were all those very small, $5 indie games that LRG put out way too many of last year. I've been very irritated with the break neck release speed, so their direction is definitely making some of us happy, and I'm happy to see them taking the problem seriously.

If they're weeding out their schedule, because of fan request or not, it may mean those games weren't the greatest. That would only help the brand then.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/952993794529611776?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Eother

This isn’t going to be their first switch release, but it was just announced. They’ll be announcing another one at 60k followers (about 5k to go).

Well, it’s a good time to trade some of them off etc if you’re after switch releases. It is nice to have something that feels special. SMRPG certainly did for a bit. Probably my my fave LRG release so far- because I’m old I guess.

Well, it’s a good time to trade some of them off etc if you’re after switch releases. It is nice to have something that feels special. SMRPG certainly did for a bit. Probably my my fave LRG release so far- because I’m old I guess.
That's a solid release for sure, so good to see it making it's way to the NS. I very much still want to play it, so if my son's interested, maybe I'll get this for him. That way I can play it when it comes out, and keep my Vita copy sealed. But if not, I'll for sure open my copy whenever I get the time to play it.

EDIT: Saturday mornings was my favorite time while growing up, so very much interested in the old school feel.

Is Kuro Blaster and Momodora still being released? they were the only games i was looking forward to

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/951917863866130433?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Eother
I can understand not taking on too much and needing to thin the herd a bit, but I hope they are still going to put out Cosmic Star Heroine and Rabi Ribi.

I just received my copy of Mecho Tales, and that game is really short. I platted it in about 3 hours.

I can understand not taking on too much and needing to thin the herd a bit, but I hope they are still going to put out Cosmic Star Heroine and Rabi Ribi.
I'm sure they will, those two are very popular. At the rate they're releasing Rabi Ribi at I might just wait for a physical Switch release though.

Of course. They're just not going to cancel games from the Sekai Project x Limited Run Games partnership. Only way for that to happen is Sekai Project cancelling it themselves for not getting any shit done

They're still working on the Vita ver. of CSH. Once that is done, the PS4/Vita release will soon come after, whenever that is.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/952993794529611776?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Eother

This isn’t going to be their first switch release, but it was just announced. They’ll be announcing another one at 60k followers (about 5k to go).
Glad I saw this... almost traded for a PS4 copy recently.

Glad I saw this... almost traded for a PS4 copy recently.
I wonder what the numbers will be for this? To low, and now you've pissed off the new NS crowd of shoppers, who will in turn state they won't be back(which is BS). LOL Or they produce to many, and the "sky is falling", as no one want's it because it's in stock more than a few days.

This is going to be highly entertaining either way, as the PS4/Vita crowds where bad enough, but the "N" crowds, holy shit, LRG better start praying now. LOL

I wonder what the numbers will be for this? To low, and now you've pissed off the new NS crowd of shoppers, who will in turn state they won't be back(which is BS). LOL Or they produce to many, and the "sky is falling", as no one want's it because it's in stock more than a few days.

This is going to be highly entertaining either way, as the PS4/Vita crowds where bad enough, but the "N" crowds, holy shit, LRG better start praying now. LOL
People will always complain no matter what lrg do. It’s actually a good sign for their business. Otherwise no one will care.

Doesn't Nintendo also have a bigger print requirement than Sony? Or was that just a thing in the past?

Ha. Got a good laugh reading this. Fanboys of all products are annoying, but the Nintendo fan club takes the cake.
As someone who was once part of this, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. I mean, they make fantastic games but holy shit, their fanboys preach them like every single game they release is the greatest game ever made.

As someone who was once part of this, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. I mean, they make fantastic games but holy shit, their fanboys preach them like every single game they release is the greatest game ever made.
All evidence of this is on the facebook page Everything Nintendo

LRG should use Saturday Morning RPG to gauge Switch sales.

The contract is essentially with themselves and they are the developers. It's ok to over produce on this one, imho, because it will eventually sellout, and, after production costs, it's 100% profit for them.

The contract is essentially with themselves and they are the developers. It's ok to over produce on this one, imho, because it will eventually sellout, and, after production costs, it's 100% profit for them.
The question is how much will they charge for it?

I'm guessing 35 plus

Doesn't Nintendo also have a bigger print requirement than Sony? Or was that just a thing in the past?

Last gen there was a bigger requirements, but I thought I read it is now a non issue(but I may be wrong).

Yeah, I don't even bother to comment on "N" specific sites like Go Nintendo anymore. As the koolaid was once being served in a Big Gulp, and now it's just hooked up by IV, so no level of sanity is ever had. LOL

I was actually gonna recommend this as well, as sitting on inventory for your own games isn't really a big deal. With the NS user base, I don't know that qty's over the PS4 will really be needed, but as stated, the "N" crowd defies logic at every turn, so who knows?

The question is how much will they charge for it?

I'm guessing 35 plus
I would guess the pricing will be based around what they offer it for on the e-shop, as the N tax may be a factor.

bread's done
Back