Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Se7en69']I really hope the delay is only a week like they said. Because this game is amazing! I did not even try to get into the beta because I wanted to wait for the real game when it came out. I was lucky enough to find one of those early copies and have been playing like mad.

It is addictive like very few games are. Once you start and pass a level, and you notice there are a few items you missed, you want to go back and try to get them. And sometimes you need other tools/stickers before you are able to do that. Instead of being bored because you are retrying a level, you try to figure out other ways to get more points and such. "Maybe there is something hidden behind that person." Or maybe I can try to reach this place forward or backwards." I was taking a wait and see approach with this game. I was hoping it turned out good, but never thought it would live up to the hype. And it absolutely has with me.

In fact, I also bought Fable 2 and have not even turned it on![/QUOTE]

One of my only concerns about the story mode is that I've heard there are some items that you can only collect with 2 or more people. I don't like this idea as if you're playing it single-player you could spend a great while trying to deduce how to get an item, only to find out that it's actually impossible with just one player. It's a rather small $$$$le, but a concern nonetheless.

In other news, I actually did end up being successful in my quest for LBP. It turned out there was another blockbuster even closer to where I lived that had a copy for sale. Neither of the employees there knew what it was, but they both thought the box art was funny, and we ended up chatting a bit while they rang me up, so the clerkess (my new word) didn't notice the note not to sell on the receipt. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but they said they'd already rented the game out earlier in the day, so it's not like I pierced the embargo on that location. I'll play soon, but I haven't eaten today and that comes first. I hope it was worth the trouble.

Edt: The word that got censored is nig gel without the space. I think it's rather funny that that gets picked up by the censoring software as something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykee98']they had a small stack of 5 or 6 when i left about 1 pm.[/quote]I went and they had one left!
All ready to buy when the evening manager told the clerk not to sell it. :bomb:

That being said, I did get my ebay copy in the mail!
Here's me and my lady friend. I'm the lion.

257heva.jpg

Mr Durand:
There are even some that are 4 player only items.
The game tries hard to encourage online play.

It's really a shame that "questionable' song will be taken out, it's quite the mood setter for that level and sounds so good.

My friend was freaking out when she heard the Cafe Tacuba song. She's a huge fan.
I was surprised too. Good song!

Interestingly enough i go to best buy's website and when you do the store locator to see if its in stock its got it available in all the stores. I'm interested in ordering it for in store pick up but i'm pretty sure it will just con me into picking it up next week.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']One of my only concerns about the story mode is that I've heard there are some items that you can only collect with 2 or more people. I don't like this idea as if you're playing it single-player you could spend a great while trying to deduce how to get an item, only to find out that it's actually impossible with just one player. It's a rather small $$$$le, but a concern nonetheless.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the game makes it completely obvious all the times you need more than one player to get items.

It makes it very obvious when you need more players. There'll be an actual sign saying it.

The first few times I used another controller to grab stuff. Then I realized that I really shouldn't try to do this on my own because I could have fun with other people online or offline grabbing these items. The stuff they give is usually just extra theme specific materials or stickers, and I have plenty of those already.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']One of my only concerns about the story mode is that I've heard there are some items that you can only collect with 2 or more people. I don't like this idea as if you're playing it single-player you could spend a great while trying to deduce how to get an item, only to find out that it's actually impossible with just one player. It's a rather small $$$$le, but a concern nonetheless.

[/quote]

This is true. I think I am seeing more of these levels as I continue playing. I will try to get 100% on those single player levels just to try and remember which ones are the multiplayer ones. They tease you a lot, too. The items are like right there, but you cannot do anything about it without another player.

I am going to have some friends over and see if we can do them. My fear about playing online (whenever the servers go up) with someone is that they will just try to play around or tick you off by not helping you out in those levels.

I kindly ask that people who have the game do not discuss anything about the game other than trying to create their own level. Sony really dropped the ball with this delay. LBP isn't selling to a larger audience at this point.

[quote name='KingBroly']I kindly ask that people who have the game do not discuss anything about the game other than trying to create their own level. Sony really dropped the ball with this delay. LBP isn't selling to a larger audience at this point.[/quote]

1) I don't have the game but you don't hear me boo-hooing that I couldn't get it early.

2) How, seriously, did Sony "drop the ball"? For the 1000th time, all they did was avoid a potential backlash from a stupid friggin song in an E rated game so they delayed it 1 WEEK. 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can't handle a 1 WEEK delay...grow up!

3) What does your last statement even mean?? Technically, the game shouldn't be SELLING to anyone yet. It isn't for sale until next week. You really think that people are not going to get this game other than this niche forum reading people who for some reason think that they will teach Sony a lesson and not buy it because they made a business decision? Please.

[quote name='cdietschrun']1) I don't have the game but you don't hear me boo-hooing that I couldn't get it early.

2) How, seriously, did Sony "drop the ball"? For the 1000th time, all they did was avoid a potential backlash from a stupid friggin song in an E rated game so they delayed it 1 WEEK. 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can't handle a 1 WEEK delay...grow up!

3) What does your last statement even mean?? Technically, the game shouldn't be SELLING to anyone yet. It isn't for sale until next week. You really think that people are not going to get this game other than this niche forum reading people who for some reason think that they will teach Sony a lesson and not buy it because they made a business decision? Please.[/quote]

x2

Patch 1.01 is up for some.
However, the song is still there according to those who've listened to it post-patch.
Maybe they just took out the sections with the verses. I'll check when I get home.

Still, no online servers, but there's a different message now.
Hopefully goes up soon.

[quote name='dallow']I went and they had one left![/quote]

I'm glad I went when i did, and that you got a copy anyway. Cool picture by the way.

i wish they would just stop pretending that the game has been released to the public and put the servers up.

Anyone have any thoughts about how this is going to screw up their first week sales statistics?

[quote name='flatliner718']Interestingly enough i go to best buy's website and when you do the store locator to see if its in stock its got it available in all the stores. I'm interested in ordering it for in store pick up but i'm pretty sure it will just con me into picking it up next week.[/quote]

Here's an email I got from my friend, who is a manager at my local Best Buy

You can set up pre-orders for "In Store Pickup." All that means is that the morning we go to sell the item, our computers will bring up your order and tell us to pull X, Y, and Z for you and hold it behind the counter. If it's not on shelves, In Store Pickup probably won't get you it any sooner(unless somone new or dense is working the registers).

Also their website says the release date is tentatively 11/14, but she said if they get it next week, they will be putting it out for sale

[quote name='cdietschrun']1) I don't have the game but you don't hear me boo-hooing that I couldn't get it early.

3) What does your last statement even mean?? Technically, the game shouldn't be SELLING to anyone yet. It isn't for sale until next week. You really think that people are not going to get this game other than this niche forum reading people who for some reason think that they will teach Sony a lesson and not buy it because they made a business decision? Please.[/quote]

Preach! :applause:

[quote name='dallow']Patch 1.01 is up for some.
However, the song is still there according to those who've listened to it post-patch.
Maybe they just took out the sections with the verses. I'll check when I get home.

Still, no online servers, but there's a different message now.
Hopefully goes up soon.[/quote]
Now I'm curious as to whether they've pulled the whole song or just censored those particular lyrics now; the latter would seem the most beneficial choice :D

Well I found a single copy at my local meijer store. I bought it the things is we won't play it until X-Mas anyway. The reason I got it was I had a coupon that expired this week, so I figured I get it now.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I keep hearing that term "drop the ball", like it's almost synonymous with Sony.[/quote]

Considering the DRE problems(and the incompatability issues with the one model of the slim in Japan where even PS2 games weren't playing on it)with the PS2 and some of MAJOR issues this gen thus far(high price, for one), I think that Sony needs to seriously get their act together and make sure every big game coming out from now on doesn't have anything any whiner might find 'offensive'.

I think this may work out well. I'm sure anyone who really put in the effort has been able to get a copy and that means some of the crazy people are going to have some decent levels made and online by the time the general consumers get the game.

And a 1 week turnout on such a massive recall is just incredible. Sony really caught the ball in this case.

[quote name='happy']I think this may work out well. I'm sure anyone who really put in the effort has been able to get a copy and that means some of the crazy people are going to have some decent levels made and online by the time the general consumers get the game.

And a 1 week turnout on such a massive recall is just incredible. Sony really caught the ball in this case.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all the levels from the beta will also be there too.

[quote name='happy']I think this may work out well. I'm sure anyone who really put in the effort has been able to get a copy and that means some of the crazy people are going to have some decent levels made and online by the time the general consumers get the game.

And a 1 week turnout on such a massive recall is just incredible. Sony really caught the ball in this case.[/quote]

If they had caught the ball SIX MONTHS AGO, then the game would be out and many of us would be enjoying it by now, not having to wait until they press and release 'fixed' copies.

How the hell the song made it through after the last debacle they had is beyond me, but I guess they were bound to miss something else again SOMETIME, huh?

Mind you, this game was originally viewed by me as a 'kiddy title' and I didn't even care to think about buying it, but I changed my mind(namely after Rise Of The fuckin' Argonauts got pushed back till JANUARY now :roll:).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they had caught the ball SIX MONTHS AGO, then the game would be out and many of us would be enjoying it by now, not having to wait until they press and release 'fixed' copies.

How the hell the song made it through after the last debacle they had is beyond me, but I guess they were bound to miss something else again SOMETIME, huh?

Mind you, this game was originally viewed by me as a 'kiddy title' and I didn't even care to think about buying it, but I changed my mind(namely after Rise Of The fuckin' Argonauts got pushed back till JANUARY now :roll:).[/quote]

Honestly dude, you bitch about everything...

[quote name='smiggity']Honestly dude, you bitch about everything...[/QUOTE]

:lol: I was going to post something similar.

[quote name='smiggity']Honestly dude, you bitch about everything...[/quote]

Well his Avatar tag says he "Speaks His Mind" lol

[quote name='smiggity']Honestly dude, you bitch about everything...[/quote]

Not everything, but this seems like an issue that SHOULD have been found before it was found.

I think I mentioned this before, but I checked Walmart today and there was a conspicuous empty spot on the one shelf in the PS3 case, which I'm assuming was where LBP was before it either sold out or was pulled.

What's wrong with being disappointed it got pushed back a week? I was really excited for it and wanted it for my Birthday (24th), lame salad now! I'm not that mad though now, because I really wanted the early copies because it had the extra song on it, but that's being taken out via firmware so whatever.

After playing the game, I find the "recalled" song perfect for that level. And it is in Somalia. God knows I have no idea what the person is singing and I bet neither will most people who buy the game. Wouldn't it have been smarter to just release the game as it is, instead of recalling every single game from pretty much every retailer? I would bet that those who are "offended" would be slim to none. Sony could just have patched it and/or said "Hey, all of you who are offended send us the disc and we will send you a new one." Not only would they have saved money, they wouldn't have had to recall the game.

I find this situation very strange. With the economy as crazy as it is, you would think these big companies would know better?

It's likely no one realized that there were lines from the Koran in there. It was probably checked and everything, but 2 lines from the koran is hard to spot if you're not a muslim.

[quote name='Se7en69']After playing the game, I find the "recalled" song perfect for that level. And it is in Somalia. God knows I have no idea what the person is singing and I bet neither will most people who buy the game. Wouldn't it have been smarter to just release the game as it is, instead of recalling every single game from pretty much every retailer? I would bet that those who are "offended" would be slim to none. Sony could just have patched it and/or said "Hey, all of you who are offended send us the disc and we will send you a new one." Not only would they have saved money, they wouldn't have had to recall the game.

I find this situation very strange. With the economy as crazy as it is, you would think these big companies would know better?[/quote]

I've been saying this all along basically. From a business standpoint, the copies that were already probably en route to stores BEFORE the 'scandal' broke would've flown off the shelves(albeit for the wrong reasons, since many would've Ebayed them like I wanted to do with ONE copy)and made this game's initial release a smash success.

Plus, as you said, they could've swapped out discs for those who were 'offended'.

But I guess the copies that did leak out will have to do for those who want it for collecting/Ebaying sake.

I just wonder, are they making the cover for the 'fixed' version any different than the 'bad' version? If not, then will the bad version not even be accepted for trade, like the "Hot Coffee' version of San Andreas at many stores?

[quote name='Vanigan']It's likely no one realized that there were lines from the Koran in there. It was probably checked and everything, but 2 lines from the koran is hard to spot if you're not a muslim.[/quote]

Thing is, I'm a Catholic(non practicing mostly) and if there were a big stink over a game or whatever and it was recalled due to 'lines from the Bible' being in it or whatever, my opinion would still be the same. That being: WHO CARES!?!?!?!

I'm willing to bet that the 'Muslim' that found the lines from the Koran in it was like the idiot 'parent groups' who intentionally go out and try to find something offensive in games, just so they can bitch and moan about it.

[quote name='Vanigan']It's likely no one realized that there were lines from the Koran in there. It was probably checked and everything, but 2 lines from the koran is hard to spot if you're not a muslim.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the song in a language that isn't commonly spoken among Muslims (meaning it narrows down the number of people who can spot it even more)?

I just wonder, are they making the cover for the 'fixed' version any different than the 'bad' version? If not, then will the bad version not even be accepted for trade, like the "Hot Coffee' version of San Andreas at many stores?

That thought is the only thing preventing me from opening up my "bad" version.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just because you don't care, it doesn't mean everybody else won't care either.[/quote]

True. But how many people actually caused this recall? ONE person? I certainly hope not and as I've said before, they were possibly playing a leaked early copy of it(or maybe this song was in the beta?), so how did they get enough of the game to be able to form a decision that the song was 'offensive'?

I'm thinking Sony just wanted to cover their asses just in case shit hit the fan. I do think Sony overreacted with the recall, but it is understandable considering the flak they received do to the Resistance fiasco. Angry religious folk and video games don't mix.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']True. But how many people actually caused this recall? ONE person? I certainly hope not and as I've said before, they were possibly playing a leaked early copy of it(or maybe this song was in the beta?), so how did they get enough of the game to be able to form a decision that the song was 'offensive'?[/QUOTE]

They probably read the track listing somewhere online and knew of the song already.

It's a shame they had to take it out though. I've played the first 6 levels of story mode and it's my favorite song yet in the game.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']They probably read the track listing somewhere online and knew of the song already.

It's a shame they had to take it out though. I've played the first 6 levels of story mode and it's my favorite song yet in the game.[/quote]

Isn't it supposed to be the MAIN THEME of the game? It was the original song with the game when they unveiled it last year, right? As far as I know and heard, it only takes out the lyrics.

[quote name='KingBroly']Isn't it supposed to be the MAIN THEME of the game? It was the original song with the game when they unveiled it last year, right? As far as I know and heard, it only takes out the lyrics.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's the main theme. I've seen a few LBP trailers and hadn't heard it yet. Here's a link to the level & song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dM_e05ADio

I picked up the strat guide today - looks like some great info in it. I have to check it out in more detail before the game comes out.

I guess I was thinking of a different song, because I hadn't heard it before.

I heard there was a patch out for the game. Can anyone confirm what it does?

[quote name='KingBroly']Isn't it supposed to be the MAIN THEME of the game? It was the original song with the game when they unveiled it last year, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the very first song they used in a trailer for it was Get it Together by The Go! Team, which is not an original song created for the game or anything (the song came out in 2004).

OMG I just noticed the LBP strat guide has a HUUUUUUGE fold out poster in the back! NICE! And the book is 319 pages!! WOW!

Anyone know the difference between Creature wheels or legs? Legs don't seem to do anything differently than wheels. Er wait, they probably just act differently on angled surfaces.

bread's done
Back