Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man , the countdown sale link on the dashboard seems to be borked , since it isn't listing todays deals , or any of the previous days deals either. I had to find perfect darks individual game listing to buy it there. Not only that but the UAV prop is showing up at 120 pts , not 160 as listed in the OP , no idea what it might have said on the dashboard originally though.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Man , the countdown sale link on the dashboard seems to be borked , since it isn't listing todays deals , or any of the previous days deals either. I had to find perfect darks individual game listing to buy it there. Not only that but the UAV prop is showing up at 120 pts , not 160 as listed in the OP , no idea what it might have said on the dashboard originally though.[/QUOTE]

Deals are supposed to switch at 3am EST. As far as the price that's a typo on my part. It's 120 MSP. I fixed the OP for the 2 hrs or so left on the sale

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Looking at the Mass Effect 2 content coming up but I am wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding a possible all-inclusive edition in disc form.

I tried to google it but all I got was stuff about the PS3 version comming out (which I know has everything).[/QUOTE]

i think there is speculation they will make a complete edition type for xbox . i already have me2, which i got for about $15.

even if they made it all on disc, i'm not sure it will be cheaper to get all of the dlc.

got the full game. question now is when the Tempest DLC will be on sale. probably never? how often does dlc for xbox arcade games go on sale?

Sweet deal on hydrothunder, really hoping Limbo is 400 as well. Still have about 2100 points left to budget between ME2 dlc, Limbo, and possibly MNC.

Now that was a surprise. Totally was expecting 600 for Hydro Thunder. At 400, instant buy. I like that Microsoft's sales seem to be getting better through the years. They're throwing us little curve balls like this every once in a while.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thank you
[/QUOTE]
You do such an insane good job of updating this thread that I try to help whenever I can. So if that means being that one guy who answers the obvious questions I'll try and do it.

Plus 400 points for Hydro Thunder. Jesus, wasn't even on my want radar, but now it is.

MSFT is doing a fantastic job with these deals, I wasn't even considering this before but at 400 I know I will get some good 4 player fun out of it.

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI: I am Legend is 380 MSP[/QUOTE]

Wait what? I thought it was originally 320msp for an HD purchase. I was checking this a few days ago.

Edit: It's showing up as 360msp for an HD buy and 240 for SD.

Already own Hydro Thunder but I completely recommend it for 400. The DLC is also good but $5 for 3 tracks even if they are some of the best tracks is still a bit hard to recommend. If you like the game enough for $5 buy the DLC I guess.

Also Limbo for $5 pleasepleaseplease

[quote name='HDShadow']Wait what? I thought it was originally 320msp for an HD purchase. I was checking this a few days ago.

Edit: It's showing up as 360msp for an HD buy and 240 for SD.[/QUOTE]

Ok I'll check again. The HD option was not available when I posted. This is why I hate doing Zune movie sales

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok I'll check again. The HD option was not available when I posted[/QUOTE]

Whoops! My bad! My standard option was changed to stream. You're right. >.

HT is definitely worth it at this price. I picked it up during the spend 2400 get 800 promo.

Hoping for good prices on ME2 content tomorrow, or at least the Overlord DLC.

Exactly. Zune sales have too many variables, so it's easy to make a mistake.

Just for clarity to anyone curious, here are all the prices:

Purchase:
HD - N/A
SD - 380 MSP ($4.75)

[quote name='skiizim']I wish they had Hydro Thunder DLC on sale too! I hope they have a sale on Vigilante 8, I've been waiting on that one.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even know they ported Vigilante 8 to XBLA. That's awesome! I too hope for a sale on it, though it doesn't seem to be in the cards for this holiday blowout. Has it ever gone on sale before?

Just curious, anyone here have Raskulls? I'd be so grateful if someone could send me an invite so i could download it (Not really interested in Ilomilo and Keflings)

I broke down and got HTH. I was going to wait to find out what the ME2 add-ons were going for but I figured I would just go ahead and pick it up. After this sale, I"m going to have to clean up my 20GB HDD.

Wow... Hydro Thunder for 400msp... nice... Was willing to spend 600 bit will gladly save my 200MSP (should be able to pick up Sonic 3 now while its on sale, Sweet!!!) Hoping Limbo and Monday Night Combat will be this cheap too (tho I highly doubt it). And also that Sonic Adventure is 400 ($5) and DLC is 160($2) like on PSN...

BTW, any idea on tomorrows DotW? is there gonna be one? Guess we'll find out soon enough...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, anyone here have Raskulls? I'd be so grateful if someone could send me an invite so i could download it (Not really interested in Ilomilo and Keflings)[/QUOTE]
Gotcha.

[quote name='spectreon']Wow... Hydro Thunder for 400msp... nice... Was willing to spend 600 bit will gladly save my 200MSP (should be able to pick up Sonic 3 now while its on sale, Sweet!!!) Hoping Limbo and Monday Night Combat will be this cheap too (tho I highly doubt it). And also that Sonic Adventure is 400 ($5) and DLC is 160($2) like on PSN...

BTW, any idea on tomorrows DotW? is there gonna be one? Guess we'll find out soon enough...[/QUOTE]

There's a deal hinted on MajorNelson's site:
"Tomorrow’s deal: A sequel to a legendary arcade hit"

[quote name='HDShadow']Gotcha.

There's a deal hinted on MajorNelson's site:
"Tomorrow’s deal: A sequel to a legendary arcade hit"[/QUOTE]

Isn't that just a hint for Hydro Thunder? I'm pretty sure there isn't a DotW during the Christmas sale, unless you count the eight or so titles that remain on sale throughout.

[quote name='Indignate']Isn't that just a hint for Hydro Thunder? I'm pretty sure there isn't a DotW during the Christmas sale, unless you count the eight or so titles that remain on sale throughout.[/QUOTE]

He may have messed up, but he advertises Hydro Thunder's sale in the post.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/27/countdown-to-2011-deal-day-five_2D00_HHThunder.aspx

Edit: He switched it back.
"Tomorrow’s deal: Extend the game play of one of 2010’s top games"

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']I would not of known about the deal's existence had you not posted this thread.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I dont have the time to go through every post on here. Half of the deals I find on here are reposts of games that are buried in a huge thread.

I find it both sad and funny how some of the people get their panties in a bunch when someone reposts something because they were trying to help and didnt find the other post.

[quote name='HDShadow']He may have messed up, but he advertises Hydro Thunder's sale in the post.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/27/countdown-to-2011-deal-day-five_2D00_HHThunder.aspx

Edit: He switched it back.
"Tomorrow’s deal: Extend the game play of one of 2010’s top games"[/QUOTE]

I think he's now talking about ME2 content tomorrow.

I have a feeling we won't be getting a DotW...which is fine, because it's not like we don't have a ton of deals right now.

[quote name='HDShadow']If they dropped Hydro Thunder more than 600, then Limbo may be dropped to 800. Seeing as each game doesn't follow a tradition now.

If anyone is contemplating Hydro Thunder, I had a BLAST with it. A lot of fun, especially if you have friends to play it with.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I agree with that logic. And there is a trend: everything has been at least 50% off, with the exception of Undead Nightmare. Why would Limbo break that trend? I'm not expecting it to be 400 pts but 600 seems logical. But it's the last deal so they'll want to end with a bang.

I do agree HTH is a blast to play. I bought it full price and got my money's worth out of it. The add-on is a good value too.

UGH, I want everything from now until the end of the sale... And I've already bought Lara Croft, The Writer, Perfect Dark, and Hydro Thunder. Dang you, M$!

nothing better than seeing 35 gamerscore points pop for winning your first race in Hydro Thunder, 400 MS pts well spent! Pretty good game, they shoulda dropped the DLC to 200 MS Points and I probably would have bought that too..

Think I'm going to bite on Hydro thunger, espcially since 400 points arrived from Bing Rewards this morning...

Almost certainly going to need to buy a points card in some form tomorrow.

Sill debating on getting Hydro Thunder, looks like a fun game...but I'm not sure if I see myself playing it for that long.

I wasn't feeling the trial of Hydrothunder Hurricane as much as others. At $5 as compared to $7.50 I'm willing to be a bit more lenient.
Heads up joey! Going to be adding you to my friend's list.

As for a DOTW this week I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if we still get one. I'm only hoping no as I'm afraid I may want to spend on THAT as well.
So far I've only spent 1600 but I will likely end up spending at least 1600 more when this is over. Already picked up "The Writer", Lara Croft, Perfect Dark and Afterburner Climax. Looking at "Super Meat Boy", "Hydrothunder Hurricane", ME2 DLC(hopefully, given Wake's pricing it will be 200 but I doubt it), "Banjo Tooie" and LIMBO.
I MIGHT pick up "Sonic Adventure" as well.

[quote name='reddjoey']Dead Rising 2: Case West - 800 Microsoft Points added to OP[/QUOTE]

hmmm debating on this or not. i pased buying the full dead rising 2 because i got enough of a zombie killing fix from the case zero xbla game and now this comes out for only $10 and i like that it involves frank west and picture taking is back. its completely separate from dead rising 2 and seems to be treated like an arcade game. downloading the trial now....also gotta download hydro thunder hurricane.

Huh. Did the link on the Xbox site just disappear for the full version? Right now it's there, but the hyperlink appears to have been removed. I already set it to download.

[quote name='Jabrim']Anyone know when the Lara Croft game may go on sale again, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I'll try my best Nostradamus impression and say, either "Never Again" or "During Next Year's Summer of Xbox Promotion."

Maybe the latter, as they discounted all the 2009 SofX games during the 2010 promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back