Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When avatar gear hits 80MSP and below...that's when I start paying attention (because I refuse to pay anything higher for that crap). That samurai and spartan headgear looks mighty tempting. But I'm not sure I could ever put away my pirate hat.

And, yeah, going to grab the ME2 DLC right now. Leaves me w/ 1200MSP for the remainder of the sale.

Hooray, I wasn't going insane. Grabbed all 3 ME2 DLC. So very happy with Lair of the Shadow Broker's price.

Have 1000MSP left for Limbo, Castle Crashers, and anything else leftover. As tempted as I am by Hydro Thunder's price, I don't want to have to buy more point if I can avoid it. Probably will have to anyways, though...

SWEET! Just started another play through of ME2 today and didn't have Shadow Broker. That is a kick ass deal being 200 instead of 800!!

[quote name='basis']what are regular prices for the ME2 DLCs does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

560 each for Kasumi and Overlord and 800 for Shadow Broker

any opinions on the crackdown 2 dlc? tempted..but i dont know. also i tried the demo for hydro thunder, didnt seem like anything special to me. does it get better then the demo?

If you own ME2 and don't already have it, buy Shadow Broker right now. It's most definitely worth 200MSP. Easily my favorite, with Overlord in second.

SO glad Hydro Thunder went all the way down to 400 points!
Heck, we were tempted to get it for 1200 points, but were patient during the summer, and are LOVING the big savings on points.
Now if the Tempest DLC pack ever goes on sale we'll pick it up in a heartbeat - but I refuse to pay $5 for a few tracks.

With Carcassonne and Lara Croft and Dance Central's Black Eyed Peas DLC, we've saved a bundle again this year.
Seriously, if it wasn't for XMas sale, we wouldn't have many games since they simply are too expensive normally.

BTW - Deadliest Warrior was just terrible to play. I played on a friend's account (for the achievements), and it was just terrible controls.
There are so many better fighting games out there it's ridiculous.

FYI, the Police Officer avatar outfits are showing up at the rumored 120MSP each now. You know, in case you were hoping to buy those up.

My tally so far for this sale...I think I'm done.
LO: Dungeon Pack - 80 pts
RDR: Undead Nightmare - 600 pts
Lara Croft: GoL - 600 pts
Borderlands: Claptrap - 400 pts
ME2: All DLC - 600 pts
Total = 2280

god damn 200 MSP EACH?! if you own me2, just buy all 3 at that price. (if you absolutely had to choose go with shadow broker). i got all of them on sale in oct and was happy paying 400msp

[quote name='drawingboard']What is Cerberus Network DLC?[/QUOTE]

That was the DLC included w/ new copies of ME2. It has an extra character and some extra weapons and armor IIRC. It's cheaper to hunt down a new copy of ME2 (it's been $10 several places) than buy that.

[quote name='eugaet']FYI, the Police Officer avatar outfits are showing up at the rumored 120MSP each now. You know, in case you were hoping to buy those up.[/QUOTE]

Already updated the OP

[quote name='reddjoey']That was the DLC included w/ new copies of ME2. It has an extra character and some extra weapons and armor IIRC. It's cheaper to hunt down a new copy of ME2 (it's been $10 several places) than buy that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay, thanks. Yeah, I got a new copy for $10 around Black Friday, so I wont be needing that. Its good to know I'm well set for when I start playing this.
Thanks again for all your help in this thread.

[quote name='reddjoey']Already updated the OP[/QUOTE]OK, then, Mr. Flashy Pants...why are Kasumi's and Overlord marked at 37.5% off in the OP? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? ;)

I got me 2 for $10 and all the dlc for 7.50. I wonder how long it will take the ps3 version or a 360 plat hit version to hit that price....or lower? This is a great deal.

[quote name='Abeja']The Blood Dragon Armor for your avatar is on sale for 160 pts, but its Gold exclusive.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, saw that the other day and mentioned it, but it got drowned out by talk of HTH being on sale. Wasn't sure if it was a sale or not.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']I haven't played any of the DLC yet. Is there a certain order in which I should proceed through them?[/QUOTE]
Have not played Lair of the Shadow Broker yet, but I would probably play the Kasumi DLC earlier if you have it. I did not buy it until later in the game.

[quote name='mr_bungle']General consensus is that Shadow Broker is great, but is the other DLC worth it? How much extra gameplay is it?[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed them all, and for 200 points you cant go wrong imo. but i dont remember how long they are... but they are pretty short iirc

[quote name='mr_bungle']General consensus is that Shadow Broker is great, but is the other DLC worth it? How much extra gameplay is it?[/QUOTE]

Just read a few reviews and they all said overlord and lair of the shadow broker are around 2 hours or so long and worth the price of admission.

The stolen memory dlc was rated around a 6-7 and most agree it's not as good as the other two.

but for this price, can you really go wrong with getting them all?

I have to say, there is a certain marketing genius to this. I would have bought only one for 400 but instead I spent 600. Also, this smells of an upcoming plat hits announcement but who gives a shit when the dlc is priced like this?

Awesome prices! Man I'm 200 points short to get all 3, I might have to purchase instant code from amazon to get all ME2 dlcs and limbo.

Microsoft came through on these deals this year. With Hydro Thunder and the ME2 dlc being at lower prices than I expected them, I'm looking forward to seeing the price on Limbo.

All well worth 200MSP. Overlord was an hour to an hour and a half, didn't really impact much of the rest of the game. But it was a cool self-contained story. Kasumi is the 12th squadmember, her ability sets are very useful especially on higher difficulties. Her loyalty mission is kinda short but comes with a really cool SMG weapon. Shadow Broker is an absolute steal at 200 points.

Holy shit, and here I've been slightly irritated that I only had 200 points left after The Writer and BC2: Vietnam, that I would have to buy 400 points to get Shadow Broker. Wow, 200 points is great!

Now I just have to be able to beat the boss in Kasumi's Memory, which is a pain as a Vanguard on Insanity(I've tried...5 or 6 times at least!).

Yeah, this really surprised me. I had anticipated 400 points and I was going to pass at that price, but for 200 points each I just couldn't pass them up. Glad I used my $40 TRU gift card for two 1600 point cards.

I didn't know about hydro thunder either, but i tired the demo with the online multiplayer. It is definitely worth it for 5 bucks. I reminds me of the old arcade game with better graphics and physics. You will put a couple hours into it at first then it will be there for you to come back to later. BUY It or you will regret it later

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm still debating Hydro Thunder... really wasn't on my radar but the price has throw me off... Any thoughts from people who bought it today?[/QUOTE]

I just played it for a couple hours and really enjoyed it. I plan on playing this game to 100% completion. At 5 dollars I'd give it a 10/10 rating. For $15 it would have been like a 7.5/10 for me.

I'm kind of biased because I bought the original for $60 on 9-9-99 on the first day the dreamcast came out. I played that game for hours upon hours.

$5 isn't much at all compared to the $60 i spent ten years ago.

[quote name='aperry']kasumi's stolen memory and overlord are normally 560 msp each, so the discount is actually 64.3%.[/quote]
thanks now I'm not gonna get the dlc

[quote name='zerotl']Awesome prices! Man I'm 200 points short to get all 3, I might have to purchase instant code from amazon to get all ME2 dlcs and limbo.[/QUOTE]
limbo? when is that coming down on price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back