Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crunchewy']If it looked exactly the same as Bomberman Live, then why would you pay more for it later, as opposed to getting Bomberman Live for 400 now?[/QUOTE]

Bomberman Live Battlefest is the sequel to Bomberman Live and will have many new features. I think VidPower is doing the right thing. Once Battlefest is released, Live is likely to become a ghost town.

bought castle crasher(finally) and Kingdom of Keflings.....Man im kicking myself i waited so long to play Castle Crashers...What a great beat em up.

I think i too will pass on the Sonic games and sports games. I have the ultimate collections and i have the carts of all 4 games.

going to wait patiently for Castlevania HoD and Duke Nukem Manhattan Project. Someone just pick up Duke Forever and make it!!!!. This has been a dream of mine ever since it was announced as a rumour.

I posted this is the trade forum.. but I'm looking for a quick response I need 40 MSP and the sale ends tonight. I have a female avatar beatles shirt for trade. Hoping someone has a 160 point code they didnt use from before? PM me. PLEASE!!

[quote name='addicted2games']Even though I have the original PS1 Castlevania SOTN, I bought it for 400 points today. I want an installed version of the game with no excessive loading. Now to play it again after all these years.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too, plus I wanted a great game to start off my experience as an Xbox 360 owner. The achievements are incentive also.

Meh, I'll be passing on the Sonic games since I have the Ultimate Collection. I see nothing of interest in this week's sale, either. The lull will give me time to pick up a 4000 pt card on the cheap (hopefully). I want to pick up Snoopy Flying Ace but had to put it off since I used the last of my points on Banjo Tooie, Crystal Defenders and Panzer General.

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Anyone else see the Sonic sale featured on the Dashboard?

...minus the actual discounts? :/[/QUOTE]

It's not Thursday yet. This is why you don't see any discount. Normally prices don't change until 11am EST too.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Hmmmm, I own the Sega collection, but I'm still tempted to pick up the XBLA versions for the achievements... sigh....[/QUOTE]

The achievements for Sonic 1 and 2 are really fun to get, imo. Sonic 2 was well worth the 240 I paid.

[quote name='lordopus99']It's not Thursday yet. This is why you don't see any discount. Normally prices don't change until 11am EST too.[/QUOTE]

Then why is it featured on the dash, without any mention of when the sale is going to be on.

It just says "Sonic Sale, one day only" or something to that effect, and lists the games with links to download them...

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Then why is it featured on the dash, without any mention of when the sale is going to be on.

It just says "Sonic Sale, one day only" or something to that effect, and lists the games with links to download them...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just turned on the 360 to verify this and I see it too - no dates, no anything, just "Celebrate Sonic's 19th Birthday with a one day sale" but everything is full price. It's featured on my dash as well.

I feel bad for anyone buying this who doesn't know better, before the prices kick in. Poor form, Microsoft.

I'm probably going to pick up the Sonic games for those prices. I've got a 4000 point card coming to me tomorrow. I like the idea of Sonic achievements. $12 for 4 games, especially when they are better then any Sonic games that came after them, is a deal I can't complain about.

I never got a chance to test out Magic, so unfortunately didn't take advantage of the sale. Plus I had less the 400 points anyway. Maybe it will go on sale again later on.

[quote name='moretopride']240 points left which sonic game should i pick up?[/QUOTE]
I would say Sonic 2. Sonic 1 is pretty classic and I love its design, but I think that Sonic 2 did it better. When you play Sonic 3, you're gonna want to make it epic by locking it onto Sonic and Knuckles, which is outside of your points range.

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']Then why is it featured on the dash, without any mention of when the sale is going to be on.

It just says "Sonic Sale, one day only" or something to that effect, and lists the games with links to download them...[/QUOTE]

Well that is silly of them. Major Nelson had it posted for tomorrow on his blog.

[quote name='lordopus99']Well that is silly of them. Major Nelson had it posted for tomorrow on his blog.[/QUOTE]

It is listed, but not in the spotlight. You have to go to the game marketplace row and it will be in there.

[quote name='VidPower']do the XBLA Sonic games have lock-on technology?[/QUOTE]

What does this mean anyway? Like something carries over from one game to the next? Sorry, I've only ever played these on original Sega and I don't get it...

Plan on picking up all 4, woohoo!

Sonic & Knuckles can connect to Sonic 2 and 3. This allows players to access new areas in those games by playing as Knuckles.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']What does this mean anyway? Like something carries over from one game to the next? Sorry, I've only ever played these on original Sega and I don't get it...

Plan on picking up all 4, woohoo![/QUOTE]

"As well as working as a standalone game, through a system dubbed "lock-on technology," Sonic & Knuckles acts as an expansion pack to both Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the latter of which it was developed in tandem with."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_&_Knuckles

[quote name='wampa8jedi']"As well as working as a standalone game, through a system dubbed "lock-on technology," Sonic & Knuckles acts as an expansion pack to both Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the latter of which it was developed in tandem with."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_&_Knuckles[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you. I shoulda known wikipedia would have the answer! :)

Wait a sec...there are CAGers here that have neither seen nor played Sonic & Knuckles with the lock-on feature on the original cartridge?

Holy crap, I must be old. Only 22, but still old.

On topic - I think I'll buy Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for nostalgia's sake.

[quote name='hypertails02']Wait a sec...there are CAGers here that have neither seen nor played Sonic & Knuckles with the lock-on feature on the original cartridge?

[/QUOTE]

I'm considerably older than you and except for one evening when I went to someone's house when I was in college and their kid brother had Sonic (the original, I think, though I'm not sure) I've never played ANY of these games in their original form.

Having said that, which would you guys recommend I pick up? There's no nostalgia factor in it for me, so I want the "best" game(s) of the bunch (maybe 2 of the 4).

Actually, I have played a few minutes of a few of these games on one of the Sonic collection discs (for the GC I think) and I found them to be frustrating and boring, for the most part. So maybe I shouldn't bother ;). Though my kids might want to play them and I have tons of MS points so that's why I'm asking for the 2 "best", I guess.

[quote name='io']I'm considerably older than you and except for one evening when I went to someone's house when I was in college and their kid brother had Sonic (the original, I think, though I'm not sure) I've never played ANY of these games in their original form.

Having said that, which would you guys recommend I pick up? There's no nostalgia factor in it for me, so I want the "best" game(s) of the bunch (maybe 2 of the 4).

I have played a few minuted of a few of these games on one of the Sonic collection discs (for the GC I think) and I found them to be frustrating and boring, for the most part. So maybe I shouldn't bother ;). Though my kids might want to play them and I have tons of MS points so that's why I'm asking for the 2 "best", I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 2 was my favorite game for the Genesis when I actually had a Genesis, and it's also the only game I purchased off of the Arcade before this sale happened, so I guess my vote is for that.

[quote name='hypertails02']Wait a sec...there are CAGers here that have neither seen nor played Sonic & Knuckles with the lock-on feature on the original cartridge?

On topic - I think I'll buy Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for nostalgia's sake.[/QUOTE]

Im 33 and saw the sonic and knuckles game but i never played it cause i hated sonic. i was too busy playing phantasy star :)

Bought Risk Factions. It's great!

A few things though..

If you achieve an objective in Custom Game, it makes you have to 'buy it' to 'keep playing' ... Well, I achieved one objective before even starting the game in my first game, so the screen popped up... heh.

Second custom game went great, convinced me to buy it. I made a decisively great move and achieved two objectives, it pops up again.. "Buy to keep playing or return to menu" it says. I buy it from there, and it still doesn't let me keep playing because they forgot to add a 'Continue' option. Oh well.

Then after exiting and coming back to the game, it still thinks it's a trial... so now I have to re-download it. Ugh.

Anyway, I own it and will be playing the heck out of it. Pretty neat game. Never got to play the board game much, nobody I knew liked it or the idea of it.

[quote name='io']
Actually, I have played a few minutes of a few of these games on one of the Sonic collection discs (for the GC I think) and I found them to be frustrating and boring, for the most part. So maybe I shouldn't bother ;). Though my kids might want to play them and I have tons of MS points so that's why I'm asking for the 2 "best", I guess.[/QUOTE]

The XBLA versions aren't too hard at all if you remember to take advantage of the save feature. Just save every level or so (or mid-level if you like) and reload your save if you screw up.

I recommend Sonic 2 as it's the most fun part of the series and 2-player. Then you could pick either Sonic & Knuckles, which is its own game and also opens up new areas in Sonic 2, or just get Sonic 3, which is a good game but not quite as fun IMO as Sonic 2.

[quote name='theironunkind']is there any reason to buy these sonic games if i already have the ultimate collection?
[/QUOTE]

The XBLA versions of Sonic 2 & 3 have online play. More importantly, the lock-on feature of Sonic & Knuckles works with Sonic 2 & 3, making Knuckles playable and opening up new areas in those games. That feature is absent from the disc version.

Couldnt resist buying Duke nukem otherwise i would have bit on the sonic sale. Rather have my funds go to support Duke nukem forever " I believe!" Than shitty sonic team.

when I was in elementary school, my grandmother got me a Sega Genesis, which I only ever owned 3 games for: Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, and Sonic 2. I remember finding Sonic 2 very hard, and I could never get past the point at which he uses the glider to get through that early stage.

Yesterday, I downloaded the demo to see if I wanted to take part of the sale, and I remembered why I don't like Sonic. I love exploring environments and appreciating every detail, collecting all the little things along the way. Sonic discourages this, or at least, begs you to accomplish this goal at a flighty speed.

No wonder I always played Mario.

LoveLost, my girlfriend and I both love your sig. We saw the episode together and thought it was funny, but seeing just that clip over and over is hilarious. Thank you.

On a more related note, I will be picking up all of my missing Sonic titles tomorrow. I also am yet to try Risk, though the trial is downloaded.

Also, we are sure now that Puzzle Quest 2 is on the 30th? Do we have a source?

[quote name='BrolyB593']
Also, we are sure now that Puzzle Quest 2 is on the 30th? Do we have a source?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read (including the Facebook update from the developers of the game itself), it's a definite go for 6/30/10. I can't wait!

The sonic hate, or atleast dislike, is crazy. On platforms inundated by mediocre sidescrolling games, sonic was one of the few games I had that was just awesome. I don't really remember them being that hard. I mean, all the games were hard then and I was a game genie junkie, atleast I don't think these were bug infested messes.

Well Sonic and Knuckles has dropped to 240. It shows as 240 on the dashboard but I believe 400 on the warning page. I accidentally clicked thru the warning page and bought it, but it only deducted 240 points - whew. Now for the rest to drop...

[quote name='bywaytm']Well Sonic and Knuckles has dropped to 240. It shows as 240 on the dashboard but I believe 400 on the warning page. I accidentally clicked thru the warning page and bought it, but it only deducted 240 points - whew. Now for the rest to drop...[/QUOTE]

Sonic 1 and 3 still show full price (400). Granted if you go to Buy, it only shows 240.

So is it correct that the Sonic games on the 360 have sound issues? I'd like to buy them, but not if the sound is completed whacked. What is the issue with the sound?

Bought 2 and 3 (already had 1) off the XBLM webpage - both show as 400, but when you click buy, the confirmation page shows 240.

However, S&K shows 400, and the confirmation page shows 400. I know someone said a page ago that even though it said 400 on the dashboard they bought it and it only charged 240, but I'm gonna wait to see if they fix this later today.

[quote name='crunchewy']So is it correct that the Sonic games on the 360 have sound issues? I'd like to buy them, but not if the sound is completed whacked. What is the issue with the sound?[/QUOTE]

Being "completely whacked" and "having issues" are not the same thing. I'm sure it's not perfect but nothing stood out for me (on Sonic 1) as glaring. I guess if you have every nuance of the game burned into your mind you'll notice little things here and there.

i was good at sonic games like 10 years ago, now i think i suck. i may pick up 1 and sonick and nuckles.

[quote name='io']I'm considerably older than you and except for one evening when I went to someone's house when I was in college and their kid brother had Sonic (the original, I think, though I'm not sure) I've never played ANY of these games in their original form.

Actually, I have played a few minutes of a few of these games on one of the Sonic collection discs (for the GC I think) and I found them to be frustrating and boring, for the most part. So maybe I shouldn't bother ;). Though my kids might want to play them and I have tons of MS points so that's why I'm asking for the 2 "best", I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'd go for Sonic 2, which IMHO is the best of the genesis Sonics, then get Sonic and Knuckles which had better levels (again IMO) than Sonic 3 and will also let you play as Knuckles in Sonic 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back