Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question being a new Xbox360 owner (just ordered my system last night)? Can I go onto the Live Marketplace through my PC and order some of these games? In other words, will they send me codes to enter on my Xbox360 once I receive my system?

Thanks. I'd hate to miss out on these great offers (I won't receive my system in time to take advantage of these deals otherwise).

so is today the last day for the gold-only deals, or are they still going on?
i just upgraded my account to gold again and shadow complex is still showing at 1200 points... hope i didn't miss the sale :

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Meh, my theory about people hating Splosion Man is that they fail miserably at the game and get frustrated. The game is quite challenging and the community revolves heavily around speed runs and replaying levels to get better and better at them.

Now plain "I don't think the game's for me, but it's pretty good I guess" opinions are respectable, but I don't see how a game that well made could be flat out hated for any kind of objective reason.[/QUOTE]

I think frustration is a perfectly valid reason for *hating* a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Frustration is not fun. If I was frustrated with a game, I'd likely say I hated it. Now if you say a game is "bad" because you personally have a problem playing it, perhaps then I'd see your point. But "liking" or "hating" a game is such a personal thing, that any reason can be valid.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have a question being a new Xbox360 owner (just ordered my system last night)? Can I go onto the Live Marketplace through my PC and order some of these games? In other words, will they send me codes to enter on my Xbox360 once I receive my system?

Thanks. I'd hate to miss out on these great offers (I won't receive my system in time to take advantage of these deals otherwise).[/QUOTE]

(sorry for the double post)
I'm pretty sure you can buy the stuff on Xbox.com. I'm not 100% sure as you dont currently have a 360 console ID associated with your gamertag, but hell, just try it out and let us know if it works for posterity.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have a question being a new Xbox360 owner (just ordered my system last night)? Can I go onto the Live Marketplace through my PC and order some of these games? In other words, will they send me codes to enter on my Xbox360 once I receive my system?

Thanks. I'd hate to miss out on these great offers (I won't receive my system in time to take advantage of these deals otherwise).[/QUOTE]They won't send you a code, it'll just add the purchase to your XBL account and then start downloading it after you attach your XBL account to your 360 and take it online.

EDIT: I bought Castle Crashers back in December through Xbox.com and my 360 hadn't even been taken out of the box yet. I set up my account on Xbox.com. Now that I think about it, I can't recall if I had to type in the console serial number or not when I set it up, though. So you might have to at least enter the S/N.

Thanks. I'd hate to miss out on these great offers (I won't receive my system in time to take advantage of these deals otherwise).[/QUOTE]

If you already and xbox live membership you can log on to xbox.com then hit marketplace and purchase whatever you like. It'll be added to your download queue, then when you recover your gamertag on your new system it should download them automatically. I would imagine it works the same if you have to make a new xbox live account online.

[quote name='Ship']If you already and xbox live membership you can log on to xbox.com then hit marketplace and purchase whatever you like. It'll be added to your download queue, then when you recover your gamertag on your new system it should download them automatically. I would imagine it works the same if you have to make a new xbox live account online.[/QUOTE]
Man, years ago, I remember it took frickin' forever to settle on an Xbox Live username. The majority of the names I tried were all taken. I absolutely hated those "username123" addendums.

[quote name='agentcoop007']OK got Splosion Man, now got to diside if i'm getting Trials HD today before the sale is done... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Can you get the trial version to see if you like it?

Anyone know an easy way to get a one month Gold code? I can't afford to get a full Gold membership till July but I want to pick up Shadow Complex and Splosion Man today while they are still on sale.

Just picked up my first 360, and am still trying to figure out everything...

[quote name='Jayrcee']When does the "Summer '09 Redux" DOTW sale end? Am I correct to assume at 12am est today?[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess. Although I'm not really sure. I would try to get it before that.

[quote name='mailman27']Anyone know an easy way to get a one month Gold code? I can't afford to get a full Gold membership till July but I want to pick up Shadow Complex and Splosion Man today while they are still on sale.

Just picked up my first 360, and am still trying to figure out everything...[/QUOTE]

Your new 360 should include a free month of Gold.

Picked up MTG, Banjo Tooie, and Bionic Commando. Anybody want to try persuading me on Alien Hominid? Played through the demo and can't make up my mind (partially as it's free to play online iirc).

[quote name='JStryke']Picked up MTG, Banjo Tooie, and Bionic Commando. Anybody want to try persuading me on Alien Hominid? Played through the demo and can't make up my mind (partially as it's free to play online iirc).[/QUOTE]

Alien Hominid is HARD, but the weird thing is that buying Alien Hominid & Castle Crashers unlocks the Alien Hominid character in Castle Crashers :)

Alien hominid for 400 points aka $5 is a steal. I paid $10 for it and I had alot of fun playing it, my ex gf and my cousin both enjoyed it as well. It's also got some dlc so it has replay value as well. Also, you can import that bee character into castle crashers so that's a bonus for you. It's got good gameplay, looks good and plays good. Overall, i'd definitely get it if I didn't have it already.

Magic: the Gathering is highly recommended for $5 (400 points), espcially if you've played the card game before.

[quote name='mailman27']Anyone know an easy way to get a one month Gold code? I can't afford to get a full Gold membership till July but I want to pick up Shadow Complex and Splosion Man today while they are still on sale.

Just picked up my first 360, and am still trying to figure out everything...[/QUOTE]
Can you select the option for one month of Gold for a dollar found under the spotlight menu of Xbox Live?

I know it saved my ass! But, yeah--another poster mentioned how you'll have to manually turn off auto-renewal afterward.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264741

[quote name='Jayrcee']When does the "Summer '09 Redux" DOTW sale end? Am I correct to assume at 12am est today?[/QUOTE]

The deals stay live till at least 12am PST officially. However, MS doesn't deactivate them/activate the new sale till roughly 11am EST on Monday. So if you are on the fence you still have plenty of time.

If you think about it, it happens whenever the person who does it comes in to work in their Seattle office.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Alien Hominid is HARD, but the weird thing is that buying Alien Hominid & Castle Crashers unlocks the Alien Hominid character in Castle Crashers :)[/QUOTE]Ya know, I was on the fence about AHHD because I already have it for GCN. But I forgot about the AH character in CC. So, yeah, sold.

Still trying to decide on Castlevania =/, already have it on PSP/PSN, but 400 seems like a good deal. Does it have any issues or anything?

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Banjo-Tooie looks like the only one I didn't get and interested in. Still need to finish the first one.

Any opinions?[/QUOTE]
It's never been on sale before, and to the best of my knowledge the first one hasn't been on sale ever. I think it's an amazing platformer (although I'm partial to the first for nostalgia reasons) and it's totally worth the 800 points.

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Banjo-Tooie looks like the only one I didn't get and interested in. Still need to finish the first one.

Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

it's never been on sale and I don't think even banjo kazooie has ever been on sale so i'd say buy banjo tooie while you can and not regret it later on because it'll cost you $5 more later on. you can buy it now and beat kazooie first then come back and start up and finish tooie so one you purchase it, you own it and can play whenever you want. I do recommend it as i've never seen it cheaper anywhere.

[quote name='basis']wow not much love for Panzer General... i think it's a fun (and cheap) statego clone with some MTG elements thrown in.[/QUOTE]

Problem is MTG is also on sale and is by far the superior card game.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']How exactly will Jenga work on an XBLA game o_O[/QUOTE]

How far you push the controller stick is how hard you pull the tile. Lame i know but thats how its gonna be.

I pretty much have been addicted to Splosion Man all week...it's amazingly frustrating at times, but it's definitely fun for such a "simple" platformer.

I was really looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed for sometime and decided to jump on this title as well...and ever since doing so, have regretted it. The controls leave a bit to be desired, not to mention the whole mechanics of the grappling hook. And come on, what the fuck is up with the hacking system...

I wish you could return titles within 24 hours of purchase :(

Decided to bite on TMNT, never having played it before, after my kids and I tried the demo. Fun multiplayer game and a great deal for 240 points ($3).

Bought:

Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Trails HD

So far Trials HD has been my favorite. It's very addicting and simple but also difficult.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I was really looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed for sometime and decided to jump on this title as well...and ever since doing so, have regretted it. The controls leave a bit to be desired, not to mention the whole mechanics of the grappling hook. And come on, what the fuck is up with the hacking system...

I wish you could return titles within 24 hours of purchase :([/QUOTE]

This. I had the exact same experience with BC:R, played for maybe an hour and was sorely disappointed. What a bust...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Seriously. I still haven't managed to successfully hack yet...[/QUOTE]

Did you read my FAQ? Hacking is seriously easy. You just need to learn what the objective of the minigame is. I also suggest using a different control type than the default setting. Seriously, read the guide, stick with the game, and you'll get past the learning curve.

I think I'm definitely going to get panzer general. I'm on the fence with Vandal Hearts, N+, and Crystal Defenders. Anyone care to sway me either way on any of them?

I found Bionic Commando only to be fun on the easiest setting and played co-op. The game is way to clunky and difficult to be enjoyed by yourself. Having another person to lighten up the mood while you die 3443543 times is much better.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think I'm definitely going to get panzer general. I'm on the fence with Vandal Hearts, N+, and Crystal Defenders. Anyone care to sway me either way on any of them?[/QUOTE]

Great call on Panzer General--superb XBLA game. I really recommend N+ if you're the type who loves to master a good challenge. It's a hard game, but an extremely rewarding experience (IMO). Tons and tons of gameplay too... probably one of the best values on XBLA. Crystal Defenders is a tough call.... I enjoyed it enough to get 200/200 on. It's basically an average tower defense game with FF aesthetics and tunes tacked on.

And Vandal Hearts? Well, I'm debating whether to pull the trigger on that myself...

[quote name='gtkilla']Do the DotW's end at 12 on the dot? I wanna get Trials before this sale ends![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't chance it, but they do tend to be up until 10 AM EST or so.

[quote name='JStryke']I wouldn't chance it, but they do tend to be up until 10 AM EST or so.[/QUOTE]

That's a relief...I still have time to get some points to get it now. xD I dunno why I decided last minute to do this though.:roll:

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']This. I had the exact same experience with BC:R, played for maybe an hour and was sorely disappointed. What a bust...[/QUOTE]

wow just wow, I loved the game. Not being able to jump took some getting used to but I loved it once I did.

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to bite on TMNT, never having played it before, after my kids and I tried the demo. Fun multiplayer game and a great deal for 240 points ($3).[/QUOTE]

Never played it before?! That game was in something like 95% of the arcades in the US back when it came out. I'll never get tired of it although Shredder is absolutely designed to cost you a fortune.

I just bought a brand new slim 360 a few days ago and also picked up 5,600 in points cards (I never got into the arcade games with my old 360 so figured now is the time to do so..) So far I have picked up TMNT, TMNT Turtles in Time, Contra, Castlevania SOTN and Marvel VS Capcom 2.. Still have 4100 points to spend.. Leaning towards picking up Trials hd, Banjo tooie and Shadow Complex. Any other ideas? I am open to pretty much anything outside of puzzle games (dont care for them too much) Also is there a RISK game on there? (my dad loved risk back on sega and playing it again would make his day)

BC rearmed definitely feels clunky, but kind of fun too. I don't like getting attacked by the trucks. I wish that part was twin stick, I hate running in the direction I want to shoot.

Guess I'll grab kingdom for keflings assuming I don't sleep through the end of the deal here, it was kind of fun, funny and cheap. Can't go wrong.

There was...something else I wanted to try. ZA maybe? I think. Again, if the deal is still going when I get on the 360. Great set of games though. Now I have limbo to look forward to, comic jumper...not sure what else. Didn't pay attention to too much of the e3 stuff actually.

[quote name='Halo05']Never played it before?! That game was in something like 95% of the arcades in the US back when it came out. I'll never get tired of it although Shredder is absolutely designed to cost you a fortune.[/QUOTE]
One reviewer suggested that since the game doesn't require the use of quarters, it sort of diminishes the element of frustration or satisfaction when playing. I imagine, what if Microsoft requires the equivalent of quarters in Microsoft Points to play? T'would be glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back