Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides being a fantastic game, Castlevania is an extremely easy 200/200 if you have played the game before or are good at those types of games.

Bought it yesterday afternoon, got my 200 this afternoon, easy as pie.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Thoughts on Uno Rush and Vandal Hearts, guys?[/QUOTE]
Vandal Hearts isn't like Shadow Complex good in terms of a deal, but if you have points that you want to use (and you're a hardcore fan), I would get it.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Thoughts on Uno Rush and Vandal Hearts, guys?[/QUOTE]
Blitzzzzzzz whats up

I think Uno rush is the same as the other uno I have never heard of Vandal Hearts

[quote name='Trojann']Blitzzzzzzz whats up

I think Uno rush is the same as the other uno I have never heard of Vandal Hearts[/QUOTE]

uno rush is much better, much more fast paced and fun. It's different enough to justify paying 400 points

Any one want to play later that I can add?

if you want to build up your game library and have games to keep you busy until the fall, this is the time to get them now. I have most of these except for N+, panzer general and banjoo tooie..........but I am purchasing them now to go along with the new 360 slim. Always makes it better to purchase anyways since more than 1 person will enjoy these games so it's all good.

Before, the only XBLA games I had were Perfect Dark and MvC2. Now I have Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Splosion Man, Geometry Wars: RE2, Castlevania: SOTN, BC: Rearmed, and Alien Hominid. I love these sales and usually miss out on them because I don't have the money. Now I do and it's all good. Wish Ikaruga was on sale for 400 pts cause I missed the last sale...

[quote name='Trojann']Blitzzzzzzz whats up

I think Uno rush is the same as the other uno I have never heard of Vandal Hearts[/QUOTE]

Lol hey dude. Didn't know you posted here :p I just started.

If anybody here has Silver and wants the Gold-only deals, you can get 1 month of Gold for $1 currently. I stupidly added my points to my (old) Silver account instead of my Gold account and so I had to upgrade it to get Shadow Complex for that price. Still worth it though.

wow not much love for Panzer General... i think it's a fun (and cheap) statego clone with some MTG elements thrown in.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Still debating on Vandal Hearts, mvc2, and bomberman.... Choices, choices...[/QUOTE]
MvC2 is roughly fifty-four percent off. I would get that in the very least, if you're contemplating on buying it in the future.

im kind of interested in marvel vs. capcom 2 but i havent played many fighting games at all and I'm worried about getting completely destroyed online. Anyone have any opinions?

[quote name='greenhornet9']im kind of interested in marvel vs. capcom 2 but i havent played many fighting games at all and I'm worried about getting completely destroyed online. Anyone have any opinions?[/QUOTE]
Play something more current and mainstream, start learning via forums, practice with people offline.

[quote name='sadboy']Play something more current and mainstream, start learning via forums, practice with people offline.[/QUOTE]

so should i not get it then and get a different fighter?

[quote name='basis']wow not much love for Panzer General... i think it's a fun (and cheap) statego clone with some MTG elements thrown in.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo and quickly got fed up with the pace of the game. Everything about the game behaves real s.........l.........o........w

I played Panzer General in the late 90's on my computer and this felt nothing like it. It had that MoG card feel to it which I dislike. It's not a bad game except for the pacing and the card aspect. If you don't mind those two things you'll like the game. Not worth 10 marketplace points to me because I played the demo once and the game gave me a headache.

Watched a trailer for Monkey Island 2 on Live and it listed a release date for July 7th at the end, so you can add that to the list. I'm totally in for that one, I love the series. Also, I grabbed Magic the Gathering this week on sale. I tried the card game about 10+ years ago with some friends and had no clue how to play after about an hour or two and gave up. This game, however, made it simple to get into, yet hard to master. I must say, I'm loving it, one of the best things I've DLed to date on the arcade. I'm completely hooked, spending like 20 hours on it already this week and still have quite a long way to go to 100%. I had to drop the cash on the expansions as well. The 3-4 player modes add another neat wrinkle to it as well. I recommend it to anyone interested. Completely took me by surprise.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I didnt think Splosion Man was as great as everyone keeps saying, it's alright I guess.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I thought it was pretty terrible.

[quote name='greenhornet9']so should i not get it then and get a different fighter?[/QUOTE]
Hahaha. I don't even even remember why I wrote that.

Anyway, I think if I were to extrapolate a response based on what I wrote:

As a CAG, get the game if you think it's worth the investment.

As a fighting game enthusiast, I recommend that you play another fighter to acquire a foundation.

That is all.

(bow)

[quote name='Revixe06']Eurogamer says Puzzle Quest 2 is set for June 23rd.

Also - confirmed 1200 points as well...but still no date on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]Not bad at all I had honestly feared worse. :)

My wife got me a 4000 point card last month for our anniversary and it is gone now because of this sale. Picked up Magic The Gathering, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Castle Crashers, Braid, and BC: Rearmed. Plus new JoCo song on RBN and the new ME2 Overload add-on.

I already had Shadow Complex, Marvel vs Capcon 2, and Spolision Man from the December Sale. Shadow Complex is by far the best XBLA game I have played.

Now I just need to find cash for some more points so I can get Risk: Fractions and the new DAO add-on next month.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']so I have 560 points left

Bought Castle Crashers
TMNT 1989 Arcade

which game is a must get ? 1 game or 2 games

list them please[/QUOTE]Just 2? Shadow Complex & Trials HD.

Picked up Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Panzer General, SoTN, Trials HD. Kinda regretting Splosion Man though, dont understand why the game got so much hype.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Picked up Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Panzer General, SoTN, Trials HD. Kinda regretting Splosion Man though, dont understand why the game got so much hype.[/QUOTE]

I personally loved the game. One of my favorite XBLA purchases.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Picked up Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Panzer General, SoTN, Trials HD. Kinda regretting Splosion Man though, dont understand why the game got so much hype.[/QUOTE]

Splosion man is a decent game, but after a few minutes you've basically seen all that there's to the game. The unforgiving timing as the game goes on also doesn't help to keep you going.

[quote name='dragonjud']Splosion man is a decent game, but after a few minutes you've basically seen all that there's to the game. The unforgiving timing as the game goes on also doesn't help to keep you going.[/QUOTE]

eh i loved the game myself

Meh, my theory about people hating Splosion Man is that they fail miserably at the game and get frustrated. The game is quite challenging and the community revolves heavily around speed runs and replaying levels to get better and better at them.

Now plain "I don't think the game's for me, but it's pretty good I guess" opinions are respectable, but I don't see how a game that well made could be flat out hated for any kind of objective reason.

So fortunate we are, to have trial versions.
Thought Zombie A would suck, but I had some fun with it. For $5, Why not?!?!
Also finally grabbed Castlevania. I remember selling my rare Black Label PS2 version of ebay for $50 a couple years ago.
I have a feeling it won't live up to my current expectations, but I'll probably have fun with it regardless.

Played Zombie Apocalypse.. what an addicting game!! I'm 40 points short.. crap.. anyone have a small points code (like 160) willing to trade for a female beatles avatar shirt?

Kinda off-topic, but there's a really good indie old-school rpg called "Breath of Death VII" that's only 80 pts ($1). Really recommend giving the demo a try.

I bought Trials HD,Castlevania and Contra from this sale. Before I already had the rest of the 09 summer games. I wish I would have waited on Shadow Complex. I'm tempted to get Super Contra even though it isn't on sale. Has it been on sale before or will it ever be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back