Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old titles that probably aren't selling well, mediocre titles that aren't selling well, and even one that was recently made free on the PC. This is how they squeeze every last drop of cash they can from you. As usual, great post from reddjoey.

[quote name='memex']I have TMNT reshelled and Trials HD. Will get Shadow Complex. Still not sold on splosion man though. Demo seemed ok but also seemed like it would get boring fast. It will probably end up like my lode runner which got insanely hard at the end and i just stopped playing.

Also, wondering about vandal hearts and bionic commando.

Too many good games, ahhh, can't decide. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I was the same way with the 'Splosion Man demo, but for 400 points its a steal! You will enjoy it at that price. I personally loved the demo of Bionic Commando: Re-armed so I got it for 400 points. If you even remotely liked the demo, I say go for it.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Trials HD or Marvel Vs Capcom 2? Anyone got an opinion?[/QUOTE]

Trials HD is fun but I will say it is the hardest game I have played since about the NES age.

[quote name='icehearted']Old titles that probably aren't selling well, mediocre titles that aren't selling well, and even one that was recently made free on the PC. This is how they squeeze every last drop of cash they can from you. As usual, great post from reddjoey. [/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers, Braid, Trials have been in the top downloaded XBLA games since their release dates. :applause:

[quote name='Mokilicious']What do you guys recommend for 800 points? Castle Crashers or Portal?[/QUOTE]
Save your points and get the Orange Box for $20, includes: Portal, HL2, HL2 Ep 1 & 2, and TF2.
http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Box-Xbox-360/dp/B000R0PLK2/

Castle Crashers is an alright game but there are many other better games in this sale for half the price.

[quote name='memex']Still not sold on splosion man though. Demo seemed ok but also seemed like it would get boring fast. It will probably end up like my lode runner which got insanely hard at the end and i just stopped playing.[/QUOTE]
If you don't already have N+ then get that instead of Splosion Man... it is infinitely better.

I purchased:
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Shadow Complex
TMNT: Turtles In Time: Reshelled
Trials HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed
TMNT: 1989 Arcade Game

I am very happy with all of these games and Trials is my favorite so far.

For any CKY/Jackass fans, Trials features the voices of Rake Yohn, Brandon Dicamillo, and Art Webb.

n e 1 know why you can't use your amazon balance to buy a 1,600 point card-the one they send you through email code

got $40 from trade ins and also a $20 promo code-

emailed them half hour ago n haven't heard back-

Thanks everyone! Guess I'll just pick up the Orange Box to play Portal. The only reason I want to play it is I got caught in the Portal 2 hype and want to play the first one :) .

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I hope The Maw goes on sale again. I missed it the first time (January?).[/QUOTE]

i think its gone onsale at least once more since christmas. I wouldnt hold my breath

Owned a lot of these already, but have picked up Vandal Hearts and Symphony of the Night (Have the PS1 disc still, but at this price...).

Still on the fence with Geometry Wars 2 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

I went ahead and picked these games up:

Alien Hominid HD
Banjo Tooie
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bomberman Live
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Contra
Crystal Defenders
N+
Panzer General
TMNT: 1989 Arcade
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

The rest of the games I picked up from prior sales and Portal I have as part of The Orange Box. I too will highly recommend that anybody interested in Portal pick up that collection instead. I still consider it one of the most incredible values in gaming.

[quote name='zeb06']yeah the inventory sale is on the dashboard now...it appears as if braid is not actually a part of this sale, oh well.[/quote]

nooooooooooooo!

sorry to ask again but does n e 1 know if you can use your amazon balance to buy a 1,600 point card-not a physical card but the one they send you through email-

ive been trying but it keeps asking me for a credit card-just wondering if anyone has done this before-

emailed them like 2-3 hours ago but yet nothing-i'd rather use some of the $60 credit i already have than pay $20.

thanx if anyone has any info.

Has Banjo Kazooie ever gone on sale? I picked up Banjo Tooie but figure I shouldn't play it yet 'cause of Kazooie's Stop 'N Swap feature. 1200 points for Kazooie is a lot to ask though.

[quote name='youenvy']sorry to ask again but does n e 1 know if you can use your amazon balance to buy a 1,600 point card-not a physical card but the one they send you through email-

ive been trying but it keeps asking me for a credit card-just wondering if anyone has done this before-

emailed them like 2-3 hours ago but yet nothing-i'd rather use some of the $60 credit i already have than pay $20.

thanx if anyone has any info.[/QUOTE]

If you mean amazon gift cards then i believe you can buy the digital xbox live cards but if you're talking about video game credit then no you can't.

[quote name='rapsodist']Has Banjo Kazooie ever gone on sale? I picked up Banjo Tooie but figure I shouldn't play it yet 'cause of Kazooie's Stop 'N Swap feature. 1200 points for Kazooie is a lot to ask though.[/QUOTE]

neither of them have gone on sale ever, so pick up banjoo tooie for 800 points while you can and if you want banjoo kazooie get it from the 360 code trading thread I know there's a guy selling codes for it for $10 and he's legit.

[quote name='youenvy']sorry to ask again but does n e 1 know if you can use your amazon balance to buy a 1,600 point card-not a physical card but the one they send you through email-

thanx if anyone has any info.[/QUOTE]

you have to put in your credit card information regardless, however upon checking out your balance shall reflect and it will not charge you anything. try it out, should work and it happened to me before and I figured that out on my own. hope it helps.

I've been waiting for the 16th since this list went up a little while ago, haha. I picked up:

Alien Hominid
Banjo Tooie
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Magic the Gathering

I've got a fair amount of the others already, but I'm on the fence about Vandal Hearts and Crystal Defenders. I'll mull it over for a couple of days.

[quote name='Driver121113']Is Castle Crashers worth it if I will only be playing it solo?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear, no...

I haven't bought it yet, though (have a friend trying to get me to...) but I just got DA:O and I'm considering some DLC instead. :(

But yeah, I hear coop with 4 people is a 'blast'. It supports 4 player same-screen, and custom soundtracks, though... Looks like it'd get repetitive pretty fast just being alone, despite the pretty weak RPG system it has going.

Ugh, I hate Arcade games. Bought Duke and Serious Sam and I've barely touched them! And Shadow Complex! :bomb:

[quote name='Driver121113']Is Castle Crashers worth it if I will only be playing it solo?[/QUOTE]
I think it would be, but I've only ever played it coop. It's like going through the TMNT, X-Men, or Simpsons arcade games solo. They're fun, but they're always more fun with friends.

It is definitely worth it. I played it originally solo and enjoyed it quite well. It's like an old school beat up game such as River City Ransom. Granted, my other playthrough were with others and I enjoyed it alot more. Castle Crashers is one of my favorite arcade games behind Braid.

I would say not really. Local co-op is fun, but playing alone can be annoying with constantly getting shot in the back with arrows.

[quote name='eastx']Bought Crystal Defenders and Banjo Tooie.

Does anyone else have Vandal Hearts impressions?[/QUOTE]

I played through almost all of Vandal Hearts. I love srpgs but I was pretty underwhelmed by VH. It was really pretty easy and there's not much you can really do to customize your characters. Also pretty short especially if you don't dig around to find the hidden maps. The final battle REALLY pissed me off so I haven't finished it yet. However, I did have some fun with it. Overall, a pretty lukewarm experience. It wasn't worth 1200 pts in my book, but it's definitely more palatable at 800.

Damnit!!!! I just bought Portal: Still Alive thinking it was an expansion to the Orange Box edition. I feel quite stupid at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm happy with finally getting a chance to play the challenge levels. I only have a laptop and won't be playing it on Steam anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paddlefoot']Damnit!!!! I just bought Portal: Still Alive thinking it was an expansion to the Orange Box edition. I feel quite stupid at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Research is always key, my friend. Luckily it's not like it's a shit game or anything. Play through it again and rekindle your love for some Portal. It does have SOME extra puzzles, so it's not a total loss.

[quote name='intoxicated662']neither of them have gone on sale ever, so pick up banjoo tooie for 800 points while you can and if you want banjoo kazooie get it from the 360 code trading thread I know there's a guy selling codes for it for $10 and he's legit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find this fellow you're talking about though...

[quote name='chimpster1313']Research is always key, my friend. Luckily it's not like it's a shit game or anything. Play through it again and rekindle your love for some Portal. It does have SOME extra puzzles, so it's not a total loss.[/QUOTE]
And a completely new set of achievements, if you're into that sort of thing.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Research is always key, my friend. Luckily it's not like it's a shit game or anything. Play through it again and rekindle your love for some Portal. It does have SOME extra puzzles, so it's not a total loss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for some reason I always thought Still Alive was an expansion. Then I checked to see how much it was on Steam and low and behold they don't even mention it because its just part of Portal.

I don't feel too bad. It was only 800 points and like you said it does have a few extra puzzles. I will enjoy my time. Besides I bought Castlevania SoTN a few years ago knowing it was the same game I played through on PSOne and PSP. Also picked up Re-shelled. Not sure what else I might get (if anything). Already own most of the decent games.

Part of me wants to save some of my points. You know, in case I lose my mind and decide to spend 2400 on Modern Warfare 2 Map Packs.

[quote name='robdees']I played through almost all of Vandal Hearts. I love srpgs but I was pretty underwhelmed by VH. It was really pretty easy and there's not much you can really do to customize your characters. Also pretty short especially if you don't dig around to find the hidden maps. The final battle REALLY pissed me off so I haven't finished it yet. However, I did have some fun with it. Overall, a pretty lukewarm experience. It wasn't worth 1200 pts in my book, but it's definitely more palatable at 800.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I shall have to think it over then. I might be better off saving the points for some of the Summer of Arcade stuff.

I could not wait for today! I ended up getting:
Braid (Couldn't resist even though it was not part of the deal! 800 is still better than 1200)
'Splosion Man
Bionic Commando: Re-Armed

I wanted to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but I don't know anyone personally who has it. I've also not really heard much about it period. Is this a good buy for 56% off?

can anyone recommend a kingdom for keflings played the demo and im on the fence

and magic the gathering can you build custom decks and is there head to head multiplayer

[quote name='kburns10']I could not wait for today! I ended up getting:
Braid (Couldn't resist even though it was not part of the deal! 800 is still better than 1200)
'Splosion Man
Bionic Commando: Re-Armed

I wanted to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but I don't know anyone personally who has it. I've also not really heard much about it period. Is this a good buy for 56% off?[/QUOTE]

MvsC2, in my eyes, is a classic. I bought it originally when it came out for the Dreamcast and still own my copy. It's definitely worth it at the price but be warned that online matches are filled with assholes who use infinite combos.

Picked up TMNT Arcade 1989.

I've already purchased pretty much everything that has been on sale before and don't have much interest in the rest for either reasons of extreme difficulty (Trials HD), poor reviews (Crystal Defenders, Vandal Hearts) or simple lack of interest (Castlevania, Bomberman Live) but what a great sale nonetheless! I'm always excited to check this thread to see what's coming up next!

As always, thanks reddjoey for the great job keeping up this thread.

[quote name='moretopride']can anyone recommend a kingdom for keflings played the demo and im on the fence

and magic the gathering can you build custom decks and is there head to head multiplayer[/QUOTE]

For MTG you can't build custom decks, but as you play you unlock better cards to include in the premade decks. Theres also over 10 decks to choose from plus 3 new decks per dlc. There's also a very active head to head community, theres always someone to play when you look for match.

Picked up Castlevania SOTN. On the fence for Castle Crashers. Seems it would be better to play with friends than by yourself. I thought I'd put a dent in my microsoft points this week but still have 2800. O Well theres always next week.

[quote name='Donnums']MvsC2, in my eyes, is a classic. I bought it originally when it came out for the Dreamcast and still own my copy. It's definitely worth it at the price but be warned that online matches are filled with assholes who use infinite combos.[/QUOTE]

yeah, unless you run into a really good Iron Man player, you really don't have to worry about getting infinte'd to death in Mvc2. Even still, how dare that asshole use a viable technique to win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back