Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend Magic the Gathering for anyone thats on the fence. Very addicting and like the only game I still play after completing all the achievements - TCGs just fit the casual pick up and play arcade setting so perfectly.

So I realize this was addressed in the second post, but whats the story on the 48hr codes? The one I have here very clearly says it entitles you to Gold only discounts. And alas, as it says in the 2nd post.. no dice.

"XBL 48hr trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions and video content."

bah.

[quote name='smoger']So I realize this was addressed in the second post, but whats the story on the 48hr codes? The one I have here very clearly says it entitles you to Gold only discounts. And alas, as it says in the 2nd post.. no dice.

"XBL 48hr trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions and video content."

bah.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome to try it, but it has not worked yet. Perhaps a misprint/oversight?

EDIT: Maybe MS changed the rules or use new codes. Your best best is to contact @XboxSupport on Twitter if you want an "official" answer

Last edited by a moderator:
Update to the post might come a bit late, so I went ahead and adjusted the title based on the current info. As usual the deals should go live around 11am. I won't be able to update till around 11:30am EST. Let's try to keep this thread on the front page to prevent 200 threads of, "X game is y points OMG!!"

Dang :(, i was hoping the prices would have shifted with the regular update. Whatever though, gives me a chance to run out and grab a MS point card

i thought a kingdom for keflings was fun for a few mindless hors of fun, maybe worth the 400 if your into those kind of games but try the demo first.

any other games worth the points?

Banjo-tooie is worth it IMO.

I'm also picking up Vandal Hearts but that isn't for everyone.

ReArmed! Get it for that price. Awesome title!

I'll likely pick up Crystal Defenders for that price.

There's very little outside of Braid that isn't worth the value of the dropped price. If anything, pick up demos of all of them and see if ya like them. Try before you buy is always awesome!

TMNT original is also worth 240pts. Avatar crap goes for more than that!

As of 8:30 EDT I am seeing the prices listed in the OP via xbox.com so I guess the deals are now live. Also note, I am a Silver member and can see the prices so the deals should be good for all. (I already have Braid though so I cant tell what price it is currently selling at).

[quote name='hostyl1']As of 8:30 EDT I am seeing the prices listed in the OP via xbox.com so I guess the deals are now live. Also note, I am a Silver member and can see the prices so the deals should be good for all. (I already have Braid though so I cant tell what price it is currently selling at).[/QUOTE]

Silver here also and not seeing those prices. Weird.

[quote name='hostyl1']As of 8:30 EDT I am seeing the prices listed in the OP via xbox.com so I guess the deals are now live. Also note, I am a Silver member and can see the prices so the deals should be good for all. (I already have Braid though so I cant tell what price it is currently selling at).[/QUOTE]

8:52 EST here and finding some games on sale like posted in the OP and some games still at full price. Bomberman and Crystal Defenders for instance were the 2 I randomly checked this morning. Just gotta wait till 11 am I guess.

Checked the prices before I left for work about 30 minutes ago and it seemed like most of the titles were still listed at full price.

Just got on and under the game marketplace header there is an Arcade Blowout clickable, and it has all the games at all the prices, so it should be live on your consoles now. I'm a gold member, btw. Also, nabbed Trials HD and Bomberman Live. Good sale.

[quote name='Draken Zero']I recommend Magic the Gathering for anyone thats on the fence. Very addicting and like the only game I still play after completing all the achievements - TCGs just fit the casual pick up and play arcade setting so perfectly.[/QUOTE]

warning-you might get a bit addicted.

[quote name='Kerig']Sounds like your son would have fared well in the NES era. I gave up on 'Splosion Man during the demo, knowing immediately how frustratingly difficult the game would be.

You should get him Trials HD if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]

He's just crazy to watch. Fearless. He's a huge Mario fan, having beat Sunshine when he was 5 and then Galaxy 100% (+ 100% w/Luigi) and then destroyed Galaxy 2 in a week @ 100%. Makes his gamer dad proud.

Well, I'm currently Silver and I just bought Bionic Commando: Rearmed for 400 points.

Edit: Ah, too slow! Anyway, I'm down to 720 points which is definitely an inconvenience.

Picked up Peggle last week during the sale. I had tried the demo before but couldn't understand why people are so addicted to this game, so I figured if I played more of the full game I could figure it out. Started playing full game, still didn't get it. Beat the first couple of level packs, still didn't get it. By the 7th or so level pack I finally got it! Great game, was well worth the 400pts.

Just grabbed Kingdom for Keflings. For 400pts it should make for a nice relaxing title.

I already have a lot of the games on sale this week and would recommend the following:
N+ (my favorite xbla title... if you're thinking about getting Splosion Man but don't have N+, get N+ instead)
Shadow Complex (if you like Metroid, get this)
Castlevania SOTN (again if you like Metroid, get this)
Banjo Tooie (I still like Banjo Kazooie better, but Banjo Tooie is great and has a lot of content)
Trials HD (warning: gets extremely difficult)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (warning: gets kinda difficult)

Yeah the inventory sale is on the dashboard now...it appears as if Braid is not actually a part of this sale, oh well.

[quote name='zeb06']Yeah the inventory sale is on the dashboard now...it appears as if Braid is not actually a part of this sale, oh well.[/QUOTE]

ah dang it. Braid was the other game I was going to get, but if it's not on sale then I can wait til I actually have the time to play it before buying

Pick up Shadow Complex if you haven't yet! Good Price.

I'm getting Magic the Gathering - missed out on it back in January but played the demo a bunch, love it, and have been patiently waiting for it to go on sale again!

Crystal Defenders will be mine as well. FF themed tower defense? What's not to like? Demo was fun too.

Anyone know if Bomberman has active online? I'd like to get it but would be dissappointed if online was dead. Actually would still have fun with it local multiplayer, though.

I've heard mixed things about Vandal Hearts. Anyone want to discourage me from buying it? I loved the first one on PS1 (played it when it came out), and hated the second one.

(I am not exaggerating when I say love/hate. Vandal Hearts was one of my favorite PS1 games because of its simplicity and addicting gameplay, whereas Vandal Hearts II was in my opinion terrible, from its misguided gameplay alterations to its incredibly boring and needlessly complicated story.)

[quote name='illennium']I've heard mixed things about Vandal Hearts. Anyone want to discourage me from buying it? I loved the first one on PS1 (played it when it came out), and hated the second one.

(I am not exaggerating when I say love/hate. Vandal Hearts was one of my favorite PS1 games because of its simplicity and addicting gameplay, whereas Vandal Hearts II was in my opinion terrible, from its misguided gameplay alterations to its incredibly boring and needlessly complicated story.)[/QUOTE]

It's definitely better than VH2, which I feel exactly the same way you do about it, just a complete slap in the face to those who loved VH1 like we did.

Now it's nowhere near as great as VH1, but in my mind, it's still worth a download at 800 points, not at 1200, but 800 I can live with.

[quote name='Jay']Can't decide between magic the gathering and castlevania SOTN.[/QUOTE]

If you've never played Castlevania SOTN, then you HAVE to get that. No question.

[quote name='destro4eva']It's definitely better than VH2, which I feel exactly the same way you do about it, just a complete slap in the face to those who loved VH1 like we did.

Now it's nowhere near as great as VH1, but in my mind, it's still worth a download at 800 points, not at 1200, but 800 I can live with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Sounds like we're in the same boat in terms of VH1/VH2, so I'll give this new one a try for 800 points.

[quote name='illennium']Thanks! Sounds like we're in the same boat in terms of VH1/VH2, so I'll give this new one a try for 800 points.[/QUOTE]

It truly kills me that they never continued this game series, I mean it would work great on the DS, PSP, Live, etc. Maybe it just didn't sell well, I don't know, but man I must have beat the 1st one like 5 times. One of those PS1 games I will never sell, like Twisted Metal 2 and Brigandine (now THERE'S a game that needs to be done!!)

[quote name='shosh']does zombie apocalypse have a good online community?[/QUOTE]

ZA gets very boring real quick. I played a few times online and people dont stay in games very long.

[quote name='destro4eva']It truly kills me that they never continued this game series, I mean it would work great on the DS, PSP, Live, etc. Maybe it just didn't sell well, I don't know, but man I must have beat the 1st one like 5 times. One of those PS1 games I will never sell, like Twisted Metal 2 and Brigandine (now THERE'S a game that needs to be done!!)[/QUOTE]

I was so disgusted after the second one, that I'm kind of glad they took some time off from the series. Although now that I think about it, it's been about 10 years! I am in the same boat re: Vandal Hearts 1. That one is never leaving my collection. It was the second PS1 game that I completed, after Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (still my favorite in that series as well!).

Ok any thoughts on Crystal Defenders? I love Defense Grid but the art in Crystal Defenders isn't my style. Is the gameplay good that I can ignore the art?

[quote name='Shimmerz'] ZA gets very boring real quick. I played a few times online and people dont stay in games very long.[/QUOTE]

i second that played zombie apo for 2-3 days n never touched it again

getting shadow complex-trials-and explosion man-1,520 points

bout $6.50 a game not bad

[quote name='squishface']hmm tempted to get the turtles in time reshelled[/QUOTE]

yeah so i was i but i have the xbl old shool turtles arcade game n it was ok not as great as i remembered it-loved the arcade game as a kid-but not much now

so i thought this might be better so i youtubed it reviews and all and most people didn't seem to like it.

thats why i have trouble buying old school games cuz im not sure if their good or they were just good for their time and thats why i remember them fondly.

[quote name='crunchewy']Anyone know if Bomberman has active online? I'd like to get it but would be dissappointed if online was dead. Actually would still have fun with it local multiplayer, though.[/QUOTE]

Some people still play it, but as I've said before, the sequel, Bomberman Live Battlefest comes out this year. At that point, nobody will be playing the original.

These sales have been amazing lately. I got Trials HD, 'Splosion Man, Symphony of the Night, Alien Hominid HD, Contra, N+, and TMNT 1989. Plus I got Earthworm Jim HD last week. I do love xbla games. Oh, and Symphony of the Night for $5 is one of the best deals ever, everybody needs to get it.

Bought Zombie Apocalypse during zombie week, beat it within 24 hrs, its fun, described as Left 4 Dead + Smash TV = ZA

In for Turtles in Time, Contra and Castle Crashers. Looks like I'll have happy distractions in between grinding sessions of GOW, GOW2, Soul Calibur IV and others. :)

I have TMNT reshelled and Trials HD. Will get Shadow Complex. Still not sold on splosion man though. Demo seemed ok but also seemed like it would get boring fast. It will probably end up like my lode runner which got insanely hard at the end and i just stopped playing.

Also, wondering about vandal hearts and bionic commando.

Too many good games, ahhh, can't decide. :wall:

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Trials HD or Marvel Vs Capcom 2? Anyone got an opinion?[/QUOTE]

Trials is awesome. Gets insanely hard to the point where you just want to throw the controller, but still a great game. MvC2 is also awesome but I enjoy Trials more.

[quote name='memex']Trials is awesome. Gets insanely hard to the point where you just want to throw the controller, but still a great game. [/QUOTE]

Hmm, I have enough points to get Trials HD, but I don't think I have enough money for a new controller in my budget. DECISIONS!!

[quote name='Mokilicious']What do you guys recommend for 800 points? Castle Crashers or Portal?[/QUOTE]

hmmmm... tough call.
It depends how many people are playing on your XBox, probably.
If you are primarily a 1-person outfit, then Portal is best.
If you have up to 4 people playing regularly, then Castle Crashers is best.

The demo for Castle Crashers should give you a strong idea of what it's about - a level-up, find weapons beat-em-up with cartoony/juvenile humor.
Portal is more unique of game, but it is mostly available in the Orange Box, if you can get that for cheap you should have that entire package instead of Portal seperate for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back