Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of MvC2, I can't stand all the losers who bail on a match. You're going to lose, stick around for it. Take your ass kicking like a man.

That and when they leave before you to go the character select screen. Then you get stuck at the white screen of death.

Is MvC2 a good port? And does anyone have any opinions on A Kingdom for Keflings, Zombie Apocalypse, Crystal Defenders and Panzer General?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']yeah, unless you run into a really good Iron Man player, you really don't have to worry about getting infinte'd to death in Mvc2. Even still, how dare that asshole use a viable technique to win!!![/QUOTE]

Oh, don't get me wrong I love a good fight. It's why I've put in 45+ hours so far into Super SF4 and 7,000+ matches in HD Remix. Getting stuck in an inescapable infinite loop is just ridiculous though. Looks cool the first few times though!

[quote name='Unrealevil']Is MvC2 a good port? And does anyone have any opinions on A Kingdom for Keflings, Zombie Apocalypse, Crystal Defenders and Panzer General?[/QUOTE]

i own A Kingdom for Keflings, Zombie Apocalypse, and Panzer General
keflings is great, za is good but repetitive, a scaled down left4dead clone, panzer is very cool card/strategy game!! good deals for those!

400 points left and stuck between Castlevania and Splosion man...

I knew I should have bought (at least) 2 4000pt cards from dell back when they were 35 =/

[quote name='Dro43X']400 points left and stuck between Castlevania and Splosion man...

I knew I should have bought (at least) 2 4000pt cards from dell back when they were 35 =/[/QUOTE]
I'm debating purchasing Castlevania too, but let me put your fears to rest on Splosion Man: this is an excellent game and is easily worth 400 points. If you have friends to play multiplayer with, it is even better!

Thanks OP, bit on Contra. Agh, my beloved classic. It never gets old. The up up down down left right left right code even works! My youth lives on!

Went with Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Trial HD. Thinking about tossing on a few more points to get Marvel Vs Capcom 2, though the fact I didn't play it back in yesteryear makes me wonder if I could catch up. I did play a lot of SF2 and all its iterations...

Thanks, OP. I had 240 MS points left on my account, so I bit on TMNT 1989 Arcade. I used to love that game when I was a kid. I kinda wanted Contra, but the NES version is a lot better.

Bought Castlevania, Braid and Castle crashers.

Got the demo for N+, Bionic Rearmed, TMNT 1989, Alien Hominid and a kingdom for keflings., will try them later.

Already own splosion man, shadow complex and geo wars evolved.

Meant to go back to watching a show but I had to try some castlevania even though I've beaten it like 3 times on my ps1. As soon as I heard the intro music I was hooked. It was great, until it froze on me. Atleast I only lost like 10 minutes, but that's still not awesome to see with only like 60~ minutes in the game so far.

All told, at the end of this sale I've gotten:

Trials HD
Bomberman Live
Uno Rush
Castlevania: SotN (based solely on the I've never played it and know I need to notion)
N+ (based on the immeasurable amount of recommendations on this thread)
Shadow Complex

Great sale.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I didnt think Splosion Man was as great as everyone keeps saying, it's alright I guess.[/QUOTE]

It might be a little overrated, but I'd say it's worth it for $5. Probably not more than that though. To me anyways, it's a decent game to kill half an hour or so at a time. Not the type of game for long playings at a time however.

Would someone be so kind to point me in the direction of a good deal on a point card?

Also, how is Bionic Commando Rearmed? I absolutely loved the style of Shadow Complex and this looks like it's in the same vein.

Bionic Commando Rearmed is utterly fantastic. Unlike Shadow Complex and SOTN, though, there are individual levels that you access from an overhead map. But like those games, you do gain new abilities and revisit old areas to get new stuff. And look, this awesome EastX guy wrote a super in-depth strategy guide for it.

I bought Trials HD and Contra. Only got Contra since it was so cheap. I've got the rest I want out of it except Castlevania. Can't make up my mind about that one.

SOTN has way more content than either of those two and is an absolute classic. The castle is vast, the story is interesting, and the music is beautiful. What better way to prepare for the new Castlevania that comes out on XBLA in a month or two? Did I mention I wrote the FAQ/Achievement Guide for it too? ;)

Alien Hominid is a cool game for Metal Slug/Contra fans. Great art and sense of humor (it's from the Castle Crashers developers). It's incredibly hard and lacks online play though. N+... Well, if ya like short and hard levels, it's a blast.

shadow com-560
trials-560
splosion man-400
the impossible game-80-not a bad game

1,600 points-not bad--

was thinking of getting apple jack-or something something squirrel-both were 80 points each-under ign top indie games-something to do with those 80 points.

[quote name='polo14player']i own A Kingdom for Keflings, Zombie Apocalypse, and Panzer General
keflings is great, za is good but repetitive, a scaled down left4dead clone, panzer is very cool card/strategy game!! good deals for those![/QUOTE]
Thanks. :D

ZA kinda looks like Burn Zombie Burn.

I looked up Crystal Defenders; it got bad reviews all around.

Don't be too hard on Crystal Defenders. While it may not have been a steal at $10, it's not bad for $5. It's definitely a competent tower defense game, and the Final Fantasy characters are nice. Shame it doesn't have more music though.

I'm getting a 360 next week and I wanted to pick up Shadow Complex and Splosion man. I'm going to get LIVE gold but have to wait till the end of the month when I get paid. Is there any way for me to get one month of Gold on the cheap so I don't miss this week's sales?

[quote name='moretopride']if you buy an indie game can you play it while not connected to live i know demos dont work offline[/QUOTE]

none of my indie games work offline... i was very disappointed to find this out when I lost internet a couple weeks ago. actually, nothing really works, none of the southpark shows I bought, none of the arcade games, except I think Splosion Man works and a few others.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']none of my indie games work offline... i was very disappointed to find this out when I lost internet a couple weeks ago. actually, nothing really works, none of the southpark shows I bought, none of the arcade games, except I think Splosion Man works and a few others.[/QUOTE]

Indie games do not work offline because they are not rated by the ESRB hence the "Game experience may change during online play" warning.

As for the rest, DLC/Movies/etc typically do not work offline if you've gotten a new 360. The content is tied to your gamertag AND your console's serial number. You can use the DLC online just fine but to be able to use it offline, you'll have to do a License Migration.

[quote name='Rhett']Ugh, I hate Arcade games. Bought Duke and Serious Sam and I've barely touched them! And Shadow Complex! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Funny. I'm just the opposite. I've come to love Arcade games so much I've stopped playing my regular (disk) games, except for my guitar simulators of course. I've bought 13 Arcade games (all on sale except one) and 3 add-ons in the last 6 months for a total of about $85. Meanwhile, games like L4D2 and MW2 just sit there. Maybe I'm backwards.

Trials HD - Yes, it's hard. But not impossible. Don't let the difficulty of the last 5 or so tracks discourage you from getting a great game at a great price. I'm no gaming savant yet I've completed all the tracks (might have a hundred faults but still). The ability to watch replays of the top 5,000 runs on each track provides great motiviation (not that you can do what they do).

New purchases through this sale: Keflings, Panzer General (steep learning curve but worth it)

[quote name='Donnums']Indie games do not work offline because they are not rated by the ESRB hence the "Game experience may change during online play" warning.

As for the rest, DLC/Movies/etc typically do not work offline if you've gotten a new 360. The content is tied to your gamertag AND your console's serial number. You can use the DLC online just fine but to be able to use it offline, you'll have to do a License Migration.[/QUOTE]

ahhh... yeah, I got a new Xbox a few months back, how do I do a License Migration? never even heard of this

[quote name='eastx']Don't be too hard on Crystal Defenders. While it may not have been a steal at $10, it's not bad for $5. It's definitely a competent tower defense game, and the Final Fantasy characters are nice. Shame it doesn't have more music though.[/QUOTE]
There are plenty of good tower defense games on all platforms right now, so when I have to choose between ten games during this sale and it has universally bad reviews, I have to exclude it. :p

[quote name='probin74243']except for my guitar simulators of course[/QUOTE]
That's one way to describe them...

[quote name='polo14player']vandal hearts????[/QUOTE]

Don't get too excited. I love the PS1 Vandal Hearts games but the XBLA demo seemed to lack all charm. It might get better but I'd rather play through FFT or the original VH games again.

crystal defenders is worth it for $5 and vandal hearts I loved it and I was never heavily into the franchise but I am getting more into it now so i'd say it is worth a purchase.

[quote name='Rave Child']I've been waiting for the 16th since this list went up a little while ago, haha. I picked up:

Alien Hominid
Banjo Tooie
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Magic the Gathering

I've got a fair amount of the others already, but I'm on the fence about Vandal Hearts and Crystal Defenders. I'll mull it over for a couple of days.[/QUOTE]
I just bought Crystal Defenders, but I think I'll skip Vandal Hearts. I have enough other cheap decent SRPGs in my backlog for now. Hopefully I'll get some quality play time in this weekend for some of these!

[quote name='squishface']i tried getting tmnt reshelled and it showed up at 800 points last night. Thought it was on sale ?[/QUOTE]

It's showing up at 400 for me at the moment. Make sure you're logged in on your gold account.

[quote name='Halo05']Don't get too excited. I love the PS1 Vandal Hearts games but the XBLA demo seemed to lack all charm. It might get better but I'd rather play through FFT or the original VH games again.[/QUOTE]

Awww. That's mean.

I really enjoyed what I played of Vandal Hearts. I got distracted not long after it was released so I never got around to finishing it.

Then again, I also enjoyed Crystal Defenders (but it is pretty bare... but it was only $10 and not $15-20 like many others tend to charge now).

Picked up the games on sale I didn't already have. Don't really think there is a huge miss in the bunch, personally. Been waiting to pay less than $20 for Banjo-Tooie.

I've been having a blast with Splosion Man...more so than I figured I would.

Bionic Commando Rearmed on the other hand...not so much. I HATE...LOATHE the controls, especially how touchy the grappling hook can be. I'm sure once I get the timing down it will be better, but so far I've quit the game several times because of the frustration.

Now to decide if I need Trials HD as well..

It could just be a matter of getting used to the controls. Haven't bought the game yet, but I remember having a difficult time getting started during the demo.

Loaded my card with $6 (since I heard they charge tax when you buy MS points on their website), got charged $5.80, and got 400 points :D

Today bought Castlevania and bought MvC2 the other day, ahhh sales are so exciting! Soon as I find a couple more bucks I'm definitely getting Alien Hominid and Splosion Man :D

recovered my gamertag at my friends house n
bought splosion man-trials-and shadow com-the impossible game

he got to get a copy to stay in his xbox-and i just got home recovered my gamertag and downladed the games i had alreay purchased at his house-
so he got copies of all the games i bought-

only down side is that he can't play the games on line -and i have to be on line to play mine-as i have to be signed in-
but i really don't care-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back