Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to grab Shadow Complex and Trials HD, but I think I'm gonna get 'Splosion Man too. I still have to decide. Either way, I'm definitely going to take advantage of some awesome deals!

picked up TrialsHD. On the fence on Turtles in Time... is it worth the 5 dollars?

As for Splosion Man, yes the difficulty ramps up but they are very doable. I loved the game. Speaking of which, if any is up for doing the multiplayer game and acheivements (cakes), hit me.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']The only problem with Splosion Man is that it gets incredibly hard in that you have to plan dozens of jumps in advance. It's lots of fun at first with great humor, but the difficulty spike can be a bit crazy at times.[/QUOTE]

My 8yo son beat it. It's one of his favorite games on the 360.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So I recall it being discussed in the last version of this thread, but have we gotten any actual confirmations for the 23rd and Risk Factions / Puzzle Quest 2?

I have found this

http://www.ea.com/games/risk-factions

Where is says 'Ships 06/23' so I would imagine that means put on Live?[/QUOTE]

I am just quoting myself to repeat the question because there are no answers! haha

*Edit* I just saw the change in the OP that threw Risk Factions in on the 23rd. I highly doubt that we will get 3 releases on a single day so perhaps puzzle quest will be on the 30th.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Having to perfectly time jumps and 'splodes together is very challenging, and we've largely given up on the game. I still will play a single-player level now and again, but the difficulty ramp is a little too high, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='daminion']My 8yo son beat it. It's one of his favorite games on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your son would have fared well in the NES era. I gave up on 'Splosion Man during the demo, knowing immediately how frustratingly difficult the game would be.

You should get him Trials HD if you haven't already.

[quote name='limelight022']I always look forward to this thread for some reason, its so much fun getting xbla games for cheap![/QUOTE]
I do the same too, it's so exciting to look forward to them.

I already got MvC2, gonna return a few thing at GS to get a 1600 points card then put the rest to Halo Reach or MGS Rising or Crysis 2 or something.

Need to get Castlevania, Castle Crashers, and 'Splosion Man.

Spamming the boards with this, sorry

NEW Summer of Arcade

This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft). The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry.

Getting Shadow Complex and Castlevania. I bought Worms last week, but that announcer is so obnoxious. is there anyway to turn it off, or am I just going to have to turn the sound off completely and listen to something else?

Wow...awesome deals this week. I got all those games on sale back a couple of months back. Great deals.

Can't wait for next week. Definietely getting Alien Hominid. Where' the Metal Slug love though? :(

[quote name='Thrinn']Contra reviews I'd rather have the NES version personally.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The arcade version is a bit floaty and for most people, lacks the nostalgia of the NES port. Odd that the technically inferior version is more playable but there it is.

I thought I read somewhere where Braid was dropping to 400 points. Did anyone else see this somewhere, or is my brain just hoping for thins that won't happen?

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong I want to buy shadow complex but it's showing up as 1200 pts when does this go live?

[quote name='bredbu']I don't understand what I'm doing wrong I want to buy shadow complex but it's showing up as 1200 pts when does this go live?[/QUOTE]

Are you signed in and a gold (not silver) member?

So glad i checked this thread... Even happier I somehow have 970 MS points left over. Picking up Trials and Splosion man which I've been eying forever.. Probably going to get a 1600 point card after some trades at EB tomorrow and snag some other titles as well. Thanks OP!

Got Shadow Complex and Splosion Man.

Tried the Trials HD trial and wasn't really feeling it. Vehicles in general have never been my thing, and I don't like the side camera angle.

Got Shadow Complex and Trials HD
Already have splosion man - great game.

What about the deals on the 16th? Thinking about getting mtg planeswalkers or whatever, anything else worth while?

Ugh, completely slipped my mind these deals are Gold only. Shadow Complex seemed like an absolute steal for that price.

Man O_O, that camera angle on Castlevania is gonna be hard to get used to. (I pray it isnt THAT zoomed out, or its gonna take alot of squinting to play some of those huge bosses)

Gonna be an epic summer though, only game i dont have much interest in is Limbo. Gonna insta-buy Castlevania and Monday Night Combat

It's hard to get excited about this years summer of arcade lineup. Castlevania interests me, but it looks pretty terrible. I hope that's just poor video quality...

I bought Splosion Man and glad I did. That game is crazy fun. :)

I then went to buy Alien Hominid and to my surprise it said I had already bought the game which I never recall doing because I found the game too difficult but since it said I had purchased it I downloaded the game. I can't figure out how I was gifted a free game. :whistle2:?

I look forward to Limbo. I agree Castlevania's view is way too far back; That could be a deal breaker for me. Tomb Raider looks like it would be fun for the multiplayer. The other two games I could care less about.

I thought zooming in castlevania was an optional thing. Not sure if it's as you explored you could go out or just from the start. It's co-op and features an almost roguelike experience. You have a time limit to find and kill the boss, fail by either dieing or running out of time, and you have to restart it. It seems like there isn't experience or levels but you do gain money/items and that stuff all stays between replaying the level(not sure if it's persistent though).

I thought I read this on ign, so check their site for a hands on preview.

[quote name='lordopus99']I look forward to Limbo. I agree Castlevania's view is way too far back; That could be a deal breaker for me. Tomb Raider looks like it would be fun for the multiplayer. The other two games I could care less about.[/QUOTE]
That's probably me to a tee... Limbo? Yes. Castlevania? If the view is optional.

Not sure about Tomb Raider. I do not like what SE has done to such a historic franchise/character within there first year of owning the rights so I sort of hate to support it. At the same time supporting it will probably do the franchise more good than not. (and they talk of a full retail game too and not just this XBLA game.)

Hydro Thunder; loved the DC version. If the demo is solid and the price is right I'll bite.

Monday Night Combat; Likely the same as HT...

So, if the pricing is right, the demos play well, and MS puts on a good promotion I could see myself buying all of them during the summer.

I'm in for Shadow Complex, the demo was really cool. I'm iffy on Splosion Man... the demo is very fun, but it seems like it could get repetitive, and if it's as difficult as people say it is, I might opt for another 400 pt. game out there. Any suggestions?

[quote name='sippycupz']I'm in for Shadow Complex, the demo was really cool. I'm iffy on Splosion Man... the demo is very fun, but it seems like it could get repetitive, and if it's as difficult as people say it is, I might opt for another 400 pt. game out there. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Just buy Splosion Man, it's only 400 pts...One of the best games in this sale. They keep things pretty interesting as you go, and there are 50 single player and 50 multiplayer levels. The last boss/ending is worth the $5 just by itself.

Plus, there will be free DLC for Splosion Man in Comic Jumper.

What happens on the 16th exactly? A one-day sale?

Edit: I think I get it... June 16th-22nd has games X while the week of June 14th has games Y and they just so happen to coincide with each other...

Going to go for Alien Hominid and Banjo Tooie, been waiting for those

Looks like I need to add new questions to the FAQ

EDIT: I adjust the dates to address the confusion of overlapping sales

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back