Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For far I got the 2 COD MW2 map packs and Dead Rising Case 0. Only 800 more points to go. Possibly will drop those next week on the Mass Effect 2 DLC.

[quote name='Cephiros']That kinda sucks, I was hoping for Deathspank to be on sale. That's what I voted on.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm hoping the final week of the month will be a "We love everyone" sale, and that all the other voted stuff will be cheap.

But I'm not holding my breath. :cry:

Hell yes. I remember wasting hours on the X-men game. And the Simpsons...and the TMNT game. Ah...miss being a kid, no worries, no stress, just having fun and getting in trouble. I really hope it isn't 1200 points though. XD

I dont know, brawlers/beat-em ups seem to not hold up in today's gaming world. Especially with unlimited continues, the games are basically just about 30min of fun...and then what?

That being said, I'd have rather seen The Simpsons ;)

[quote name='pcktlnt']Hell yes. I remember wasting hours on the X-men game. And the Simpsons...and the TMNT game. Ah...miss being a kid, no worries, no stress, just having fun and getting in trouble. I really hope it isn't 1200 points though. XD[/QUOTE]

Same here! Loved the X-Men game, and also the Simpsons. Now let's hope they're fair about it and only charge 800 Points instead of the almost standard 1200.

Played the game so much at a YMCA here that by the time i stopped going there, me and the other kids could beat it and barely spend a quarter or two ^_^.

Colossus ftw.

But i kinda agree i was hoping for Simpsons more, last time i saw an arcade machine for that was almost 2 years ago, and it was 2 states away

[quote name='hostyl1']I dont know, brawlers/beat-em ups seem to not hold up in today's gaming world. Especially with unlimited continues, the games are basically just about 30min of fun...and then what?

That being said, I'd have rather seen The Simpsons ;)[/QUOTE]

this is totally true. everytime a retro title comes out that i have a soft spot for, it doesnt hold up. but its x-men!!! and to spend $10 and have this game around "forever" isnt too bad a deal. fingers crossed for 800 MSP

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Same here! Loved the X-Men game, and also the Simpsons. Now let's hope they're fair about it and only charge 800 Points instead of the almost standard 1200.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought it'd be only 800 points for sure since it's just a port. Then again, Marvel vs Capcom 2 was just a port and that cost 1200. X_X Granted the demand was much higher for that game.

I'd like to see The Simpsons too, but ever since they started porting arcades, X-Men has been #1 on my list of want...as long as it was going to be six-player multiplayer and widescreen (the old deluxe version of the arcade had six joysticks, and a 8:3 screen comprised of two TV screens butted together). And thankfully, from that video, it looks like they'll be doing just that. Whether the aspect ratio is going to be 8:3 (16:6) or 16:9 is still unclear...but I'll be happy with either one.

Welcome to die!

Wow, that is great news. I was just looking through all the arcade titles last night trying to find about 1000 worth of stuff to push me over for the 2400 rebate offer and I said to myself after seeing the TMNT arcade game, that I wished they had x-men as that was my all time favorite arcade game. The icing on the cake would be if they released it this month (although i know thats a long shot)......then even if they priced it at 1200 pts, i wouldn't be talking myself out of buying it since i would still be getting it about 33% off after the rebate. I have a hard time spending 1200 pts on arcade titles, as I know they will go on sale within a few months for either 560 or 800 pts. I tend to wait till they go for 560 pts, and by being patient, I've picked up Trials, shadow complex, mvc2, bf1943. I did cave in and pick up Toy soldiers this month, but only because with the rebate offer, it would be like picking it up for about 530 pts.

I was thinking about picking up the ME 2 dlc (Overlord & Kasumi's Stolen Memory) while it's on sale, but it seems like the general consensus here that only Shadow broker is worth the pts. I haven't played ME2 yet, but I enjoyed the demo and with the new $20 msrp, I thought i would pick it up with toys r us buy 2 g 1 free sale. So I'll probably just pick up the Trials big pack dlc (400pts), toy soldiers invasion (400pts), and the 4 defense grid map packs (4x80=320) and this would be enough to get the rebate for me.

I trying to think of stuff to get for the 2400 and I saw my MUA2 sitting with my games. I know they put it back up for a little bit, but is it really even worth it still/how much is it?

Is there really any point in even getting the DLC's for Modern Warfare 2 anymore???
With Halo Reach out, and Black Ops looming on November's horizon, you certainly won't get your money's worth if you spend 800 MS points on that...

[quote name='Anythingoo1']Is there really any point in even getting the DLC's for Modern Warfare 2 anymore???
With Halo Reach out, and Black Ops looming on November's horizon, you certainly won't get your money's worth if you spend 800 MS points on that...[/QUOTE]

It's 1200 points for the pair. ;)

It's not like MW2 multiplayer is going to cease to exist once Black Ops comes out. MW1 didn't seem to suffer too much when W@W hit. Instead of having 100,000+ people to play against in MW2, you'll only have 50,000 to play against.

I finally got around to playing the original Rainbow Six Vegas a few weeks ago. Even though the sequel's been out for years now I didn't have any problems finding an online game in the original.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I'd like to see The Simpsons too, but ever since they started porting arcades, X-Men has been #1 on my list of want...as long as it was going to be six-player multiplayer and widescreen (the old deluxe version of the arcade had six joysticks, and a 8:3 screen comprised of two TV screens butted together). And thankfully, from that video, it looks like they'll be doing just that. Whether the aspect ratio is going to be 8:3 (16:6) or 16:9 is still unclear...but I'll be happy with either one.

Welcome to die![/QUOTE]
I cannot agree more! Man I remember Pizza Hut parties playing on the arcade, fun as hell.

[quote name='hostyl1']I dont know, brawlers/beat-em ups seem to not hold up in today's gaming world. Especially with unlimited continues, the games are basically just about 30min of fun...and then what?

That being said, I'd have rather seen The Simpsons ;)[/QUOTE]

Have to agree. I used to wear these games out back in the day, but their value these days is questionable. You fire it up, enjoy a few minutes of nostalgia, and then its back to Mass Effect 2. ;)

[quote name='BrolyB593']I trying to think of stuff to get for the 2400 and I saw my MUA2 sitting with my games. I know they put it back up for a little bit, but is it really even worth it still/how much is it?[/QUOTE]
If it drives you crazy not having a complete roster, then yes. I rebought the game and picked up the DLC last week, the challenges are... challenging to say the least, but they're worth it to unlock the extra costumes for Carnage and Mags. The DLC, IIRC, is 800 points, which I think is a pretty good price for 5 new characters.

Best characters in the pack that wormed their way onto my team are Carnage and Cable. Carnage is a great all around character and has the ability to heal himself by leaching health from enemies with his tendrils, Cable's just badass, but that's probably just my fanboyism talking.

[quote name='bajingo']i cant find my emails for the bing 100 MSP confirmation, does it say the points should land this month?[/QUOTE]
I redeemed my bing points for MS points about a week ago and I have received only one email stating that I made an order. I'm not sure how they do it. Maybe I get an email or an actual letter? No clue. I hope its this week though so I can buy the ME2 dlcs.

I received all of my 3 Bing rewards codes sent and cashed in. Nice! Still haven't bought anything this month for the Oct promo. I'm waiting for Costume Quest....

I really hope the Mass Effect avatar stuff works for those in the dash beta. I miss my ME2 N7 armor and I want the helmet to go with it.....on the cheap.

Well, I wasn't planning on spending 2400 points this month, but I've already spent 1600 on Borderlands DLC, so I guess I'll pick up The Sacrifice and some random 400 point arcade game and get my 800 free space bucks.

I will always welcome more ports of old-school brawlers. I'm not expecting them to be anything more than a good 30 minutes of nostalgia that I can return to anytime I wish. The real fun comes in playing alongside your buddies--that aspect of the game can change all the time depending on who you play with.

I can't say I'm THAT excited about X-Men Arcade. it was great in our youth, but WE WERE ALL 7 YEARS OLD EVERYTHING SEEMED AWESOME THEN.

A quarter munching button masher doesn't hold up these days.

Personally, I think one of the better modern beat-em-ups that really shows how these games could be modernized beyond the tired old warmed over nostalgia leftovers like Scott Pilgrim is Shank.

Shank just was good fun.

Do I want the ME2 addons...I so rarely go back to games. Limbo and costume quest would be the 2400 I need since I've been holding back on limbo and CQ is a day one, whatever I can do for double fine and Tim. Decisions.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I can't say I'm THAT excited about X-Men Arcade. it was great in our youth (And still is), but WE WERE ALL 7 YEARS OLD EVERYTHING SEEMED AWESOME THEN.

A quarter munching button masher still holds up these days

Personally, I think one of the better modern beat-em-ups that really shows how these games could be modernized beyond the tired old warmed over nostalgia leftovers like Shank is Scott Pilgrim.

Shank just was bad.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you buddy ^_^

Question.
Items that fall under deal of the week go toward spending 2400 points deal?
Don't know if it was here or on somewhere else that I read deal of the week items do not qualify.
Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I can't say I'm THAT excited about X-Men Arcade. it was great in our youth, but WE WERE ALL 7 YEARS OLD EVERYTHING SEEMED AWESOME THEN.

A quarter munching button masher doesn't hold up these days.

Personally, I think one of the better modern beat-em-ups that really shows how these games could be modernized beyond the tired old warmed over nostalgia leftovers like Scott Pilgrim is Shank.

Shank just was good fun.[/QUOTE]

Is stealth trolling exciting? I ask for no particular reason. ;)

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Question.
Items that fall under deal of the week go toward spending 2400 points deal?
Don't know if it was here or on somewhere else that I read deal of the week items do not qualify.
Clarification would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Check the OP before everyone bites your head off.

EDIT: All the deals except the Avatar Dragon Armor are live

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, grabbed the ME2 DLC Kasumi and Overlord, so that's 800 pts towards my 2400 in the month. Still have never grabbed the Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection, so I'll probably do that, which is another 800 pts. So now I just need to find something else for 800 pts and I'll have enough. Hopefully there will be more deals at the end of the month.

So like...I still don't exactly understand the gameplay of Dead Space Ignition. I saw one of the 'electrical race' videos, and I hear there's also like a puzzle and a tower defense style mini game?

I wonder what the leaderboards would be ranked by on a game like this o_O

Since I finally bought Mass Effect 2 today, and contemplating on the DLC sale, one thing I'm wondering. Other than Lair of the Shadow Broker, the 2 DLCs on sale are the only other ones that have achievements, correct?

[quote name='JStryke']Since I finally bought Mass Effect 2 today, and contemplating on the DLC sale, one thing I'm wondering. Other than Lair of the Shadow Broker, the 2 DLCs on sale are the only other ones that have achievements, correct?[/QUOTE]

Unless you count the free DLC through the Cerberus Network for the character Zaeed, then I think you are correct.

[quote name='JStryke']Since I finally bought Mass Effect 2 today, and contemplating on the DLC sale, one thing I'm wondering. Other than Lair of the Shadow Broker, the 2 DLCs on sale are the only other ones that have achievements, correct?[/QUOTE]

Lair of the Shadow Broker = 200 points
Overlord = 25 points
Kasumi's Stolen Memory = 15 points
Cerberus Network = 15 points

[quote name='Strife4Life']I've been waiting for a while for the DLC to go down in price. Too bad Lair of the Shadow Broker didn't drop a bit, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I already had Kasume but I figured I'd wait on the others since I am so busy with other games now anyways to go back to ME2 right now. So nice to at least get Overlord for cheap. Too bad Lair wasn't also discounted - oh well, I'll wait on that some more I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back