Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Whatever happened to the Hydro Thunder Hurricane DLC that was supposed to be out this month?[/QUOTE]

the vector unit website says theyre shooting for 10/27, or sooner, but theres no hard date yet.

and all the BC2 DLC haters STFU! why cant you consider that some of us have already bought the full games that were up for vote, so why WOULDNT we vote for this dlc?

[quote name='mcdaking84']what do you guys think of hydro thunder? hows the online community?[/QUOTE]

been about a month since ive played it, but it was still very easy to jump into an online game with 3-4 people. whats even better (and even MORE surprising) is that i was able to place a few times! with niche racing games i usually get destroyed online, but was able to hold my own in most matches (only use expert boats!). i love the game otherwise, and one of the very few the wife will play, if youre on the fence though id wait for the inevitable sale, $15 is kinda high.

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if i should get the me2 dlc (i don't even have the game anymore, but may pick it up eventually) or if i should just wait for the rumored goty edition. at any rate, if the goty doesn't come out, i'll be screwed for not picking up the dlc now.

If you buy the onslaught dlc you are a too0l.

Atleast when Activi$ion overcharges on dlc it's NEW content, theyre not just withholding content on the disc youve already bought.

I'm trying to psych myself to buy this BF:BC2 stuff but it's just not an insta buy like some of the other stuff up for grabs. Anyone who owns it have anything to say about Onslaught mode?

[quote name='Newl']If you buy the onslaught dlc you are a too0l.

Atleast when Activi$ion overcharges on dlc it's NEW content, theyre not just withholding content on the disc youve already bought.[/QUOTE]

Great post would read again.

Im undecided on onslaught DLC as well. Mostly because i would need some friends who have it or will buy it as well.

Last day to buy it but just so everyone knows this month they are doing bonus XP events this month. Which is totally sick. I ordered the game so I can play some more horde with the new maps and maybe snag some cheevos.

GEARS 2 DOMINATES OCTOBER WITH A HUGE XP EVENT!

We’ve been racking our brains for a solid pun to describe this kick-ass Gears of War 2 XP event, but unfortunately, all the good ones—“Shocktober,” “Rocktober,” and so on—have already been claimed by soda companies and extreme sport events. Screw it, the awesome speaks for itself: In celebration of tomorrow’s Gears 2 Games on Demand release, earn 4x XP in Gears 2 multiplayer from October 12-28. In honor of Halloween, that figure skyrockets to an incredible 31x XP from October 29 to November 1. Go forth and boost thy rank!

[quote name='Newl']Atleast when Activi$ion overcharges on dlc it's NEW content..[/QUOTE]

Well, 60% of it was new anyway.

Was thinking about getting scott pilgirim and case zero for my last 1200 but I think they'll drop scott pilgrim's price when the blu ray comes out.

[quote name='Metalic']
Im undecided on onslaught DLC as well. Mostly because i would need some friends who have it or will buy it as well.[/QUOTE]

I randomly joined someone who was playing Onslaught by himself. I started in Nelson Bay and finished it with him and 2 others who also randomly joined. They were good players and we managed to finish Valparaiso and Nelson Bay :)

It's great fun if you enjoy BF:BC2. I don't regret it :D I think you'll manage to go through it with random players this week since it is a DotW; there will probably be a good amount of random players trying to finish Onslaught.

Atleast when Activi$ion overcharges on dlc it's NEW content, theyre not just withholding content on the disc youve already bought.[/QUOTE]

So... what do you consider new content?
COD map packs require new art assets and no (or little) code.
BC2's Onslaught required new code and little to no new art assets.

I don't want to start anything with this, I just don't think it's fair to say they're just withholding content in this case.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Gears of War 2 DLC should be good until 11:59 pm Pacific Time right?[/QUOTE]

Possibly but why risk it? If your not at home you can always load up the marketplace from xbox.com

[quote name='Metalic']Possibly but why risk it? If your not at home you can always load up the marketplace from xbox.com[/QUOTE]
But that's my problem. My work computer is so old, it can't even do it.

:(

So very informative. :roll:

You'll probably call me a N00b too - damn how will my self esteem recover?

I haven't even opened my recently purchased copy of Bad Company 2, but I knew when I bought it I'd be picking up Onslaught because I've heard too much good stuff about it not to bite, especially at half price.

Whee! I'm a tool. :cool:

Thanks for the Gears info Chernobyl. 31x XP will be sweet. I'll finally get up to level 50 and then will just need to play Horde for most of those achievements.

[quote name='Gideon68']Just tried Sonic and was not impressed. He isn't as fast as before and what's with the game pointing our bumpers and springs and etc.[/QUOTE]
...thats for your homing attack...

IGN just posted that super meat boy will be 800 points at launch and then go to 1200 in november. That and Case Zero make for a good 1200.

Added the note to Super Meat Boy and took GeOW out of the Deals. If by chance Major Nelson posts his preview post I will update after 3pm

YES Super Meat Boy for 800 Points...Love it.

Quick question about Pinball FX2....I know its a free download on the 27th and you can import your tables from the original Pinball FX, but did you have to of purchase the original Pinball FX to do that? I only ask because I figured I would buy 2 tables with my extra points I was going to use on meatboy, but I also dont wanna waste them if I cant do this. Anyone with some inside info?

the title of this thread is the shortest I've ever seen :whee:

hopefully you get us some more info soon reddjoey, like next weeks deal, hopefully something worth spending points on to get the rebate, but I might be covered w/ Alan Wake DLC, GeOW2 DLC and this Super Meat Boy..then to think of one more thing..

MajorNelson usually drops the Upcoming sales on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon so we should have nedw deals soon. Xbox JP hasn't been updating before MN lately.

[quote name='genfuyung']IGN just posted that super meat boy will be 800 points at launch and then go to 1200 in november. That and Case Zero make for a good 1200.[/QUOTE]

Think I'll do the same. Already spent 1200 between Mass Effect 2 DLC and GeoW DLC, but I needed another 1200. Dead Rising: Case Zero was a no-brainer, and now that Super Meat Boy is dropped to 800 pts, it makes the perfect filler. It'll practically be like getting SMB free after the 800 pt rebate.

I went to the fourth page to find this thread and I figured this week's DoTW thread title is relatively short. I thought one I saw, which appears to be this one, was the thread dedicated to the rebate offer.

Anyway, well Super Meat Boy at 800 MS sounds really nice. I saw an article about the developer saying screw DLC system.
I'd definitely support them, especially when the game seems to be 90 on Metacritic.

Major Nelson:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
October 20: Super Meat Boy, 800 Microsoft Points. After November 21 the price will be 1200 Microsoft Points
October 20: Costume Quest, 1200 Microsoft Points
October 27: Pinball FX 2 Free game download. Tables purchased individually with free import from original Pinball FX

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :
Week of October 25: BioShock 2
Rapture Metro, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack , 240 Microsoft Points (40 percent off)
Protector Trials, 240 Microsoft Points (40 percent off)
Big Sister Outfit , 240 Microsoft Points (25 percent off)
Watchface Big Daddy Doll , 160 Microsoft Points (33 percent off)

Week of November 1:
Snoopy Flying Ace, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Risk: Factions, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Blade Kitten, 600 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Pug Dog Avatar Marketplace Pets , 160 Microsoft Points (33 percent off) and available worldwide
Black Cat Avatar Marketplace Pets, 160 Microsoft Points (33 percent off) and available worldwide
**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members

Xbox Games On Demand:

October 19:
Borderlands
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin
Virtua Fighter 5
Cabela’s Big Game Hunter

October 26:
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction
The BIGS 2
Cabela’s Alaskan Adventures
LOST: Via Domus

Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace:
October 21: Iconic job costumes for Halloween
October 21: DJ Hero
October 25: Star Wars The Force Unleashed
October 25: Red Dead Redemption

Xbox Game Add-Ons
To celebrate the release of Borderlands through Games on Demand, stock up on the Add-ons for half the price:

October 19-25:
Borderlands Secret Armory, 400 Microsoft Points
Zombie Island , 400 Microsoft Points
The Underdome, 400 Microsoft Points

October 25:
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Pack” , 800 Microsoft Points

October 27:
Hydro Thunder Hurricane Tempest Pack , 400 Microsoft Points

I really can't see Super Meat Boy staying at 1200 points for very long. By the time it hits 1200 the vast majority of interested gamers will have already bought it and the "new-ness" of the game will have worn off. Sales will most likely flatline at that point and they'll return it to 800.

;)

damnit was really hoping for something i wanted for the weekly deal.
im already at 1200 points for the month, guess i'll probably buy costume quest at full price.

unless someone knows a good game for 400ms points (i wanted to buy either the newest borderlands or mass effect 2 dlc, and both are 800, so i would need 400 more)

edit: damn if only risk: factions was on sale a week earlier so it would qualify!

[quote name='utopianmachine']

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :
Week of October 25: BioShock 2
Rapture Metro, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)
Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack , 240 Microsoft Points (40 percent off)
Protector Trials, 240 Microsoft Points (40 percent off)
Big Sister Outfit , 240 Microsoft Points (25 percent off)
Watchface Big Daddy Doll , 160 Microsoft Points (33 percent off)
[/QUOTE]

Didnt we just have a bioshock 2 sale recently? No Minervas Den though, so makes it kinda pointless. If you didn't get it a couple of weeks ago why would you want it now?

[quote name='utopianmachine']
Week of November 1:

Blade Kitten, 600 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)

[/QUOTE]

This is just sad, the game was just released. Yes it sucked and had pretty meh reviews, but it shouldve never been a 1200 msp title anyways. Maybe by doing this they can sell a couple copies.

As for all the rebates and sales, you think MS is realizing that 1200 pts for one xbla is a bit much? 800 is a sweet spot for most of us. Which is what all the prices seem to be coming down to after sales and rebates.

Yeah, I was hoping for something decent the final week of the month too. Considering we just had a Bioshock sale, I'm surprised another is here.

At least Costume Quest will be mine tomorrow!

[quote name='downsouthtigger']This is just sad, the game was just released. Yes it sucked and had pretty meh reviews, but it shouldve never been a 1200 msp title anyways. Maybe by doing this they can sell a couple copies.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately Krome Studios, the developer, is going under. It looks like they're at the point where they're willing to take any money they can get.

If I get Limbo (1200), Super Meat Boy (800) and Alan Wake: The Writer (560), will I qualify for the 800 rebate? I will be spending 2560 Microsoft points, which is above the 2400 minimum for the rebate, but does Super Meat Boy being on sale... means that it doesn't qualify for the rebate?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If I get Limbo (1200), Super Meat Boy (800) and Alan Wake: The Writer (560), will I qualify for the 800 rebate? I will be spending 2560 Microsoft points, which is above the 2400 minimum for the rebate, but does Super Meat Boy being on sale... means that it doesn't qualify for the rebate?[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine, according to the OP you'll still qualify.

Sweet news on Protector Trials, I was planning to buy it this month to count toward my 2400 points anyway. Glad I didn't do it sooner. After The Sacrifice, Minerva's Den, Protector Trials, and the Hydro Thunder Hurricane DLC, I'll still need 400 points... probably pick up three of the songs in the Rock Band 2 R.E.M. track pack.

lol blade kitten. That Snoopy game is awesome for 5 bucks. I hate flying games and dont really have an opinion on Snoopy but I loved that game.

Hell yeah. I've been holding off on Snoopy Flying Ace since it released. I just loaded up on points from Kmart and it was getting harder to wait. I'm glad I waited. I'll be picking it up with Risk: Factions.

I'll try out the demo for Costume Quest before buying it but I liked the trailer. I still need 1200 points to get in on the rebate offer.

I was really crossing my fingers for Minerva's Den going on sale in October. They gave me my wish of a Bioshock 2 sale, but they held out on that one DLC!

[quote name='emg28']I'll try out the demo for Costume Quest before buying it but I liked the trailer. I still need 1200 points to get in on the rebate offer.[/QUOTE]
The Giant Bomb quick look is what pushed me to a day one purchase, the game looks awesome.

With Comic Jumper, the Alan Wake DLC and now General Knoxx for Borderleands, I'm 240 points away from the rebate. Still debating weather or not to get SMB.

[quote name='Zerok']The Giant Bomb quick look is what pushed me to a day one purchase, the game looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of Giant Bomb until today when I watched the Super Meat Boy quick look. I'll take a look at CQ's quick look. Thanks.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed on Blade Kitten, i know my friend who brought it on release night must be raging. I doubt i'd pay anything more than 400 points for it[/QUOTE]

Blade Kitten really didn't appeal to me. But even so, it's surprising to see a sale so soon on a newly released game.

[quote name='mcdaking84']wait snoopy is $5?[/QUOTE]

It will be on sale for 400 points the week of November 1st.

[quote name='rapsodist']I was really crossing my fingers for Minerva's Den going on sale in October. They gave me my wish of a Bioshock 2 sale, but they held out on that one DLC![/QUOTE]

At least you can pick it up with your rebate. I would have love to see that on sale as well. I am picking up the Protector Trials since I got the Rapture Metro pack a few weeks ago when it was on sale.

[quote name='emg28']I wasn't aware of Giant Bomb until today when I watched the Super Meat Boy quick look. I'll take a look at CQ's quick look. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Giant Bomb is the website started by Jeff Gerstmann after his dismissal from GameSpot over the Kane & Lynch review controversy. I haven't gone back to GameSpot since.

[quote name='jonathanp']At least you can pick it up with your rebate. I would have love to see that on sale as well. I am picking up the Protector Trials since I got the Rapture Metro pack a few weeks ago when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, any complaints aside, I'll definitely be picking up Minerva's Den for the rebate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back