Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will pick up DC song and maybe a couple others. Scored a Kinect a couple days ago for dirt cheap. Just wish my 360 wasn't RROD'd or else I'd dl it right now. Don't want to dl anything to my buddies box and have to transfer later.

Aw, I missed Alan Wake's DLC. Completely forgot about the XBL sales in the midst of holiday gatherings. But I guess that's how it should be. :lol:

[quote name='rapsodist']Aw, I missed Alan Wake's DLC. Completely forgot about the XBL sales in the midst of holiday gatherings. But I guess that's how it should be. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I almost did too until I remembered right before heading out to my grandparents' place. Grabbed the wife's ipod touch and bought the writer online.

Also picked up my very first music game dlc ever. I got a feeling, woo hoo. They should have bundle a lot of songs then had it on sale, ah well. Joy to the world!

[quote name='seanr1221']DC content on Christmas makes perfect sense. A lot of people are unwrapping Kinect today. When they hook it up, they're hit with a deal for the game they just got.[/QUOTE]

That's true, didn't think of that. It might get more fringe customers to try DLC as well. If I owned a Kinect I would buy this instantly.

[quote name='Cheddahz']Hey guys, was wondering if Hydro Thunder or Limbo is going to be worth the 600 MS points when they are on sale? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing but I think,
Limbo will be 800 points (33% off).
Hydro Thunder will be 600 points (50% off).

Limbo is one of my favorite games.
Hydro Thunder just isn't the same without the arcade cabinet.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm just guessing but I think,
Limbo will be 800 points (33% off).
Hydro Thunder will be 600 points (50% off).

Limbo is one of my favorite games.
Hydro Thunder just isn't the same without the arcade cabinet.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will make Limbo 800. That would end things on a sour note after having all the other games for 50% off. I can't think of any reason for them to not have it at 600.

[quote name='fader089']I doubt they will make Limbo 800. That would end things on a sour note after having all the other games for 50% off. I can't think of any reason for them to not have it at 600.[/QUOTE]
You make it sound like Microsoft really cares. This is the same company that raised the price of their 12 months of Gold to $60 for really no reason.

[quote name='bardockkun']You make it sound like Microsoft really cares. This is the same company that raised the price of their 12 months of Gold to $60 for really no reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm not suggesting that they care, as if they are doing us a favor. It's just that Limbo isn't anything special that needs to have a higher price than the others. I think last year they had Castle Crashers and Battlefield 1943 at the end. Those were two of the highest rated games at the time (as Limbo is now) and they got the same discount as everything else. I don't see why they would do it differently just for the last game.

[quote name='bardockkun']You make it sound like Microsoft really cares. This is the same company that raised the price of their 12 months of Gold to $60 for really no reason.[/QUOTE]

But it costs Microsoft money to get those timed exclusive DLC and I shit you not that, that was one of the reasons they said they did it.

[quote name='Kaltic']But it costs Microsoft money to get those timed exclusive DLC and I shit you not that, that was one of the reasons they said they did it.[/QUOTE]
So we got to pay more money (if you're non CAG'er) to be able to spend money before anyone else?

sweet I'll update the OP

Done. Thanks for the post Megma42. The Zune movie hasn't changed price, but I don't think anyone is here for that

[quote name='bardockkun']So we got to pay more money (if you're non CAG'er) to be able to spend money before anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Even if shit was free and they gave you points just to download the games, people would then complain saying they are downloading "spyware" or "adware". No one is ever happy with anything, a discount isn't enough and a "deal" is never a deal it could always be lower. People complaining about how Microsoft does their pricing for premium content which is their damn choice in the first place. It is premium, meaning users don't have to use it in the first place.

[quote name='tunavi']Perfect Dark. Worth 5 bucks if never played previously? I'll demo it as well[/QUOTE]

You ever play Goldeneye for N64? If not you probably won't care for Perfect Dark. It was great back in the day but unless you pine for it because of how much you played it back then, you won't care.

Perfect Dark for $5 is quite excellent. Does the X-Box have any way to gift something from the Marketplace to another person's console? I already have PD but I'd love to get it for my cousin!

I have no interest in Perfect Dark multiplayer but is the single player worth the $5? I have a feeling no even though it's supposed to be a lot better than the sequel

[quote name='jamezuva']I have no interest in Perfect Dark multiplayer but is the single player worth the $5? I have a feeling no even though it's supposed to be a lot better than the sequel[/QUOTE]
It definitely feels like an N64 game in single player as well honestly. The sensitivity never felt just right to me as well, but try the demo beforehand. If anything the one awesome thing about Perfect Dark is in single player in each difficulty it not only makes the AI more difficult, but it adds additional tasks and objectives to complete along with new weapons to find.

Perfect Dark XBLA: I bought it the day it came out, out of nostalgia. And of course I enjoyed it, out of nostalgia, with my one complaint being a major misstep in regards to online matchmaking (you can only do a Private match with friends, or Public match without friends...you can't invite friends or your party to a Public match).

Would it be a fun game for people who missed out on the N64 era? I'm not sure. I get the feeling that the only way the game would be enjoyable to someone who didn't experience it the first time around, is if the person can appreciate the historical value of it...understanding the age that it came from, and what innovations it brought to the table.

Random trivia:

- It was the first console-based FPS to feature intelligent bots in deathmatch (though several PC games had done it a year earlier).

- It was the first console-based FPS to allow the level of custom-match customization as it did (I remember it seeming almost overwhelming the first time we loaded it up, being used to the small list of settings for Goldeneye matches).

- It was the first console-based FPS to offer secondary weapon modes.

- I'm pretty sure the first console-based FPS to include a co-op mode, and it's quite possibly the first FPS (console or PC) to feature a counter-op mode.

- It also holds the unique distinction of being the first FPS (console or PC) to not give you the option of playing as a male character in the single player campaign (though the first Unreal, for PC, almost was).

Anyone who used to enjoy GoldenEye multiplayer back in the day should consider PD at this price, as its multiplayer mode includes a bunch of GoldenEye maps and weapons, and is the absolute closest you'll get to playing GoldenEye on your 360.

I am a huge fan of PD and that was one of the main reasons for wanting a 360 this year for Christmas. I got the 360 for Christmas, so all I needed was the game. I am a Bing rewards member and I noticed I was two days away from getting 400 MS points, so I told myself I could wait those two days and split my cost in half, but low and behold to my surprise as I am browsing the marketplace on my new 360 I see the game is half off. Insta-buy right then and there. What a great way to cap off my Christmas.

Now I can use those free 400 points for something else.

[quote name='miriamleo']How is the online community for PD? I remember hearing it to be pretty dead...[/QUOTE]

I played a few online matches on the week of release, but every time I've tried since then it hasn't worked out well. This sale might boost the community for a little while though. Seems that kids don't play anything without CoD in the title, lol.

And to the people asking if its worth $5... If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. This remake is awesome. Objective based missions are great and I wonder why there haven't been any more games to follow that mission structure.

[quote name='Trojann']On Dec 29th how much will Monday Night Combat be?[/QUOTE]

No confirmed price (or if it is even MNC) yet, only speculation.

That said, Lara Croft, which came out in the with MNC at the same price in the Summer of Arcade, was on sale for 600 MSP as part of this sale

Just bought Perfect Dark after trying the demo. For some reason I felt that it was a game that was so bad that I couldn't help but enjoy it. I never played it when I was younger since Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros., and Banjo were all I ever had for my N64 but I would have to recommended it for its low price.

[quote name='HDShadow']Probably 600 points.[/QUOTE]

That's probably the case, but companies seem to forget what the concept of a "sale" truly is. The reason people are interested and or buying your product is because demand has waned, and you're willing to offer a product for less as a result.

Don't insult us with a sale of 800 for a game that's 1200 otherwise (you hear me Limbo?). I think all of these titles should be 400 points, though I can live with 600 (yes I'm talking to you Limbo- 800 is a no buy).

Fixed a couple typos.

Brothers isn't showing on the dash and the price hasn't dropped. You Natalie Portman fans better cross your fingers this one doesn't get nuked
(That is in no way an endorsement or slam on the movie. I have only seen the trailer)

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']That's probably the case, but companies seem to forget what the concept of a "sale" truly is. The reason people are interested and or buying your product is because demand has waned, and you're willing to offer a product for less as a result.

Don't insult us with a sale of 800 for a game that's 1200 otherwise (you hear me Limbo?). I think all of these titles should be 400 points, though I can live with 600 (yes I'm talking to you Limbo- 800 is a no buy).[/QUOTE]

50% off is pretty good but the problem is there are alot of games that shouldnt be 1200 points.

I'd actually consider picking up Brothers especially for 400mp. I wanted to see it last year but never got around to.

Whats the problem with it? no price drop or what?

I was a perfect dark addict growing up.. Naturally, I was so hyped up for a HD port but man that demo gave me a headache upon initial playing that I didn't purchase the full version. At this price, I'll chalk one up for the nostalgia even though It gives me a headache that's not a tumor.

Not sure what to do about Perfect Dark. Had fun with the demo when it first came out, and would have bought it, but thought 800 was overpriced. Thought about getting it again during the Spend 2400 points Deal, but found the demo kinda boring. 400 was my price point, but I'm not sure anymore.

[quote name='Wargamer']For Dec. 28th, are all 3 ME2 DLCs going or sale or just one? How much will they go for?[/QUOTE]
Check the OP. Everything is rumor and speculation until the day of.

[quote name='dchrisd']Not sure what to do about Perfect Dark. Had fun with the demo when it first came out, and would have bought it, but thought 800 was overpriced. Thought about getting it again during the Spend 2400 points Deal, but found the demo kinda boring. 400 was my price point, but I'm not sure anymore.[/QUOTE]
I feel the exact same way on all angles. I guess I'll give the demo one more try, I haven't done so since the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back