Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neverletthem']Damn, i must be the lucky one. My account is still getting points/not wiped. Nothing about my prize yet, though.[/quote]
yeah me too, although i hope my game gets here eventually

I think they just wiped everyone that ordered a Vista or Zune. :lol:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']My Vista account got wiped a while back, but my Kameo/Controller/Unplugged account did not.[/quote]

[quote name='tarouza']anyone know if the wireless headset from this will work on my PS3 i need a headset for it[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know that as well.

I ordered a ringtone about umm well hell if I remember but I got it about 2 weeks later in an email like a link to it

and just ordered like 7 more (Yeah I'm a noob =[ )

but I just ordered a wireless headset or whatever and I recieved emails for ALL of them like 1 minute after I ordered them

[quote name='Cdradio']I ordered a ringtone about umm well hell if I remember but I got it about 2 weeks later in an email like a link to it

and just ordered like 7 more (Yeah I'm a noob =[ )

but I just ordered a wireless headset or whatever and I recieved emails for ALL of them like 1 minute after I ordered them[/quote]
we all did, now play the waiting game for 2 moths for your headset

If your points were zero'd so were your chances of getting something. If you still have points... maybe.

[quote name='Chitown021']Dammit, I just wanted to get one copy of Vista to install on my PC. I ordered July 1st but I'm not holding my breath.[/quote]

I know I'm probably not going to get anything, that's why I said I wasn't holding my breath. Makes me mad that all of the multiple account whores got a bunch of prizes and the one item I ordered I won't get.

Thats just it, only a hand full of people actually got anything. I think I could count on both hands the number of real pictures I've seen of delivered items.

[quote name='Chitown021']I know I'm probably not going to get anything, that's why I said I wasn't holding my breath. Makes me mad that all of the multiple account whores got a bunch of prizes and the one item I ordered I won't get.[/quote]

[quote name='Sockey']Almost all the people who ordered games in early July or before got them. I got my copy of Fable which I ordered on the 1st.[/quote]

Yeah, I ordered some stuff on July 2nd and I got it on the 12th. But I also ordered a Vista and controller on that day and I haven't gotten those yet.

Hey dtarasev, you're in Ann Arbor? How's that engineering school over there? Forgot it's name but it's got Ann Arbor in its name. I'll be applying there I think.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Hey dtarasev, you're in Ann Arbor? How's that engineering school over there? Forgot it's name but it's got Ann Arbor in its name. I'll be applying there I think.[/quote]

You sure it's got Ann Arbor in the name? Because I haven't heard of any schools in the area with Ann Arbor in the name.

Are you talking about the University of Michigan Engineering school? If so then I have heard pretty good things about it.

I just found a list of all the local school online :
Cleary University
Concordia University
Eastern Michigan University
The University of Michigan
Washtenaw Community College
Ave Maria School of Law

Other then the U of M Engineering school I haven't heard of any others.

http://www.arborweb.com/cg/t0203.html

[quote name='Kayden']Removing the points is their way of saying YOU CHEATED!@!!!!@#@@!!!

Whether or not you actually did is irrelevant as two of my accounts attest. Emailing them seems to get little beyond a poorly written canned email, if anything at all.

Theres really nothing we can do about it if you read the TOS. It essentially says they can revoke our points at any point they wish without explanation. Even if they don't, the TOS goes to further say they actually have no obligation to give you anything at all. Seeing how you agreed to the TOS by signing up, you can't sue or anything. Even better, theres a line in the TOS that says they can change the TOS at any time and you automatically agree to any future changes just by logging on after the change is made.

Long story short, legal bullshit keeps them from having to do anything for the thousands of search hits we give them.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got that same canned email. Didnt answer anything I asked. They say that they can easily see who cheated and that those accounts will not receive any prizes. I did not use a bot or anything and they still killed my account. Luckily I received my Vista and faceplate before this nonsense. We can thank all the cheaters for this.

And I think it is safe to say that anyone who had their points zeroed out wont be getting any prizes mailed to them.

[quote name='musha666']Yea I got that same canned email. Didnt answer anything I asked. They say that they can easily see who cheated and that those accounts will not receive any prizes. I did not use a bot or anything and they still killed my account. Luckily I received my Vista and faceplate before this nonsense. We can thank all the cheaters for this.

And I think it is safe to say that anyone who had their points zeroed out wont be getting any prizes mailed to them.[/quote]
Well, nobody has had any prizes mailed to them since early July, legit or not. Besides the ringtone codes.

[quote name='dtarasev']You sure it's got Ann Arbor in the name? Because I haven't heard of any schools in the area with Ann Arbor in the name.

Are you talking about the University of Michigan Engineering school? If so then I have heard pretty good things about it.

I just found a list of all the local school online :
Cleary University
Concordia University
Eastern Michigan University
The University of Michigan
Washtenaw Community College
Ave Maria School of Law

Other then the U of M Engineering school I haven't heard of any others.
[/quote]

I think it's U of M at Ann Arbor.

I ordered mine the last day of June (maybe pages ago said my account got zeroed) and still nothing.

Not expecting anything, however it does annoy me that they're using us all to try to propel their crappy search engine and not fulfill their end of the bargain, even if the TOS changes when they want it to.

[quote name='NintendoGal']I ordered mine the last day of June (maybe pages ago said my account got zeroed) and still nothing.

Not expecting anything, however it does annoy me that they're using us all to try to propel their crappy search engine and not fulfill their end of the bargain, even if the TOS changes when they want it to.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but after they piss off all these legit players by not sending them their prizes I dont see many returning to use that search. I know I wont bother with it ever again. So hopefully in the long run they screw themselves.

[quote name='musha666']I agree, but after they piss off all these legit players by not sending them their prizes I dont see many returning to use that search. I know I wont bother with it ever again. So hopefully in the long run they screw themselves.[/quote]

I agree that I feel used to get them to increase the hits to their incredibly shitty search engine. I have never used live.com before then and believe you me, won't ever use it again. I didn't even use it when I played the games, I just stuck to google.

Lucky... I ordered Vista on the 29th of June and still got nothing. My GF ordered a controller on the first and that hasn't shown up.

Now I've actually set up some accounts just to cheat them for cheating me. I wasted a full weekend and a week after work playing those shitty games for my Vista Ultimate that they'll never ship.

fuck em.

[quote name='musha666']Yea I got that same canned email. Didnt answer anything I asked. They say that they can easily see who cheated and that those accounts will not receive any prizes. I did not use a bot or anything and they still killed my account. Luckily I received my Vista and faceplate before this nonsense. We can thank all the cheaters for this.

And I think it is safe to say that anyone who had their points zeroed out wont be getting any prizes mailed to them.[/quote]

Well then again if you didn't recieve a controller think about how many people ordered them probably

Most likely a couple thousand either they won't ship them or it'll take awhile

I emailed them asking if my prizes have shipped on the 12th and they said my digital headphones shipped on the 5th. I ordered them on the 1st and actually got the points legit. They still aren't here. In the email it said they should come next week but its been almost 2 weeks and nothing. :( The headphones were the only thing I did legit. I havent gotten anything. I called my post office and asked them and the guy laughed at me when I told it was a prize for an online thing. I don't think I will get them.

I stopped playing because the games got so annoying. I did order Windows Vista Ultimate when it was 6000 points. Whether I will ever get it or not, who knows. I believe I put my order in on June 28th when it came back in stock. Almost a month now and no ship confirmation.

I think they probably just blacklisted any "cheating" email.

[quote name='_woLf']They don't even answer my emails to their support anymore...........[/quote]

I bet the people that ordered on the evening of June 19th are P-OED. Having ordered on June 24th, I'm just waiting for my 6-8 week period to come by.

Whats so significant about the 19th?

[quote name='RESmonkey']I bet the people that ordered on the evening of June 19th are P-OED. Having ordered on June 24th, I'm just waiting for my 6-8 week period to come by.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Whats so significant about the 19th?[/quote]
"I'm just waiting for my 6-8 week period to come by."

Although I'm looking at my calendar and it shows only 5 weeks have passed since then.

I wonder if MS will honor any of the orders. I think rampant cheating probably ruined this for everyone. Chicktionary had a brief update of new puzzles, then they took the puzzles away, and it hasn't been updated in weeks.

[quote name='Postman']Its their fault they should have set up a one account per ip/household.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, if myself and my teenage daughters want to play on our own accounts then that should be allowed. The fault of this lies entirely with the people that earned points and prizes through fraudulent means and no one else.

ya know what everyone should do?

just let it slide & forget about the whole thing

worst scenario: nothing happens (tragic!)
best case scenario: you forget about the whole thing until one day whatever your item is ships and then your super excited because you didn't expect it!

well I sent them an email a few days ago about my Vista being shipped
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:38 PM
To: Live Search Club
Subject: Estimated date for prize reception

To whom it may concern:

I am wondering the current status on my order of a Windows Vista ordered on July 1, 2007. Confirmation number #######. I see the prize is no longer offered on the Club Live prize section so I am concerned that my prize may not be shipped. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
me

They replied with this:

Thank you for getting in touch with Live Search Club Order Support,​
Your order was placed on 7/1/2007.​
The normal fulfillment timeframe for a Live Search Club Reward is eight weeks. Some of the rewards we offer will be processed and ship well before this eight week timeframe, as we strive to deliver reward our members order in ahead of schedule. If you do not receive your reward in this timeframe or have any further questions regarding your order please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

We hope you enjoy the Live Search Club program and we look forward to your ongoing participation.

Sincerely,

Live Search Club Order Support
[email protected]
http://club.live.com/

Seems like there may be some hope, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll just go long with Foo228 on this.

Were your points zero'd?

[quote name='zerowing']well I sent them an email a few days ago about my Vista being shipped

They replied with this:

Seems like there may be some hope, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll just go long with Foo228 on this.[/quote]

[quote name='zerowing']well I sent them an email a few days ago about my Vista being shipped

They replied with this:

Seems like there may be some hope, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll just go long with Foo228 on this.[/quote]

You got an automated email response.

[quote name='zerowing']No idea, I had exactly 6000[/quote]

Well, if you got that message, you're probably OK, just wait.

If your accont is wiped, you get some bullshit engrish response.

Seeing how they wiped just as many legit accounts as non, I say fuck em and let them shut down their site. If they're not going to pay out for their hits, they shouldn't get any./

[quote name='Manno91']A guy released Live Searcher 2.1 here: http://www.clubliveforums.com/index.php?showtopic=154&hl=

Its not a bot for points, but a bot for Live search so Microsoft keeps Club Live alot. Basically, puts a smile on Microsofts face ;-)[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back